Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,477 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian (10348 Views)

"Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian / The Origin Of Urhobo People / The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 8:01am On Jul 22, 2023
wesley08:
The push back has started. Since you want to tell your Grandfather who his father is, you'll be told who screwed your mother. Aboh will soon enthrone a new king, let's see if he'll go to Aro or Benin.

The Dein of Agbor Kingdom, His Royal Majesty Dr. Benjamin Ikenchukwu Keagborekuzi I, has enjoined his subjects to stop promoting Igbo culture, describing the Agbor culture as ‘unique and peculiar’.

The Dein gave the admonition at his palace recently while giving his royal blessings to the new Iregwa of Ogbemudien Community, Pa. Bogi Abagi. He called on the good people of Agbor Kingdom to join hands with him to effect the changes he desires to be in place. According to him, “I am back and happy to be in the midst of my subjects. This kind of gathering gives me joy because it is an opportunity for me to learn more from my people. There is room for change, therefore my wish and desire for my subjects is that they adopt and respect every change that is being made. Going through the history of Agbor Kingdom, one will thank the gods for wisdom. Thus, everyone will join hands with me to reposition things the way they ought to be in order to restore our lost glory”.

Lol, you are being mischievous and funny, you took the dein words out of context to push your Igbophobic agenda, I will come back to that later, but first let me explain some to you and the onlooking audience.

There is nothing called Igbo language or Igbo culture.
Igbo Language and Igbo culture is the sum total of all the dialects and cultures found in all Igbo speaking clans.
For example, Omabe is Nsukka culture, but because Nsukka is Igbo, Omabe is also Igbo culture.
Uzoiyi is Umuoji culture, but because Umuoji is Igbo, Uzoiyi is also Igbo culture.
No Igbo person speak Igbo language, we all speak dialects of an imaginary Igbo language.
What you call Igbo language is actually an artificial construct made by linguists who took words from all Igbo dialects including from those of Anioma dialects, to for an artificial language that all Igbo tribes could understand and communicate with each other with, without much difficulty.
No one speak Igbo language in their villages in SE. An Nsukka speak Nsukka, Ezza speak Ezza, Ndoki speak Ndoki, Onitsha speak Onitsha, Ogidi speak Ogidi/Idemili, Awka speak Awka.
But when we all meet, especially in Igbo Urban areas, we drop our dialects and use the artificial construct called Igbo Izugbe, to aid communication and understanding across board.
Infact the first Igbo conference that started the mover to create Izugbe was held in Asaba in colonial area. It's also well known that professor Emenanjo from Anioma is one of the key brains behind current Igbo Izugbe curriculum. So you see, Anioma ( Enuani in particular) have always been key players in the evolution of what you call "Igbo language" today which we call "Igbo Izugbe" or central Igbo that has been very crucial in uniting distinct Igbo tribes.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 8:15am On Jul 22, 2023
He called on all Agbor indigenes to preserve Agbor culture and stop promoting Igbo culture. His words, “stop giving our children Igbo names. The native names given to our children should be pronounced and written in Agbor language and not in Igbo or Ika language as Agbor has its own unique language The Igbo red cap should also be dropped as it is not a native cap for Agbor Kingdom. Soon, I will start driving away my palace chiefs who are fond of coming to the palace, wearing in red caps. Agbor traditions should be respected and preserved for future generations. Parents and the elderly should teach our children and the youths the culture of Agbor”.

Now on you Dein Agbor stuff, I believe you were mischievous in choosing part of his words to use to push your agenda.
Dein is not against Igbo Language, because that will be like self fight, seeing as what Agbor speak is also part of the constituents that make up the artificial construct you call "Igbo language". If you are speaking Agbor, you are speaking Igbo grin.
What Dein was actually doing was that he wants Agbor dialect protected from being swallowed up by the artificial Igbo language construct.
Notice he didn't condemn the use of Igbo language, he also condemned the use of Ika language, he wants Agbor dialect strictly kept.
What he is doing is not disimilar to what Igbo tribes in SE is doing too. Everyone is fighting to preserve their own Igbo dialect from being swallowed up by "Igbo Izugbe".
My elder brother married an Abia woman, I remember the day she gave her daughter the name "Chizaram", my grandfather was not impressed at all. He felt Chizaram which is of Abia/Imo origin and has been chosen as Igbo Izugbe, is an attempt to erode his own Ogidi language.
He wondered why they didn't name the child "Chizalum" as we say in Ogidi. He wasn't impressed at all.
He has always been a purist and clannish.
He hates hearing names like Chinyere which he believes pose danger to his Idemili dialect.

