Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,133 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian (10343 Views)

"Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian / The Origin Of Urhobo People / The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Efewestern: 6:47am On Jul 19, 2023
RedboneSmith
There’s nothing strange here. Aboh’s influence in the Isoko-Urhobo area is well-acknowledged. The ivie of Abraka and a number of other places in that axis were confirmed in office by the Obi of Aboh. The question is whether there’s a similar acknowledgment for the Nsukka zone. And the answer is no.

Ovie of Abraka confirmed in office by the Obi of Aboh? Slow down with historical twist. Of course there are exchanges between Aboh and Urhobo, but no Urhobo community was influenced by the Obi of Agboh. Infact, the ancestor of Orogun, Efe, helped the Obi of Aboh win one of their toughest battle.

The example clefstone gave was in faraway Uvwie, an Urhobo clan with no single link whatever with Aboh. The only ancestors recorded in Uvwie are internal Urhobo migrants & Ijaws.

His example explained how people of old settled anywhere they found themselves. Of course this is very much valid. In that same Effurun, there is a popular family name with Itsekiri origin. What happened is that once trade takes people somewhere, they settle down there and assimilate with the aboriginals.
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by RedboneSmith(m): 7:49am On Jul 19, 2023
Efewestern:

Ovie of Abraka confirmed in office by the Obi of Aboh

This is actually stated and recorded in history texts, including the works of renowned Isoko and Urhobo historians like the late Professor Obaro Ikime. The texts state that because Benin was quite far, it became fashionable for the Ovie of Abraka and some other ivie in that axis to obtain their confirmation from the Obi of Aboh whose domain was closer. I didn’t make it up. Look at your own historical records.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Efewestern: 8:43am On Jul 19, 2023
RedboneSmith:

This is actually stated and recorded in history texts, including the works of renowned Isoko and Urhobo historians like the late Professor Obaro Ikime. The texts state that because Benin was quite far, it became fashionable for the Ovie of Abraka and some other ivie in that axis to obtain their confirmation from the Obi of Aboh whose domain was closer. I didn’t make it up. Look at your own historical records.

Cite historical documents. Don't just say words, give valid references.

I'm very vast with history. There's no Urhobo/Isoko community that obtained confirmation from any Aboh king. Even receiving blessings from the Oba of Bini was mostly done by chiefs. Urhobo communities were fully autonomous.

The Abraka you cited is a border town to Aka (Bini), that's where it got its name from. Infact, Abraka was involved in a number of clashes with Bini. Why would Abraka, a town that is closer to Bini seek confirmation from an unrelated and faraway king from Aboh? Obi of Aboh has no single influence on any Urhobo clan. The only external king revered was/is the Oba of Bini.

clefstone gave you an example of how a name of Ndokwa/Ukwuani origin got into Uvwie, the next you could do is say Aboh had influence on Urhobo terrain. How? When?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by RedboneSmith(m): 10:21am On Jul 19, 2023
Efewestern:

Cite historical documents. Don't just say words, give valid references.

I'm very vast with history. There's no Urhobo/Isoko community that obtained confirmation from any Aboh king. Even receiving blessings from the Oba of Bini was mostly done by chiefs. Urhobo communities were fully autonomous.

The Abraka you cited is a border town to Aka (Bini), that's where it got its name from. Infact, Abraka was involved with a number of clashes with Bini. Why would Abraka, a town that is closer to Bini seek confirmation from an unrelated and faraway king from Aboh? Obi of Aboh has no single influence on any Urhobo clan. The only external king revered was/is the Oba of Bini.

clefstone gave you an example of how a name of Ndokwa/Ukwuani origin got into Uvwie, the next you could do is say Aboh had influence on Urhobo terrain. How? When?

Like I already said, those are not my words. Those were the words of historians and ethnographers who actually did work in the area. First screenshot, quote is from Professor Alagoa, and in the references he cited that the information was obtained in colonial times from the Abraka people themselves.

Screenshot Two is from Bradbury. In the 1950s when Bradbury was doing his research in the area, the practice was apparently still current.

I actually have more source materials in hard copy form but I don't have my books with me.

I am not making anything up. What I said is supported by historical literature. It is left for you to argue with the literature, not me. Also, Abraka is not a border town to Benin and is not closer to Benin than to Aboh.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Efewestern: 10:56am On Jul 19, 2023
RedboneSmith:

Like I already said, those are not my words. Those were the words of historians and ethnographers who actually did work in the area. First screenshot, quote is from Professor Alagoa, and in the references he cited that the information was obtained in colonial times from the Abraka people themselves.

Screenshot Two is from Bradbury. In the 1950s when Bradbury was doing his research in the area, the practice was apparently still current.

I actually have more source materials in hard copy form but I don't have my books with me.

I am not making anything up. What I said is supported by historical literature. It is left for you to argue with the literature, not me. Also, Abraka is not a border town to Benin and is not closer to Benin than to Aboh.

From the references, Obi of Aboh never confirmed into office any Urhobo king and the Ovie of Abraka only needed external recognition or bragging rights that was why he went to Obi of Aboh. Obviously, Aboh kingdom was far more influential than Abraka kingdom.

Here was your initial submission.

There’s nothing strange here. Aboh’s influence in the Isoko-Urhobo area is well-acknowledged. The ivie of Abraka and a number of other places in that axis were confirmed in office by the Obi of Aboh.

The documents you submitted still didn't validate your initial submissions. It only confirmed what I said about Urhobo chiefs mostly going to Bini. The popular EMA dance of the Urhobo people was as a result of the frequent visitation to the Oba palace. You can easily knot together the Bini-Urhobo validation taste but not Obi of Aboh. He has zero influence anywhere in Urhobo land.

Also, You should know that most kingdoms in Urhobo land are too recent. Urhobo lived more like the Eastern Igbos. Kingship and what have you wasn't the core of their existence. Infact, Bini was the only Edoid group to build a very powerful and influential kingdom. The rest Edoid groups built autonomous clans. It is never recorded in history that Obi of Aboh crowned an Urhobo king.
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by RedboneSmith(m): 11:42am On Jul 19, 2023
Efewestern:

From the references, Obi of Aboh never confirmed into office any Urhobo king and the Ovie of Abraka only needed external recognition or bragging rights that was why he went to Obi of Aboh. Obviously, Aboh kingdom was far more influential than Abraka kingdom.

Here was your initial submission.

