Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,965 members, 7,855,913 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 11:20 AM

Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Fr. Mbaka - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Fr. Mbaka (1007 Views)

Fr. Mbaka Moving To His New Parish Yesterday - Photos / Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Mbaka / Man Who Donated His Hotel Building To Catholic Church, Turns Keke Napep Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Fr. Mbaka by iliyande(m): 6:40am On Jan 11, 2016
INDICATIONS have emerged that fiery priest and Director of Adoration Ministry, Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka may be transferred out of his station, Christ the King Parish in GRA, Enugu State.

The speculated transfer of Mbaka by Enugu Catholic Diocese is coming against the backdrop of his recent prophecies especially in the politics of Nigeria where he predicted the defeat of former president Goodluck Jonathan at the polls.

Reliable sources told Dai­ly Sun that the decision to remove Mbaka was sched­uled to affect other priests in an attempt to make it look like a routine church affair.

Another source, how­ever, confirmed that the church is afraid of the possi­ble reaction of his followers and the adoration faithful, who make up more than 80 per cent of the population of Enugu Catholic Diocese.

Mbaka was criticised extensively by the clergies in the South East when he backed President Muham­madu Buhari to beat Jona­than in the March 28, 2015 elections.

In his New Year message, Mbaka lambasted those who labeled him a false prophet and demanded to know who is the false prophet.

Speaking on the issue, Director of Social Com­munications of the Diocese, Rev. Fr. Joseph Offor noted that the Diocese embarks on postings of priests every six years.

Offor, who spoke to Dai­ly Sun on phone, explained that there would be general posting and re-posting of priests this year.

“Yes, the postings will be announced this week. The bishop decides who should be posted where; it has nothing to do with a particular individual. It is a routine practice which is done every six years.”

Also reacting, Mr. Val Nnadozie, a politician and adoration faithful said: “For me, I think it’s just a rumour which is making the rounds. And it is my view that the bishop has the right to trans­fer any priest.

“However, it won’t be right if such a transfer is done with malice or as a pu­nitive measure for holding an opinion on an issue.”

Our source revealed that the transfer, which is due to be announced this week, may see Mbaka being post­ed to the adoration ground, Emene, which is not yet a parish.

He claimed his predic­tion was based on prophetic revelations, saying he was compelled by divine intu­ition and unsavoury socio-economic incidents in the country to voice out his concern.

Delivering a sermon titled “From good luck to bad luck” during the cross­over night Adoration mass to usher in the New Year, the radical priest said he and millions of other Nige­rians were disappointed by Jonathan’s administration, arguing that it had failed to rescue the Chibok girls kidnapped by Boko Haram terrorists in April 2014.

Interestingly, Fr. Mbaka had earlier anointed former President Goodluck Jona­than’s wife, Dame Patience Jonathan, as the next First Lady of Nigeria.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/catholic-church-plans-to-transfer-fr-mbaka/

Re: Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Fr. Mbaka by HungerBAD: 6:44am On Jan 11, 2016
He should be posted to Lagos.

About time a real man of God resides in Lagos, and not all these Private Jet Men Of God, one resides in Ota, or those that have taken half of Ogun State between Lagos/Ibadan.

Or those that says Mastubation is okay.

Or is it the one that claimed that the sound of a plane fell his Church in Ikotun?

