Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened (67734 Views)

This Is What I Wore To Interview Today. / When There's No Job And You Are Ready To Accept Any Salary / Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
Nkemp:
Truth is: I think you very confortable being unemployed. D saying goes that. When you in Rome act like a roman. In d career world. There's a professional look to every occupation. If I was an employer, I won't employ you. Am sure you very stuborn and always refusing to heed to advice and instruction. Thank God we in the Era of change, so please change.
You're very right
She needs to be a good listener and above all learn how to obey. Obedient is a key to a lot of things. The word change is very important... Good advice...

2 Likes

Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by Shokoloko(f): 7:25pm On Jan 11, 2016
Funny, i wore my natural hair to work today. Mixed reactions all the way. The guys didnt mind or didnt notice. The older women were like " you forgot to make ur hair" and the younger ladies said "way to go, babe!"
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by ColeworldMD(m): 7:27pm On Jan 11, 2016
destino24:
Corruption everywhere cry even peanut butter (ose Orji) people don dey put plenty breeze inside the small lylon
Buhari maka why kwanu??
come Ogini Please leave our Buhari alone, iwatago

Abeg o, I'm just practicing my ibo. grin
Ken Keneme wink
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by AmakaDNB(f): 7:43pm On Jan 11, 2016
Lolssss
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by shockwave(m): 7:46pm On Jan 11, 2016
This Naijasingle girl ehn....nawa to you o! So na ajankolokolo you carry for head dey find work abi! Continew!

1 Like

Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by destino24(m): 8:00pm On Jan 11, 2016
ColeworldMD:
come Ogini Please leave our Buhari alone, iwatago

Abeg o, I'm just practicing my ibo. grin
Ken Keneme wink

Lol, jisi ike
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by Greatkessy(f): 8:41pm On Jan 11, 2016
your story kept my eye glued to my screen. I love your sense of humour. Nice write up girl.
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by ColeworldMD(m): 8:45pm On Jan 11, 2016
destino24:

Lol, jisi ike
translate biko undecided
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by yjgm(m): 8:50pm On Jan 11, 2016
What manner of arrogance!
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by destino24(m): 9:03pm On Jan 11, 2016
ColeworldMD:
translate biko undecided

Well-done, more grease to your elbow
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by pamcode(m): 9:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
Nice write up
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by ColeworldMD(m): 9:24pm On Jan 11, 2016
destino24:

Well-done, more grease to your elbow
thank u, jisi Ike.. odi good translation grin
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by destino24(m): 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2016
ColeworldMD:
thank u, jisi Ike.. odi good translation grin
grin

1 Like

Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by Nkemp(m): 10:14pm On Jan 11, 2016
naturaldora:

You're very right
She needs to be a good listener and above all learn how to obey. Obedient is a key to a lot of things. The word change is very important... Good advice...

Thanks mate... for seeing my point of view. Am not criticising her hair, but some dumb bleeps here think dis is a forum to flex their grammatical muscle.. wagging their tongue on being black African and rocking their curls. Please what wrong with combing ur hair properly.
To them advocate of Africa heritage. Please I advice u to go full African cuz d clothes you put on was introduced by d western world. Don't stop with keeping ur hair unkept. I suggest u go back to the era of being naked... or half dressed as it is done in old times. Stupid! Ugly! Monkeys!.

1 Like

Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by Originalsly: 10:28pm On Jan 11, 2016
I don't care if this is true or not. ... this babe is a writee!...make the mistake and start reading you have to read thru to the end! Very entertaining!
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by dadson2009(m): 10:59pm On Jan 11, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by Henycymama(f): 12:32am On Jan 12, 2016
lol, funny but not withstanding, u would v actually use straightener instead of leaving it... with dat do natural hair will look presentable!!!
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by Nobody: 1:55am On Jan 12, 2016
Nice & Funny story sha. It made me 'rotfl' but did u carry that hair about like a crazy chic'ken? Lol
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 12, 2016
I liked the story but what caught my attention was reading the comments. From the comments, it seems some naturals believe everyone that has relaxed hair has white man/ slave mentality. That is a far off generalization and it is simple minded. I was natural for a long time and didn't engage in relaxed hair and weave shaming, that is itself very hypocritical. People relax and get weaves in their hair for the convenience of it, some prefer the sleekness of the look, some just can't handle the job of it. sheesh >:

Everyone has a right to their opinions without being told they have slave or inferior mentality.
Rocking your natural hair to an interview is allowed, you just have to style it properly.
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by doveda: 10:22am On Jan 12, 2016
naturaldora:

You're very right

Shut up!