So it’s now a matter of semantics. It’s alright. Confirmation or external recognition for bragging rights, some ivie had to go to Aboh upon ascending the throne for whatever reason. That is the crux of my submission. I wasn’t trying to project some Aboh imperium on Urhobo and Isoko. I actually stated that the journey was made because of the convenience of proximity than anything else.

Also note that Bradbury spoke of some ivie “obtaining their titles” from the Obi. This suggests that this goes beyond mere recognition for some at least of the ivie that made that trip.

The documents you submitted still didn't validate your initial submissions. It only confirmed what I said about Urhobo chiefs mostly going to Bini. The popular EMA dance of the Urhobo people was as a result of the frequent visitation to the Oba palace. You can easily knot together the Bini-Urhobo validation taste but not Obi of Aboh. He has zero influence anywhere in Urhobo land.
Now you’re making it sound like I said all or most Urhobo ivie went to Aboh. Of course I knew most went to Benin.
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 1:09pm On Jul 19, 2023

The above was same reason Igbo speaking kings in Western Igbo went to Bini to get staff of office. Sometimes princes are even sent to Bini palace to learn Bini court and monarchy ways and such princes usually returned home to be kings in Anioma with Bini names they acquired while in Bini. Such Bini names survived as Bini sounding surnames today, which these lots now use to support their irrational Bini origin stories. Tufiakwa!

Infact the reason Asaba is not attached to Bini or have irrational Bini origin story is that during a period when the multiple Obis in Asaba were dragging for supremacy on who to be recognized as overall Obi, ie Asagba of Asaba, one of the Obis rushed and went to Bini to collect recognition in form of Ada and Eben from Oba Bini, but another Obi heard of it and rushed to Nri to collect his own staff as the overall Obi of Asaba.
When the one that went to Bini came back, he unfortunately realized another also went to Nri to get staff of recognition thereby rendering his own useless.
This was how the Asaba remained free of senseless Bini origin stories.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
If the one that went to Bini to get a staff succeeded, he will know that his support base is Bini, and he will do everything to link himself biologically to Bini to continuously get Bini support against his local rivals.
He would take on a Bini title, he would marry Bini princesses, his Biniphilic descendants will now start spinning stories of town being established by Bini princes, and this story will not be opposed by others because it sounds prestigious to be linked with Bini.

And so through attachment to Bini, the new monarchy in Western Igbo establishes a monarchial throne for himself and his descendants forever and he will justify it by claiming to be a Descendant of imaginary Bini prince.
This story will be passed from generation to generation until modern times when people with rational braincells will challenge it, by noting how impossible it is for a Bini man to establish Igbo speaking communities.

This is where we are today.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Chrs1996(m): 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2023
I love ur assertion, it paints a vivid picture of what we see in Anioma today.
Igboid:
If the one that went to Bini to get a staff succeeded, he will know that his support base is Bini, and he will do everything to link himself biologically to Bini to continuously get Bini support against his local rivals.
He would take on a Bini title, he would marry Bini princesses, his Biniphilic descendants will now start spinning stories of town being established by Bini princes, and this story will not be opposed by others because it sounds prestigious to be linked with Bini.

And so through attachment to Bini, the new monarchy in Western Igbo establishes a monarchial throne for himself and his descendants forever and he will justify it by claiming to be a Descendant of imaginary Bini prince.
This story will be passed from generation to generation until modern times when people with rational braincells will challenge it, by noting how impossible it is for a Bini man to establish Igbo speaking communities.

This is where we are today.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by clefstone(m): 8:56pm On Jul 19, 2023
Igboid:

The above was same reason Igbo speaking kings in Western Igbo went to Bini to get staff of office. Sometimes princes are even sent to Bini palace to learn Bini court and monarchy ways and such princes usually returned home to be kings in Anioma with Bini names they acquired while in Bini. Such Bini names survived as Bini sounding surnames today, which these lots now use to support their irrational Bini origin stories. Tufiakwa!

Infact the reason Asaba is not attached to Bini or have irrational Bini origin story is that during a period when the multiple Obis in Asaba were dragging for supremacy on who to be recognized as overall Obi, ie Asagba of Asaba, one of the Obis rushed and went to Bini to collect recognition in form of Ada and Eben from Oba Bini, but another Obi heard of it and rushed to Nri to collect his own staff as the overall Obi of Asaba.
When the one that went to Bini came back, he unfortunately realized another also went to Nri to get staff of recognition thereby rendering his own useless.
This was how the Asaba remained free of senseless Bini origin stories.

the greatest pride of the Aboh man is that we have a history we are proud of. In fact, in the whole of Delta State and perhaps SS/SE(except the Bini) Nigeria no people have a rich history as the Aboh, the only possible exception being the Itsekiri people.
Talking about the Itsekiri, there is a part of Aboh that the people are descended from the Itsekiri. These people are called Umu-iwele. They do not speak the Itsekiri language anymore but both they and the rest of Aboh know they are descended from Itsekiri, which was known as Iwerre and became Warri. You may want to tell us how these people lost their Itsekiri language or if the Itsekiri tribe was so prestigious that they decided to claim Itsekiri heritage.
The Itsekiri like the Abohs had access to the trade waters and are widely dispersed, many having lost their language. Like efewestern said you find Itsekiri surname such as Majemite and Tsekiri in Uvwie, an Urhobo area, there is an Itsekiri settlement called Igbogidi in Orhuwhorun, an Urhobo town. Such is the nature of such historical people around the Niger and coast(the Igalas too)

I do not blame you or find your offensive posts annoying because you are from a region that was cut off historically, locked out in the forest with minimal contact with the world around them. How can you then understand the dynamism of ethnogenesis. You will NEVER understand these things unless you open your mind and choose to learn.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Efewestern: 10:57pm On Jul 19, 2023
RedboneSmith:

So it’s now a matter of semantics. It’s alright. Confirmation or external recognition for bragging rights, some ivie had to go to Aboh upon ascending the throne for whatever reason. That is the crux of my submission. I wasn’t trying to project some Aboh imperium on Urhobo and Isoko. I actually stated that the journey was made because of the convenience of proximity than anything else.

Also note that Bradbury spoke of some ivie “obtaining their titles” from the Obi. This suggests that this goes beyond mere recognition for some at least of the ivie that made that trip.

Now you’re making it sound like I said all or most Urhobo ivie went to Aboh. Of course I knew most went to Benin.

I need to dig more into the Aboh-Bini relationship. It have always avoided that part of history because of its complexity and controversies.

But some questions beg for answer...

