Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,032 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African (4125 Views)

What Makes Christianity The One True Religion Of God? / Who Is The One True God? / Who Is The One True God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by wiegraf: 5:41am On Jan 10, 2016
wiki:

The Dogon people are an ethnic group in Mali, West Africa, reported by some researchers to have traditional astronomical knowledge about Sirius that would normally be considered impossible without the use of telescopes. According to Marcel Griaule's books Conversations with Ogotemmêli and The Pale Fox they knew about the fifty-year orbital period of Sirius and its companion prior to western astronomers. They also refer to a third star accompanying Sirius A and B. Robert Temple's 1976 book The Sirius Mystery, credits them with knowledge of the four Galilean moons of Jupiter and the rings of Saturn. This has been the subject of controversy and speculation.

So, they disclosed extremely scientifically advanced information and were accurate.

My serious (serious) question here is; why do you not worship these gods?

they've been far more impressive than yahweh, who thought the earth was the centre of the universe and had to run away from an army that was using iron (seems he didn't know how to make steel), and are African.

You never heard of them? Well, now that you have are you willing to discard false oyinbo religions and embrace your african roots?

Oh, and please, while how they got the data is debatable, it still is a lot better than what judeoxtianity offers. If you're going to make a move using 'faith' and long shots, why not this??

Plus, they're from the marine world, and have spaceships!!!

wiki:

In the latter part of the 1940s, French anthropologists Marcel Griaule and Germaine Dieterlen (who had been working with the Dogon since 1931) were the recipients of additional, secret mythologies, concerning the Nommo. The Dogon reportedly related to Griaule and Dieterlen a belief that the Nommos were inhabitants of a world circling the star Sirius (see the main article on the Dogon for a discussion of their astronomical knowledge). [b]The Nommos descended from the sky in a vessel accompanied by fire and thunder. After arriving, the Nommos created a reservoir of water and subsequently dove into the water. The Dogon legends state that the Nommos required a watery environment in which to live. [/b]According to the myth related to Griaule and Dieterlen: "The Nommo divided his body among men to feed them; that is why it is also said that as the universe "had drunk of his body," the Nommo also made men drink. He gave all his life principles to human beings." The Nommo are also thought to be the origin of the first Hogon.[2][3]

And we all know spaceships and the marine world exist. So, why not believe their tale of over the obvious yahweh charade?

2 Likes

Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by johnydon22(m): 7:20am On Jan 10, 2016
[b] having such knowledge does not make their claims true.. they are also intelligent species (humans) like us so why should we think having astronomical knowledge of some astronomical facts is something unheard of.

the ancients also practised astrology and kept star chats..

But the whole thing sounds like many of these stories (myths) that gives fuel to the theory of ancient alien visitation. (most of these stories makes it almost seem that what these ancients worship as God(s) were intelligent alien species.

just take a look at the story.. "he descended from the sky on a vessel accompanied by fire and thunder" this is exactly the description an ancient mind would give a rocket.

also remember when ever yahweh descended in mountain sinai as written in the bible, smoke and thunder covered the whole moutain.

Ezekiel saw a fiery creature, with wheels that can turn in ever direction and eyes all over it's body (could the eyes be his way of describing tiny windows in an aircraft?)
there are many instances as these that support this ancient alien visitation.. But i don't still buy it though, we keep an open mind.

Because we would ask "why their children (generations) have no visited earth again since then? (the ones who visited may be presumed dead as all living things do)

so where are they, why not visit again lets have another chit chat.
[/b]

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by plaetton: 7:25am On Jan 10, 2016
wiegraf:

So, they disclosed extremely scientifically advanced information and were accurate.

My serious (serious) question here is; why do you not worship these gods?

they've been far more impressive than yahweh, who thought the earth was the centre of the universe and had to run away from an army that was using iron (seems he didn't know how to make steel), and are African.

You never heard of them? Well, now that you have are you willing to discard false oyinbo religions and embrace your african roots?

Oh, and please, while how they got the data is debatable, it still is a lot better than what judeoxtianity offers. If you're going to make a move using 'faith' and long shots, why not this??

Plus, they're from the marine world, and have spaceships!!!

