Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? (23038 Views)

Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning / Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day / Pastor Enters Into Church On A Hoverboard (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by ladyF(f): 10:20am On Jan 10, 2016
anonimi:

Is God, the Omnipresent limited spatially to a place called church
funny thing about this argument of yours is that people who use this as an excuse don't even create personal time for God. So if Sunday is the only day when this set of people (myself inclusive sometimes cry ) can find time for God, then yes, they should make the most of it and go to church.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Larryfest(m): 10:22am On Jan 10, 2016
streetzdreamz:
its not compulsory,been over a year I last stepped into a church,and I feel no guilt whatsoever, most of the folks there are just hypocritical miserable b*stards who sees church going and Christianity as a religion and a must,nothing deep down just like a societal norm,do anything that makes you have inner peace not what another human says.
Bro ur own small cos i cnt even remember d last time i attended a sunday service nt evn wit wat we keeping hearing of pastors bt some pple keep asking me is it d pastor u wnt 2go and worship der?my response to dem is, wen a diabolical or fake pastor put up a gathering den who am i goin der to worship cos obviously d Almighty God cnt be in d gathering.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by vilz(m): 10:24am On Jan 10, 2016
Demmocrats:
OP men you one step in entering the atheist crew grin grin grin

i like artiesm
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by IykeWest: 10:25am On Jan 10, 2016
Grendel:
grin
Browse Grendel and see grin
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Grendel(m): 10:27am On Jan 10, 2016
IykeWest:
Browse Grendel and see grin
my brother, i know grendel to be a mighty ancient demons. i just don't know why i chosed that name as my moniker
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 10, 2016
Remember the bible tell us that I will build my church and the gate of hell shall not prevail over it. it means there is church in the bible.
Also remember the Sabbath to keep it holy and also where two or more people gather together I will be there to answer them.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by IykeWest: 10:29am On Jan 10, 2016
Grendel:

my brother, i know grendel to be a mighty
ancient demons.
i just don't know why i chosed that name
as my moniker
Get back to church u need deliverance asap grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Katakore(m): 10:30am On Jan 10, 2016
But me, I am a muslim, how will I know?
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by AmaechiLinus(m): 10:30am On Jan 10, 2016
this kind question,i never see ur type o...
may GOD help us
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by streetzdreamz(m): 10:31am On Jan 10, 2016
Larryfest:

Bro ur own small cos i cnt even remember d last time i attended a sunday service nt evn wit wat we keeping hearing of pastors bt some pple keep asking me is it d pastor u wnt 2go and worship der?my response to dem is, wen a diabolical or fake pastor put up a gathering den who am i goin der to worship cos obviously d Almighty God cnt be in d gathering.
yea right,when they say don't live your life according to the style of the pastor,if he is immoral just skip that and listen to his words,they are true and modest,say;who ever takes moral lessons from a convict??its hard to push those negativities aside and focus solely on the scriptures,the human mind is a very tricky thing,you end up hating the pastor and his sets of hypocritical congregation,which in turn is a sin on your path, its far better if one skips church and have a peace of mind rather than keep going,with bile and hatred brewing in his thoughts,honestly this set of religious men have given Christianity a bad vibe,now when an atheist talks you find out his points are sane to some extent,cuz you can't actually defend the pastors or worshippers who all they do is backstab the biblical doctrines from the front.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by micca: 10:31am On Jan 10, 2016
streetzdreamz:
its not compulsory,been over a year I last stepped into a church,and I feel no guilt whatsoever, most of the folks there are just hypocritical miserable b*stards who sees church going and Christianity as a religion and a must,nothing deep down just like a societal norm,do anything that makes you have inner peace not what another human says.
Mathew 16-18 on this rock i will build my church, and the of hades shall not prevail against it. The church he build they is 4 human being or animal? Pls stop confused urself and let go church.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Grendel(m): 10:36am On Jan 10, 2016
IykeWest:
Get back to church u need deliverance asap grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin bad guy. i don't go to church for going
sake bro.
i go to church when i feel like and when
my spirit is willing .

back to back things .... grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by streetzdreamz(m): 10:38am On Jan 10, 2016
micca:
Mathew 16-18 on this rock i will build my church, and the of hades shall not prevail against it. The church he build they is 4 human being or animal? Pls stop confused urself and let go church.
hey,don't start with me,if you need Sunday school kids you can lecture about the bible then place an ad,what do you know about the Bible, the church, Christianity as a whole?its all about singing,fasting,giving alms,praying and all dose laid down rules??you the confused being here since a fellow who doesn't attend church services is a cast away to you,howbeit you know nothing of his personal convictions,while a guy who skips no church gatherings is a saint,keep up with your faith and believes,no one gives two hot fudge sundaes about it!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by IykeWest: 10:42am On Jan 10, 2016
Grendel:

grin bad guy. i don't go to church for going
sake bro.
i go to church when i feel like and when
my spirit is willing .

back to back things .... grin
grin

Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by flokii: 10:45am On Jan 10, 2016
go to church on Sundays, pray & worship like say 2morrow no dey...

then go back to ur worldly lifestyle (fornication, adultery etc. etc. ) from Mondays to Saturdays

and it keeps going on and on till Christ comes...