* Why was Aboh revered so much?
* Was the Obiship stool in Aboh a direct offshoot of Bini like that of Itsekiri ?
* Was Aboh considered an extension of Bini?

The reason I got into this slight argument with you is because you missed the point clefstone was trying to make when he mentioned there exists a Ndokwa name in a core Urhobo clan. The existence of such name wasn't as a result of cultural influence but migration and assimilation. I went further to give you examples of how Itsekiri names are found in several Urhobo clans. By the way, thanks for the references. I learnt a two.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For us to get a clearer view of the past, we need to understand how related groups once lived. Kingdoms/Empires weren't really a thing for most occupants of today's Delta State. The Edoid Aboriginals never had that zeal to build an empire, the only group that were able to get a meaningful kingdom got it through Bini influences or other external factors.

The Urhobos/Isokos built flourishing independent clans they guilded fiercely. These clans were in no way under the control of any external influences. While the Binis saw the Oba as a god on earth, the Urhobos/Isokos only reverved the throne due to the enormous power it carries and territories it controls. (Oba of Bini at his peak controlled the whole of Eastern Yoruba and faraway lagos).

When the British started indirect rule, the Urhobos who were mostly republican in nature started creating thrones and for these kingdoms to get validity, they sought out for the Oba's blessings.

These actions led to many erroneously thinking the Urhobos/Isokos were under the control of the reigning Oba. Infact, the Urhobos were the only group whose none of its land was under the Oba's control till this very day. Whereas, some Anioma and Itsekiri territory till this very day are still under the Oba's control (See Igbanke and Ologbo). The attempt to control Oghara was heavily resisted and the rest they say is history.

Non-Edoid groups in Delta state aside the Ijaws were easily penetrated and influenced. The Binis sent a prince to unite Ijebu riverine dwellers and the Itsekiri kingdom was made. The Igboid part of the state were already receiving influx of Bini migrants, so the ground was already soft for Bini influences. Maybe this was the reason Aboh built the most successful kingdom in Delta state.

Of all groups, I respect the Ijaws the most. They seems to be the oldest in the zone as they are visible in most of my ancestral trace and not a single Ijaw clan fell under the control of the Binis.

Cc: Igboid, clefstone, RedboneSmith
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 10:57pm On Jul 19, 2023
clefstone:
the greatest pride of the Aboh man is that we have a history we are proud of. In fact, in the whole of Delta State and perhaps SS/SE(except the Bini) Nigeria no people have a rich history as the Aboh, the only possible exception being the Itsekiri people.
Talking about the Itsekiri, there is a part of Aboh that the people are descended from the Itsekiri. These people are called Umu-iwele. They do not speak the Itsekiri language anymore but both they and the rest of Aboh know they are descended from Itsekiri, which was known as Iwerre and became Warri. You may want to tell us how these people lost their Itsekiri language or if the Itsekiri tribe was so prestigious that they decided to claim Itsekiri heritage.
The Itsekiri like the Abohs had access to the trade waters and are widely dispersed, many having lost their language. Like efewestern said you find Itsekiri surname such as Majemite and Tsekiri in Uvwie, an Urhobo area, there is an Itsekiri settlement called Igbogidi in Orhuwhorun, an Urhobo town. Such is the nature of such historical people around the Niger and coast(the Igalas too)

I do not blame you or find your offensive posts annoying because you are from a region that was cut off historically, locked out in the forest with minimal contact with the world around them. How can you then understand the dynamism of ethnogenesis. You will NEVER understand these things unless you open your mind and choose to learn.

Common sense is far from you.
The argument is not that some vagabonds and refugees from Bini, Itsekiri, Urhobo, Yoruba,Igala, Kafanchan, Timbuktu, Ur, Sumerian, Kemet, Mesopotamia, Anatolia, etc didn't migrate into Aboh.
The argument is that Aboh were already 98% of Igbo aboriginal stock in population, hence absorbed whoever migrated into the area.
You would think this should be common sense, but common sense is far from folks like you.

The Itsekiri you speak of also have sections of it that migrated from Western Igbo.

The Bini has Igbo migrants, Yoruba migrants, Igala migrants, Ijaw migrants, Nupe migrants, etc.
That's the way the world is, everyone welcomed good strangers in their midst,on the condition that the strangers have to lose the language and culture of wherever they are coming from, and embrace the language and culture of their new hosts and home.
For the umpteenth time= This is common sense.This is why you have to pass IELTS to get permanent stay in English speaking USA, Canada,UK, New Zealand, Australia. They welcome you, but you must lose your language and culture and assimilate into theirs. That process has been in place since antiquity and our ancestors practiced it as well. Grow up.

For example IdumuOka in Esan are of Awka origin in Igboland, but they migrated into Esan area and are today fully assimilated as Esan people.
It becomes ridiculous to now come and start saying that Esan is no longer Esan because few insignificant Igbos migrated into their midst and were welcomed and assimilated.
I had also given the example of Igbide people in Isoko whose Ancestors are a mixture of Awka and Mgbidi Igbos, but are today fully assimilated as Isokos.
Can we now say that Isoko should now acquire a new identity because of this? Nope. Igbos understand these things because we have common sense, this is why you will never see Igbos lay claim to any land where Igbo dialect is not the native language, irrespective of the people myth of originating from Igboland, we know better.

Most of you are ridiculous, your arguments are infantile, annoying and out of touch with comon sense.

It's an Ikegwuru situation.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 11:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
As for your assertion of Igboland being in Forest and cut off from civilization, the joke is on you.
Awka blacksmiths were unrivalled in the entire NIGERIA.
They won all blacksmith tournament set by the British Empire in Nigeria.
They went to as far as Okitipupa and Cameroon teaching people new metallurgy methods.
The Igbo ukwu artifacts is greater than whatever exists anywhere in Nigeria.
The Igbo textiles were so good looking that the colonials never believed we made them, they called them "fancy clothes" and thought we got them from trading via Trans-sahara trade route.
Who is Aboh? Aboh is an insignificant mushroom town whose only claim to fame was living close to the river Niger navigation area which made them to meet the colonials before inland Igbos. That's all.
There is nothing linked to human civilization in terms of art, science, and ancient technology that is linked to Aboh.
Your weak king accepted the British trading conditions without even putting up a fight, whereas the rest of Igboland fought vigorously against such unfair trade restrictions. Enu-ani and Ika fought Ekumeku, Aro fought full blown Aro-anglo war for months.

