Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,682 members, 7,844,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. (3037 Views)

Would You Change Your Religion For Love? / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder / How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by urahara(m): 5:54pm On Jan 13, 2016
johnydon22:
It is absurd to think that Modern 21st century men are revolving their thinking around these ridiculous books and try tooth and nail to defend it..

One guy once told me Circle means Round (Because someone brought up where the bible said "Circle of the earth which means flat earth"wink..

Someone born in the 21st century doesn't know Circle is entirely a different thing from round..beats me

The things that Christians do to make their Bible play catch up to science. A Christian once said that starlight started 6000 years he said that even though stars are billions of light years away the speed of light increased tremendously due to the effects of the sin of Noah's generation.

Yahweh the only God I know whose weaknesses are high buildings and iron chariots.

One guy told me that let there be light in Genesis talks of the big bang even though light came 400000 years after the big bang.
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by johnydon22(m): 5:58pm On Jan 13, 2016
urahara:

The things that Christians do to make their Bible play catch up to science. A Christian once said that starlight started 6000 years he said that even though stars are billions of light years away the speed of light increased tremendously due to the effects of the sin of Noah's generation.

Yahweh the only God I know whose weaknesses are high buildings and iron chariots.
You can imagine if it's actually a simpleton that gave the above explanation..

Lol.. Yahweh gets taunted easily by mere flimsy humans even i a human cannot be that childish..
He is struggling for glory with humans, what something that allegedly powerful enough to create the vast universe is doing with glory is something i cannot fathom.

People said "let us make names for ourselves by building a high tower" Yahweh got jealous they wanted to make a name for themselves so he got to show them whose boss.

they didn't do anything wrong just wanted to build a tower but no they encroached in seeking glory which remarkably yahweh needed so so bad..

That is like me concerning myself with little children building sand castles and destroying it to show them whose boss...

Wonder why we have skyscrappers now, international space stations and space probes that have reached outside the edge of the solar system (voyager 1)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by johnydon22(m): 6:01pm On Jan 13, 2016
urahara:

One guy told me that let there be light in Genesis talks of the big bang even though light came 400000 years after the big bang.
That guy probably never picked up a science book in his life..

If the light is Big Bang then that means the Earth and the Big Bang actually started simultaneously.. That means the earth is as old as the big bang grin

Damn!!! **Fatality** "Someone call me a doctor"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by dalaman: 6:15pm On Jan 13, 2016
johnydon22:
That someone would believe it and hold it to be true beats me totally

Over a billion people actually believe this.
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by tartar9(m): 6:17pm On Jan 13, 2016
johnydon22:

Oh i can and i am saying it " He is wrong!!!"

And for the mat spread earth here: Quran-15:19: And the earth We have spread out like a carpet; set thereon Mountains firm and immovable
the verse wasn't used in any scientific sense or meant to refer to the shape of the earth.The Islamic scholarship consensus right from time was that the earth was spherical.
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by dalaman: 6:54pm On Jan 13, 2016
tartar9:
and the camel urine cured their disease.more complex things like what? where things like DNA,genes or chromosomes known then.

The camel urine cured the diseases according to the legend. If you read the bible it also has such legend,it talks about using the blood of clean animals to cure leprosy, as always such things only happen in mythical and legendary stories and not in reality. Camel urine has no known medical cure, in fact camel urine is actually harmful.
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by johnydon22(m): 7:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
dalaman:

Over a billion people actually believe this.
It's just a pity... We try our best with little spare time we have to get more people to think for themselves

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by johnydon22(m): 7:40pm On Jan 13, 2016
tartar9:

the verse wasn't used in any scientific sense or meant to refer to the shape of the earth.The Islamic scholarship consensus right from time was that the earth was spherical.
Lol..the verse was joking.. i get that grin... SMH for a book supposedly dictated by a God who created the whole universe that don't even have the slightest clue of what exactly it created

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by pulsa(m): 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2016
I've read all what you guys said but I still believe more religion is more an happen stance of being born into it, I may still be wrong do.
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by dalaman: 8:09pm On Jan 13, 2016
johnydon22:
It's just a pity... We try our best with little spare time we have to get more people to think for themselves

I actually believe that religion has it's place in the world. But I just dislike the fact that we have to depend on the religions that were founded by the ancients. We need to discard those religions and invent our own modern religions if we must be religious or at least modify the old religions the way white people are trying to modify Christianity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by Ultimatesammie(m): 8:16pm On Jan 13, 2016
Apart from the numerous signs and wonders that happen and the unbelieveable miracles that take place coupled with glorious ministrations and guides to how one should live his life, u wonder why people still disbelief.
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by wordcat(m): 8:16pm On Jan 13, 2016
johnydon22:

Oh yes he did and the mumu man who asked the questions even rejoiced thinking the answers were correct..