And we all know spaceships and the marine world exist. So, why not believe their tale of over the obvious yahweh charade?

Chai.
We learnt of the Greeks, the Romans, the Gauls, The Vikings in school.

No one remembered to teach us about the Dogons and the Nubians.

Again, dovetailing with the cultural genocide perpetuated on us, not just by Europeans, but by our educational systems.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by johnydon22(m): 7:30am On Jan 10, 2016
plaetton:

Chai.
We learnt of the Greeks, the Romans, the Gauls, The Vikings in school.

No one remembered to teach us about the Dogons and the Nubians.

Again, dovetailing with the cultural genocide perpetuated on us, not just by Europeans, but by our educational systems.
Nobody even remembered to teach us about civilizations that are right under our noses.

The yoruba civilization, Igbo civilization and history, oyo empire, bornu empire, mali empire, ashanti empire..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by plaetton: 7:38am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:

Because we would ask "why their children (generations) have no visited earth again since then? (the ones who visited may be presumed dead as all living things do)

What makes you think that they are still not visiting earth today?
There are UFO reports from every part of the world everyday, if you open your mind to reading them.
There are uncountable reports of UFO encounters in the modern era.

If you read the bible or the Sumerian epics, you would the idea that ancient man's encounters with different alien races may have been origins of warfare, tyrannical monarchies, racism etc.
It is possible, that after much waring amongst themselves, the different alien races may hve agreed or compelled to leave humans to evolve and grow independently.
The Sumerian texts allude to this fact.

Their presence on earth at this time( which I strongly believe) is more to do with observation than with interference.

The bible makes many references to the Watchers.
Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by johnydon22(m): 7:48am On Jan 10, 2016
plaetton:

What makes you think that they are still not visiting earth today?
There are UFO reports from every part of the world everyday, if you open your mind to reading them.
There are uncountable reports of UFO encounters in the modern era.

If you read the bible or the Sumerian epics, you would the idea that ancient man's encounters with different alien races may have been origins of warfare, tyrannical monarchies, racism etc.
It is possible, that after much waring amongst themselves, the different alien races may hve agreed or compelled to leave humans to evolve and grow independently.
The Sumerian texts allude to this fact.

Their presence on earth at this time( which I strongly believe) is more to do with observation than with interference.

The bible makes many references to the Watchers.
I wonder why such UFO cases are seen only in the western world never seen here.

the thing is as much as this ancient alien visits are plausible, they still remain unconfirmed as we know..

most of these ancient texts all have striking reference to the sky and always have descriptions of what one can discern to be space crafts..

there is a picture of the God yahweh found in an ancient coin that depicts a man sitting on a wheel with wings. (wheels that have wings connotes flight)

until we confirm such theory to be accurate, i suggest people shouldn't take this an absolute truth.
Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by wiegraf: 8:03am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
[b] having such knowledge does not make their claims true.. they are also intelligent species (humans) like us so why should we think having astronomical knowledge of some astronomical facts is something unheard of.

the ancients also practised astrology and kept star chats..

But the whole thing sounds like many of these stories (myths) that gives fuel to the theory of ancient alien visitation. (most of these stories makes it almost seem that what these ancients worship as God(s) were intelligent alien species.

just take a look at the story.. "he descended from the sky on a vessel accompanied by fire and thunder" this is exactly the description an ancient mind would give a rocket.

also remember when ever yahweh descended in mountain sinai as written in the bible, smoke and thunder covered the whole moutain.

Ezekiel saw a fiery creature, with wheels that can turn in ever direction and eyes all over it's body (could the eyes be his way of describing tiny windows in an aircraft?)
there are many instances as these that support this ancient alien visitation.. But i don't still buy it though, we keep an open mind.

[/b]

Having knowledge of specific binary systems would be impossible without telescopes. Considering black man eschewed writing through much of his history (in favor of mostly rapping, what a genius idea!) and for long periods never built upon previous knowledge significantly, and that there are no signs of their having any such technology in the past, the likelihood of their having had a telescope is really low.

