Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,739 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power (3771 Views)

Switzerland Gives Nigeria Conditions For Returning $321m Abacha Loot / Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! / $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by chidichris(m): 10:10am On Jun 20, 2009
i support the idea of collecting the money even more but i don't want us to start any project with bcs we will not finish them.
obj started many projects but finished non and i know there will not be any difference.
MY CANDID SUGGESTION IS THIS;
Mr. president sir,
i am suggesting that the funds in question be shared among us nigerians so that everybody will use his or her share to solve personal problems.
it is obvious that our power sector is doomed and deserve no more investments as obj did enough to give us light.
we are used to darkness and as such the idea of electricity will not match with our upbringing.
might u overlook my request/suggestion to continue investing in that sector, i will believe that u want to start another obj drama hence designing a way to steal legally.
i have so far conclded arrangements on what to do with my share of the money and any form of disappointment in giving me the money will be abuse of right which ur govt is against in her pursuit of rule of law.
i humbly and sincerely even heartedly thank you in anticipation of ur cordial and positive/urgent consideration to my request which will surely meet the minds of an average nigerian.
long live federal republic of nigeria! long live chidichris!! long live musa yar adua!!!
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by ilosiwaju: 3:42pm On Jun 20, 2009
power ko, power horse ni.
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by PurestBoy(m): 11:34pm On Jun 20, 2009
ilosiwaju:

power ko, power horse ni.

Power horse ko, red bull ni
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by darmilorla(f): 3:25am On Jun 22, 2009
lmao @comments, u guys are so funny, una no go kill mi o, heheheheheheh
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by Nezan(m): 2:58pm On Jun 24, 2009
sabaestate:

They should stop deceiving us.

why can't they use the money
for something else for God sake.

or they should come out boldly
and say the money was just given
for them to share at once for us
to know.im in blackout for every second.

www./oilsector

Na aid abi na loan? because na share dem go share de money
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by rodler(m): 5:33pm On Jun 25, 2009
grin I just hope they will used the money for the intended purpose rather than squander it.
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2009
The World Bank approved over 200 million for FADAMA III ( Not sure if I and II even worked considering the scale ). If you want to get an idea of how things might go, check out the project site for details on how that one is going.

http://web.worldbank.org/external/projects/main?pagePK=64283627&piPK=73230&theSitePK=40941&menuPK=228424&Projectid=P096572
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by mooyguy(m): 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2009
Lets pray that they spend the money wisely.
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by mafolayomi(f): 6:05pm On Jun 26, 2009
neither be a borrower, nor a lender, cos he who goes aborrowing goes asorrowing smiley smiley smiley
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by Tudor6(f): 6:35pm On Jun 26, 2009
When will the world bank learn WE DON'T WANT THEIR MONEY! angry
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by generalzango(m): 7:32pm On Jun 26, 2009
Hmmm! I know the contractors will end up in EFCC's net.
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by MrCartha: 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2009
To whose account was the money paid into?!
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by tarano: 8:20pm On Dec 03, 2009
Mobilization Fee nka $100m GBAM

I enjoy this you might also like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a73wSaXE3VM

Tunji Oyelana & His Benders - I Love My Country / Chairman
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by Igbanibo: 12:06am On Dec 04, 2009
Dem go chop am O! angry
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by jamace(m): 4:10am On Dec 04, 2009
Make dem share de money for all Nairalanders to get solar power. That will help us get constant power to enable us contribute more to Nairaland. Oga Seun, do something fast before the money go develop wings o. cheesy cheesy
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by Fhemmmy: 4:24am On Dec 04, 2009
Almost a year after the money has been given and yet nothing to show for it. . . . .sad.
Re: World Bank Gives Nigeria $600m For Power by Cholls(m): 11:40pm On Apr 08, 2022
cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Firms To Own Small Power Plants / Okupe: 70% Of Boko-Haram's Threats Aborted / Breaking News: APC Rejects Osun Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.