Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,347 members, 7,868,002 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:40 AM

I Think Football Loves Me – President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Think Football Loves Me – President Buhari (625 Views)

Military Rescued 11,595 Boko Haram Captives Under Me – President Buhari / Radio Biafra Lied Against Me - President Buhari / "Radio Biafra lied against me" ~ President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Football Loves Me – President Buhari by emamos: 8:36pm On Jan 11, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari Monday in Abuja spoke of a “love relationship” between him and the game of football.
The President was speaking after receiving the Glo/CAF Platinum Award for Good Leadership which was conferred on him last week in Abuja in recognition of his support for football, which resulted in Nigeria winning two major international tournaments last year.
The Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Mr. Solomon Dalung received the award on behalf of the President and presented it to him at the Presidential Villa today.
“Under your administration, we won the Under 17 World Cup and we also won the Under 23 African Cup of Nations.
“We have had very good fortune in football since you came to office and the sports family is very happy,” the Minister of Sports told President Buhari while presenting the award to him.
Responding, President Buhari recalled that Nigeria first won the Under-17 World Cup in 1985 in China, when he was military head of state.
“Thirty years after the first victory, Nigeria won again last year. What a fabulous coincidence. I think football loves me,” the President said.
He thanked the Confederation of African Football (CAF) for honouring him with the award.
The Glo/CAF Awards are held annually to reward deserving players, coaches, managers and supporters of African football
lalasticlala,mynd44
http://dailypost.ng/2016/01/11/i-think-football-loves-me-president-buhari/
Re: I Think Football Loves Me – President Buhari by emamos: 8:36pm On Jan 11, 2016
.Futbol loves u but corruption hates you more...Iyalaya koroption
Re: I Think Football Loves Me – President Buhari by jaymejate: 8:43pm On Jan 11, 2016
[size=16pt]i think Football is Blind, anyway love is blind. Cos seeing the u17 collecting 20k after the victory in China, football should really hate this man[/size]
Re: I Think Football Loves Me – President Buhari by STARGREEN(m): 9:12pm On Jan 11, 2016
So what have you done to your lov? have you built any stadium? what police have you for your lov? National stadium is seeking for your attention please fix it to keep your lov alive.
Re: I Think Football Loves Me – President Buhari by hollywater: 9:18pm On Jan 11, 2016
Mehn the people that awarded him this ,must be out of their senses. Good leadership how?For bringing us back to 1983 military rules?
Re: I Think Football Loves Me – President Buhari by austinvsb1(m): 9:22pm On Jan 11, 2016
STARGREEN:
So what have you done to your lov? have you built any stadium? what police have you for your lov? National stadium is seeking for your attention please fix it to keep your lov alive.

Are you sure you are educated at all? Or you just learnt English from one cornershop? You are trying so hard to insult someone yet can't construct a simple sentence correctly..

This forum must be sanitised!

Pathetic comments from so-called youths further soils the already battered Nigerian image! Only if Seun knows how widely nairaland is being read, all this semi illiterate kids will be kicked out of here!

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Writes To N’assembly To Withdraw 2016 Budget For Correction / The Momment Sahara Reporters Is Not Reporting Wike's Victory! Its UHURU! / FG Should Pardon Those Who Return Looted Funds— Abiara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.