At best it would be a lucky guess. Considering the size of the universe and the ratios involved, that would be quite the stretch as well. However, when you consider that we're talking about the brightest star available, the odds of it being a guess don't look terribly bad. then again, how did they know about binary systems in the first place?

Or Gods told them.

Regardless, whether I think gods told them or not (or they simply were told by some oyinbo they had come into earlier contact with), a guess or lost technology they failed to document is mostly irrelevant, as this is my focus

me:

If you're going to make a move using 'faith' and long shots, why not (use) this??

So, for the religionists willing to gamble on yahweh, who created the heavens and the earth before he created the sun and the stars. that created brids, descended from dinosaurs, before land animals. that yahweh, so ignorant and confused that he actually can't even seem to get his story straight, as there are two accounts of creation in his book.... why choose him?

I, for one, welcome our new mami-water overlords as truer gods. And they're African to boot!

2 Likes

Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by wiegraf: 8:06am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
Nobody even remembered to teach us about civilizations that are right under our noses.

The yoruba civilization, Igbo civilization and history, oyo empire, bornu empire, mali empire, ashanti empire..

tis robbery. daylight robbery and on an unprecedented scale...

ra.pe, they ra.ped us and people seem to have developed some form of stockholm's syndrome

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by plaetton: 8:11am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:

the thing is as much as this ancient alien visits are plausible, they still remain unconfirmed as we know..

most of these ancient texts all have striking reference to the sky and always have descriptions of what one can discern to be space crafts..

there is a picture of the God yahweh found in an ancient coin that depicts a man sitting on a wheel with wings. (wheels that have wings connotes flight)

until we confirm such theory to be accurate, i suggest people shouldn't take this an absolute truth.

Firstly, UFO encounters occur worldwide.
Even in our traditional cultures, there are tales that resemble classic UFO encounters.

Even in my village there are ancient tales of strange balls of lights falling from the sky and then short creatures coming out from it.

Of course, they referred to them as Ndi Mmuo.
Much of Igbo traditional mythology revolve around Ndi Mmuo.

The preponderance of evidence supports the notion that humans have been, and possiblly do interacting with extraterrestrial biological entities (EBE).
Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by plaetton: 8:12am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:

Even in our traditional cultures, there are tales that resemble classic UFO encounters.

Even in my village there are ancient tales of strange balls of lights falling from the sky and then short creatures coming out from it.

The preponderance of evidence supports the notion that humans have been, and possiblly to interacting with extraterrestrial biological entities (EBE).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by johnydon22(m): 8:18am On Jan 10, 2016
wiegraf:

Having knowledge of specific binary systems would be impossible without telescopes. Considering black man eschewed writing through much of his history (in favor of mostly rapping, what a genius idea!) and for long periods never built upon previous knowledge significantly, and that there are no signs of their having any such technology in the past, the likelihood of their having had a telescope is really low.

At best it would be a lucky guess. Considering the size of the universe and the ratios involved, that would be quite the stretch as well. However, when you consider that we're talking about the brightest star available, the odds of it being a guess don't look terribly bad. then again, how did they know about binary systems in the first place?

Or Gods told them.

Regardless, whether I think gods told them or not (or they simply were told by some oyinbo they had come into earlier contact with), a guess or lost technology they failed to document is mostly irrelevant, as this is my focus

So, for the religionists willing to gamble on yahweh, who created the heavens and the earth before he created the sun and the stars. that created brids, descended from dinosaurs, before land animals. that yahweh, so ignorant and confused that he actually can't even seem to get his story straight, as there are two accounts of creation in his book.... why choose him?

I, for one, welcome our new mami-water overlords as truer gods. And they're African to boot!
[b]To me personally i want people to do away with the notion of faith and try to find things out.

I think these people were more advanced than we thought..

Ancient greeks moved stones that are 100tons in weight without modern day cranes, you as a modern day person might speculate that those stones are impossible to move without cranes. but they did it.

That we do not know how these were done doesn't leave room to other unconfirmed answers, it simply means we don't know.

Many of the things we see in the nights are actually planets and moons and not stars (though need at least a Galilean telescope to distinguish) but if these people had knowledge in astrology and kept star chats.

they could notice these bodies move because they wouldn't remain in the exact position they were during the intervals of the chats. . . so telescope is not really the only way to see these.

