Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power (3772 Views)

Switzerland Gives Nigeria Conditions For Returning $321m Abacha Loot / Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! / $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by Eziachi: 4:44pm On Jun 18, 2009
And now they will improve the supply of darkness!
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by loyeruope: 5:06pm On Jun 18, 2009
As soon as I came across the phrase "diesel-powered locomotives" I thought Otedola! The whole thing is just to make some people richer that's all angry
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by Okwyjesus(m): 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2009
Yar Adua promised us power but we are yet to see that, world bank has made his work easier.
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by Martass: 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2009
So omo Nigeria with all his oil and giant of Africa big mouth goes aborrowing like any other inferior African country?
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by courage89(m): 6:39pm On Jun 18, 2009
Which way Nigeria, which we go. I love my father land, but they keep squandering all of our resources. They spent about $16 Billion dollars on fixing the power crisis, till today we have nothing to show for it. They procured billions of dollars worth of equipment (turbines and so), and all to be left rotten at the port in the name of due process, no proper planning and mismanagement. Billions of money paid was also paid for cancellation and termination of contracts in the name of carrying out proper analysis and planning.

Now that we have this funds ($600 million credit), are we following due process like we ought to have done in the first place? Are we embarking on proper planning and adequate analysis to ensure successful completion of power plant that the funds is meant for? Are these projects going to be contracted to competent companies to ensure and guarantee successful completion of these projects?

Ohhh hell . God Help Nigeria
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by PurestBoy(m): 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2009
Nigeria and their stealing style in the name of borrowing, the money never gets to Nigeria, from Swiss bank to another Swiss account. Lord have mercy
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by Martass: 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2009
If Nigeria could not use 16 billion to fix this power problem how can they use $600m to fix it?

If Nigerians cannot fix this problem themselves lets bring in external experts to help us, looks like this problem is way over our heads.
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 18, 2009
Topic

what an addition to the looters pocket.

Hope this Electricty dreams in Nigeria can be achieved in the next generation.
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by royalicon(m): 8:07pm On Jun 18, 2009
Political Campain and preparations for 2011 starts Jan 2010, here comes the money.
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by petres007(m): 8:52pm On Jun 18, 2009
I think the world bank just handed our folks something to loot! Cos it seems thats the only thing they're good at. grin grin grin grin
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by bawomolo(m): 8:52pm On Jun 18, 2009
are you guys against loans or how the loans are used?

those are two different argument.

the foreign reserves can't solve nigeria's alone.
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by RichyBlacK(m): 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2009
Colossal waste!

The kleptomaniacs in Abuja will just sit down like hungry scavengers, divide the money and take their share. Useless government!
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by naijaking1: 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2009
Oya, begin divide-am-o!
But wait, which formula we go use now
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by frag(m): 10:58pm On Jun 18, 2009
naijaking1:

Oya, begin divide-am-o!
1:3:3
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by naijaking1: 1:37am On Jun 19, 2009
frag:

1:3:3
Please explain
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by mamagee3(f): 1:50am On Jun 19, 2009
A big joke, like the greedy leaders will use the money for the Electricity undecided
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by oyinda3(f): 3:01am On Jun 19, 2009
mama-gee:

A big joke, like the greedy leaders will use the money for the Electricity undecided

sigh undecided nigeria is doomed for sure embarassed
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by utotomi7(m): 6:59am On Jun 19, 2009
The 600 million will not be used for power. It will be used for the politicians personal expenses! grin grin
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by richjohn1(m): 7:28am On Jun 19, 2009
This oyinbo people really hate us O, dey dont even want us to be free. They handed power to the abokis those ones wants to die with the power now now after freeing our self from debt they want to put us into it again, ABEG WE NEED A REVOLUTION THESE ABOKI PEOPLE CANT CONTINUE TO RUIN US we are worth more than these angry

