Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Open Letter To Mr Buhari From A Soldier In The War Front - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Mr Buhari From A Soldier In The War Front (3026 Views)

Militants Kill A Soldier In Ikorodu, Lagos (Photos) / Soldier In A Joyous Mood After Completing His 'Boko Haram' Mission In Borno.PICS / Nigerian Policeman To Celebrate His Birthday In The War Front In Somalia. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To Mr Buhari From A Soldier In The War Front by tsdarkside(m): 7:26am On Jan 12, 2016
kozmokaz:
If we are not rotated by the time
the soldiers revolt, we will ensure Boko Haram recaptures all the lost
territories both in Adamawa and Maiduguri. Then they will know that
Boko Haram is still very strong in Nigeria, and they will stop
decieving Mr President.

dis is wat lie Mohammad and buratashi is trying to cover

how I wish d soldiers will just revolt against d authorities.... make all doz pot bellyed generals enter war front

they can not revolt...soldiers are to obey orders and die in the line of duty.....this is how russia won against nazi hitler...in the red army at first,ten soldiers had to make due with 2 rifles..if one soldier got killed,another without rifle took the rifle of the fallen...

our soldiers should shvt-up and stop using social-media...or they will be courth-martialed.....
Re: Open Letter To Mr Buhari From A Soldier In The War Front by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 12, 2016
This soldier must be a 'wailer'. He may have been sponsored by the pdp to tarnish the image of this regime.

Lair Mohammed said that the war against boko haram has been won and this soldier is saying these 'rubbish'?

Oga soldier Bita is a 'soft target' as una info minister said.

As somebody asvicd you earlier, the war against boko is over. Please go home!

Apc! Chanjiii!!!!
Re: Open Letter To Mr Buhari From A Soldier In The War Front by Yomboy4ever(m): 8:42am On Jan 12, 2016
Dis is so so SAD we need to pass and share dis tym bomb bfore it explode.
Pls if dis is authentic kindly move it to the Front page So D world can see how serious we are abt fighting terrorism.
Thunder fire dansuki and those who he shared our money with.
Re: Open Letter To Mr Buhari From A Soldier In The War Front by Orokita(m): 9:40am On Jan 12, 2016
How this has not gotten to the front page, I will never know..... Instead its "Davido and baby mama drama", "flavour looking dapper in new boxers". Admin front page pls

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Mr Buhari From A Soldier In The War Front by gemale(m): 8:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
oduastates:
this is why for every person who is a Fashola, Emefiele,Ngige,El rufai and co, you need intelligent guys or even younger smarts .
I am going to throw an idea out there.
It is not original and has nothing to do with reinventing the wheels.
It is all about doing what others have done in the art of war.

IS IT NOT TIME FOR THE NIGERIAN ARMY TO HAVE IT OWN DEDICATED NIGERIAN ARMY AIR CORP?

IT IS ALSO NECCESSARY TO REMOVE THE ADMINSTRATIVE ASPECT OF THE MILITARY FROM THE HANDS OF THE GENERAL STAFF
LET THEM CONCENTRATE ON OPERATIONS.

the idea that their salaries or allowances or food has to go through one general or the other is for me, very antiquated.

It is just plain common sense considering how much bureaucracy you experience even in a space as small as a single room office.

Truly u speak sense. We r still stuck in dt monolithic age where D various branches of armed forces r still confined strictly solely 2 their scope of operations meanwhile top armed forces in d world have found a way 4 their branches 2 self sufficient & nt rely overly on oda branches 2 carry out their operations successfully. Take d US armed forces 4 example; both d army & Navy have their own air corps (both fixed & rotary wing & even Jets). D Navy doesn't need d army 4 ground ops because dey have their Marines Corp & SEALs. Issues lyk salaries & remittances shld b channeled thru their finance Corps independent of D influence of superior officers. Food, supplies & gear shld b handled by d logistics dept dt shld have branches 4rm d division level down 2 D platoon /squad level.
Re: Open Letter To Mr Buhari From A Soldier In The War Front by gemale(m): 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2016
C as 9ja armed forces lyk 2 court wahala. I'm sure dey wldnt address dis problem later on when soldiers begin 2 mutiny, dey wld sentence dem 2 death. 8 months wt out support/relief? 4 an op dt wasn't their original mission? Dts more Dan evil. It's satanic. Dis is a great transgression of a grave unwritten rule in military operations "if u can't support dem, don't send dem @ least wt out telling dem b4 hand". Any responsible CO owes it 2 his men 2 do all in his power 2 make sure all dey need 2 smoothly execute their jobs r made available because if dey fail, he bears d brunt squarely.
Re: Open Letter To Mr Buhari From A Soldier In The War Front by gemale(m): 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2016
tsdarkside:

