Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP (13670 Views)

APC Conducted An Online Assessment Polls Of Their Performance (see Results) / IGP Idris Promotes Policemen Who Killed Notorious "Vampire" In Imo State (photo) / Psychiatric Test On Police Officers In Lagos: Police Medical Team Arrives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by Sanchez01: 7:25am On Jan 13, 2016
gamaliel121:

Our police men should not be allowed to move with guns?? Bro am not sure that's a good one...

It is, trust me. Nigerians have this weird mentality of submitting to the police, either guilty or not, and also find out how many Nigerian policemen has ever shot anyone from a long range. Truth is, the carrying of guns has caused more harm than good. I'd recommend that the IGP make a move for tazers; that way, whoever is tazed, though would be down a while, would still have the opportunity to live and explain what led to being tazed from his/her viewpoint. If you ask me, the difference between Boko Haram as a deadly sect and the Nigerian Police Force is not much; they're both psychopaths, just that one prefers to operate without identity while the other would do his with his uniform and get away.

Guns should be given to special policemen. Take for example, a special squad set up for busting criminals. What am I even saying sef? We're in Nigeria and we know our policemen would hover around a crime scene area for about an hour before arriving at the crime scene just to avoid confrontation with thieves upon hearing several shots.

1 Like

Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by lordsd(m): 7:25am On Jan 13, 2016

1 Like

Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by Lobolintin(m): 7:25am On Jan 13, 2016
Hahahaha 20 NAIRA bribe ,

I pity our health sector, PGA minister no free,they will corrupt your sector with 20 naiara ooo
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by idrismadaki: 7:26am On Jan 13, 2016
I have never seen a policeman that said the truth like you.
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by Chinwem(f): 7:32am On Jan 13, 2016
Sanchez01:
They would all pass! Where the madness come from is the gun they carry about. Most have never even had the opportunity to squeeze the trigger before and they would cherish every bit of opportunity to do so. The IG alonside the FG should start considering the use of tazers. Our policemen should not be allowed to move with guns!

Even the tasers they will abuse!!
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by lalaboi(m): 7:33am On Jan 13, 2016
This is very needed.

Just lastweek, a police man called me a thief and a rat. . why?>

He claimed i ran a red light which i didnt. he wanted to enter my car and i refused and told him i had a camera inside. . na so the guy start to dey call me all sorts o. .

After arguing for about 20mins. They insisted i followed them to the station to go write statement. . . state for wetin lol. . It was 6am and i was heading to work . . I gave them 400 naira and they and they let me go. . . sad
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by disloman(m): 7:34am On Jan 13, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]Hmmm
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by ijustdey: 7:56am On Jan 13, 2016
if this will reduce the number of accidental discharge from a policeman rifle

then it's a welcome development
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by kenendo55(m): 8:00am On Jan 13, 2016
In adequate manpower is the major problem facing the NPF today.when i made enquiry,2011 was the last time recruitment into the Nigerian police force was conducted.why should this so compared with the teaming population of crime?
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by mindtricks: 8:04am On Jan 13, 2016
The Nigerian Police officers will not only need Psychiatric tests, but more importantly also need Psychiatric homes as sometimes they are completely lost in wild lunacy!
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by lumeneng22: 8:11am On Jan 13, 2016
AND POLITICIANS.
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by Obiwiz(m): 8:22am On Jan 13, 2016
Solid move. But please no sacred cows o. Even oga IG should also avail himself for the screening.
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by zudozz: 8:30am On Jan 13, 2016
99% of them ll fail d test..
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by andyanders: 8:49am On Jan 13, 2016
That will be nice. The IG is now thinking in the right direction. Many of these officers needs reformation and what the IG has just stated will go a long way if Nigerian attitude is not applied in the exercise whereby they will still collect money and give them a clean report of finding.
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by Kgdavid(m): 8:57am On Jan 13, 2016
Sanchez01:
They would all pass! Where the madness come from is the gun they carry about. Most have never even had the opportunity to squeeze the trigger before and they would cherish every bit of opportunity to do so. The IG alonside the FG should start considering the use of tazers. Our policemen should not be allowed to move with guns!

You guys have determined to tire me on nairaland. Sir, do armed robbers operate with tasers? The security response of any country should match its unique security challenge.
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 8:58am On Jan 13, 2016
Etizz:
Not just psychiatric test alone oh....

They should also go for spiritual test and proper deliverance.....

you took the words out of my mouth there guy man... They are all possessed with some strange spirits.

