Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? (3836 Views)

Wife Introduction: My Mum Insists On Pregnancy First / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It / My Elder Brother's Wife Beat My Mum (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 12, 2016
Le t me summarise it.

Went to visit my mum with my wife.didn't meet her at home,because she went to a party nearby.

My wife and i went to meet her there.while i carried my wife's bag.while she carried her small bag,and the gift she bought for her.

Was in office today when mum called me specifically to tell me never to see me again carrying my wife's bag. That it makes me less of a man. She was in the midst of her friends at the party.

I just cut the call,and i have been brooding over that since.

Is she right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by kilode100(f): 2:38pm On Jan 12, 2016
You sef!!
Why you wan put your innocent wife for trouble??

Your Mum is right!!

My hubby washes my pants and Bra and other household utensils which is normal thing to do.. But doing such things outside sends wrong signals.

My hubby goes down on me, do you think his mother will like that kain thing?

You no do well Nna. Abi she don cook efo-riro for you chop??
Think am o..

22 Likes

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by Lollipop247(f): 2:48pm On Jan 12, 2016
Lol, your mama na old school. She no sabi the new PDA. grin

4 Likes

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by Cutehector(m): 2:49pm On Jan 12, 2016
Kilode cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by vault(m): 2:52pm On Jan 12, 2016
lolz..... she right dude,,

ladies of nowadays are completely opposites of their mothers.
you can notice the silly one above me undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by PresVA: 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2016
You made the mistake of not calling your mum to order before cutting the call..

Tell her it's what you love doing and the woman no use juju hold you. . Tell her she's your wife and you can do anything for her... you can also go on to explain that your wife had too many bags hence you decided to help..

When a husband treats his wife rightly, na juju the woman use hold am... nawa oo... You'll see so many husbands who desire doing 'stuffs' for their wives deter or even give up because of what people will tag them...

A priest in my parish will always tell men that when other men or people ridicule you because of good stuffs you do for your wife/family, they ridicule you because they can't have the kind of lovely family you've got! They're so jealous in their minds! Some of them will be jealous that you're always running home to your wife/family instead of staying in the bar and drinking hence they end up mocking you to feel good about themselves. ..

My husband carries my handbag often especially when I have put so many things in it and it's heavy! I see nothing wrong with it!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by ronald4lif(m): 3:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
Nothing wrong with assisting your wifey by carrying her handbags. Mumsy is old school and isn't in tune with present act of romance existing between couple. Such was considered awkward in her time so don't blame her.

10 Likes

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by Ginaz(f): 3:03pm On Jan 12, 2016
You see? This is what causes disunity in the home. O.P, there is no place in the bible that says you can't carry your wife's bag. People are just sometimes so disillusioned about the right way of life. Will your mother be happy if her hands are filled with load and you are there but didn't give a helping hand? Will she say rather, you should not help her cos you're a man?

What you did was right! You and your wife are one hence should help each other in everything if possible. That doesn't makes you less of a man, it makes you responsible and reasonable above all, considerate.

So many women have lost pregnancies or face one stress or the other because the man will feel too masculine to be doing simple duties like( yam pounding, washing the dirty clothes, helping their wife during her pregnancy e.t,c)

O.P you did right.. Dont let your mother come between you and your wife cos you have left your mother's family to start your own family. You should stand firm in your family decisions irrespective of what other's think. Dont be moody, just forget about everything and never stop being helpful to your wife in any task if you can.

9 Likes

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 12, 2016
Funniest thing is that the bag is heavy,and she's pregnant.
I see no big deal carrying the bag for her cos of her condition.
My mum knows she's preggy.yet said such thing.
Women are indeed their own worst enemy.

15 Likes

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by Came: 3:23pm On Jan 12, 2016
Things not done in your own time will also look awkward to you . Don't blame mummy,and don't make people see your wife as bad. Behave like the Romans when you visit the Rome.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 12, 2016
kilode100:
You sef!!
Why you wan put your innocent wife for trouble??

Your Mum is right!!

My hubby washes my pants and Bra and other household utensils which is normal thing to do.. But doing such things outside sends wrong signals.

My hubby goes down on me, do you think his mother will like that kain thing?