Bleep the FG I hate them
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by ban1(m): 8:43am On Jun 19, 2009
can we be optimistic 4 once? At least we are sure of N500 each to vote PDP again come 2011. God punish them all. Cant we protect the interest of the next generation? If nigerian undergraduates can show their concern by making a march to the aso rock like once done in 2000 by the polytechnics.
I hope it's peaceful not to turn out to be like tianamene of 1989 in China. Nigerians deserve more than this. 60% of this credit will be shared among less than 20 PDP members. I dont want to remain in europe forever strugling to help oyinbo develop their country.
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by JustGood(m): 8:59am On Jun 19, 2009
cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by kshow1(m): 10:03am On Jun 19, 2009
sowura:

it is true that God comes first in everything, but Nigerians should stop calling God with every little excuse they get, the simple truth is that God has already told us that stand up and i will help you. God will never come down to help us that is why he has given us eyes to see bad governmnet, ears to hear, mouth to talk, and brain to think. this in addition to other parts of the body that he bestowed on us free of charge and we still want God to come and help us. we will contimue to get the government that we deserve.

True talk my brother. We may not move forward because everybody in Nigeria is waiting for God to come down and solve our problem.
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by naso2(m): 10:58am On Jun 19, 2009
IBB,ABACHA, ABDULSALAMI and now "hearer-doer". IS BORROWING A STRATEGIC MEANS TO AREWA'S VISION 2020?
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by Fhemmmy: 1:17pm On Jun 19, 2009
You mean, they gave the men in power another 600M$ to share?
nonsense leaders
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by Danoe(m): 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2009
Lack of adequate man power and know how will lead the funds to drains!

I will propose to the Minister of Power to access the Caliber of man- power and know how in this sector.
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by TheSeeker(m): 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2009
ban1:

can we be optimistic 4 once? At least we are sure of N500 each to vote PDP again come 2011. God punish them all. Cant we protect the interest of the next generation? If nigerian undergraduates can show their concern by making a march to the aso rock like once done in 2000 by the polytechnics.
I hope it's peaceful not to turn out to be like tianamene of 1989 in China. Nigerians deserve more than this. 60% of this credit will be shared among less than 20 PDP members. I dont want to remain in europe forever strugling to help oyinbo develop their country.

No one will march even if it comes to that, I won't. The world has turned its back on Nigeria and whatever happens to the youth by virtue of the government is no one's business. Yaradua is an anarchist but people have not seem to understand that. Any march to Aso Rock and the youths die by bullets and what is anyone going to do about it? Nothing. Yaradua, in the first place doesn't have the charisma to be a President and I wonder why he was chosen but it's a shame that we will continue like this until 2015. Nigerians are stuck in Europe and who ever wants to come back to a country where nothing but financial scandals is guaranteed.
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by TheSeeker(m): 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2009
Fhemmmy:

You mean, they gave the men in power another 600M$ to share?
nonsense leaders

Yes unless you can recall any funds that have been judiciously spent, ever, by the Nigerian government. I feel so ashamed of our leaders. They bring so much stains and embarrassment on our persons.
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by TheSeeker(m): 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2009
naijaking1:

Oya, begin divide-am-o!

Federal executives 3 : Federal legislators 3 : State(Executive&Legislators) 2 : Judiciary : 1 But I think the judiciary is needed more during the elections so their cut will be minimal.
bawomolo:

are you guys against loans or how the loans are used?

those are two different argument.

the foreign reserves can't solve nigeria's alone.  

Only if we have foreign reserves at all
brein:

Topic

what an addition to the looters pocket.

Hope this Electricty dreams in Nigeria can be achieved in the next generation.

What ever happened to the power scandals that EFCC has been up and arresting every legislators over?
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by AmAlone: 6:40pm On Jun 19, 2009
the country can rut in hell for all I care!
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by bawomolo(m): 6:44pm On Jun 19, 2009
pessimism galore
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by oyinda3(f): 7:21pm On Jun 19, 2009
bawomolo:

pessimism galore

because there is very little reason to be optimistic and it's such a shame.
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by Builder: 8:32pm On Jun 19, 2009
Can someone honestly tell me how i can be in government. thats where the richness is these days

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yahoo Plus: The New Face Of 419 / . / Islamization Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.