Imagine the delusion of thinking you have a superior history than a people your Bini brain damage suffering Ancestors had to borrow your language, gods , market days, cosmology, culture, etc from.
A people you owe everything you breath, including your names?

Haha! See madness. grin grin

These are ethnic groups SE share boundaries with:

Igala, Idoma, Igede, Annang, Ibibio, Ekoi, Yala, Ogoni

But an Aboh man who shares boundaries only with Isoko thinks he understands Inter ethnic relationships more than an Igbo man. grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by clefstone(m): 11:30pm On Jul 19, 2023
Igboid:

Common sense is far from you.
The argument is not that some vagabonds and refugees from Bini, Itsekiri, Urhobo, Yoruba,Igala, Kafanchan, Timbuktu, Ur, Sumerian, Kemet, Mesopotamia, Anatolia, etc didn't migrate into Aboh.
The argument is that Aboh were already 98% of Igbo aboriginal stock in population, hence absorbed whoever migrated into the area.
You would think this should be common sense, but common sense is far from folks like you.

The Itsekiri you speak of also have sections of it that migrated from Western Igbo.

The Bini has Igbo migrants, Yoruba migrants, Igala migrants, Ijaw migrants, Nupe migrants, etc.
That's the way the world is, everyone welcomed good strangers in their midst,on the condition that the strangers have to lose the language and culture of wherever they are coming from, and embrace the language and culture of their new hosts and home.
For the umpteenth time= This is common sense.This is why you have to pass IELTS to get permanent stay in English speaking USA, Canada,UK, New Zealand, Australia. They welcome you, but you must lose your language and culture and assimilate into theirs. That process has been in place since antiquity and our ancestors practiced it as well. Grow up.

For example IdumuOka in Esan are of Awka origin in Igboland, but they migrated into Esan area and are today fully assimilated as Esan people.
It becomes ridiculous to now come and start saying that Esan is no longer Esan because few insignificant Igbos migrated into their midst and were welcomed and assimilated.
I had also given the example of Igbide people in Isoko whose Ancestors are a mixture of Awka and Mgbidi Igbos, but are today fully assimilated as Isokos.
Can we now say that Isoko should now acquire a new identity because of this? Nope. Igbos understand these things because we have common sense, this is why you will never see Igbos lay claim to any land where Igbo dialect is not the native language, irrespective of the people myth of originating from Igboland, we know better.

Most of you are ridiculous, your arguments are infantile, annoying and out of touch with comon sense.

It's an Ikegwuru situation.
All the places you have mentioned are different from Aboh in that the aboriginals were displaced by the Aboh migrants. It was clearly not a case of assimilation but conquest.

On the language stuff you keep talking about. Eastern Igbo speakers are from the Cameroon-Calabar/Akwa Ibom axis. It's obvious from their accent. They only copied the language of the people of the lower Niger region who controlled the trade around the region and thus their lives. That is why when an easterner and an Akwa Ibomite speak English, they sound alike. We are not the same, if you like go and die. We never consumed human flesh, our cultures are not similar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 11:57pm On Jul 19, 2023
clefstone:
All the places you have mentioned are different from Aboh in that the aboriginals were displaced by the Aboh migrants. It was clearly not a case of assimilation but conquest.

On the language stuff you keep talking about. Eastern Igbo speakers are from the Cameroon-Calabar/Akwa Ibom axis. It's obvious from their accent. They only copied the language of the people of the lower Niger region who controlled the trade around the region and thus their lives. That is why when an easterner and an Akwa Ibomite speak English, they sound alike. We are not the same, if you like go and die. We never consumed human flesh, our cultures are not similar

Lol!
Who wants to be same with your backward mushroom kingdom of wannabe second hand Binis who suffered brain damage on their way to Aboh and lost their Bini language and names and are now at the mercy of Igbo language and names that they are mutilating?

Nnaa! Una too overestimate unaselves o.
I mean backward Aboh with not one single Ancient civilization to its name, that couldn't even evolve a language of its own? 😀😀.

That you think SE Igbos and Akwa Ibom have similar accent shows how little you know about SE.
It's in keeping with the general theme of your ignorance.
The same ignorance that made your phantom Bini ancestors forget their Bini language in a land they supposedly conquered.
How exactly you lots tell these irrational stories with straight faces without feeling ashamed or seeing how senseless they sound,is a one of the eight wonders of the world.

Ndo. Una go heal last last. Just try and go employ Bini language teachers to teach you your Bini language and stop mutilating Igbo language for us.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by RedboneSmith(m): 8:27am On Jul 20, 2023
Efewestern:

For Aboh, their rise to power was about location, location, location. Aboh is situated at the head of the Niger Delta. It is very strategically placed to control the Niger routes to Bonny and Kalabari, Nembe-Brass and even Itsekiri. Upriver, it had access to markets at Oguta, Ossomala, Asaba, Aguleri and Idah. As a result, Aboh was in a position to become the most important middlemen in the trade between the Niger Delta and the hinterland. Building on these, its people were able to amass wealth and power.
* Was the Obiship stool in Aboh a direct offshoot of Bini like that of Itsekiri ?
Aboh people definitely believe unwaveringly that their kingship is a direct offshoot of Benin (through Ozolua), and this is the information that they have given ethnographers and anthropologists who have recorded their traditions since the 1800s.

I am personally skeptical about most claims of Benin origin. Scholars of oral tradition have shown that it is quite common for people to create genealogies linking them to nearby or even distant centres of high culture and power, especially one that has influenced them profoundly, like the Benin influenced all around them.

The founders of Aboh monarchy definitely came from areas to the west of the Ukwuani-Aboh area and found an indigenous population (the Akarai/Akiri/Akili) when they arrived. But I find it plausible that they may have come from Benin-influenced places in the Ika-Aniocha corridor, rather than directly from Benin. The royal section of Aboh (i.e., the "Benin” immigrants) call themselves Umudei. Dei is still used in Agbor to address the Obi and nwadei is still used widely in the Ika-Aniocha sector to mean prince. The term for princess in Aboh, which is Akpe also has ‘cognates’ in places along Ika-Aniocha. The geographical spread of these terminologies (dei, nwadei and akpe) is restricted and doesn’t include Benin. Agbor actually has a tradition that the founder of Aboh was an Agbor prince.

Anyway, an Ika-Aniocha origins for the Umudei in Aboh is my opinion, and no one should feel inclined to accept it.