@OP I'm sure you dig
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Grendel(m): 10:47am On Jan 10, 2016
IykeWest:
grin

god day
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by ashmanpolo: 10:48am On Jan 10, 2016
You cannot love God without serving him but you can serve God without loving him. The best way to show God love is to serve him in the church.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by KHAYGOLD(m): 10:48am On Jan 10, 2016
Clakyvip:
Important to observe the sabbath on Saturday...it is a commandment.
You could observe it in many ways, not necessarily going to a gathering. Observing the sabbath day means to keep it clean, to keep it holy, to keep it sin - free et al

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by diva90: 11:03am On Jan 10, 2016
Keep the sabbath day holy aka go to church?
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by enginer050(m): 11:08am On Jan 10, 2016
u ar entitle to ur opinion
d christains no dis bt keep formulating lie
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Godsate: 11:10am On Jan 10, 2016
YES
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by taiwosegun1(m): 11:26am On Jan 10, 2016
DebbyChris:
Yes, Heb 10:25
In your Bible abi?
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 10, 2016
Swaggzkid:
Op the answer is No.

why I say no is because to my understanding the bible didn't say we should be going to church every Sunday, But rather keep the Sabbath day holy.

You worship God in spirit and in truth, so what am tryna say in essence is that, if you stay at home on a Sunday, reading and meditating the word of God. Not just that, but practice and remember what you read vividly.

If you do like I have stated here, guy I bet you will be better than all these church goers . Some people go to church just to be seen in their new starched material by ladies and opposite sex. while some to charge phone. All na curses them dey gather lol.

I hope say my comment made sense.

Its good to go to Church on sUndAys
Addition to the colored.
Some equally go to church so as to fulfill all sunday obligations. *inferiority complex*

If their colleagues ask "did u go to church today"? The won't feel inferior & kindly reply YES
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 10, 2016
How tearful to see so many respondents justifying why attending church is unimportant! If JESUS CHRIST Himself attended service in the temple on a regular basis, who are you in comparison to HIM?

It's apparent that many don't read the Bible. GOD specifically instructed Moses to build a church where HE GOD would regularly meet with them for fellowship. From that time till now, the temple has become a mass meeting point for Christians on a regularly basis according to GOD'S divine purpose (Exodus 25v8).

But the spirit of self-righteousness is playing on the minds of so many who now believe that attending church is worthless. Return, oh lost sheep, return now!

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by jossyphobia(m): 11:34am On Jan 10, 2016
yessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!" thou shall not forsake the congregation of the righteous.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by jossyphobia(m): 11:43am On Jan 10, 2016
yessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!" thou shall not forsake the congregation of the righteous. heb 10:25
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 10, 2016
DebbyChris:
Yes, Heb 10:25

I do say it, this particular verse is the most mistreated verse in the NT. Xtian leaders love to quote this over and over again buh love to ignore the nxt two verses that follows. WHY?!, I think you shld read verse 26 and 27 comprehensively.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 10, 2016
hezy4real01:
It's not compulsory but important....... The Biblical law of Agreement says where two or more are gather in my Name am there with them

This does not answer the question. The family(nuclear) is made up of father, mother and child or children as d case may be. Tell me are dey not more than two?! What if they decide to pray in there house?!
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 10, 2016
missdebs:
another lazy guy on the loose looking for excuse not to go to church, my friend goan bath

And what has going to church done in your life?! Your profile speaks much of dat
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 10, 2016
nnamdibig:
Your beliefs should guide you.

Exactly
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 10, 2016
mifavour:
its not compulsory but its important that you go... but if you're going just to fulfill all righteousness stay back home..

If the world s gonna follow this your guide, we ll sure hav fewer pple attending church
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 10, 2016
Demmocrats:
OP men you one step in entering the atheist crew grin grin grin

So, to yu, anybody who hates going to church is an atheist?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri / Why You Should Avoid Sexual Immoralities On Campus / How Virginity Can Qualify You For Special Favours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.