Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

It Is Better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor" - Abuja Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor" - Abuja Pastor (618 Views)

'9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi / Omamen Iyawe Slumps, Dies In Church In Abuja (Pastor Idahosa Iyawe's Wife) / "Man Dies In Coffin After Abuja Pastor Paid Him N500k For Miracle Scam" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor" - Abuja Pastor by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
Pastor Sunday Ogidigbo, preached about giving today in a serial message titled Wisdom for 2016, the Pastor of the HolyHill Church based in Abuja delivered a profound teaching on the subject of giving. Touching the subject of giving, the Pastor made a noteworthy remark, which may find hard for many to chew, he said that ‘it is better to give to the Poor than to give to your Pastor’. He also condemned those who give to others before taking care of family, describing it as an act of folly. Find below excepts from the sermon:

1. “The best time to give is when you don’t have” “Giving MUST begin at home”
2. It is easier to give to strangers. Some people spend all their salaries to impress others outside
3. If you’re rich and they can’t see the signs on your family, you’re a fool. How can you have relatives, you have money and you don’t give? Break the bank while your relatives are alive. Charity begins at home
4. Giving to people who cannot give you back, is a very fertile ground
5. The attitude with which you give is as important as the gift you give. Give cheerfully
6. If you go to church & they say empty your pocket, don’t do it. Nobody should manipulate you into giving. Give with a conviction. In giving, be systematic. Don’t be irrational
7. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares ~ Heb.13v2. Don’t let bad testimonials of encounters with strangers scare you from being kind to strangers ~
8. It is better to give to the poor than to your pastor
9. In giving to even your family, give what you can give while you build your capacity. 2 people in a well can’t help themselves
10. Be grateful that you can give. Your seed will speak for you in the day of trouble

Pastor Sunday Ogidigbo is the Senior Pastor of HolyHill Church out of Wuse II in Abuja.
http://www.thewhistleng.com/it-is-better-to-give-to-the-poor-than-to-your-pastor-must-read-sermon-on-giving/#sthash.pQKiuue1.gbpl

1 Like

Re: It Is Better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor" - Abuja Pastor by politricks: 4:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
This guy wants to spoil business for the Oyedepo's and co.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor" - Abuja Pastor by ambassadorgozie(m): 4:24pm On Jan 12, 2016
I fully support d pastor..

Its nt gud to call names @poster above
Re: It Is Better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor" - Abuja Pastor by Baawaa(m): 4:46pm On Jan 12, 2016
Give as your spirit man direct you,either your pastor or the poor
Re: It Is Better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor" - Abuja Pastor by johnydon22(m): 5:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
100% better.. I don't understand how we have something to give away, we give it to people who already have it even more than we do instead of people who do not have it at all..

why should one buy a jeep for a MOG with 4 private jets when there are people such amount can change their lives for good..

If your pastor or GO is richer than the people he pastors, ask yourselves; "Is he here to help us or are we the one here to help him...?"

The pastors go around preaching abandonment of earthly riches and stashing up riches in heaven at the same time they are stinking rich here on earth, isn't it time to wonder if they really believe what they preach?

This pastor is highly commendable.. #Respect!!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Is Better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor" - Abuja Pastor by HCpaul(m): 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2016
Well done bro... But i still choose to love Oyedepo... Don't ask me why- Because i said so.
Re: It Is Better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor" - Abuja Pastor by udumosam23(m): 7:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
Gud, at least now I know I have a friend. Pastors now digging deeper truth. I like your position and I stand with you on this.
Re: It Is Better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor" - Abuja Pastor by mrZENographer: 10:45am On Jan 13, 2016
Let not argue this:
Give as you are led.
You can give the poor but do not neglect to give the pastor. "He that giveth to the prophet in the name of the prophet shall receive a prophets reward" (Book of Matthew).

And we all knw that the heavenly reward of faithful servants of God is GREAT. And the bible says if you give them, you shall also receive a reward like the prophets.
Sho, we should be wise oooo grin
Re: It Is Better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor" - Abuja Pastor by ifenes(m): 10:57am On Jan 13, 2016
Must it be until a boy in suit says it before it sinks deep into people's minds? The poor should be prioritized over any religious belief.

(1) (Reply)

Sleep On Soldiers Of Christ. / Be right back / Listen To This Song... It's REALLY Crazy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.