they can not revolt...soldiers are to obey orders and die in the line of duty.....this is how russia won against nazi hitler...in the red army at first,ten soldiers had to make due with 2 rifles..if one soldier got killed,another without rifle took the rifle of the fallen...

our soldiers should shvt-up and stop using social-media...or they will be courth-martialed.....
Dude u r either ignorant / stupid. Tell me, wld u willingly gv up ur lyf if u were treated in a similar manner as those soldiers? A soldier doesn't fight wt d ultimate aim of dying; he fights 2 win & if in d process he dies, so be it. If he's starved of D relevant support 2 win a fight, no mata hw many soldiers willingly die, ultimately dey wld lose. D scene u described was 4rm d movie "enemy @ d gates". Dude dt was in d 1940s so u can't expect wt was applicable den 2 b successful nw. U say soldiers r supposed 2 obey orders & die... Dt is true & is supposed 2 b d ideal thing. Here r oda ideals dt shld also b observed
1. A superior officer isn't supposed 2 issue an order 2 his subordinate if he knows dt i
were he 2 b in his subordinate' shoes , he wldnt follow it.
2. When u send men 2 D war front, u r supposed 2 ensure dt everything dey need 2 successfully carry out their jobs is given 2 dem. Wateva service/support dey require shld b made available b it air support, medivac or wat have u.
3. B4 anyone joins d armed forces, he's required 2 take d oath of allegiance. Dis oath is a mutually binding contract btw him & his organization. He's expected 2 serve wt loyalty & faithfulness bt he's also in some measure owed dt by his organization. Shld d military organization wilfully fail in its own side of d bargain, he's released 4rm his.
Nw reexamine dis man's case & tell me y he doesn't have a valid case 2 pull out of D region. Dey were promised relief & later on support. 8 months later, dey received neither. Meanwhile their dead & wounded pile up due 2 regular attacks, gunships & helis dt shld provide support 4 aircrafts attempting medivac r only used 2 secure high ranking officers & equipment demanded 4 Dem 2 undertake evacuation of their wounded & dead on their own r nt provided. & yet in dis same country when Obasanjo' s son sustained a minor wound in d battlefield, he was quickly airlifted & rushed 2 a hospital. Tell me isn't all dis enuf 2 crush troops morale & cause dem 2 even surrender 2 enemy forces? Dis case needs 2 b attended 2 b4 dt area falls in2 enemy hands again.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Mr Buhari From A Soldier In The War Front by BeClever: 10:00pm On Jan 12, 2016
Biafra:
The problem in this case is not with pmb or any specific president. The problem lies in the government and system as a whole. The fact that there are too many "sons of politicians", "cousins of senators", etc in the Nigerian military. Imagine thesame soldiers on a specific campaign, still being recycled and deployed to another division just because they must be d ones to remain on the front....this is part of the reasons why the war on terrorism is difficult for us.

Nigeria has nothing less than 100 thousand Army personnel. I'm sure that atleast 40,000 or more should be infantry or cavalry combatants within the fighting age and rank, then how come only few are deployed to the hot zones?... While others keep calling politicians and influential people to manipulate deployments. The worst thing is that these shameless, profit seekers won't let those of us willing to face harm, with the spirit of nationalism and patriotism join the military. One minute, you have impressed and amazed generals and admirals in the recruitment board of an interview, the next minute, you realise your name is not in the final list and your old time secondary school mate that was too dumb, afraid and fragile to even pick a fight with a peer in high school made d list because he has an uncle in the house of reps.

War takes a serious toll on soldiers' health, morale and wellbeing , that is why there is always need to rotate soldiers and also constantly reinforce them. Nothing is ever done properly in my country Nigeria.

God help us all.

Does this means you are wailing too.. ..