This will depend on what you mean by extension. I have not seen anything in the traditions and history that suggest that Aboh was a vassal of the Benin empire in any practical sense. The Obi operated as a full-fledged sovereign ruler, even carving out his own little ‘empire’ along the banks of the Niger. However, the Oba of Benin was viewed as some sort of elder brother. For example, both Aboh and Benin traditions suggest that succession disputes in Aboh were referred to the Oba for settlement.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 9:30am On Jul 20, 2023
RedboneSmith:

For Aboh, their rise to power was about location, location, location. Aboh is situated at the head of the Niger Delta. It is very strategically placed to control the Niger routes to Bonny and Kalabari, Nembe-Brass and even Itsekiri. Upriver, it had access to markets at Oguta, Ossomala, Asaba, Aguleri and Idah. As a result, Aboh was in a position to become the most important middlemen in the trade between the Niger Delta and the hinterland. Building on these, its people were able to amass wealth and power.

Aboh people definitely believe unwaveringly that their kingship is a direct offshoot of Benin (through Ozolua), and this is the information that they have given ethnographers and anthropologists who have recorded their traditions since the 1800s.

I am personally skeptical about most claims of Benin origin. Scholars of oral tradition have shown that it is quite common for people to create genealogies linking them to nearby or even distant centres of high culture and power, especially one that has influenced them profoundly, like the Benin influenced all around them.

The founders of Aboh monarchy definitely came from areas to the west of the Ukwuani-Aboh area and found an indigenous population (the Ankara/Akiri/Akili) when they arrived. But I find it plausible that they may have come from Benin-influenced places in the Ika-Aniocha corridor, rather than directly from Benin. The royal section of Aboh (i.e., the "Benin” immigrants) call themselves Umudei. Dei is still used in Agbor to address the Obi and nwadei is still used widely in the Ika-Aniocha sector to mean prince. The term for princess in Aboh, which is Akpe also has ‘cognates’ in places along Ika-Aniocha. The geographical spread of these terminologies (dei, nwadei and akpe) is restricted and doesn’t include Benin. Agbor actually has a tradition that the founder of Aboh was an Agbor prince.

Anyway, an Ika-Aniocha origins for the Umudei in Aboh is my opinion, and no one should feel inclined to accept it.

This will depend on what you mean by extension. I have not seen anything in the traditions and history that suggest that Aboh was a vassal of the Benin empire in any practical sense. The Obi operated as a full-fledged sovereign ruler, even carving out his own little ‘empire’ along the banks of the Niger. However, the Oba of Benin was viewed as some sort of elder brother. For example, both Aboh and Benin traditions suggest that succession disputes in Aboh were referred to the Oba for settlement.

That Aboh founders originated from Ika area is actually common sense.
You don't even need any history book to tell you that.
Chief E.A Iduwe in his book lamented what he call inferiority complex by Igbo speaking groups where by no Igbo town want to be seen as an offshoot or subordinate of the other. Therefore towns who are offshoot of another Igbo speaking town will never acknowledge that in oral history to avoid being seen as appendage to the bigger Igbo town, instead they will forge a Bini origin story and pass down to generations unborn.
Chief Iduwe believe that the founder of Aboh was a son an Obi of Agbor had with a Bini prostitute that was rejected by Ndi Agbor, and was sent to "Oru country" ( ancient Igbo name for riverine Igbo communities like Ukwuani/Ndokwa and those in Anambra East and West) with Odibos.
It makes sense when you deep it.
Esumei arrived at Aboh already Igbo speaking.
Such history of being decended from a son of a Bini prostitute rejected by Ndi Agbor is too demeaning for Aboh egos, little wonder an irrational Bini prince origin story was concocted, not minding the fact that Aboh Igbo language makes a mockery of that irrational origin story.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by wesley08(m): 6:31am On Jul 21, 2023
Efewestern:

I need to dig more into the Aboh-Bini relationship. It have always avoided that part of history because of its complexity and controversies.

But some questions beg for answer...

Cc: Igboid, clefstone, RedboneSmith
The below attached historical records and accounts should tell you all you need to know about Aboh’s ties to Benin. The evidence attached herewith corroborates oral accounts from Aboh as well as those from its neighbors- all of which developed and were collected independently. Except there was a “Berlin-style” conference in which Benin, Anioma villages, and Aboh people were assembled to agree to tell these complementing stories in future, then the origin and history of Aboh people is not in doubt. It's legitimacy and reverence drew from this direct relationship with the Oba stool. And yes, IT DID CROWN at least an ISOKO King that I'm 100% sure of.
Disregarding the below evidence, it would historically make sense for Benin that reigned supreme and largely unchallenged in the South, to maintain an outpost on the Eastern front in Aboh just as it did with Warri in sending Prince Ginuwa to reign over that land. These sort of controls would've ensured Benin indirectly controlled the major slave trade routes even though that trade was prohibited in the capital. The marked difference between what happened in Warri and what happened in Aboh however was that unlike in Warri where a political elite were sent to rule, a caravan arrrived Aboh and a fight of conquest ensued with the Aborigines. Having secured victory by subterfuge from the Igbo speaking aborigines and entered into a peaceful pact with the less numerous Itsekiri speaking aborigines (The Akarai and Iwuere people respectively) the Igbo-speaking aborigines were made to live separately in their Akarai homelands, allowing for the spouting of a new civilization comprising primarily of the original Benin migrants and those they integrated into their community from far and near. There is ABSOLUTELY NO evidence of Igbo dominance in Aboh ABSOLUTELY None and I dear any Cow talking non$ense here to provide any.
Those still trying to push an Igbo-origin narrative and attempting to distort the history of Aboh and Anioma people in general are the usual suspects who do not know their own history but feel inclined to tell other people theirs. Clowns that still do not know that there are Aboh people in Imo and Enugu states that boldly claim to be of Delta origin, bear our names and espouse our culture in their supposed heartland.
On the autonomy of Urhobo and Isoko communities, I haven't found any evidence of it. Maybe I haven't done enough research on the subject but what I do know and I stand corrected is that the Urhobo's were subject to the Oba's appointed King in Warri and the portions that didn't fall under the influence of the Olu of Warri were directly administered by the Oba from Benin. Reason there were no prominent Kings but chiefs in those parts up until later in the 19th century. These Chiefs were defacto kings and were required to gain legitimacy from a Benin-anointed stool hence the resort to trips to Benin and later, Aboh when it rose to prominence.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Efewestern: 10:14am On Jul 21, 2023
wesley08:

