Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! (18559 Views)

Foreigners Come For A Nigerian Who Claimed Chibok Girls Kidnap Is A Scam / Chibok Girls’ Matter Is A Scam – Omatsola Williams, WOWICCN National President / Don’t Befriend PDP Politicians Who Defected To APC – CAC Prophet Warns Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by adeoladele(m): 10:41am On Jan 12, 2016
MY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH COOPERATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION
I created an account on CAC portal at services.CAC.gov.ng for registration of my company, I was asked to pay a token of 500 naira for name availability with two names option I made the payment in Diamond bank through REMITA platform the name was denied in the first attempt while they approved it in second attempt with the same process.
I proceeded to pre- registration with the same portal platform, I fill all required information after completion, REMITA reference number was generated for the payment of registration with a fee of #10, 000 which I paid to REMITA through Stanbic bank . CAC refused to confirm my payment on the platform, I made a call to the portal customer care, I was told to go to the CAC office at YABA
On the second day I went to the said place with my international passport, two passport, receipt of REMITA for both reservation of name and registration thinking I will continue my registration from the office, to my great surprise, I was told to go to the account section to confirm the receipt, after confirmation on CAC system, it was said that the receipt is valid but cannot be accepted because the receipt did not indicate my proposed company name.
At this point I knew I was in trouble as I tried to explain how the whole process went but the staff attending to me insisted that was the instruction, I started begging him that I just lost my job, it took me a month to raise the money, he later said I should go and see the zonal head that he is the only one that can help in this situation, on getting to the zonal head office I met the staff chatting as if they were in a market, after pushing me from one officer to another I had to spend about 30-45mins before his secretary could attended to me, she collected my documents and went inside “Oga’s “ office, after 15mins she came back and told me her boss said he doesn’t know anything about online registration and he can’t help that I should write for refund. At this moment I was so helpless.

Both customer service numbers on the portal is switched off, I sent email personally to the portal administrator no acknowledgment, no response.

MY QUESTIONS
1. Is online registration a fraud?
2. Is it possible for the CAC Yaba Zonal head not to know anything about online registration
3. In Nigeria of today is it possible for federal government to refund money.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by ify84(m): 11:01am On Jan 12, 2016
Hands folded, waiting

2 Likes

Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by springer: 5:26pm On Jan 12, 2016
A lots of legal fraud especially in the aspect of online payment. Each and everytime I try to do name search they deduct 500 from my account and later say the name is not vailable despite the fact that I'm a registerred agent.

3 Likes

Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:41pm On Jan 12, 2016
Guy that thing tire me oh,
All available names taken

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by adeoladele(m): 12:36pm On Jan 13, 2016
Please how I contact portal admin straight
springer:
A lots of legal fraud especially in the aspect of online payment. Each and everytime I try to do name search they deduct 500 from my account and later say the name is not vailable despite the fact that I'm a registerred agent.
Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by Stephywayne: 1:46am On Jul 03, 2018
Okay personally my experience was really good. I'm not done yet but I used the generated RRR no and paid 500 and it was approved as I got the receipt from the bank, An availability code was given in some kind of online receipt stating my name will be kept for 60 days but not that I have previously searched for names months ago even before I thought of registering and it's really possible for names to have been taken. I guess they are more aware now about the whole online process tho

4 Likes

Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by Nobody: 2:01am On Jul 03, 2018
My experience was bad. Paid the 500 naira for the name search. First attempt was unsuccessful. Did a second attempt and until this moment, no reply. I didn't even bother calling them. I called it quits. It's been over a year now, I can't really remember all the details anymore.

1 Like

Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by overseasnbeyond: 2:29am On Jul 03, 2018
adeoladele:
I created an account on CAC portal at services.CAC.gov.ng for registration of my company, I was asked to pay a token of 500 naira for name availability with two names option I made the payment in Diamond bank through REMITA platform the name was denied in the first attempt while they approved it in second attempt with the same process.
I proceeded to pre- registration with the same portal platform, I fill all required information after completion, REMITA reference number was generated for the payment of registration with a fee of #10, 000 which I paid to REMITA through Stanbic bank . CAC refused to confirm my payment on the platform, I made a call to the portal customer care, I was told to go to the CAC office at YABA
On the second day I went to the said place with my international passport, two passport, receipt of REMITA for both reservation of name and registration thinking I will continue my registration from the office, to my great surprise, I was told to go to the account section to confirm the receipt, after confirmation on CAC system, it was said that the receipt is valid but cannot be accepted because the receipt did not indicate my proposed company name.
At this point I knew I was in trouble as I tried to explain how the whole process went but the staff attending to me insisted that was the instruction, I started begging him that I just lost my job, it took me a month to raise the money, he later said I should go and see the zonal head that he is the only one that can help in this situation, on getting to the zonal head office I met the staff chatting as if they were in a market, after pushing me from one officer to another I had to spend about 30-45mins before his secretary could attended to me, she collected my documents and went inside “Oga’s “ office, after 15mins she came back and told me her boss said he doesn’t know anything about online registration and he can’t help that I should write for refund. At this moment I was so helpless.