1 Like

Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by Ejanla11(m): 9:32am On Jan 13, 2016
i think most of the ladies of this generation need to go through same test cos of the way they dress grin grin
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by mrspeaker: 9:38am On Jan 13, 2016
The NPF would continue to remain where they are until its institution change their colonial mentality. how can a policeman work round the clock

without going for atleast 2days time off and beside they have what they call bit after work they resume there to continue hustling without

resting, are they robot? The love of money no let them take care of themselves but to drink mixture and smoke weed because they belive say

money go come thru illegal arrest and road block inside hot sun. why them no go dey misbehave? make them put strict measure to control

their madness before they kill everyone for road finish in the name of accidental discharge. May God deliver them all.
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by Sanchez01: 9:40am On Jan 13, 2016
Kgdavid:

You guys have determined to tire me on nairaland. Sir, do armed robbers operate with tasers? The security response of any country should match its unique security challenge.
No! Armed robbers do not use tazers. But let's be frank with ourselves, other than the heavy attacks some robbers executed towards banks and other organisations, you hardly hear of robbers killing people unnecessarily, unlike Nigerian policemen who delight in shooting at whatever questions why their shoes are dusty. In my opinion, ONLY SPECIAL police groups, such as criminal depts and crime busting department groups should be allowed to walk the streets with guns. Just like Christiane Amanpour of CNN said sometimes ago while interviewing the immediate past President of Nigeria, "reports have shown that uniformed men have killed people in the past one year than the Boko Haram group". Question is, has it changed ever since then? NO!

1 Like

Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by nigeriancuban: 9:50am On Jan 13, 2016
Sanchez01:
I agree with you 100%,what's the gun use when they will flee at the sound of fireworks talkless of gunshot..they should be made to hold bartons and tasers but (lol) I pitty the kind of headlines we will start seeing then,something like """Lekki zone 3 police officers beaten to comma by single handed 18yr old students""
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 13, 2016
TheFreeOne:
Our politicians should be given same treatment cos the way they behave and loot our resources is beyond normal.

RIGHT ANSWER
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by gemale(m): 12:00pm On Jan 13, 2016
Sanchez01:
My broda u took d words ryt out of my mouth. I've been trying 2 raise awareness 4 #disarmroadsidepolice bt so far it has been frustrating. Pple act lyk it doesn't concern dem. Pls lend ur support 2 dis initiative so dt we can @ least try in our own little way 2 make 9ja beta. Tnx
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by Kgdavid(m): 12:01pm On Jan 13, 2016
Sanchez01:

No! Armed robbers do not use tazers. But let's be frank with ourselves, other than the heavy attacks some robbers executed towards banks and other organisations, you hardly hear of robbers killing people unnecessarily, unlike Nigerian policemen who delight in shooting at whatever questions why their shoes are dusty. In my opinion, ONLY SPECIAL police groups, such as criminal depts and crime busting department groups should be allowed to walk the streets with guns. Just like Christiane Amanpour of CNN said sometimes ago while interviewing the immediate past President of Nigeria, "reports have shown that uniformed men have killed people in the past one year than the Boko Haram group". Question is, has it changed ever since then? NO!

Amanpour would have been referring to soldiers mainly.

1. Oga, take away their weapons and the police beill be as lambs led to the slaughter as robbers would target them for fun.

2. Once such happens, robbers would become way more daring and citizens would suffer.

3. Tasers can be used to effectively torment the civilian population. In fact it would be worse as the police could lock you up and torture you with little evidence left.

4. You say special groups of officers should be granted the right to bear arms and I ask, how do you determine who is worthy or not? The same method should used to determine the worthiness of the entire police force, and all who pass the test should bear their arms. Thisbis exactly what the IG is proposing.
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by gemale(m): 1:13pm On Jan 13, 2016
Chinwem:

Even the tasers they will abuse!!
@ least d worst wey go happen na make person piss/shite 4 body when dem use am.
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by fm7070: 1:20pm On Jan 13, 2016
long overdue
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by Raphael81(m): 4:11pm On Jan 13, 2016
dre11:

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/psychiatric-test-to-be-conducted-on-serving-policemen-recruits-igp/

it is a laudable development cos all policemen are either mad or partially mad, my colleagues inclusive
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 14, 2016
This is long overdue.Too many MAD PEOPLE IN THE POLICE FORCE.
Re: Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP by ayobase(m): 7:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
Sanchez01:

Tasers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Ayo Fayose Preaching In A Church (Video, Photos) / Vote Out Any Governor Against N30,000 As Minimum Wage, NLC Tells Workers / Amaechi: I Never Said Government Has Been Printing Money Since 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.