Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,090 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience (11657 Views)

Marian Adejokun Suffers Allergic Eyedrop Reaction (Graphic Photos) / Please! Help With Rashes On My Face Caused By Drug Reaction / Drug Reaction Is Tearing My "LUCIFER" Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by alaura: 10:08am On Jun 18, 2009
Mine was very bad it landed me in the hospital.i was admitted for three days on drip.i took Fansidar and the next day my face was swollen,it affected my throat,then the fever grew worse, i thot it would go the next day but it grew worse ,i could not walk well it affected my joints  i was in serious pains.the doctor said i was lucky that it did not affect my liver,and paralyse me .sori i forgot to add i was vomittin moco when my swollen face came down it started to pill like scales,my legs, hands, my legs would form something like a bubble the burst and peel.those parts of my body that peeled became darker, it was a terrible experince.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by dominique(f): 1:52pm On Jun 18, 2009
damn!!! thats some bad reaction there shocked shocked shocked. . . its either you took some fake fansidar or you self medicated on what you thought was malaria and it got worse. you're lucky it diddnt cause a long term damage.

i cant really say i got adverse reaction to drugs but there was a time when i got a bit too dependent on some pills. i wasnt sleeping well and completely lost my appetite, and i decided to use multivitamin supplements. it worked alright, but as soon as completed my dosage, i was back to square one, cant eat cant sleep.i was like; am i supposed to be on multivitamin supplements for the rest of my life . my mum suggested cod liver oil tongue i just decided to stop using any meds altoghter. i eat better now, and i try and get as much sleep as possible.
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by ziga: 2:39pm On Jun 18, 2009
dominique:

damn!!! thats some bad reaction there shocked shocked shocked. . . its either you took some fake fansidar or you self medicated on what you thought was malaria and it got worse. you're lucky it diddnt cause a long term damage.

i cant really say i got adverse reaction to drugs but there was a time when i got a bit too dependent on some pills. i wasnt sleeping well and completely lost my appetite, and i decided to use multivitamin supplements. it worked alright, but as soon as completed my dosage, i was back to square one, cant eat cant sleep.i was like; am i supposed to be on multivitamin supplements for the rest of my life . my mum suggested cod liver oil tongue i just decided to stop using any meds altoghter. i eat better now, and i try and get as much sleep as possible.

All drugs are capable of causing adverse reactions and fansidar and some other drugs in its class (sulfonamides) are some of the usual culprits.

@post
Never had a bad reaction. don't take pills if i don't have to, coz some drug reactions, even when recognized early can be fatal.

Make una dey fear drugs oooo!
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by benheart(f): 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2009
I took alabukun powder, i started having pains in my lower abdomen and started bleeding, i decided to go for checkup in the hospital but wen i was ask to pul my clothe up for checkup, i felt urinating on my way to the loo, i slumped, i was in the hospital for weeks, and the pain was just too serious that i would have to be help to pee.
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by chukz4real(m): 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2009
benheart:

I took alabukun powder, i started having pains in my lower abdomen and started bleeding, i decided to go for checkup in the hospital but wen i was ask to pul my clothe up for checkup, i felt urinating on my way to the loo, i slumped, i was in the hospital for weeks, and the pain was just too serious that i would have to be help to pee.

How true is your experience? Sounds much like nollywood movie shocked
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by showbobo(m): 3:08pm On Jun 18, 2009
chukz4real:

How true is your experience? Sounds much like nollywood movie shocked
Can you beat that Moronic pervert angry angry
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by chukz4real(m): 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2009
showbobo:

