Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,222 members, 7,836,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

$2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts (42855 Views)

Ex-PDP Nat.Chairman Nwodo, Ex-Minister Worgu, 4 Ex-Senators Dump PDP For APC / Buhari Orders EFCC To Probe Ex Service Chiefs,Serving & Former Military Leaders / Ex-Service Chiefs To Be Investigated Over Buhari’s 'Missing' Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by sheubaba2013: 1:53pm On Jan 12, 2016
Weldon buhari this is an era of +ve change...more yams are being discovered.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by Vongsama(m): 1:54pm On Jan 12, 2016
FAT LIE. Do the conversion yourself. $2.1b is not up to a trillion Naira. Not to talk of all the other cash involving Dokpesi, Metuh, Dasuki himself and others. Bloody fvcking lie
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by brenister10: 1:54pm On Jan 12, 2016
leksbore:
but wait is it because of dasukigate that's y our economy is down?wat u people are forgetting is that our economy as been bad even before this boko haram and arms issue came out,,,,,I feel buhari should just build d economy instead of going on revenge on dasuki now saying its all in the name of recovery

What do you people really want, when he said he was going to borrow money to finance the budget, you criticized him now he wants to fight the yam eaters, you are still not happy... What do you want?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by makzeze: 1:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
ramdris:
There is little difference between Abacha's tenure and GEJ. Both looted massively...
GEJ is worst.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by shotgun22(m): 1:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
this is getting serious.. Buhari should watch his back.. just like Soyinka said..corruption has its way of fighting back.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by Smartsyn(m): 1:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
eseoghene144:
400 billion naira
thank you bro.. If you calculate all the monies being mentioned and traced since this investigation started, including this 1trillion, you will wonder how much EFCC said they are probing.. Or is the $2.1b on multiplication effect?
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by obailala(m): 1:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
tommykiwi:
have Buhari flushed out Amaechi and Fashola? He should start from his cabinet members first.
Sorry you cannot dictate to Buhari how you want him to do his work.

2 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by KMJY(f): 1:59pm On Jan 12, 2016
By the time this administration finish lying to us before we realized, our economy would have drowned, school children would no longer be given daily meal. Please those who are still in their right senses should kindly remind this propaganda ladened govt. of their campaign promise. Coz all I see is that the government has now become a distraction to the citizens in their watch dog role. what a shame!
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by frisky2good(m): 1:59pm On Jan 12, 2016
When all these funds were being moved around, didn't any of the banks involved think of informing the EFCC? There's a sign I usually see in banking halls that transactions over a certain amount will be reported so why wasn't any of the transactions reported?

3 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by wirinet(m): 2:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
Trafford:
I'm tired of all this. I need to hear stories of reviving our dying economy and not all this Dasukigate crap everyday!!!

I do not understand people like you. You are tired of hearing stories, but at the same time you want Buhari to revive our dying economy. With what do do want Buhari to revive our dying economy with, sand and stones? Do you know what $2.1 billion would do to our economy if all the money allegedly stolen by Dasuki and friends was recovered? We have not even started with NNPC, Customs, NIMASA, etc. Do you know that even if 50% of stolen money was recovered, Buhari could have as much as $10 billion, with which he can deploy to revive our economy.

4 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by Toks2008(m): 2:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
JudgeWilson:
Them go dance the music. Bunch of saboteurs

Tell me it is not GOD that made Buhari the president.

Tell me why any right thinking human will still drum up support for Jonathan government.

TELL ME WHY JONATHAN SHOULD NOT BE INVITED FOR QUESTIONING.

4 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by Almightytime: 2:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
God bless Buhari.......Politicians wan finish Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by wirinet(m): 2:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
brenister10:

What do you people really want, when he said he was going to borrow money to finance the budget, you criticized him now he wants to fight the yam eaters, you are still not happy... What do you want?

The want him to fail.
Buhari borrow money to run the country, PDP/IPOB complain.
Buhari goes after looters in order to recover stolen money they still criticize.

later these same people will come out and say Nigeria Economy is dying.

3 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by Sibrah: 2:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
The more reason why Dasuki should never be released for a second. What if he decides to overdose on paracetamol or something and cuts all the link some desperate politicians somewhere are so eager to bury? Imagine what PDP did to Nigeria for 16 years. Let him go back to OBJ time and unravel to mystery behind all those excess crude funds.

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by damilove(m): 2:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
If this news is really true, then I will strongly recommend some Psychiatric and spiritual checks for people aspiring for any leadership post in Nigeria if possible. This level of stealing is more than "I just want to be rich". This is real madness and possibly "demonic". What would they do with that kind of money in their life time? Even if they eat raw currencies on a daily basis, would they finish that? This really makes nothing of rationality. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by Almightytime: 2:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
God bless Buhari.......Politicians wan finish Nigeria
We really need to go the China way in our war against corruption

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by Alonzo50: 2:07pm On Jan 12, 2016
:PSai baba na true change indeed I really pity olisa metuh u better talk
Sai baba na true change indeed I really pity olisa metuh u better talk
Sai baba na true change indeed I really pity olisa metuh u better talk

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by Abylyty(m): 2:07pm On Jan 12, 2016
So what efcc is saying is that out of the 2.1b$ arms money, 1 trillion (about $4b was shared)?

