Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 (2166 Views)

Siena And All VW Gurus, Over To You Please *urgent * / LEXUS Auto Mechanic In The House, SIENA And IKENNA U Two Could Be Of Help Too / Siena and Ikenna,Pls HELP Gear Lever Shifts To Drive Bt Vehicle Doesn't Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by bencash: 11:37pm On Jun 18, 2009
have got a lil problem with my hydrid 08 camry,  i think its spoilt or need to be fixed, need info on were i can fix it or were i can get another one, with price pls. thank u,
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by Igwe9(m): 12:13am On Jun 19, 2009
bencash:

HAVE GOT A LIL PROBLEM WITH MY HYDRID 08 CAMRY, I THINK ITS SPOILT OR NEED TO BE FIXED, NEED INFO ON WERE I CAN FIX IT OR WERE I CAN GET ANOTHER ONE, WITH PRICE PLS. THANK U,
Where do you live and what kind of problem are you experiencing with it? , I believe this might help people who wish to come to your aid. smiley
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by bencash: 12:15am On Jun 19, 2009
thank you, when the car speedometer gets to 100, it will be as if the gear as been moved from D to N, and it wil just be racing down, so i was told the hydrid system is faulty by toyota, so i dont know if it cant be fixed or were i can get another one
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by kablooee: 7:15am On Jun 19, 2009
where do you live? if you're far from us, i'll advice you get a full scan and post the result, we've had similar problem with the hybrid Toyota Highlander.
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by bencash: 11:17am On Jun 19, 2009
i will try and get that done nd send the result here, what was the solution u guys had to ur own hydrid? and am in nigeria and the car is in nigeria here
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by bencash: 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2009
Igwe.:

Where do you live and what kind of problem are you experiencing with it? , I believe this might help people who wish to come to your aid. smiley

its showing check hybrid system at the dash board and also check vsc system and when it brings this signal it doesnt go move no more, its like the car wud be raising on ground

what u think??
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by Igwe9(m): 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2009
bencash:

its showing check hybrid system at the dash board and also check vsc system and when it brings this signal it doesnt go move no more, its like the car wud be raising on ground

what u think??
If the inverter cooling system is ok, i.e inverter cooling radiator, if it's working properly.check it also for punctures.

Else check the ABS actuator (brake system)

I really have not experienced this before, i hope this helps you sort the problem out.  http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:WfvZMas-xCAJ:techno-fandom.org/~hobbit/cars/cours-section6.pdf+what+is+vsc+system&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ng
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by bencash: 7:09pm On Jun 20, 2009
thank U. will look into that. will get back to u
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by bencash: 7:17pm On Jun 20, 2009
do u have a workshop so i can bring the car and check it out for me or do u have any where in lagos u can refer me to?
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by Igwe9(m): 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2009
I'm in Abuja , let inspired man and co. link you up with good mech engrs in Lagos. My own workshop isn't for automobile repairs bro. smiley smiley I only talked from engineering point of view.  smiley smiley

Systematic approaches work for me. There's never a smoke without a fire cool
The least expected could turn out to be the cause of the most recurrent.
Sure to update us when it's solved.

i wish you luck brother. cool
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by bencash: 7:52pm On Jun 20, 2009
thank u igwe, i will sure let u know, i hope inspired can check out this for me sha,
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by bencash: 8:02pm On Jun 20, 2009
BUT WHEN CAN I GET TO BUY THE INVERTER IF AM TO GET ONE?
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by Igwe9(m): 8:04pm On Jun 20, 2009
bencash:

BUT WHEN CAN I GET TO BUY THE INVERTER IF AM TO GET ONE?
jenju might be of help if it comes to that!

cheers! smiley
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by bencash: 8:06pm On Jun 20, 2009
do u have jenju and inspired man's number?
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by Igwe9(m): 8:18pm On Jun 20, 2009
yes ofcourse,I have their contacts, i'm not sure they 're online now, but would definitely see this whenever they come. For the mean time holla them via tikola70@hotmail.com for jenju and inspired_men@yahoo.com for inspired men.
regards,
smiley
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by bencash: 8:23pm On Jun 20, 2009
thanks a lot, will keep u posted
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by inspiredm(m): 9:44am On Jun 22, 2009
Bencash,

Expecting Your appointment Like we Discussed, The Issue with Your Car might not have to be with the Hybrid system,

The VSC Displayed means ( Vehicle Stability Control System ) may be Faulty and May have nothing to do with your Hybrid System

Lets this far the Checks can take Us. cool cool
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by bencash: 9:49am On Jun 22, 2009
inspired_m:

Bencash,

Expecting Your appointment Like we Discussed, The Issue with Your Car might not have to be with the Hybrid system,

The VSC Displayed means ( Vehicle Stability Control System ) may be Faulty and May have nothing to do with your Hybrid System

Lets this far the Checks can take Us. cool cool

called u thru out the day ur fone wasnt available , i really want us to see so u can see the car
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by inspiredm(m): 9:58am On Jun 22, 2009
bencash:

called u thru out the day ur fone wasnt available , i really want us to see so u can see the car

No worries, We can squeeze Up something today.
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by ObamaUS: 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2009
Go to the Toyota workshop in AP filling station,awolowo road, the guys there are experts.u can call 08032516258{engr biodun}
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by bencash: 6:25pm On Jun 22, 2009
thank u> i will make the contact, !
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by sultaan(m): 8:01pm On Jun 23, 2009
Do not let anyone pull a screwdriver on that car unless they pull the OBD first.