Can you beat that Moronic pervert angry angry

Hey man, may I know who that one is for?
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by itumama: 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2009
I avent but i think adverse drug will definetly cause havoc to the body system.
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by bigrovar(m): 3:47pm On Jun 18, 2009
God i hate anything qine , i cant never forget how much itching i got from drug which are brands of choloroqine , while growing up
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by bikokwe(m): 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2009
all drugs are poison,only dose makes the difference.by paracelsus
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by PaKen: 4:00pm On Jun 18, 2009
As a pharmacist and a clinical research associate in the house, let me briefly throw more light in simple language on this issue of adverse drug reaction (ADR). Any drug (no matter how trivial it's pharmacological property ie Vitamin C- ascorbic acid ) has a tendency to cause ADR and varies as regards to onset and degree of the ADR largely to age, sex, race, social habit and genetic make-up of the individual taking the drug and on dose and chemical composition (active ingredient and excipients) of the medicament itself. @ Poster; Fansidar is a conventional antimalarial drug containing the API's Sulphadoxine and Pyrimethamine; u must be sensitive to suphur containing drugs, hence let ur pharmacist/doctor know the next time u are down with malaria (hope not soon) @benheart, ur symptoms are rather strange with alabukun which contains acetylsalicylic acid same API as aspirin tab- urs should be an idiosyncratic caseand i advise u report to the pharmacovigilance unit of NAFDAC. The drug could be possibly expired and relabelled or could contain something else but labelled Alabukun. Lastly, combining your medication with alcohol/smokin and again certain foods can trigger the incidence of ADR (ie ingesting a catecholamine with cheese). Always inform your pharmacist of the kind of food u eat and ur lifestyle and any family history of ADR (like itching with quinine-like drugs). One luv Nairalanders
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by valmarangs(m): 4:22pm On Jun 18, 2009
I had a bad experience from adverse drug reaction, it started when i went to see my doctor to check me, he prescribed some malaria drugs which i took to the nurse. After completing the dosage of the drugs he gave me, i started feeling a hot sensational around my private part, initially i tot it was a balm that got to my private part. After two  days, i went back to see my doctor, cus the sickness persisted, the lab. techlonogist collected my blood sample  for different analysis, when the result came out, it showed malaria and high typhoid fever. anoda set of drugs was administered to me including that same malaria medicine. This time around the inching the became severe, i had to see anoda doctor who revealed to me that the malaria drug prescribed contains sulphonamides that i should stop it and gave me some drugs.It didn't stop there, all my boxers condenmed cus i was applying GV to my penis, the following day, i had blissters all over my penis, later on the surface of my penis pilled. I couldn't wear my boxers, walking was one hell of a thing to do, the worst was whenever my penis erect, especially very early in the morning, the exposed surface will expand. it lasted for more than one week. It was a horible experience.
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by shoboy9: 4:31pm On Jun 18, 2009
I had a friend who reacted to septrin. Was very bad. Itching all over with some part of skin getting dark but no much blisters. lasted about 5 days. It started at a younger age when taking some antimalarials but progress to septrin.
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by loyeruope: 5:40pm On Jun 18, 2009
If I have to choose between poison and septrin, I will gladly choose the poison! I have had two very fatal cases of septrin reaction and the doctor warned that I should be extremely careful. He just stopped short of saying the next time, it will be instant death.
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by kadman(m): 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2009
I'm asthmatic and one time I had a cold so I took a dose of Pro-Cold in the afternoon,by night I had series of asthma attacks,and my inhaler was not controlling it,this was the first time it happened. I thought I would die, and I live alone. Anyway my neighbours got me to the hospital and the doctor said he didn't know what happened, I was admitted for 2 days.
I had no idea it was the pro cold till the same thing happened a few months later.
I'm glad to see NAFDAC has banned Pro cold last year,now when I have a cold I use menthol balm and wait it out. . . NO DRUGS
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by dominique(f): 7:36pm On Jun 18, 2009
shoboy9:

I had a friend who reacted to septrin. Was very bad. Itching all over with some part of skin getting dark but no much blisters. lasted about 5 days. It started at a younger age when taking some antimalarials but progress to septrin.

ah septrin. . . thanks for reminding about that shit. i took it some time in 07 when i had the flu and it was part of what the doc recommended,  i got it from the hospital pharmacy, so there was no question if it was safe or not. anyways, it got stuck to my throat and i threw up violently, it was so awful that i even saw some remains of what i had the previous day. . .i honestly thought i was going to pass out (i think i did cos i blanked out for a while) . till this day, i dread that drug like a plague, i cant even recommend it for my enemy.
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by Grizzly(m): 7:47pm On Jun 18, 2009
Boy! There was a time i suffered malaria, and i took a drug called WAIPA. its in a yellow pack
I normally take Artesunate, but i tot artesunate didnt work well for me so i asked for a "stronger" malaria drug and i was given WAIPA!
15mins After taking the first four, my body started to itch (the idiot chemist didnt tell me about the itching) and then my face started to swell!! I scratched my face to pieces. My face swole to nearly 4times the normal size and i was afraid to sleep lest i dont wake up again. Na God save me dat day, i for die throway like rat.
NOTE: If any "quin" itches you, DONT take WAIPA
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by dominique(f): 8:12pm On Jun 18, 2009
WAIPA. . .noted grin
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by Phony200(m): 9:49pm On Jun 18, 2009
Analgin causes my eyes to swell instantly on ingestion. I took the injection and blacked out.
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by agabaI23(m): 11:17pm On Jun 18, 2009
WAIPA? you can also take APAIWA. grin grin

I won't forget what resochin did to me though I was around 6 years old. I still remember like it was yesterday.