So that we don't for now know how they did it is not really a back bone to assume ..

Well i grab your point bro..
[/b]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by johnydon22(m): 8:19am On Jan 10, 2016
plaetton:

The preponderance of evidence supports the notion that humans have been, and possiblly to interacting with extraterrestrial biological entities (EBE).
Am talking about presently bro, we haven't heard or seen of any such claims here.

even though we have thousands of claims all over the western world, why aren't this modern era having UFOs in Africa too..

1 Like

Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by johnydon22(m): 8:21am On Jan 10, 2016
wiegraf:

tis robbery. daylight robbery and on an unprecedented scale...

ra.pe, they ra.ped us and people seem to have developed some form of stockholm's syndrome
Its a pity my boss ...thats why we have this thread Africa, Foreign Religions and Cultural Genocide
Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by bqlekan(m): 8:36am On Jan 10, 2016
sukkot once described a reason for this, he said "what if civilisation is in cycle? what if civilisation started and faded away before us?"

this might be the answer to many lies told to us.
Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by plaetton: 8:39am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
Am talking about presently bro, we haven't heard or seen of any such claims here.

even though we have thousands of claims all over the western world, why aren't this modern era having UFOs in Africa too..

But look at the African mindset.

Let's be realistic.
If a typical Nigerian has a UFO encounter, how do you think he or she would describe and interpret such encounters ?
If I have a UFO encounter, how would I tell my family members, my friends, my neighbors , etc, who are immersed steep down in religion?
No matter how you try to describe your encounter, they would all shout "DEMONIC attack, you need deliverance right away".

We are a people who are terrified by our simple dreams, let alone a UFO encounter.

Now, just imagine how many Nigerians are in Church today , seeking special prayers and deliverance from strange Demonic attacks.

Another reason why you don't hear of UFO reports in Nigeria is media and communications.
In other advanced countries, citizens would report unusual sightings or encounters to the local police, who would then investigate and file reports that become public record.
In Nigeria, trying going to a police station to report that you saw something strange in the sky. You would probably have to part with your money, just so that you can make it home for dinner that day. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by johnydon22(m): 8:49am On Jan 10, 2016
plaetton:

But look at the African mindset.

Let's be realistic.
If a typical Nigerian has a UFO encounter, how do you think he or she would describe and interpret such encounters ?
If I have a UFO encounter, how would I tell my family members, my friends, my neighbors , etc, who are immersed steep down in religion?
No matter how you try to describe your encounter, they would all shout "DEMONIC attack, you need deliverance right away".

We are a people who are terrified by our simple dreams, let alone a UFO encounter.

Now, just imagine how many Nigerians are in Church today , seeking special prayers and deliverance from strange Demonic attacks.

Another reason why you don't hear of UFO reports in Nigeria is media and communications.
In other advanced countries, citizens would report unusual sightings or encounters to the local police, who would then investigate and file reports that become public record.
In Nigeria, trying going to a police station to report that you saw something strange in the sky. You would probably have to part with your money, just so that you can make it home for dinner that day. grin
Hahahahahahahaha funny but true..

Many of our brethren are busy in their imaginary war fare against imaginary armies.

lets not add strangers from the sky to the list grin..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by wiegraf: 8:56am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
[b]To me personally i want people to do away with the notion of faith and try to find things out.

I think these people were more advanced than we thought..

Ancient greeks moved stones that are 100tons in weight without modern day cranes, you as a modern day person might speculate that those stones are impossible to move without cranes. but they did it.

That we do not know how these were done doesn't leave room to other unconfirmed answers, it simply means we don't know.

Many of the things we see in the nights are actually planets and moons and not stars (though need at least a Galilean telescope to distinguish) but if these people had knowledge in astrology and kept star chats.

they could notice these bodies move because they wouldn't remain in the exact position they were during the intervals of the chats. . . so telescope is not really the only way to see these.

So that we don't for now know how they did it is not really a back bone to assume ..