It's OK if you are not, but if you are tongue tongue

Wait a minute.. You are also jobless! oboy!
Re: Open Letter To Mr Buhari From A Soldier In The War Front by tsdarkside(m): 11:54pm On Jan 12, 2016
gemale:

Dude u r either ignorant / stupid. Tell me, wld u willingly gv up ur lyf if u were treated in a similar manner as those soldiers? A soldier doesn't fight wt d ultimate aim of dying; he fights 2 win & if in d process he dies, so be it. If he's starved of D relevant support 2 win a fight, no mata hw many soldiers willingly die, ultimately dey wld lose. D scene u described was 4rm d movie "enemy @ d gates". Dude dt was in d 1940s so u can't expect wt was applicable den 2 b successful nw. U say soldiers r supposed 2 obey orders & die... Dt is true & is supposed 2 b d ideal thing. Here r oda ideals dt shld also b observed
1. A superior officer isn't supposed 2 issue an order 2 his subordinate if he knows dt i
were he 2 b in his subordinate' shoes , he wldnt follow it.
2. When u send men 2 D war front, u r supposed 2 ensure dt everything dey need 2 successfully carry out their jobs is given 2 dem. Wateva service/support dey require shld b made available b it air support, medivac or wat have u.
3. B4 anyone joins d armed forces, he's required 2 take d oath of allegiance. Dis oath is a mutually binding contract btw him & his organization. He's expected 2 serve wt loyalty & faithfulness bt he's also in some measure owed dt by his organization. Shld d military organization wilfully fail in its own side of d bargain, he's released 4rm his.
Nw reexamine dis man's case & tell me y he doesn't have a valid case 2 pull out of D region. Dey were promised relief & later on support. 8 months later, dey received neither. Meanwhile their dead & wounded pile up due 2 regular attacks, gunships & helis dt shld provide support 4 aircrafts attempting medivac r only used 2 secure high ranking officers & equipment demanded 4 Dem 2 undertake evacuation of their wounded & dead on their own r nt provided. & yet in dis same country when Obasanjo' s son sustained a minor wound in d battlefield, he was quickly airlifted & rushed 2 a hospital. Tell me isn't all dis enuf 2 crush troops morale & cause dem 2 even surrender 2 enemy forces? Dis case needs 2 b attended 2 b4 dt area falls in2 enemy hands again.

sharrapu...its the duty of the soldier to protect and die......their is no such thing as not enough weapons.......our soldiers are lazy and only understand how to take selfies and post it on social-media...
Re: Open Letter To Mr Buhari From A Soldier In The War Front by gemale(m): 9:16am On Jan 13, 2016
tsdarkside:

sharrapu...its the duty of the soldier to protect and die......their is no such thing as not enough weapons.......our soldiers are lazy and only understand how to take selfies and post it on social-media...
Infact I wld stop arguing wt u because u r nt talking sensibly & objectively. Since u tnk d situation dt soldier found himself is a gud 1,i wish it upon u/ur family /friends /loved ones.
Re: Open Letter To Mr Buhari From A Soldier In The War Front by tsdarkside(m): 9:29am On Jan 13, 2016
gemale:

Infact I wld stop arguing wt u because u r nt talking sensibly & objectively. Since u tnk d situation dt soldier found himself is a gud 1,i wish it upon u/ur family /friends /loved ones.

no,i absolutly didnt mean that.....i respect warriors...heck,i myself am a warrior...

but the thing is,our warriors have become soft....if you are walking on the streets with your family and someone draw a weapon on your family,would you run away,and let your familiy alone,because you didnt have a weapon??,,,.....

thats crazy to imagine...thats not the way of the warrior....
Re: Open Letter To Mr Buhari From A Soldier In The War Front by DonBobes(m): 9:32am On Jan 13, 2016
bcomputer101:
if na Tonto Dike story, e go don dey Front page...

But that boy with Coconut head will not see any reason to push dis to Front page

Dnt mind d MODs here, dts hw de bhave. 4ny pple. Dey better push dis to front page o!

(1) (2) (Reply)

State Of Erunwen Road Ikorodu Lagos State (pictures & Video) / Setraco At Work On Faulks Road Aba (photos) / I Need A Convincing Answer, Not Insults

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.