Where is the sense in that
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
Indeed,GEJ was right.

There was Boko Haram in his government.

Not just the Boko we thought it was.

Those greedy fellows must return our yam.....intact.

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by abbey621(m): 2:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
Vongsama:
FAT LIE. Do the conversion yourself. $2.1b is not up to a trillion Naira. Not to talk of all the other cash involving Dokpesi, Metuh, Dasuki himself and others. Bloody fvcking lie

I'm glad you caught that lie, some people are just so easy to deceive.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by tiwiex(m): 2:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
OnankpaBa:
You don't mean it. Trilion? idonbiliv. na wao for naija o

Dem don dey bobo us o. Is 1 trillion naira not greater than $2.1 billion dollars? Even at the current exchange rate. I am not saying dem no find 1trillion naira but it cannot be linked to the $2.1b. And for them to release this story, they are not serious.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by Charlieubochi: 2:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
Imagine stealing trillions from a country in a situation so bad that so many Nigerians are frustrated and depressed.The entire economy is almost dead. We have collapsed infrastructure in every state and level in the country; our roads, electricity supply, water, schools, health sector, railways etc are in a very terrible state. That's why every young person in this country wants to leave for a chance of a better life elsewhere.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by sunnymaja(m): 2:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
God is interested in Nigeria . Even if Buari is not the Messiah, we have dislodged the looters group called pdp. If people like Buari rules for 8years , Nigeria will have a different orientation.

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by chiol: 2:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
Trafford:
I'm tired of all this. I need to hear stories of reviving our dying economy and not all this Dasukigate crap everyday!!!

Catch am! Na one of them o! He wan divert our attention. Our economy is dying but you are the cause. Return our money now to revive our economy.

If this trillion is recovered, the amount we are to borrow to finance the budget will reduce drastically.

2 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by tiwiex(m): 2:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
mrmetoo1:
But that's already more than the $2.1bn they're investigating na. Where did this one come from?

I don comment too oh. E be like say we no dey analyse deep.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by Yksoul(m): 2:16pm On Jan 12, 2016
Smartsyn:
thank you bro.. If you calculate all the monies being mentioned and traced since this investigation started, including this 1trillion, you will wonder how much EFCC said they are probing.. Or is the $2.1b on multiplication effect?
U GOT IT WRONG,I THINK $2.1B WAS THE SECOND PHASE MONEY TO BUY MORE ARMS TOGETHER WITH THE ONE PHASE PURCHASED IN RUSSIA.WE DONT ACTUALLY KNOW THE EXACT AMOUNT APPROVED FOR THE PURCHASE OF FIRST PHASE ARMS,WHICH SOME OF THE MONEY WENT TO THE SERVICE CHIEFS

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by ceejay8837(m): 2:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
Trafford:
some people are so funny what does it take to revive an economy ?the naira bleeds everyday cos a single man diverts billions to his personal account
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by foriz4u(m): 2:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
carinmom:

Relax, very soon our economy will bounce back when the loot from Dasukigate is recovered.
did I hear u say loot from dasuki? $2.1b chicken feed money my frnd!!! it's no where compared tp what OBJ, IBB, tinubu, Amechi, to mention jus a few have stolen from dis country... I just keep wondering...Nigerians gave forgotten the $49b which got missen like spirit from NNPC's account, the Halliburton scam, and so many other fraud. the only reason PMB is taking this case seriously is solemnly because its in relation to d PDP campaign n hw they got funds for d presidential campaign not d interest of acquiring arms at heart. thou I'm not in support of who so ever or what so ever but let dis fight against corruption not b a sentimental fight it should b plan n just.

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
mrmetoo1:
But that's already more than the $2.1bn they're investigating na. Where did this one come from?

You think that Dasuki's money is the only money stolen?

By the time the show is over....you will know that Nigeria is made up of people who steal anything and everything tied down. And you won't feel comfortable at all.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by ikachi1: 2:23pm On Jan 12, 2016
If you change 2.1 million dollars into naira, how much would that amount to? At the present black market rate, that would be about 600 billion. If we add the Abacha component, that would bring it up to about 700 billion. So, how did the service chiefs alone get 142% of the total amount said to be stolen. Where did the extra come from? Yes the service chiefs are culprits but it is wrong to embellish the entire story...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 12, 2016
i want t recommend some good ways for buhari to make these guys suffer...

buhari does not need to arrest these guys...all he needs do is to retrieve all monies stolen plus the personal monies of these individuals...i want our corrupt politicians to live in poverty like many of us..if they are sent to prison their families would enjoy the loot..make them stay in Nigeria forever with their families and live like every average Nigerian without money ... angry angry...relocate all of them to jakande or any dirty area in Nigeria and let them live in abject poverty there...let them suffer... angry angry
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts by fascowilly(m): 2:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
Trafford:
see if we're talking money we're talking about economy, pls dude be patient, abi you share from those yam...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sunday Odo Shot In Ayogu Eze House In Enugu. Graphic Photos / Fashola Chilling At A 'Mama Put' In Oyo During Inspection (Photos) / Ogun Deputy-governor, Yetunde-onanuga Rescues Accident Victim (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.