The Catholic should post him to St Agnes Maryland or St Leo Ikeja ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Fr. Mbaka by Easy023(m): 6:47am On Jan 11, 2016
"(Speaking on the issue, Director of Social Communications of the Diocese, Rev. Fr. Joseph Offor noted that the Diocese embarks on postings of priests every six years)" it is normal in cathloic church to transfer a priest, so why is a big deal here
Re: Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Fr. Mbaka by xMrPx(m): 6:47am On Jan 11, 2016
If that is applicable in catholic church, I don't see father Mbaka's case different' .. even the pop was once transferred from his aboard
Re: Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Fr. Mbaka by managermahmud: 6:47am On Jan 11, 2016
This is one of the sincere pastors in Nigeria, If not the most sincere
Re: Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Fr. Mbaka by managermahmud: 6:48am On Jan 11, 2016
There's definitely a politics play in his anticipated transfer
Re: Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Fr. Mbaka by Amiano(m): 7:00am On Jan 11, 2016
Dis has been d way of catholic church, transfering of priests is nt a new thing, so y mak a fuse if mbaka is transferred?
Re: Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Fr. Mbaka by KELVINXY: 7:06am On Jan 11, 2016
Amiano:
Dis has been d way of catholic church, transfering of priests is nt a new thing, so y mak a fuse if mbaka is transferred?

thanks jare
Nigerians and it's media has form the habit of making something out of nothing undecided

These has nothing to do with his prophecies or anything political
it's just the way things work in catholic order

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Fr. Mbaka by kevoh(m): 7:18am On Jan 11, 2016
Actually, the Catholic church in Nigeria does the transfer thing regularly. No prejudice here. Sometimes if the Priest (Rev.Father) has been really instrumental in the rapid growth of a Parish, they can take him to a remote part(village) to replicate same success. So do not come out with your propangada stories when you hear Mbaka has been shipped to one village in the Forest, away from any Nigerian capital city. grin
Re: Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Fr. Mbaka by plaetton: 7:36am On Jan 11, 2016
HungerBAD:
He should be posted to Lagos.

About time a real man of God resides in Lagos, and not all these Private Jet Men Of God, one resides in Ota, or those that have taken half of Ogun State between Lagos/Ibadan.

Or those that says Mastubation is okay.

Or is it the one that claimed that the sound of a plane fell his Church in Ikotun?

The Catholic should post him to St Agnes Maryland or St Leo Ikeja ASAP.

Certainly not St. Leo.
St. Leo is too lofty , and should not be dumping heap for pimps and Clowns like Mbaka.

That clown is an I'll wind that would blow no good wherever he goes.

Why don't they consider defrocking him ?

I guess they are afraid of his huge follower-sheep. His sheeple might defect to Pentecostal churches.

Silly nation, silly Tokumbo religions.

Import your secondhand cars, import your secondhand clothes and appliances, import your toothpicks, import you used and discarded religion.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Fr. Mbaka by johnydon22(m): 8:23am On Jan 11, 2016
hahahahahaha it is not transfer..
He is about moving to his new permanent site...
Re: Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Fr. Mbaka by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 11, 2016
plaetton:

Certainly not St. Leo.
St. Leo is too lofty , and should not be dumping heap for pimps and Clowns like Mbaka.

That clown is an I'll wind that would blow no good wherever he goes.

Why don't they consider defrocking him ?

I guess they are afraid of his huge follower-sheep. His sheeple might defect to Pentecostal churches.

Silly nation, silly Tokumbo religions.

Import your secondhand cars, import your secondhand clothes and appliances, import your toothpicks, import you used and discarded religion.
I disagree with you most of the time . On this topic? I dont know. First I am not a Nigerian but I'm a devout African Catholic and I love the Nigerians. This father Mbaka I don't know but I know he is very popular among Nigerian Catholics. Sory my brothers but I think we need to critique our clergy including the Pope himself. Father Mbaka to me behaves like a Pentecostal pastor, I hate to agree with Plaetton. He is nothing like say St Padre Pio, St Thomas Aquinas, St Alphonsus Ligouri, St Francis Xavier, St Ignatius Loyola, St Damien and other Catholic priests. He is more to me like Oyedepo and its appaling. I hope I'm wrong but if I'm right then he needs to be defrocked. Sorry guys but Nigerian Catholics please correct me.

(1) (Reply)

Are Muslim & Christianity Violent Religion? Read History / Mystery As Statue Of Virgin Mary 'cries Blood (photos) / Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.