Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? (23040 Views)

Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning / Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day / Pastor Enters Into Church On A Hoverboard (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by chachanga: 11:59am On Jan 10, 2016
OP, despite the seeming hopelessness of many gatherings that use the moniker of 'church' to really piss off the unsuspecting, the answer is a strong YES! You gotta go to church.

It's neglect is discouraged and some unseen penalties might be attracted thus. (Am sure you don't want that)

see:
Heb 10:25) Some people have gotten out of the habit of meeting for worship, but we must not do that. We should keep on encouraging each other, especially since you know that the day of the Lord's coming is getting closer.

You should go to church
1. To worship and praise God [so, if where you're going, it's become impossible to do that, u might need to reconsider your options]

2. To hear the Word of God [yeah, u need that to grow and be continuously vibrant in the Faith]

3. To fellowship with other believers in the presence of the Lord [you hear testimonies, see dramas, hear song ministrations and they all contribute to building up your faith]
ETC ETC

DON'T GO TO CHURCH TO:

a. Impress anybody [So they can think you're a "good brother"]

b. Please people
If you're going to church, so that one person or the other wouldn't be displeased with you, you're worshiping them; keep church out of it

c. To see the 'ladies' or show-off for the guys
As much as you might be desperate for a god-fearing compatible partner, when you go to church, focus on God!

d. To secure contracts [Like one egbon I knew back in the day. He was always hanging around church, they thought he was sincere but we in his Homezone knew better. And they got the message soon enough when he'd done some real damage on their young "sisters"!]

e. To give out "Prayer Contracts"
[Yeah, you should know this types. Always on the Pastor's neck to pray for them on this, that and that other one. They either always needing "binding and loosing" anointing for the countless "village enemies" chasing them OR they're always needing extra prayers for contracts, jobs, projects they're chasing].

Don't get me wrong. Bible said we should "pray ye one for another". Yet, this folks are always at it like their own faith no fit ever carry anything until they punish the poor pastor to drop some more saliva, ehn? The objective of you having a personal copy of the Bible is so you can grow in the Word of Faith so the purpose is defeated when you're always running to "Prophet" all the time. The Best & Surest Prophecy for your life will always come out your mouth.

There's more....
You should see the ListMakers and other N/L keymakers' threads esp in the Religion Section

3 Likes

Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by anonimi: 12:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
ashmanpolo:
You cannot love God without serving him but you can serve God without loving him. The best way to show God love is to serve him in the church.

Who is this God that can only be served in church
Before you answer please read Paul's sermon to the people of Athens.
Thanks.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
Swaggzkid:
Op the answer is No.

why I say no is because to my understanding the bible didn't say we should be going to church every Sunday, But rather keep the Sabbath day holy.

You worship God in spirit and in truth, so what am tryna say in essence is that, if you stay at home on a Sunday, reading and meditating the word of God. Not just that, but practice and remember what you read vividly.

If you do like I have stated here, guy I bet you will be better than all these church goers . Some people go to church just to be seen in their new starched material by ladies and opposite sex. while some to charge phone. All na curses them dey gather lol.

I hope say my comment made sense.

I tell you!!
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 10, 2016
crackhouse:
No, but it's important just to distance all the small small bad spirits from coming close to you.

Dose small small spirit wey yu dey run for sf plenty for church
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Juliuss01: 12:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
It may not be compulsory to go to church on sundays, but if I may ask, how many days in a week or year is too much to appear before God?, when last did u go to church?, when last did u pray?, when last did u fast?, when last did u read the bible? When last did u go on evangelism?

Hebrew 10: 25. Not forsaking our meeting together [as believers for worship and instruction], as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more [faithfully] as you see the day [of Christ’s return] approaching. AMP.

However, I knw u may ask this question either u r confused or u want to confuse people, but Pls. all, there ar more dan enough truth about God we could talk about instead of discussing a baseless devil's lies.

Consequently, I pray that we shall all know d truth and d truth shall set us free.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
vfactor:
Is anything compulsory in this world??

I tire ooo
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by kodlins(f): 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
The reason we come to Nairaland to ask al these is because we have refused to read the scriptures.

1 the Bible says do not neglect the gathering of believers

2 I'm the days of God's power, men shall be willing.
I know when you have a genuine encounter with God, all this questions will stop.

3 don't practice religion. Seek to know God personally and for your slef

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 10, 2016
Aristotle96:
Op has anybody ever told u its compulsory? Or have u 4gotten ur fundamental human rights

Op hv bn brainwashed, he cnt understand wat fundamental human rights are
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by ipreach: 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2016
Nobody will force you but it is necessary that we associate ourselves with Gods people every sunday to learn from the Word of the LORD.

jesus always have time when he gather the people to hear from Him and receive blessings and healing from Him
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
Addicted2Women:
Tell me the name of a church during the existence of your imaginary Jesus Christ.