Both the prophet, the man, the angel Gabriel and the God that gave the revelation are illiterates. they need at least a secondary diploma..

This is a typical example of Con-tricks.. People deceiving other gullible simpletons with the claims of revelations. [/i][/b]

Brother, You forget to add this which is the MAIN REASON for that passage;

"On that 'Abdullah bin
Salam said, "I testify that you are the Apostle of
Allah." 'Abdullah bin Salam further said, "O
Allah's Apostle! THE JEWS ARE LIARS, and if they
should come to know about my conversion to
Islam before you ask them (about me), they
would tell a lie about me."
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by johnydon22(m): 8:37pm On Jan 13, 2016
dalaman:

I actually believe that religion has it's place in the world. But I just dislike the fact that we have to depend on the religions that were founded by the ancients. We need to discard those religions and invent our own modern religions if we must be religious or at least modify the old religions the way white people are trying to modify Christianity.
Am ok with religions though, have no probs with people practising what ever religion they want but using these ancient myths to murder the intellectual evolution of our species is a NO NO..

The number 1 threat to the intellectual development of our species is indoctrinating in them primitive superstitions of the past.. That's why you still have adults who think the earth is barely 6,000 years.

People can believe that there is a giant stone inside jupiter that gives them life, i am ok with that but once you throw this stone to the public (teach the belief as truth) or harm people or dabble into government, people's rights in the name of the stone in Jupiter then we have a problem

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by dalaman: 8:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
Ultimatesammie:
Apart from the numerous signs and wonders that happen and the unbelieveable miracles that take place coupled with glorious ministrations and guides to how one should live his life, u wonder why people still disbelief.

Which signs and wonders? You mean staged miracles right?
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by johnydon22(m): 8:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
wordcat:

Brother, You forget to add this which is the MAIN REASON for that passage;

"On that 'Abdullah bin
Salam said, "I testify that you are the Apostle of
Allah." 'Abdullah bin Salam further said, "O
Allah's Apostle! THE JEWS ARE LIARS, and if they
should come to know about my conversion to
Islam before you ask them (about me), they
would tell a lie about me."
Oh allah's prophet is so legit grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by urahara(m): 8:47pm On Jan 13, 2016
Quran 67 vs 5
And we have, (from of old), adorned the lowest heaven with Lamps, and We have made such (Lamps) (as) missiles to drive away the Evil Ones, and have prepared for them the Penalty of the Blazing Fire. (Yusuf Ali) And verily We have beautified the world's heaven with lamps, and We have made them missiles for the devils, and for them We have prepared the doom of flame.
Nawa o since when did stars become missiles.

51:49 And all things We have created by pairs, that haply ye may reflect.
Including bacteria and fungi.
71:16 And hath made the moon a light therein, and made the sun a lamp ?

The moon doesn't have light
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by urahara(m): 8:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
dalaman:

Which signs and wonders? You mean staged miracles right?

We want this kind of signs and wonders
Mark 16:17-18 King James Version (KJV) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by tartar9(m): 8:55pm On Jan 13, 2016
johnydon22:
Lol..the verse was joking.. i get that grin... SMH for a book supposedly dictated by a God who created the whole universe that don't even have the even the slightest clue of what exactly it created
its simple use of language to describe the expanse of the earth.the descriptive word use there was 'spread out',that isn't suppose to describe the shape of anything but rather its expanse,like I said before,the verse wasn't interpreted by Islamic scholars or tasfirs of more than a thousand years ago to mean the earth was flat.why not show me something as explicit like the four corners of the earth as used in the bible grin
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by urahara(m): 9:00pm On Jan 13, 2016
Ultimatesammie:

Catholics perform so called "signs and wonders". Hindus. Bahais. Joseph Smith of the Mormon.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marian_apparition

With all this miracles of Mary u wonder why people still disbelief.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahá'í_prophecies

With these prophecies of bahullah you wonder why people still disbelief
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by tartar9(m): 9:03pm On Jan 13, 2016
how do we then see the moon @urahara the verse even says the sun is the lamp there.
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by hahn(m): 9:10pm On Jan 13, 2016
dalaman:

As much as I'd like to agree with you I believe I'll stick with plaetton's stance that religion needs to be put in it's place. The dust bin undecided

In it's stead, logical and rational thinking should be promoted. The world would be a much more better place without lethal mythologies that are being promoted as truth and fact.
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by onetrack(m): 9:14pm On Jan 13, 2016
tartar9:

its simple use of language to describe the expanse of the earth.the descriptive word use there was 'spread out',that isn't suppose to describe the shape of anything but rather its expanse,like I said before,the verse wasn't interpreted by Islamic scholars or tasfirs of more than a thousand years ago to mean the earth was flat.why not show me something as explicit like the four corners of the earth as used in the bible grin

The problem is that the Quran is so vague that it doesn't actually say either way that the earth is flat or round. If, in reality, the earth were actually flat then you could interpret the Quran in such a way to prove that the Quran was correct. So, whether the earth is flat or round, the Quran confirms either one.

By the way, don't be too sure that the Tafsir ibn-Kathir gets it right:

Quran 2:22 "Who has made the earth your couch, and the heavens your canopy; and sent down rain from the heavens; and brought forth therewith Fruits for your sustenance; then set not up rivals unto Allah when ye know (the truth)."

Quran 2:29 "He it is Who created for you all that is in the earth. Then turned He to the heaven, and fashioned it as seven heavens. And He is knower of all things"

Here is the interpretation given by Ibn Kathir: "These Ayat indicate that Allah started creation by creating earth, then He made heaven into seven heavens. This is how building usually starts, with the lower floors first and then the top floors"

This is not suggestive of a spherical earth. In any case the 'heavens' existed long before the earth, not the other way around. Both the Quran and ibn Kathir are wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by urahara(m): 9:27pm On Jan 13, 2016
tartar9:
how do we then see the moon @urahara
the verse even says the sun is the lamp there.
The moon is a celestial body that reflects light from the sun.

And God made the two great lights—the greater light (the sun) to rule the day and the lesser light (the moon) to rule the night. He also made the stars. Genesis 1

Even the Bible makes this flaw.
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by urahara(m): 9:29pm On Jan 13, 2016
The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Fever is from the heat of Hell, so abate fever with water." [Sahih Bukhari]
Exactly what you would expect from a stark illiterate
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
One of my nairaland friends believes his religion is the true one because it has lasted for a very long time. and also because his favorite set of people believe in it.

he thinks this is a very rational conclusion. and that I will go to hell because I do not agree with him. grin
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by johnydon22(m): 12:27am On Jan 14, 2016
urahara:

And God made the two great lights—the greater light (the sun) to rule the day and the lesser light (the moon) to rule the night. He also made the stars. Genesis 1

You go fear creators of the universe na weh no wetin be wetin even though na them create amgrin

To preposterous that the creators of the universe (Yahweh and Allah) have no idea the moon is not a light..

The earth is even brighter than the moon in terms of light from the sun both planetary body reflect ... These Gods need to go to school honesty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by tartar9(m): 12:49am On Jan 14, 2016
urahara:

I don't find any contradiction with the Quran's use of 'gives light' to 'reflect'.even notice how it differentiates between the two by using lamp to describe the light of the sun indicating that the sun produces its own light.
and the moon actually produces some amount of light in its atmosphere.
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by iPrevail(m): 12:53am On Jan 14, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by wordcat(m): 7:02am On Jan 14, 2016
johnydon22:
Oh allah's prophet is so legit grin

While the JEWS are liars!

Lol
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by pulsa(m): 7:06am On Jan 14, 2016
Teempakguy:
One of my nairaland friends believes his religion is the true one because it has lasted for a very long time. and also because his favorite set of people believe in it.

he thinks this is a very rational conclusion. and that I will go to hell because I do not agree with him. grin
. your friend is funny the Egyptian and Greek mythologies lasted for thousands of years before they went their way, what therefore makes him think his mythology (sorry religion) will not also go its own way.
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 14, 2016
pulsa:
. your friend is funny the Egyptian and Greek mythologies lasted for thousands of years before they went their way, what therefore makes him think his mythology (sorry religion) will not also go its own way.
I have no idea. cheesy
Re: Why Do You Believe Your Religion Is The Right One. by urahara(m): 8:13am On Jan 14, 2016
My former pastor believes his religion is right because it was only in his scripture the founder of their religion came back to life and that other religions don't have the chance to add that to their holy book

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Did God Make Himself / This March Will Be The Bloodiest Month In The Near History Of Mankind / How Tolerant Is God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.