The below attached historical records and accounts should tell you all you need to know about Aboh’s ties to Benin. The evidence attached herewith corroborates oral accounts from Aboh as well as those from its neighbors- all of which developed and were collected independently. Except there was a “Berlin-style” conference in which Benin, Anioma villages, and Aboh people were assembled to agree to tell these complementing stories in future, then the origin and history of Aboh people is not in doubt. It's legitimacy and reverence drew from this direct relationship with the Oba stool. And yes, IT DID CROWN at least an ISOKO King that I'm 100% sure of.
Disregarding the below evidence, it would historically make sense for Benin that reigned supreme and largely unchallenged in the South, to maintain an outpost on the Eastern front in Aboh just as it did with Warri in sending Prince Ginuwa to reign over that land. These sort of controls would've ensured Benin indirectly controlled the major slave trade routes even though that trade was prohibited in the capital. The marked difference between what happened in Warri and what happened in Aboh however was that unlike in Warri where a political elite were sent to rule, a caravan arrrived Aboh and a fight of conquest ensued with the Aborigines. Having secured victory by subterfuge from the Igbo speaking aborigines and entered into a peaceful pact with the less numerous Itsekiri speaking aborigines (The Akarai and Iwuere people respectively) the Igbo-speaking aborigines were made to live separately in their Akarai homelands, allowing for the spouting of a new civilization comprising primarily of the original Benin migrants and those they integrated into their community from far and near. There is ABSOLUTELY NO evidence of Igbo dominance in Aboh ABSOLUTELY None and I dear any Cow talking non$ense here to provide any.
Those still trying to push an Igbo-origin narrative and attempting to distort the history of Aboh and Anioma people in general are the usual suspects who do not know their own history but feel inclined to tell other people theirs. Clowns that still do not know that there are Aboh people in Imo and Enugu states that boldly claim to be of Delta origin, bear our names and espouse our culture in their supposed heartland.

On the autonomy of Urhobo and Isoko communities, I haven't found any evidence of it. Maybe I haven't done enough research on the subject but what I do know and I stand corrected is that the Urhobo's were subject to the Oba's appointed King in Warri and the portions that didn't fall under the influence of the Olu of Warri were directly administered by the Oba from Benin. Reason there were no prominent Kings but chiefs in those parts up until later in the 19th century. These Chiefs were defacto kings and were required to gain legitimacy from a Benin-anointed stool hence the resort to trips to Benin and later, Aboh when it rose to prominence.

Before I make comment on the Aboh kingdom and its relationship with the Bini, let me first correct the bolded.

First, several Urhobo/Isoko communities were already established before anything Bini Kingdom existed. They Urhobos were fully autonomous and independent from any external influences. I dare you to reference any Urhobo community/clan that was under the control of the Oba of Bini or any external force.

Directly or indirectly, no Urhobo clan was under the control of Oba of Bini and kingship in Urhobo land was too recent and it came out of the urge to belong. Only few Urhobo clans like Olomu, Agbon and maybe Ughelli had kings. The Urhobos operated a society that was far different from that of the Binis.

Bold of you to think Olu of Warri controlled the hinterland. Infact, the king of Iwerre was confined to his riverine communities. It was only recent did the Itsekiris migrated upland. Individual Urhobo communities controlled everywhere from Oghara down to Warri. Urhobo indigenous warriors (Igbu) were mainly stationed in bushes and forests.

Oba of Bini was an influential king in the whole of southern Nigeria, so non-powerful chiefs and leaders found in autonomous Urhobo communities would naturally want to associate with such greate power. Were the Urhobos under the control of Bini? Hell no! Did Oba of Bini appoint any leader to lead any Urhobo clan? Hell no!

I agree with your inputs. What happened in Aboh was similar to what happen to Warri. There was an exchange in power and I bet the power came from Bini.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2023
wesley08:

How some of you can write these delusional stories with straight face is a wonder to me.
Lol!
A Bini Caravan indeed, the same Bini cowards that dug moats to protect themselves from Agbor, are the ones you said came with Caravan to Western Igbo?
Your brain is full of cow dung to believe an all powerful Bini exists that landed in Western Igbo chased Akarai away, only to lose their inferior Bini language.
You are not okay. And I'm here to tell you that bluntly.
There are no Aboh in Enugu or anywhere in SE that has anything to do with your Bini deluded Aboh in Delta. What culture exactly do you have in Aboh other than Igbo culture you supposedly borrowed?

Here in SE we are proud Igbos and we are still trying to contain deluded people like you who believe they are Jewish descendants that lost their Jewish language. Atleast we can understand that Jews are sophisticated people, so inferiority suffering Igbos want to attach to them, but Bini? How dare you? Bini that was dealt by Agbor alone, Bini that British ransacked in a matter 3days when Aro fought full blown war against British might for 3months? What exactly is in Bini past and present other than propaganda that you lots want to die on top distorted embarrassing stories of Bini origin?
Didn't Bini influence extend into Eastern Yoruba in Ondo State? Why are they not concocting these same senseless stories like you lots in Ndokwa are doing?

Unu ana ata ncha?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 4:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
This is the truth and what Ndiigbo know of Bini and Western Igbo interactions and not the delusional stories some of you hold unto today.:

"Benin originated from Agbor. Ika had never been subjected to Benin or other trbes. Benins were weaker and fewer before 1897, Benin influence went no further than Ugo. Ikas harrassed Benins wth successful wars which led them to dig the trench around them".

~Agbor Patriotic Union 1939

This is what Chief E A Iduwe an Agbor chief had to say about Bini:

"Agbor speaks Ika dialect, akin to other Igbo tongues but with the special vehicle of Ika culture and image. It is DISTINCT AND DISSIMILAR FROM EDO LANGUAGE and vice versa, even though they said that Agbor was once under Oba's rule. This was so when the Bini were the first to acquire firearms from the Portuguese, and with which they TERRORIZED the neighbouring states. But this state of affairs lasted only for a short time. Agbors liberated themselves before the 18th century.
"Oru asuw Igbo, Igbo asuw Ika" : From this saying, Agbor appear to be the cradle of the Ika dialect and the and the Citadel of IGBO heroes" .