I guess manufacturer waranty does not apply to Nigeria because all factory dealerships are mandated to work on your car for free within that period. Even if you did not buy form them. Contact Toyota customer service (email) and see what they say.

The question is did anyone touch the car before this started, and why did they touch it.
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by inspiredm(m): 8:16pm On Jun 23, 2009
Bencash,

Ive seen the Hybrid Camry today, I Test Drove It And saw the Malfunctions, The Hybrid System has been tampered with, The radaitor was even fixed On arrival in Nigeria,

The Hose that leads to the Hybrid Battery Is torn and the Air Fullometre Compartment is Displaced

We'll need to run an On Board Diagnostics ( OBD ) Scan On the Car to Detect All Possible Faults.

The Car Drives & Runs Well, and everything works as it Should, The Traffic Situation Didnt Permit Me to Rev the Speed Upto 100km/h To detect the VSC Fault you complained about but I guess that has to do with the Vehicle Stability Control.

We'll Possibly Take the Car For OBD Checks to detect all Possible Faults, If Time Permits me Tomorrow We'll sort that out, If Not I can Re direct your Guys to the German Technician Along Allen Avenue, That can fixt it.

Good Luck.  cool cool
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by Igwe9(m): 8:20pm On Jun 23, 2009
inspired_m:

Bencash,

Ive seen the Hybrid Camry today, I Test Drove It And saw the Malfunctions, The Hybrid System has been tampered with[size=15pt], The radaitor was even fixed On arrival in Nigeria,

The Hose that leads to the Hybrid Battery Is torn and the Air Fullometre Compartment is Displaced[/size]

We'll need to run an On Board Diagnostics ( OBD ) Scan On the Car to Detect All Possible Faults.

The Car Drives & Runs Well, and everything works as it Should, The Traffic Situation Didnt Permit Me to Rev the Speed Upto 100km/h To detect the VSC Fault you complained about but I guess that has to do with the Vehicle Stability Control.

We'll Possibly Take the Car For OBD Checks to detect all Possible Faults, If Time Permits me Tomorrow We'll sort that out, If Not I can Re direct your Guys to the German Technician Along Allen Avenue, That can fixt it.

Good Luck.  cool cool

shocked shocked shocked
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by sultaan(m): 8:36pm On Jun 23, 2009
Oh boy!
Spoke too soon erase the part about waranty, cos ya'll just voided it cry.

Did your expert work on the vehicle or did you buy it like that?

Sometimes you just need to look insede the engine compartment to see something is off, you battery might not be getting cooled down when it heats up, thermostat might be off, with low coolant; basically the works.

Good luck, pay attention to everything, and replace all damaged parts.
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by bencash: 4:18pm On Jun 29, 2009
inspired man, how far now, u promise to direct me to the German guys at allen nd ve not hear from u, i know u are a busy me man, so give me there contacts i will be glad to go there and i will feed u back ! am waiting! u can send the contact to my email ohyewole@gmail.com
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by sojioguns(m): 11:45pm On Jun 29, 2009
@sultaan, The warranty on all US cars are void once they leave the shores of America in working condition. The factory warranty only covers the vehicle when operated within the shores of the US (climatic conditions and availability of genuine parts with servicing done by licensed dealers).

@ poster, I would advise you to go with inspired but make sure you check your OBD error codes on at least 2 diagnostic systems. (Check, clear and check again to see if the codes come up again). When you have the codes, you can easily get the problem with an easy Google search. Trust me, it saved my Volvo.
DO NOT RELY 100% ON OUR LOCAL TECHNICIANS!!!!
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by bencash: 11:49pm On Jun 29, 2009
sojioguns:

@sultaan, The warranty on all US cars are void once they leave the shores of America in working condition. The factory warranty only covers the vehicle when operated within the shores of the US (climatic conditions and availability of genuine parts with servicing done by licensed dealers).

@ poster, I would advise you to go with inspired but make sure you check your OBD error codes on at least 2 diagnostic systems. (Check, clear and check again to see if the codes come up again). When you have the codes, you can easily get the problem with an easy Google search. Trust me, it saved my Volvo.
DO NOT RELY 100% ON OUR LOCAL TECHNICIANS!!!!

thanks, is there any where u know i can get the OBD done?
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by sojioguns(m): 4:15am On Jun 30, 2009
Nowadays, a lot of workshops have the mobile OBD scanners. There is this place on Oba Akran (Bomaco) ,where they do computerised wheel balancing and alignment. Theirs is N10,000. There is another place on the express (Once you turn into the express from 7up, the first Conoil filling station on your right) Theirs is N5,000. Just make sure the scanner is OBDII compatible. On the other hand, with the kind of car you have, you can purchase one off the net for about $250.
Re: INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 by chelseabmw(m): 10:53pm On Sep 04, 2010
[b]@poster
did u fix up ur car?[/b
]

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Mechanics Freak Out Once U put Your Car Battery On The Floor / The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" / How Good Is BMW X5 2003 (DIESEL 3.0d)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.