Both customer service numbers on the portal is switched off, I sent email personally to the portal administrator no acknowledgment, no response.

MY QUESTIONS
2. Is it possible for the CAC Yaba Zonal head not to know anything about online registration

I can testify that the CAC online registration is not a scam.
Few weeks to depart Naija last year, i read on nairaland about how to do the registration online and immediately visited the site to verify starting from my proposed company name. One was approved In less than 3 hours and i proceeded in paying the 10k with my ATM card through remita. Having done that, i printed the paper works and located the nearest CAC close to me. Few mistakes i made
1. Payment was made in my name but should be in the approved company's name.
Solution you can edit online yourself with little stress.
2. My paper works were printed in black and white , but got rejected
Solution. I took it back home to use my coloured printer especially the front page with the logo. One guy was outside selling the front page
3. Get together all certificates incase of professional related company like health, schools etc
4.Make copies of each in two files. There is always a desk officer to check at the entrance and dont forget your passport photograph.with any two government identification cards.
With all these boldly request to see the admin.officer and be ready to part with phone call tips to do follow up.
Three weeks after, i was called to pick my certificate.
The online stuff is good but they will try to frustrate you to patronize the lawyers who often time conspire with the officers but once you are ready to give tips, you will get it done.
TIPS is part of the system, dont be deceived!

My lawyer collected 80k with nothing to show while i spent 15,500 to do it myself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by Godhelpme2017: 6:09am On Jul 03, 2018
I don't know about your experience but I did mine with ease. I initially had issues with name registration but everything was done perfectly and I am not in Nigeria.
Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 03, 2018
adeoladele:

MY QUESTIONS

But it works. It is cheaper and all you needed to do was follow simple instructions. I am not surprised you lost your job.

The man telling you he does not know anything about online payment is one of the disgruntled people who are resisting the new way of registration.
Most transactions done on Remitta are government related or that of a properly vetted private company.

2 Likes

Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by tolani4real: 10:10am On Jul 04, 2018
overseasnbeyond:

I can testify that the CAC online registration is not a scam.
Few weeks to depart Naija last year, i read on nairaland about how to do the registration online and immediately visited the site to verify starting from my proposed company name. One was approved In less than 3 hours and i proceeded in paying the 10k with my ATM card through remita. Having done that, i printed the paper works and located the nearest CAC close to me. Few mistakes i made
1. Payment was made in my name but should be in the approved company's name.
Solution you can edit online yourself with little stress.
2. My paper works were printed in black and white , but got rejected
Solution. I took it back home to use my coloured printer especially the front page with the logo. One guy was outside selling the front page
3. Get together all certificates incase of professional related company like health, schools etc
4.Make copies of each in two files. There is always a desk officer to check at the entrance and dont forget your passport photograph.with any two government identification cards.
With all these boldly request to see the admin.officer and be ready to part with phone call tips to do follow up.
Three weeks after, i was called to pick my certificate.
The online stuff is good but they will try to frustrate you to patronize the lawyers who often time conspire with the officers but once you are ready to give tips, you will get it done.
TIPS is part of the system, dont be deceived!

My lawyer collected 80k with nothing to show while i spent 15,500 to do it myself.
Thanks for the post. I am trying to do it myself too. I made payment for company registration yesterday. Also I paid for stamp duty.

Do I need to take my printed documents to a lawyer or Commissioner of oaths to sign or what do I need to do.
Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by overseasnbeyond: 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2018
tolani4real:

Thanks for the post. I am trying to do it myself too. I made payment for company registration yesterday. Also I paid for stamp duty.

Do I need to take my printed documents to a lawyer or Commissioner of oaths to sign or what do I need to do.
No sir, there is always a front desk officer responsible for checking all your documents before submission, you have to be patient to see him/her to check your papers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by denko(m): 1:04pm On Jul 04, 2018
I have successfully registered businesses on that portal, i think the issues are maybe you are not too good at the processes and others. it actually more than just browsing and computer literacy. ensure to generate your remita from the portal of the registration not outside the portal THIS IS KEY TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL REG.