~ History of Greater Agbor page 14

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by wesley08(m): 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2023
Igboid:

How some of you can write these delusional stories with straight face is a wonder to me.
Lol!
A Bini Caravan indeed, the same Bini cowards that dug moats to protect themselves from Agbor, are the ones you said came with Caravan to Western Igbo?
Your brain is full of cow dung to believe an all powerful Bini exists that landed in Western Igbo chased Akarai away, only to lose their inferior Bini language.
You are not okay. And I'm here to tell you that bluntly.
There are no Aboh in Enugu or anywhere in SE that has anything to do with your Bini deluded Aboh in Delta. What culture exactly do you have in Aboh other than Igbo culture you supposedly borrowed?

Here in SE we are proud Igbos and we are still trying to contain deluded people like you who believe they are Jewish descendants that lost their Jewish language. Atleast we can understand that Jews are sophisticated people, so inferiority suffering Igbos want to attach to them, but Bini? How dare you? Bini that was dealt by Agbor alone, Bini that British ransacked in a matter 3days when Aro fought full blown war against British might for 3months? What exactly is in Bini past and present other than propaganda that you lots want to die on top distorted embarrassing stories of Bini origin?
Didn't Bini influence extend into Eastern Yoruba in Ondo State? Why are they not concocting these same senseless stories like you lots in Ndokwa are doing?

You're a fleeting fõõl and unworthy of any sensible engagement. Focus on convincing your fellow morönś across the Niger who they are and where they're from. Focus on convincing Oguta people they're not from Benin. Focus on telling Aboh - Ozara people they're not from Delta State. Keep your folly in your region and ensure you feed it to your seed to guarantee your śtupîdîty continues into your next generation.
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 4:26pm On Jul 21, 2023
wesley08:

You're a fleeting fõõl and unworthy of any sensible engagement. Focus on convincing your fellow morönś across the Niger who they are and where they're from. Focus on convincing Oguta people they're not from Benin. Focus on telling Aboh - Ozara people they're not from Delta State. Keep your folly in your region and ensure you feed it to your seed to guarantee your śtupîdîty continues into your next generation.

Which Oguta tells you they are from Bini? That's an old senseless story that modern educated Oguta people unlike your deluded backward Aboh people, have come to the reckoning that it's irrational!
Even Onitsha has admitted that the Bini origin story is irrational and have revised the story.

The stupidity of your Aboh is what has rendered you lots insignificant in the entire Anioma and Igboland by extension, and going by your submission so far,you guys will continue deteriorating until you all grow a brain!
Where is Ozara-Aboh? Does that sound Bini to you?
Does the word Aboh sound Bini to you? Are you okay at all?
Chineke! You lots will truly suffer. With this your folly, Isokos will fully assimilate you in Ndokwa East like they have done in Sagbama, and Ndiigbo will let them while we focus on sensible and rational Ndi Enuani.

Imagine this jellyfish brain was talking of "Bini Caravan". Bini had a caravan and were digging moats around themselves to protect themselves from Agbor wrath. They had caravans and were ransacked in a mere three days expedition by few British soldiers and their mercenaries?

Are these the moonlight stories you tell yourselves in Aboh.
Chai! With such inferior thinking capacity, it's no wonder you couldn't build on the advantages of being the gateway between Igbo hinterlands and Niger Delta and Atlantic offered you in the days of colonial discovery of Igbo speaking lands.
It's obvious that analytical thinking and pragmatism isn't your forte over there in Aboh.
Imagine "Bini Caravans" grin grin grin
What a bunch of clowns.
The Binis must be laughing at how the people from their formal slave hunting grounds now see them as their ancestors, talk of classical Stockholm syndrome grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by wesley08(m): 5:57pm On Jul 21, 2023
Igboid:

Which Oguta tells you they are from Bini? That's an old senseless story that modern educated Oguta people unlike your deluded backward Aboh people, have come to the reckoning that it's irrational!
Even Onitsha has admitted that the Bini origin story is irrational and have revised the story.

The stupidity of your Aboh is what has rendered you lots insignificant in the entire Anioma and Igboland by extension, and going by your submission so far,you guys will continue deteriorating until you all grow a brain!
Where is Ozara-Aboh? Does that sound Bini to you?
Does the word Aboh sound Bini to you? Are you okay at all?
Chineke! You lots will truly suffer. With this your folly, Isokos will fully assimilate you in Ndokwa East like they have done in Sagbama, and Ndiigbo will let them while we focus on sensible and rational Ndi Enuani.

Imagine this jellyfish brain was talking of "Bini Caravan". Bini had a caravan and were digging moats around themselves to protect themselves from Agbor wrath. They had caravans and were ransacked in a mere three days expedition by few British soldiers and their mercenaries?

Are these the moonlight stories you tell yourselves in Aboh.
Chai! With such inferior thinking capacity, it's no wonder you couldn't build on the advantages of being the gateway between Igbo hinterlands and Niger Delta and Atlantic offered you in the days of colonial discovery of Igbo speaking lands.
It's obvious that analytical thinking and pragmatism isn't your forte over there in Aboh.
Imagine "Bini Caravans" grin grin grin
What a bunch of clowns.
The Binis must be laughing at how the people from their formal slave hunting grounds now see them as their ancestors, talk of classical Stockholm syndrome grin

You can be raving màd all you want but keep your mádnêśś across the Niger. Propagate your mádnêśś in your family and region where madnes is a symbol of progress all you like but stay away from Anioma.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2023
wesley08:

You can be raving màd all you want but keep your mádnêśś across the Niger. Propagate your mádnêśś in your family and region where madnes is a symbol of progress all you like but stay away from Anioma.

Which Anioma? Ubulu eke! Enu-ani people don't share in your Bini induced psychosis, see how they are prospering, wise people.

See Odumodublvk a typical Enuani son rocking Igbo identity proudly in world stage while backward thinking Stockholm suffering peeps from Ndokwa/Ukwuani that will soon be assimilated into extinction by rapidly reproducing and multiplying Isokos are stuck in their Bini fantasies.
Ifele megbukwa unu!
Ndi ala!
Keep your Bini madness contained within Ndokwa Ukwuani region, we are all fine with sensible Enuani people in SE.

"Bini Caravans" grin what a mixture of Clown and buffoonery. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by wesley08(m): 6:56pm On Jul 21, 2023
Igboid:

Which Anioma? Ubulu eke! Enu-ani people don't share in your Bini induced psychosis, see how they are prospering, wise people.

See Odumodublvk a typical Enuani son rocking Igbo identity proudly in world stage while backward thinking Stockholm suffering peeps from Ndokwa/Ukwuani that will soon be assimilated into extinction by rapidly reproducing and multiplying Isokos are stuck in their Bini fantasies.
Ifele megbukwa unu!
Ndi ala!
Keep your Bini madness contained within Ndokwa Ukwuani region, we are all fine with sensible Enuani people in SE.