Wake up from your sleep.
Religion is a scam

They are asleep as dead
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
DebbyChris:
Yes, Heb 10:25

Was Sunday mentioned for the gathering? It's like comprehension is beyond you.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
Synclare:
Pls beware of those selling data for all networks. Av bn scamed out of my 1500 by similar people. Beware.

Sorry! Dats quite unfortunate
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 10, 2016
anonimi:

Is God, the Omnipresent limited spatially to a place called church

Now, this got me laffin seriously.

Anybody to defend this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by hezy4real01(m): 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
Fine Jack.... What is a the Biblical definition of a Church? Do you agree with me that a church is me and you! Most people take venue, places of gathering to be church, Bro if u and ur family(Church) gather in your house to pray that is where you have choose to worship the Church is You..... God help us
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
joshfire:

When the bible say "remember to keep the sabbath holy" how do u keep it holy if not in a gathering of fellow believers,jesus attended sinagoge eveyr sabbatht as his custom was till his dipature

And what makes you think all church goer are believers?!
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by sunsewa: 12:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
yes important and compulsory to a Christian.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by hezy4real01(m): 12:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
Jadonjack:

This does not answer the question. The family(nuclear) is made up of father, mother and child or children as d case may be. Tell me are dey not more than two?! What if they decide to pray in there house?!
Fine Jack.... What is a the Biblical definition of a Church? Do you agree with me that a church is me and you! Most people take venue, places of gathering to be church, Bro if u and ur family(Church) gather in your house to pray that is where you have choose to worship the Church is You..... God help us
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Geulink: 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
You asked this question because there is no portion in the bible that authorize Sunday as a day of rest and worship. The bible instructed the Sabbath and not Sunday. So worship God on the Sabbath(Saturday) and don't forbid the assembly of the saint as bible instruct.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by UpLoyo: 1:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
Taiyescott:
Are there any biblical references that says Christians should go to church on Sundays?
Is the word "Church" even in the bible?
Am a Christian and don't disregard Christianity, but I just wonder so often about questions like this.

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS.......

It's just January and you're already in the lead for the dumbest question of the year.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Mackson01: 1:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
As An olosho goes to club. So a Christian must go to the Church. Forsake not the assembly of one another.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Taiyescott(m): 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
WOAH, didn't even know I made front page!!! Congrats to me
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by gentlegenius(m): 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
ladyF:
Considering all God has done for you, devoting one day a week is not too much to ask
It's ladyF again...
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by mifavour(f): 2:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
Jadonjack:

If the world s gonna follow this your guide, we ll sure hav fewer pple attending church

is it not better than having a bunch of church goers..and hypocrites..
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by firstking01(m): 2:06pm On Jan 10, 2016
Taiyescott:
Are there any biblical references that says Christians should go to church on Sundays?
Is the word "Church" even in the bible?
Am a Christian and don't disregard Christianity, but I just wonder so often about questions like this.

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS.......
u no sabi anythiing, infact, ur nt a christian....smh...have u read the epistle of john the baptist in revelation abt the angel and the church of christ....hope u knw ur heading to hell with dis ur mindset
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by SpencerLewis(m): 2:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
Clakyvip:
Important to observe the sabbath on Saturday...it is a commandment.
That commandment was made to the Jews. Thank the most high i'm not a Jew.
To me as a Christian, the old testament shd be abolished.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by SpencerLewis(m): 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2016
BE811APP:
no is not compulsory..

you could be in church and ur mind is not there..

going to church doesnt take u to heaven..

your heart is all what matters...

but going to church and attending other church activities...
sharpens ur horizon onhow to make heaven...

hope dis helps

Common, stop this ur Jewish fairytale known as going to Heaven or hell fire. It doesn't suit u @all.
All these una imaginary heaven or hell reminds me of the longitude and latitude, Greenwich meridian and equator lines. All have one thing in common=IMAGINARY LINES.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
If u think religion is a scam then keep it to urself... its important we gather together with other believers and share God's words
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Dondav(m): 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
The last time i attended my church was last year... I believe once or twice last year, but i can assure anybody that i'm very close to God Almighty..... And he has never disappointed me. cool
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by djeasy(m): 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
ITS NOT COMPULSORY.... BUT ITS NECESSARY....
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by CandyBar: 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
Where is it written in the bible that you should eat 3 times a day? Or use the loo??

If you tend to the needs of your physical body.......you should tend to the needs of your spiritual......

There is something called Collective power.....that can only be harnessed when christians come together.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Wangxiao(m): 2:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
lol

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by gungab(m): 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
we are the church

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri / Why You Should Avoid Sexual Immoralities On Campus / How Virginity Can Qualify You For Special Favours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.