You no do well Nna. Abi she don cook efo-riro for you chop??
Think am o..
she doesn't even wash sef. The laundry machine does the washing.aspa cooking,she does that,cos am not a great cook.
Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by kilode100(f): 3:32pm On Jan 12, 2016
Yomieluv:
she doesn't even wash sef. The laundry machine does the washing.aspa cooking,she does that,cos am not a great cook.

I prefer hand wash because of the lace trimmings and all..
Guy, code yourself biko!

2 Likes

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by PresVA: 3:39pm On Jan 12, 2016
Yomieluv:

In as much I don't support your mum's view.. you should take it easy on her because that was probably her own perception. . You should have gently explained to her instead of hanging the phone on her...

Also, it will be best if you don't tell ur wife what transpired between you and your mum so as not to breed enmity/ grudges. .

5 Likes

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 12, 2016
PresVA:
In as much I don't support your mum's view.. you should take it easy on her because that was probably her own perception. . You should have gently explained to her instead of hanging the phone on her...

Also, it will be best if you don't tell ur wife what transpired between you and your mum so as not to breed enmity/ grudges. .
i can't na.

Else the animosity won't end easily.

I love my mum.and cherish my wife.

5 Likes

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by jashar(f): 4:44pm On Jan 12, 2016
There's no right or wrong there.
I personally do not like a man carrying a female handbag. Don't mind me grin
I feel it's better to let the woman carry her handbag while the man assist with any other luggage the woman has.

My opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by Miami11: 5:38pm On Jan 12, 2016
Nothing wrong with a husband carrying a mere women's bag

For goodness sake, a bag is just a bag,

For those saying a man should not carry a woman's bag What's the big deal, suppose the bag is kept in a nylon paper and given to hubby, he will still carry it,

Why do we Place value to meaningless stuff, carrying a bag is carrying a bag irregardless of the kind of bag or whoever owns the bag.

Most mother in laws are there sons keepers. If that was her biological daughters husband carrying the bag you would not have heard the fuse, instead you would hear how good he is.

8 Likes

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by austine4real(m): 5:46pm On Jan 12, 2016
Picture of u carryin a bag or i dnt believe u
Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
Hehehehe. Your mum is just old skool. Nothing wrong in carry your wife's heavy bag and she is even pregnant.

1 Like

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by isokey: 8:37pm On Jan 12, 2016
My brother, Nothing is wrong with what you did. It shows the respect and love you have for her. Some MIL sha..... smh. I'm sure she would have seen nothing wrong, if it was her son-in-law that carried her daughter's handbag.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by ivyT(f): 8:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
vault:
lolz..... she right dude,,

ladies of nowadays are completely opposites of their mothers.
you can notice the silly one above me undecided

guy u harsh o..u can notice the intelligent post below u

1 Like

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by tpia1billion: 9:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
Mothers, please raise your sons to understand the art of diplomacy.

I am tired of these types of petty threads being used to waste bandspace.

what type of idiot doesnt know not to carry his wife's bag in front of his mother at a party and even opened a thread on nl about it?

if a baby is involved, thats different. If its just a regular handbag that you carry all the time for your wife when your mother is not there, then for goodness sake dont carry it when your mother is around!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by Miami11: 9:43pm On Jan 12, 2016
tpia1billion:

what type of idiot doesnt know not to carry his wife's bag in front of his mother at a party and even opened a thread on nl about it?

if a baby is involved, thats different. If its just a regular handbag that you carry all the time for your wife when your mother is not there, then for goodness sake dont carry it when your mother is around!

Who are this mothers, that people have to hide or dodge them even to do a simple task like carrying their wife's bag, are mothers God now, even people don't hide from God.

Instead of advising poster to educate his mom, you are busy mis advising him not to do the necessary.

3 Likes

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by Nobody: 5:51am On Jan 13, 2016
tpia1billion:

who lets the dog out? Wooh! Wooh!!

4 Likes

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by homesteady(m): 7:55am On Jan 13, 2016
tpia1billion:

Tpia 1 of Nairaland grin
Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by JoyPaulLaw(m): 8:06am On Jan 13, 2016
Imagine someone who is going to carry my baby for 9months in her stomach and the pains she's gona go through during childbirth and mama saying ds....Don't ever carry her bag......Mama Nooooooo. Na for mama face I go carry my wife, pikin and luggage.

