Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,540 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

No Compliments Please - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / No Compliments Please (510 Views)

9 Reasons Giving Tiny Compliments Is The Key To A Happy Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Compliments Please by Sustainer(f): 4:41pm On Jan 11, 2016
“Banke, you look nice today.”
“I know.”

That was always my response. I didn’t know what else to say. Thank you wasn’t an option. You shouldn’t say thank you if you don’t mean it. I never believed in compliments. I took pictures and I assessed myself in the mirror and I felt they lied to me. I believed they were ‘just’ saying it.

Compliments were the worst. I couldn’t believe it when I got any. And I would get sad if I didn’t get any.

I have the back of a tortoise. I covered myself from brutal attacks from the outside. Nobody dared to give me a negative compliment, my face was always ice. However, I didn’t have a shell for my mind. I could be alone and my countenance would change. People call it mood swings. They didn’t know. I had lost a battle to my mind.

I have fought more battles internally than I ever would outwardly.

I always try to stay among prettier girls, I thought their pretty would rub off on me. I was always walking behind. Or in front, when they wondered where I was. Unfortunately for me, my friends always seemed to be the life of the party. They were the ones who got noticed in clubs while I sat down in a dark corner with my pack of Berry Blast. I don’t drink – Berry Blast gave me the sugar rush. I was able to move my head and maybe even dance the night away after a pack of it. My friends always urged me to come dance with them.

It was a blast for a while but it always left me empty afterwards. Empty and disappointed.

Nobody asked for your number.

No guy came towards you.

You shouldn’t even have bothered.

You probably dance like a log of wood.

This was my reality after arriving back in my room, suppressing thoughts and crying on the inside. I was tough on the outside you see. I never told anyone about my troubles. They all though it was me being a little shy. I left it at that. I couldn’t take people feeling sorry for me. I didn’t want anyone treating me different from other people.

Read more here https://lagosbeautyblogger./2016/01/11/pay-me-no-compliment/

(1) (Reply)

Redeemed Pastor Is Kidnapped / What Does The Bible Say About Christian Tithing? Should A Christian Tithe? / My Experience In HELL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.