Well i grab your point bro..
[/b]

Ah, mayhaps you misunderstand (or likely I wasn't clear enough). they didn't just predict that there was a star system there, they predicted there was a binary star system there. (Actually, they predict a third star within the system as well, but that remains to be seen.) I know you know a lot about astronomy (even more so than dilettante extraordinaire: myself), so can you now grasp just how sophisticated their claim was? they even allegedly knew their orbital period and a bunch of other things.

Making these discoveries was most likely beyond the grasp of the ancients, even if we cannot definitely say it's entirely impossible. there are other things to consider, but let's leave it at that as they're not really important

I do wish they wouldn't rely on this faith thingie as well, obviously. Some of these folk though...no reason gets through....they simply must worship some god.....smiley

And was it the egyptians or the greek that moved tonnes of bricks with mysterious tech? I've never heard of greek doing it as well.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by wiegraf: 9:03am On Jan 10, 2016
bqlekan:
sukkot once described a reason for this, he said "what if civilisation is in cycle? what if civilisation started and faded away before us?"

this might be the answer to many lies told to us.

Here's a fun fact: Cleopatra lived closer to the iPhone than she did to most of the pyramids. So yes, quite a lot of time has passed.

Edit: to go further back than those periods and make claims would require physical evidence though, and we simply don't have that.
Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by johnydon22(m): 9:12am On Jan 10, 2016
wiegraf:

Ah, mayhaps you misunderstand (or likely I wasn't clear enough). they didn't just predict that there was a star system there, they predicted there was a binary star system there. (Actually, they predict a third star within the system as well, but that remains to be seen.) I know you know a lot about astronomy (even more so than dilettante extraordinaire: myself), so can you now grasp just how sophisticated their claim was? they even allegedly knew their orbital period and a bunch of other things.

Making these discoveries was most likely beyond the grasp of the ancients, even if we cannot definitely say it's entirely impossible. there are other things to consider, but let's leave it at that as they're not really important
Obviously yes their claim was quite stupendous but i believe more insights are needed.

We have a triple star system in our interstellar neighbourhood .. The Alpha Centauri.

Which is 4 light years away.. consisting of 2 average stars and 1 dwarf..

The Sirius star system actually is a well known star in ancient astrology having the brightest star known in our sky.

Its a binary star system alright but it was also well known to most of these ancient civiliations like the Egyptians and even sumer.

These like i said was likely a result of constant observation of the system which of course is visible in our night sky.....

the ancients had knowledge of the intervals and durations of most star constellations visible in our night sky.

I do wish they wouldn't rely on this faith thingie as well, obviously. Some of these folk though...no reason gets through....they simply must worship some god.....smiley
Personally to me anything that needs to have FAITH as a basis of belief has no reason to be believed in the first place

And was it the egyptians or the greek that moved tonnes of bricks with mysterious tech? I've never heard of greek doing it as well.
I was talking about huge cut stone slabs not bricks bro.. Greek temples

compare the size of those blocks with the humans in the pics

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by wiegraf: 9:24am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
Obviously yes their claim was quite stupendous but i believe more insights are needed.

We have a triple star system in our interstellar neighbourhood .. The Alpha Centauri.

Which is 4 light years away.. consisting of 2 average stars and 1 dwarf..

The Sirius star system actually is a well known star in ancient astrology having the brightest star known in our sky.

Its a binary star system alright but it was also well known to most of these ancient civiliations like the Egyptians and even sumer.

These like i said was likely a result of constant observation of the system which of course is visible in our night sky.....

the ancients had knowledge of the intervals and durations of most star constellations visible in our night sky.

Personally to me anything that needs to have FAITH as a basis of belief has no reason to be believed in the first place

I was talking about huge cut stone slabs not bricks bro.. Greek temples

compare the size of those blocks with the humans in the pics

Aye, but did the egygptians and sumerians know it was a binary star system or that there was a 50 year orbit? Did they even know that binary star systems existed? From what I understand, no. And that, ser, is the point.

that's impressive from the greek... I'm quite surprised they didn't record their methods, given they wrote a lot. Did the romans ever do something simialar?
Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by malvisguy212: 9:32am On Jan 10, 2016
wiegraf:

the text say, the sun stop in the middle of the sky, it was a supernatural event, which you atheists do not believe, We still use phrases like the "Sun rose", "Sun set". There is no English (or Hebrew) phrase indicating that the earth rotates until the horizon covers the Sun. This religion you are selling, am sure they believe in the supernatural, which you atheists do not like to here.