Resochin is a brand of Chloroquin. The itching that is on the groin is the worst nightmare. gush! I have never taken any CQ tablets since then.
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by Grizzly(m): 11:22pm On Jun 18, 2009
The worst part is that the WAIPA is more expensive than the artesunate. In fact its the costliest malaria drug i've bought.
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by davidif: 11:29pm On Jun 18, 2009
chloroquine made me itch a lot.
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by informat09(m): 11:46pm On Jun 18, 2009
mine was fansidar, wonder why they make the drug in the first place. after taking that i vowed never to take drugs anymore ,and i decided to go for herbal alternatives like aloe vera and stuff
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by lalaboi(m): 1:06am On Jun 19, 2009
Mehn. . .everything with chloroquine. . . .I will kill you if you give me one of those. . . .
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by mrsb(f): 1:24am On Jun 19, 2009
Depo-Provera - contraceptive injection. Lades, please avoid it with your life. It turned me psycho (ok, more-psycho than normal). I have never experienced such rage and volatility in my life. Could have happily stabbed my husband. Oh yeah, and zero sex drive - worst 3 months of my life (even worse for Oga) undecided
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by puskin: 2:53am On Jun 19, 2009
Hw i detest drugs. Mine was wit Amalar. This was my 1st time using this drug 4treating malaria. The nxt day, my face was swollen, my eyez were itching me nd my teeth were paining, no killing me seriously. I took Panadol, hoping my condition wud improve, it didn't. D following day, my friend took me 2d hospital whr tests were carried out. D doctor told me my body was reacting violently 2d Amalar. Wat i needed nw was enuff rest nd relaxation 2get beta. Dat d malaria i was treating myself for was even negligible in my bloodstream. Dat my antibodies cud hv easily dealt wit it. He (doctor) nw went ahead 2pescribe drugs nd injectìons 4me. IMAGINE. Afta telling me earlier dat wit enuff rest i wud b okay. I look'd @myself in d mirror nd saw i was getting beta. I then told d Dr. dat i can't take his prescription, dat i wud go home nd rest 4 2dayz nd if there's no further improvement in my health, i wud cum 4d prescription. Afta 3dayz, my health was back 2normal so there was no need of me c-ing d Dr. again.
Since then, no more Amalar 4me.
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 19, 2009

i had a cough. i took an antin=biotic( i've forgotten the name) the next morning i woke up with a swollen face. my eyes were almost swollen shut.

i remember looking at the packet and wondering why it was wellcome and not glaxo wellcome on it. (should have done more than wonder)

some months later, i saw the nafdac warning in the papers about fake versions of that drug.
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by naso2(m): 10:48am On Jun 19, 2009
Mine has to do with sulfonamides (fansidar ,metakelfin) and very embarrassing. whenever i take any of dem i go get rash for the cap of my captain
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by JisolaMar(f): 10:56am On Jun 19, 2009
Grizzly:

My face swole to nearly 4times the normal size and[b] i was afraid to sleep lest i dont wake up again[/b]. Na God save me dat day, i for die throway like rat.

so didnt evn sleep at all?
lol. grin grin grin cant help laughing.pele in arrears!!!!!!!
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by benheart(f): 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2009
@chuzwa or watever is ur name, everyone is sharin his or her experience about drug here, so u don have any right to question my own, i dont know u and u dont know me so why are so interested in my story, nollywood co, bollywood need, have u take alabukun and bitterlemon before, why not try it and see the reaction dont eat take it in the morning and see how it will react in ur body. mr. script producer
Re: Post Your Adverse Drug Reaction Experience by benheart(f): 1:36pm On Jun 19, 2009
@showbobo or wat ever u call urself do u know u are a big fool?who are u calling a pervent, i pity you, why not post ur own and leave others people experience alone, lunatic like you, you better watch your back, look at who is calling someone name. IDIOT

kiss my ass(go hang urself). grin smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers / Coronavirus: Osagie Enahire Commends Lagos State Government / What Is Ruzu Black For Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.