Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Beyond #ArmsProbe: The Need To Probe The Entire Defence Budget - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beyond #ArmsProbe: The Need To Probe The Entire Defence Budget (10708 Views)

Jonathan, Diezani Named In Italian ‘kickback’ Probe (the Guardian) / Probe The Reported Killing Of 150 Biafra Agitators – South East Senators / Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beyond #ArmsProbe: The Need To Probe The Entire Defence Budget by patrickmuf(m): 11:57am On Jan 13, 2016
Ngokafor:

....I am sorry for those hailing the lousy and hungry attention-seeking fraud called Tonyebarcanuster on his so-called 'new leaf'.when the clown was campaigning for Gej and running down buhari he didnt know that Gej was corrupt abi??..such a bundle of inconsistency.

...one day apc,next pdp cos he taught they will win,now back to apc cos they won instead..and i am supposed to take this clown serious??..funny undecided

...Guyman wey dey look for wetin to chop..rubbish! angry
I get your point but i'd advise that you look at the content of the message rather than the messenger...
Re: Beyond #ArmsProbe: The Need To Probe The Entire Defence Budget by obailala(m): 4:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
Wizprodigy:
N3trill...ion! God you really make me laugh. You have a yearly budget of about N4.07trillion and you spend 2/3 of it on arms, are you well so? When did jona spend that amount. Please use real stats not some bigoted formed stats okay. Did boko haram tell you they don't have sponsors? Have you ever buy fuel from the black market at a cheap price talk more of buying arms? It seems you don't know what you are talking about
I didn't even see this response earlier.

All these while I even thought I was arguing with someone who was at least a little bit informed. I Never knew I was arguing with someone who had absolutely no idea what the thread he's responding to is talking about. It's a shame!

A little extract from the main post FYI...
Entire Defence Budget of GEJ's Era Should Be probed...
With the revelation coming from the #DasukiGate, it appears that more is yet to be heard about the corruption practices that went unabated in the defence sector under the administration of Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. In Yar'adua's era, the highest Nigeria spent on Defence budget was N444.6 billion in 2008; That was the peak of militancy in the Niger Delta. His 2009 and 2010 defence budgets were N233billion and N264billion respectively. As President, Dr Jonathan's first defence budget shoot to N348billion in 2011. From 2012, the defence budget sky-rocketed by 300% to N922 billion(approx N1trillion). It was increased to N1.055 trillion in 2013 and N1.17trillion in 2014. Coincidentally, the periods of "trillion" budget were all presided by Colonel Sambo Dasuki as National Security Adviser.

The total budget under GEJ from 2011 to 2014 of ~N3.5trillion is what this thread was talking about; you could confirm the figures with a simple google search. Learn to educate yourself and establish what a discussion is all about before you step in with funny arguments.
Re: Beyond #ArmsProbe: The Need To Probe The Entire Defence Budget by Wizprodigy: 5:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
Pardon me for the misplacement. I thougt you were saying the 3 trillion was spent on a whole fiscal year, i don't know you were talking about the summation of all allocations under his administration.
obailala:
I didn't even see this response earlier.

All these while I even thought I was arguing with someone who was at least a little bit informed. I Never knew I was arguing with someone who had absolutely no idea what the thread he's responding to is talking about. It's a shame!

A little extract from the main post FYI...

The total budget under GEJ from 2011 to 2014 of ~N3.5trillion is what this thread was talking about; you could confirm the figures with a simple google search. Learn to educate yourself and establish what a discussion is all about before you step in with funny arguments.

In reference to one of your post you made mention of N.A figthing without arms, with that amount still spent, well you were wrong.
What were the N.A using to fight insurgency since 2010?
Have there being any purchase of arms since the inception of this administration?
If No, what are the military still using to fight?
February 2nd the general election was postponed for 6 weeks. What for and was there any positive effect?
If yes, what did the N.A used to fight?
Multinational tasks force were formed and monies have to be spent. Remember 8 months into these administration and not a single arms has been bought.
Re: Beyond #ArmsProbe: The Need To Probe The Entire Defence Budget by ejiinii: 6:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
If there is nothing to show for the money Jonathan spend on military what does the military use to technically defeat bolo haram

Why will a young man like you put all your energy on the pAst you are not asking your new found God why the economy is going from bad to worse

You support the apc arms purchase propaganda you are busted that is its a lie you want to start a new propaganda

All over the world security and defense budget are always in secret
Re: Beyond #ArmsProbe: The Need To Probe The Entire Defence Budget by Segadem(m): 12:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
segadem:
Kikikiki

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1,723 Contractors Received N70bn Without Mobilising To Site ―Reps / 11 People Slumped At APC Presidential Primary – Ambulance Operator / Edo State PDP Primary's Update: Ogbeide Ihama step down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.