3 Likes

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by Vikky014(f): 8:08am On Jan 13, 2016
Yomieluv:

Your mum is just jealous of your wiffy

women and jealousy is like bread and butter

please call her to order you are married for christsake!™ and dnt tell your wife wht ur mum told you about carrying the bag
Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 13, 2016
JoyPaulLaw:
Imagine someone who is going to carry my baby for 9months in her stomach and the pains she's gona go through during childbirth and mama saying ds....Don't ever carry her bag......Mama Nooooooo. Na for mama face I go carry my wife, pikin and luggage.
i bow for women.imagine what my mum said. I find it difficult to believe she said that knowing her condition;
Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by VintageCocktail(m): 9:00am On Jan 13, 2016
Yomieluv:
i bow for women.imagine what my mum said. I find it difficult to believe she said that knowing her condition;
Mum didn't come up with that; she, probably is relaying what her friends and those around her at the party told her.
It is left for you to decipher if Mum can say something like that.

1 Like

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by Acidosis(m): 9:21am On Jan 13, 2016
There are certain things you don't do in the presence of people.

A female poster said her hubby washes her pants and bra (I won't do this certainly and I'm sure my wife will never demand such or allow me to..), but will the same hubby wash such in his mother or father's presence?

Assuming you wash your wife's underwear, would you be proud to do such in the presence of your friends or landlord? and even walk to the line to hang them with pegs?

Carrying a woman's bag is not wrong, but it can be done in a wrong place/scenario.

Nobody will kill you if you wash underwear or carry a woman's pink bag; but nobody will kill you if you don't, and you're likely to command better respect.

4 Likes

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by JoyPaulLaw(m): 9:49am On Jan 13, 2016
Yomieluv:

Well, for me I think Our moms in those days are used to their hubbys bossing them around.....no matter how hard u try to convince them, they may not accept it.....just be a kinda bossy when u are wt ur mom (just some stunt....that makes most mom feels their son is in control) but always treat her as Ur queen!

Treating your wife as a queen is a sure bet for quick blessings and breakthrough

2 Likes

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 13, 2016
Yomieluv:
Le t me summarise it.

Went to visit my mum with my wife.didn't meet her at home,because she went to a party nearby.

My wife and i went to meet her there.while i carried my wife's bag.while she carried her small bag,and the gift she bought for her.

Was in office today when mum called me specifically to tell me never to see me again carrying my wife's bag. That it makes me less of a man. She was in the midst of her friends at the party.

I just cut the call,and i have been brooding over that since.

Is she right?

Sometimes you need to be wise to enjoy a peaceful & stress free life

Yomi you already know the type of mother that you have
You didnt only meet her yesterday
You know her mindset about certain things
So you should have known that she will take offence to seeing you carrying your wives bag

What you dont understand is that its your wife that your mum will blame at the end of the day & not you and you have/are only opening doors for conflict and its your wife that will get the brunt of it.
There is already enough stress in marriage without adding MIL wahala to it.

In future pls be wise round certain people especially if you already know their mindset about certain things. Some people don't count and they can go to hell, but some people do. You cant tell your mum to go to hell.

When certain people come to our house and they request swallow, if my husband is around he helps me because I cant turn swallow for more than 4 people at a time and I will have to do it in 2 pots if its more than 4 people.

We shut the kitchen door, I bring out the big pot and he helps me turn the amala/poundo while I add the powder and water.
When its done, I dish it and take it out to the table and no one knows that he is the one who actually did it
He is protecting me from wagging tongues and "she has turned him to gbewudani" mentality.

Some people come and we all enter kitchen together
It depends on the people involved.
Life is too short to start and maintain unnecessary conflict that could have been avoided in the first instance.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is My Mum Right To Have Said This? by Exponental(m): 11:43am On Jan 13, 2016
why do women carry handbag in the first place? Isn't it part of their dressing? Pls, in public, carrying your wife's bag is not love, you're making her dressing incomplete. it's as good as wearing part of her makeup on yourself. If she doesn't need to carry the bag, she won't, as many women don't enjoy it. Carry every other thing but not handbag. You can hold onto it, help her move it but not carry it for her while u walk together. mum was right!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Men Cheat? / How To Avoid Paying 10% Estate Fees / Premier Movies To Watch Out For This Festive Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.