"Bini Caravans" grin what a mixture of Clown and buffoonery. cheesy
We'd rather be Isoko than Igbo. Cry blood.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2023
wesley08:

We'd rather be Isoko than Igbo. Cry blood.

You are not important bro.
You will be swallowed up by Isoko without a whimper.
Ndiigbo don't care about you lots.
We are only interested because of our language and mutilated versions of our names you bear because of impersonation issues.
Once Isokos fully assimilate you lots and you become Edoid speaking, Ndiigbo will move on straight up.
Ndi eriri eri.
" Bini Caravans" grin grin You can imagine how delusional you lots are over there.
I wonder what you are all sniffing over there cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by wesley08(m): 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2023
Igboid:

You are not important bro.
You will be swallowed up by Isoko without a whimper.
Ndiigbo don't care about you lots.
We are only interested because of our language and mutilated versions of our names you bear because of impersonation issues.
Once Isokos fully assimilate you lots and you become Edoid speaking, Ndiigbo will move on straight up.
Ndi eriri eri.
" Bini Caravans" grin grin You can imagine how delusional you lots are over there.
I wonder what you are all sniffing over there cheesy.
So why are you here crying?
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2023
cc: Alexbells, horsepower,

Come and hear about "Bini Caravans". grin

Chai! Not even Esans that speaks same Edoid language as Bini make up these irrational stories for Bini.
An Esan will rather die than accept stories of Bini origin let alone Bini subjugation.
Isokos and Urhobos and Itsekiris will not even entertain such ridiculous stories.
But a man from far away Aboh who doesn't even speak Edoid language is telling the world that Binis that Agbor dealt with, marched with "Caravans", chased away Igbo speaking Akarai, occupied Aboh and then immediately totally switched their language to Igboid, despite being surrounded by Edoid speaking Isokos and Urhobos. grin

Even Engenni and Epie-Attisa in far away Rivers State with history of origin from Bini, but are currently surrounded by non Edoid speaking people managed to hold unto their Edoid language, but all conquering, "Caravans riding" Bini ancestors of Aboh mysteriously lost their Edoid language while being surrounded by Edoid language speakers.

Are you guys okay at all? Because I don't understand how a whole town will be mentally challenged at same time, with not even a single voice of reason or rationality. shocked

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2023
I mean, nobody is saying: "Wait a minute, this story doesn't add up".
cheesy

Caravans, Bini princes and warriors, all conquering, couldn't withstand few British soldiers in three days, couldn't conquer any neighboring Edoid tribe( Esan, Urhobo, Isoko, Itsekiris), dug trenches around themselves to protect themselves from Agbor raids. Bini ancestors yet not a single Bini language or dialect survived when Aboh is a stone throw from other Edoid speaking people? grin

How can you go to school and subject these pieces of information under scrutiny and not see that it's irrational and not adding up? grin

Are you lots this mentally challenged? Not a single free thinker from Aboh? grin

Nnaa eh! It's an Ikegwuru situation o. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by AlexBells(m): 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
Igboid:
cc: Alexbells, horsepower,

Come and hear about "Bini Caravans". grin

Chai! Not even Esans that speaks same Edoid language as Bini make up these irrational stories for Bini.
An Esan will rather die than accept stories of Bini origin let alone Bini subjugation.
Isokos and Urhobos and Itsekiris will not even entertain such ridiculous stories.
But a man from far away Aboh who doesn't even speak Edoid language is telling the world that Binis that Agbor dealt with, marched with "Caravans", chased away Igbo speaking Akarai, occupied Aboh and then immediately totally switched their language to Igboid, despite being surrounded by Edoid speaking Isokos and Urhobos. grin

Even Engenni and Epie-Attisa in far away Rivers State with history of origin from Bini, but are currently surrounded by non Edoid speaking people managed to hold unto their Edoid language, but all conquering, "Caravans riding" Bini ancestors of Aboh mysteriously lost their Edoid language while being surrounded by Edoid language speakers.

Are you guys okay at all? Because I don't understand how a whole town will be mentally challenged at same time, with not even a single voice of reason or rationality. shocked
Igboid, there's something we need to understand, Benin and Igbos are not enemies, and don't let anyone manipulate us into wasting our energies in exhausting fight. I believe both Benin and Igbos are mature enough that any contested people will get a referendum on whether they stay with us or stay with them in the event that Nigeria divides.

We need to start getting proactive instead of languishing in theories, there's economic warfare going on and as Igbos we can deploy it to our advantage since we already have serious economic power. I think someone wants to incite a violence between Igbo, Benin and Igala, if you read history you would see that aside Slavery, there was no remarkable war between any Igbo sub group and Benin or Igala, at the point of their rise, they were both arguably larger than any Igbo sub group.

Every contested people would get a Refendum, as for us in Ezikoba we are non negotiable Igbos, so let's not dance to the tune of mischief makers, if e sure for Benin let them go and claim any Igbo group, when the time comes the referendum would happen, preferably peacefully or otherwise. The Federal Republic of Nigeria still exist and all Igbo territories herein, we are all together lets go for economic and political power so that we can support our brothers and sisters outside the Igbo mainland.
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by wesley08(m): 11:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
The push back has started. Since you want to tell your Grandfather who his father is, you'll be told who screwed your mother. Aboh will soon enthrone a new king, let's see if he'll go to Aro or Benin.

The Dein of Agbor Kingdom, His Royal Majesty Dr. Benjamin Ikenchukwu Keagborekuzi I, has enjoined his subjects to stop promoting Igbo culture, describing the Agbor culture as ‘unique and peculiar’.

The Dein gave the admonition at his palace recently while giving his royal blessings to the new Iregwa of Ogbemudien Community, Pa. Bogi Abagi. He called on the good people of Agbor Kingdom to join hands with him to effect the changes he desires to be in place. According to him, “I am back and happy to be in the midst of my subjects. This kind of gathering gives me joy because it is an opportunity for me to learn more from my people. There is room for change, therefore my wish and desire for my subjects is that they adopt and respect every change that is being made. Going through the history of Agbor Kingdom, one will thank the gods for wisdom. Thus, everyone will join hands with me to reposition things the way they ought to be in order to restore our lost glory”.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Eat Bush Rat And Not House Rat? / Influence Of Western Culture On Nigerians Fashion And Style Of Dressing / Horn Africans Are NOT BLACK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.