Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Discrimination Against Graduates From State Universities - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Discrimination Against Graduates From State Universities (19336 Views)

Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From / Why Employers Shouldn't Discriminate Against Graduates / Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discrimination Against Graduates From State Universities by Draxler: 10:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
vislabraye:

My brother . Wetin person go do ?
Person go stop being ignorant and realize that things are changing. Covenant is among the best in Nigeria, as much as it hurts a lot of people it's the truth.

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Against Graduates From State Universities by geedot: 12:56am On Jan 13, 2016
Draxler:
Person go stop being ignorant and realize that things are changing. Covenant is among the best in Nigeria, as much as it hurts a lot of people it's the truth.
Not everyone online is worth replying..
I keep wondering why most people think Covenant University is not there academically. It's very obvious the School will take over Nigeria in few years to come leaving only "few" Federal Unis that would worth comparing her with.
The School is just few years old and has already reached this height, just can't imagine what the School would be like in 20yrs time.
UIte btw!

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Against Graduates From State Universities by LoneRanger12(m): 2:08am On Jan 13, 2016
Craven:
Hello watzz

Look at it this way. This FMCG firm is a private outfit looking to employ people to be a part of their company. They would train these people, pay their remuneration, take care of health insurance, and offer other benefits. Considering all these things, do you honestly think this firm will not exercise their right to pick the caliber of people they want to employ? It might seem unfair, but it is not wrong. If I am investing in someone, I have the right to pick the kind of person I want to invest in.

The fact that graduates of other schools are ignored does not in any way mean they are the inferior class of graduates. It only means this FMCG firm will miss out on all the incredible people these other universities offer. And it seems that is a risk they are willing to take. So why then should anyone waste their time wailing about this firm's decision?

The reality is no one owes anyone anything in the job market. If you feel you are being discriminated against, look elsewhere. It's that simple. Complaining about it is just an utter waste of time.
Its been long I've seen a post so eloquently drafted and yet, precise and accurate. Kudos bro!!! And also, u've said it all on the subject matter.

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Against Graduates From State Universities by seunfape(m): 10:13pm On Jan 13, 2016
no UNI of Agric. bad company.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N-Power Extended To 31 Of August 2016. Photo: / Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? / Ncdmb Calling For OSMERT Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.