Look at her hair, the ugly hair looks malnourished.undecided. I see why you prefer your mistress's hair to yoursundecided

Another monkey on the looseundecided
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by doveda: 10:25am On Jan 12, 2016
Moberry:
I liked the story but what caught my attention was reading the comments. From the comments, it seems some naturals believe everyone that has relaxed hair has white man/ slave mentality. That is a far off generalization and it is simple minded. I was natural for a long time and didn't engage in relaxed hair and weave shaming, that is itself very hypocritical. People relax and get weaves in their hair for the convenience of it, some prefer the sleekness of the look, some just can't handle the job of it. sheesh >:

Everyone has a right to their opinions without being told they have slave or inferior mentality.
Rocking your natural hair to an interview is allowed, you just have to style it properly.

I am not for weave/relaxed hair. It is none of my fvcking business. However it is stupid to claim that I can't wear didi or my afro for an interview because it looks dirty.

Sane people can differentiate between an unkempt afro and a clean one, same as other natural hairstyles. However the idi.ots on this thread believe that it doesn't matter. It would always look dirty because it is natural.
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 12, 2016
doveda:

Shut up!

Look at her hair, the ugly hair looks malnourished.undecided. I see why you prefer your mistress's hair to yoursundecided

Another monkey on the looseundecided
Who is this one and what is he saying? Oh my God! " I don't insult people" otherwise I would have replied this your (shut-up) and most importantly I don't reply TRASH especially when it comes out from a vagabonds

3 Likes

Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by doveda: 5:40pm On Jan 12, 2016
naturaldora:

Who is this one and what is he saying? Oh my God! " I don't insult people" otherwise I would have replied this your (shut-up) and most importantly I don't reply TRASH especially when it comes out from a vagabond

You don't insult people yet you used the word ‘vagabond'sad

If my hair were like yours, I would cover it every time. It is ugly Bikoundecided

You have an inferiority complex. You prefer got mistress hair to your natural hair. You are nothing but a losertongue
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by doveda: 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2016
The idiots on this thread believe that these hairstyles look dirty in comparison to their master's hairsad

Nkemp, Naturaldora

Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by 9izone(f): 6:38am On Jan 13, 2016
doveda:

If my hair were like yours, I would cover it every time. It is ugly Bikoundecided
You talk too much and your words are (meaningless and trashy) as she said.
What's your problem and why are calling this wonderful creature from God Ugly?
@naturaldora All I see is natural beautified and well mannered girl that is setting a cool examples that you too should learn from. And please stop hating check her profile and you will see she's from your Igbo states

You have an inferiority complex. You prefer got mistress hair to your natural hair. You are nothing but a losertongue
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by 9izone(f): 7:24am On Jan 13, 2016
doveda:

@naturaldora All I see is natural beautified and well mannered girl that is setting a cool examples that you too should learn from. And please stop hating check her profile and you will see she's from your Igbo states

1 Like

Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by doveda: 10:27am On Jan 13, 2016
9izone:

Attention seeker!

I did not call her ugly. Read my post again undecided

Who cares about her tribe~ shocked
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
LWKMD
Re: I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened by Embi(f): 12:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
Naija single girl lol..you haven't seen my hair yet..i just ignore the comments and bone as if I chew pepper..
anyway guys don't forget to vote my niece in the CUSSONS Baby competition 2016. Follow the link and VOTE!! https://cussonsbabymoments.com/details/977

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria / Graduate Job Vacancies- You Can Apply If You Are Qualified / Lady Works As Labourer To Earn "Urgent 2k"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.