1 Like

Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by Malawian(m): 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2018
adeoladele:

MY QUESTIONS

The online fraud i know is the online registration for Drivers License. After doing the online registration and paying the 7k fee at First bank, when i went for "capturing" was when i knew that dem don chop me. I had to pay another 10k to them at their office for manual one. Although mine was for expedited registration.
Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by Kingrshd: 11:23am On May 06, 2019
my own problem was that during registration I waned to register a business name and instead I choose company with limited at the end of the name ..

so I send them
mail to change my classification from company to business name and since then no reply please what can I do
Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by Saao(m): 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
adeoladele:

MY QUESTIONS

for your first question, cac online registration is not fraud. Second question, the online is done from the head office in Abuja is possible she knew nothing about it. You could ask for refund I once in ur shoe but I contacted a professional here who later help me to complete the process with 4 days, although I paid him additional 20k.
Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by LawLord247: 6:34am On Feb 26, 2020
Free Consultation,Contact us now.

Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by BlackfireX: 8:43am On Feb 26, 2020
One day the Chinese will tell us that they have bought this country....

That they give us 6 months to pack our things and go...

Very possible
Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by denko(m): 9:17am On Feb 26, 2020
Your challenge is knowledge gap on your path not online as u claimed. I have registered several companies. Whenever remita is not generated within your portal don't make payment ensure you are in your portal of registration while generating your remita.
Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by SciLab: 9:18am On Feb 26, 2020
CAC is one big fraudulent organization. They are only angry that you didn't bring the physical cash to them prior to registration.

They will go TV and radios telling us about seamless online registrations and Do-it-yourself procedures but when you get to their office, they'll tell you that you can't do it yourself and link you to corrupt 'charge-and-bail' lawyers as 'Accredited agents' who are also part of the racket.

Thieves everywhere.

Report them to SERVICOM and Customer protection council.
Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by wwwihy: 9:24am On Feb 26, 2020
Personally it is not a fraud.

I have registered and incorporated 5 companies for myself and friends.
Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by Raddie(m): 10:56am On Feb 26, 2020
No & Yes to questions 1, 2 & 3.
Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by darlingbobo(m): 6:07pm On Feb 26, 2020
I had the same experience. Since September last year (2019) till now, they did not refund me.
Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by adedoyen: 3:44pm On Apr 01, 2020
Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me. I am kind of stuck with my company registration. Everything was going smoothly until there was a service outage about 2 Fridays ago and it was restored last weekend.
The problem I have now is every time I fill in the dates of birth, and try to do a review, the dates go back a day. for example, if the date of birth is 1982/05/20, it goes back to 1982/05/19 all the time for the presenter, directors and the secretary. I have emailed the helpdesk but I haven't gotten any reply. Does anyone know what I can do or if this really matters? Thank you
Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by ememibies: 1:44am On May 04, 2020
Contact Evg Business for your:

1. Business Name Registration From 15,000
2. Company Registration From 45,000
3. NGO Registration From 95,000
4. Seal From 2,000
Office Address: Suite D2 Kuriftu plaza by ecobank Jabi, Abuja.
Get your Certificate in 5 days.
Registration and Delivery is Nationwide

Instagram: Evg Business
Phone Number/Whatsapp: 08100612408
Email: ememibies@gmail.com
Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by dnawah(m): 5:46am On May 04, 2020
adedoyen:
Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me. I am kind of stuck with my company registration. Everything was going smoothly until there was a service outage about 2 Fridays ago and it was restored last weekend.
The problem I have now is every time I fill in the dates of birth, and try to do a review, the dates go back a day. for example, if the date of birth is 1982/05/20, it goes back to 1982/05/19 all the time for the presenter, directors and the secretary. I have emailed the helpdesk but I haven't gotten any reply. Does anyone know what I can do or if this really matters? Thank you
then put 21th to go back to 20th,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by manuelreports: 6:33am On May 04, 2020
They all have Consultancy and Registration Company who charges up to 20,000 for business name Registration. It is a deliberate act to discourage Registration on their portal to keep raking money. This is Nigeria for you.
Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by Pathman(m): 6:49am On May 19, 2020
I created my account to register a biz name which started with name search. A 12 digit RRR code was generated. My question now is that can my gtb internet platform be used for the payment?
Re: WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! by ememibies: 9:11pm On Jun 13, 2020
Contact us for your Business, Company, NGO/Foundation, and Trademark Registration

Business Name: 16,500
Limited Liability Company: 45,000
NGO/Foundation: 95,000
Trademark: 58,000
Company Seal 3,000

Nationwide Delivery
Get your Certificate in 5 Working Days

Call or chat us up on Whatsapp
08100612408/08128057533
Ememibies@gmail.com

Or visit us at
No 2 Kuriftu plaza, Jabi, Abuja
Or
Ministers quarters, Mabushi, Abuja

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers / Africa Contributes Only 3% Of Greenhouse Emissions – Ngozi Okonjo-iweala / Mary Odili Denies Working With Tribunal Judges To Favour Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.