The canannit had thousands of iron chariots, but the isrealite has God on there side,BUT the isrealite allowed fear to prevail over there FAITH.
Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by johnydon22(m): 9:42am On Jan 10, 2016
wiegraf:

Aye, but did the egygptians and sumerians know it was a binary star system or that there was a 50 year orbit? Did they even know that binary star systems existed? From what I understand, no. And that, ser, is the point.
why i told we need all the data necessary.. I do not know everything the Egyptians know about Sirius neither do i have the details of the dogon's people knowledge of Sirius to draw a conclusion.

More over possessing superior knowledge over a premise does not suggest external influence of such knowledge after all people still speculate Pyramids were built with the help of Aliens because of the architectural feats one could dub impossible with the kind of technology we imagine they had.

My position is; that we do not know how something was achieved doesn't mean aliens did, it means we don't. and needs a little more of curiosity on this subjects and consistent study to ascertain HOW..

that's impressive from the greek... I'm quite surprised they didn't record their methods, given they wrote a lot. Did the romans ever do something simialar?
This is exactly the point, that we do not know how they did this.. Should we then say they got help from an alien specie (Maybe assumably Zeus?)

Roman architecture i am familiar with make use of smaller blocks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by wiegraf: 9:47am On Jan 10, 2016
malvisguy212:
the text say, the sun stop in the middle of the sky, it was a supernatural event, which you atheists do not believe, We still use phrases like the "Sun rose", "Sun set". There is no English (or Hebrew) phrase indicating that the earth rotates until the horizon covers the Sun. This religion you are selling, am sure they believe in the supernatural, which you atheists do not like to here.

The canannit had thousands of iron chariots, but the isrealite has God on there side,BUT the isrealite allowed fear to prevail over there FAITH.

smiley

cheesy

grin

You're still defending yahweh??
Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by johnydon22(m): 9:56am On Jan 10, 2016
malvisguy212:
the text say, the sun stop in the middle of the sky, it was a supernatural event, which you atheists do not believe, We still use phrases like the "Sun rose", "Sun set". There is no English (or Hebrew) phrase indicating that the earth rotates until the horizon covers the Sun.
Oh sir no matter how much you will love to keep convincing yourself that such phenomenon was achievable rests on your own gullibility and delusion..

-Surely enough we are certain for someone to assert such ridiculous idea shows he or she doesn't really know the orbital calibration of the earth or axial speed

Let me assume in this case that EARTH actually was the one that stood still in joshua..

The earth's axial speed is 465 meter per second.. that is an incredible speed that if it were to come to a halt that would be the end of everything as you know it..

The wind turbulence will blow at ±465 meter per second that nothing on earth will with stand that sudden jerk... Imagine being in a high speed bus and it stops all of a sudden, everyone falls towards the front..

This should be applied in case where the body is moving at a neck breaking speed of 465meter per second not even houses will remain..

so it is highly improbable..

This religion you are selling, am sure they believe in the supernatural, which you atheists do not like to here.
The point always eludes you.. i have not seen where wiagraf asserts he adheres to such beliefs more over atheism has nothing to do with supernatural beliefs

lmao..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by wiegraf: 10:16am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
Oh sir no matter how much you will love to keep convincing yourself that such phenomenon was achievable rests on your own gullibility and delusion..

-Surely enough we are certain for someone to assert such ridiculous idea shows he or she doesn't really know the orbital calibration of the earth or axial speed

Let me assume in this case that EARTH actually was the one that stood still in joshua..

The earth's axial speed is 465 meter per second.. that is an incredible speed that if it were to come to a halt that would be the end of everything as you know it..

The wind turbulence will blow at ±465 meter per second that nothing on earth will with stand that sudden jerk... Imagine being in a high speed bus and it stops all of a sudden, everyone falls towards the front..

This should be applied in case where the body is moving at a neck breaking speed of 465meter per second not even houses will remain..

