Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Simple Looking But Difficult Pattern, Only Geniuses Can Get This - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Simple Looking But Difficult Pattern, Only Geniuses Can Get This (29980 Views)

See What Kenyan Student Did When He Was Given A Difficult Math Question In Exam / Only Geniuses Can Find All 26 Mistakes In This Photo / NAIRALAND INTERSCHOOL DEBATE Team 4: Geniuses are born not made? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Simple Looking But Difficult Pattern, Only Geniuses Can Get This by omicks: 2:12am On Jan 14, 2016
1) [/b]3x3=9
7-4=3
3+1=4
3x1=3
4-3=1
1x1=1
4+3=7[b]

2) [/b]6+2=8
6-1=5
8-2=6
2x1=2
5+1=6
6-5=1
5x1=5[b]
Re: Simple Looking But Difficult Pattern, Only Geniuses Can Get This by agentofchange1(m): 6:12am On Jan 14, 2016
shumuel:

kikiki Lol, one thing everyone failed to remember was that this a primary school question and not Further-Maths nor a Mth course of any institution grin grin grin tongue

see as everybody dey claim prof for very simple question, formular full ground like its a Noble prize question while all that is needed is simple Multiplication, chai! Proffemi, yeah, honestly its really highly annoying grin

yea, bro femi... really tried cud get it right on this ....but not authentic/analytical.enough we cud encounter some problems in solving the main exercises.... assuming. ..parts of the exercises. is to find a missing link /number ....

Now using his method ..

we cud have. e.g 14' a' = xxxxx .... where is the 'unit digit '. xxxxx is any answer we cud get..from the multiplication..... so now do we find the value of a ?

Nb: 14'a' does not mean 14 times a. o

cc: proffemi.
Re: Simple Looking But Difficult Pattern, Only Geniuses Can Get This by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 14, 2016
1 3 9 × 3 = 417

2 5 8 × 2 = 516

So what do I get for solving it?
Re: Simple Looking But Difficult Pattern, Only Geniuses Can Get This by Handsome4real(m): 11:03am On Jan 14, 2016
muheewa:
1stt Example..............U add 4 +3++7=14 subtract 9+1+1=11 so 14-11=3

It deosnt follow for the second example
Re: Simple Looking But Difficult Pattern, Only Geniuses Can Get This by shumuel(m): 11:32am On Jan 14, 2016
agentofchange1:

yea, bro femi... really tried cud get it right on this .... but not authentic/analytical.enough we cud encounter some problems in solving the main exercises.... assuming. ..parts of the exercises. is to find a missing link /number ....

Now using his method ..

we cud have. e.g 14' a' = xxxxx .... where is the 'unit digit '. xxxxx is any answer we cud get..from the multiplication..... so now do we find the value of a ?

Nb: 14'a' does not mean 14 times a. o

cc: proffemi.

Lol, There you go again treating it as if its an Engineering Maths question.
Quantitative & Verbal reasoning questions are never hard, it just deals with how fast you can think and solve the riddle with simple Additions, subtraction, multiplications and Divisions,, the questioniares are just playing simple brain game with the students, so its quite simple, they were my favourite subjects in primary school, i just love it.

But the truth be told, for adults to solve these questions fast you'll have to take your brain aback because having had an expansion of brain power, you can't but treat it as something more challenging, someone mentioned, that if the question was given to a Pri.6 pupil he/she would had solved it instantly, well he was right, and thats because he/she would not think of it as Further-maths or mth because their level hadn't reach that capability.
Re: Simple Looking But Difficult Pattern, Only Geniuses Can Get This by dovetark: 11:36am On Jan 14, 2016
dovelike:

Starting

Really, course and level?
Re: Simple Looking But Difficult Pattern, Only Geniuses Can Get This by agentofchange1(m): 11:45am On Jan 14, 2016
shumuel:

Lol, There you go again treating it as if its an Engineering Maths question.
Quantitative & Verbal reasoning questions are never hard, it just deals with how fast you can think and solve the riddle with simple Additions, subtraction, multiplications and Divisions,, the questioniares are just playing simple brain game with the students, so its quite simple, they were my favourite subjects in primary school, i just love it.

But the truth be told, for adults to solve these questions fast you'll have to take your brain aback because having had an expansion of brain power, you can't but treat it as something more challenging, someone mentioned, that if the question was given to a Pri.6 pupil he/she would had solved it instantly, well he was right, and thats because he/she would not think of it as Further-maths or mth because their level hadn't reach that capability.

ok sir. , but you still av'nt answered my question ?

how we find the missing link/ number using his method or any other method you think cud do ?

#tnx sir...
Re: Simple Looking But Difficult Pattern, Only Geniuses Can Get This by shumuel(m): 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
agentofchange1:

ok sir. , but you still av'nt answered my question ?

how we find the missing link/ number using his method or any other method you think cud do ?

#tnx sir...

its still the simple Multiplicatios, Divisions, additions and subtractions.

E.g if you got the answer by multiplications, then you can find a missing link as you have quesstioned or Prove as in higher level of maths by division, but if you got the answer by addition, to prove you'll then have to use substractions.

Divisions ~ Multiplication
Addition ~ Substraction

if you check the pages again, you'll see some were able to also get the answer to the question buy dividing also.
Re: Simple Looking But Difficult Pattern, Only Geniuses Can Get This by agentofchange1(m): 1:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
shumuel:

its still the simple Multiplicatios, Divisions, additions and subtractions.

E.g if you got the answer by multiplications, then you can find a missing link as you have quesstioned or Prove as in higher level of maths by division, but if you got the answer by addition, to prove you'll then have to use substractions.

Divisions ~ Multiplication
Addition ~ Substraction

if you check the pages again, you'll see some were able to also get the answer to the question buy dividing also.

so, is it any different from what I did .? ...its just addition and subtraction I did....d only difference.. I used letters to rep...numbers.... any problem with that ?
Re: Simple Looking But Difficult Pattern, Only Geniuses Can Get This by Mzchidubem2: 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2016
I solve this problem and gave answers why are u guys still bothered?
Re: Simple Looking But Difficult Pattern, Only Geniuses Can Get This by 3rdlegxxx(m): 3:41pm On Feb 22, 2016
xxxifyxxx:
First Pattern:

1, 2 (9-7), 3 (4-1), 4 (3+1) and 5 (3+3-1).
Essentially 1,2,3,4,5.

Follow this for the second pattern
1, 2 (8-6), 3 (5-2), 4 (2+2) and 5 (5+2-2)

I hope you understand the logic. cool cool

Happy birthday dear, wish you the best and more years of happiness to come

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FUTMinna Orders 100-Level Students To Withdraw / I Am Grateful For The N250 Gift- Uniport's Best Graduating Pediatrics Student / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.