The point always eludes you.. i have not seen where wiagraf asserts he adheres to such beliefs more over atheism has nothing to do with supernatural beliefs

lmao..

And this is just for starters.

thank you abeg. I just can't anymore. I know I'll look silly stating this, but not so long ago there was a brand of theists that would spout the most illogical, silly, sometimes even sociopathic and terrible thrash as casually as they were brushing their teeth. You might rage at these people, you might lose your hair, but you would at least admire the thought put into their sophistry and chicanery. You would at least applaud their evil genius. Heck, on your good days, you might even openly praise them

this bunch you have to deal with tho...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by malvisguy212: 10:30am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:

lmao..
I thought I made myself clear ? I say it was a supernatural event and not how your canal interpretation.
Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by malvisguy212: 10:33am On Jan 10, 2016
wiegraf:

smiley

cheesy

grin

You're still defending yahweh??
I am not defending God, He will defend Himself when you reach the measure of your sin, I am only defending the faith of those who satan want to use you to confused them.
Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by johnydon22(m): 10:37am On Jan 10, 2016
malvisguy212:
I thought I made myself clear ? I say it was a supernatural event and not how your canal interpretation.
Oh yes you said it but it still doesn't change the fact that it had mundane effects.

supernatural event that made the natural earth (sun) stand still for natural men who are engaging in a mundane activity of warfare

It still doesn't change the fact that our earth stopped rotating on it's axis.. whether you paint it supernatural in order to make yourself feel good believing it still won't change the effects such phenomenon would have if it ever happened.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by malvisguy212: 10:53am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
Oh yes you said it but it still doesn't change the fact that it had mundane effects.

supernatural event that made the natural earth (sun) stand still for natural men who are engaging in a mundane activity of warfare

It still doesn't change the fact that our earth stopped rotating on it's axis.. whether you paint it supernatural in order to make yourself feel good believing it still won't change the effects such phenomenon would have if it ever happened.
an ominipotent God is capable of performing this miracle compear with speaking the entire universe into existence (Psalm 33:9).God is beyond any logic you apply here. But first you must PROVE that this God does not exist. And also you MUST prove , supernatural power do not exist.

be addressed. The story occasionally
circulates that “NASA scientists were
checking the position of the sun, moon,
and planets 100 years from now and
1,000 years from now in order to plot
space craft trajectories. As they ran their
computers up and down the centuries,
their machines came to a grinding halt
because they showed a day missing
about the time Joshua lived.” This story is
purely fictional. Computers do not have
the ability to make such a discovery, and
every effort to contact the scientists
allegedly involved has resulted in either
failure or denial.
http://www.snopes.com/religion/lostday.asp
Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by bqlekan(m): 10:53am On Jan 10, 2016
wiegraf:

Here's a fun fact: Cleopatra lived closer to the iPhone than she did to most of the pyramids. So yes, quite a lot of time has passed.

Edit: to go further back than those periods and make claims would require physical evidence though, and we simply don't have that.

I think we do, the Stonehenge? the 800 year old phone dug out ( saw the thread somewhere on this forum).. we really should think deeper.,
Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by johnydon22(m): 10:59am On Jan 10, 2016
bqlekan:

I think we do, the Stonehenge? the 800 year old phone dug out ( saw the thread somewhere on this forum).. we really should think deeper.,
Wiegraf here is another point.. The stonehenge, how in the world did they lift that and achieved a perfect geometrical formations in arranging it..

we simply do not know, should we then assume they got help from aliens?..No.. it means we don't know YET.

I am fascinated by this Dogon tribe and i will read and research more about their astronomical knowledge.. it will be wonderful

1 Like

Re: Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African by philfearon(m): 10:59am On Jan 10, 2016
Just when I thought I was enjoying myself reading stuffs from enlightened people, this myopic dude from the pit of delusion just shows up..
You guys should hit the ignore button and continue the conversation...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2014 Prophecies By Dr Pastor Paul Enenche. / 10 Proofs From 10 Different Scientists That Heaven Exists. / Man Was Inclined To Committing Sin Even Before Eating The Forbidden Fruit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.