Funny enough I was in an Ngwa and Ndoki Facebook page some time ago and they were complaining of same thing, they feel Igbo language is taking away their Ngwa and Ndoki languages.
They wondered why their daughters and sons are bearing names like Ifeoma, Ifeanyi, Emeka, etc, when they don't use such expressions in Ndoki/Ngwa, they rather say Iheoma, Iheanyi, and Emela (Chukwuemela instead of Chukwuemeka).
It might seem anti Igbo, but what Dein is doing out there is Igbotic. Igbos are naturally clannish and segregating rather than assimilating.
This is why I quickly dismissed cock and bull stories of Bini people who were turned Igbo overnight. Igbos don't accept strangers as part of our units. We are naturally clannish and everything is tied to Umunna/Obi (Kindred) all knitted together by blood ties, it's almost impossible to get in as a stranger.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Ekealterego: 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2023
Igboid:

Now on you Dein Agbor stuff, I believe you were mischievous in choosing part of his words to use to push your agenda.
Dein is not against Igbo Language, because that will be like self fight, seeing as what Agbor speak is also part of the constituents that make up the artificial construct you call "Igbo language". If you are speaking Agbor, you are speaking Igbo grin.
What Dein was actually doing was that he wants Agbor dialect protected from being swallowed up by the artificial Igbo language construct.
Notice he didn't condemn the use of Igbo language, he also condemned the use of Ika language, he wants Agbor dialect strictly kept.
What he is doing is not disimilar to what Igbo tribes in SE is doing too. Everyone is fighting to preserve their own Igbo dialect from being swallowed up by "Igbo Izugbe".
My elder brother married an Abia woman, I remember the day she gave her daughter the name "Chizaram", my grandfather was not impressed at all. He felt Chizaram which is of Abia/Imo origin and has been chosen as Igbo Izugbe, is an attempt to erode his own Ogidi language.
He wondered why they didn't name the child "Chizalum" as we say in Ogidi. He wasn't impressed at all.
He hates hearing names like Chinyere which he believes pose danger to his Idemili dialect.

Funny enough I was in an Ngwa and Ndoki Facebook page some time ago and they were complaining of same thing, they feel Igbo language is taking away their Ngwa and Ndoki languages.
They wondered why their daughters and sons are bearing names like Ifeoma, Ifeanyi, Emeka, etc, when they don't use such expressions in Ndoki/Ngwa, they rather say Iheoma, Iheanyi, and Emela (Chukwuemela instead of Chukwuemeka).
It might seem anti Igbo, but what Dein is doing out there is Igbotic. Igbos are naturally clannish and segregating rather than assimilating.
This is why I quickly dismissed cock and bull stories of Bini people who were turned Igbo overnight. Igbos don't accept strangers as part of our units. We are naturally clannish and everything is tied to Umunna/Obi (Kindred) all knitted together by blood ties, it's almost impossible to get in as a stranger.

LOL. You really came hard on the Bini immigrants.
Well, in context, "great" Bini fought the British with the stench of corpse and pushed their women to fight with pebbles for only 50 hours in total before it was burnt to the floor.

Enuani on the other hands fought for years. In the SE, apart from so many resistance, the fragmented small Arochukwu fought a full blown war with an empire with great resistance that the British had to reinforce again with more firepower and army.

So, if a "great kingdom" was crushed by a few criminal unskilled weak white men for a few days, how can you have pride coming from such a place when your own people were even able to put up a harder resistance.

As for Aboh and Ukwuani, I feel you have to exempt the Ndosumili people (Aboh aside). The euphoria of Ukwuani paying tax to Bini is not held so much with servient relish is not as strong within Ndosumili as it is with Ukwuani.

It's a shame, Aboh is suppose to compete with Onitsha and Asaba, but today, it's only but a sleepy hamlet, despite its strategic location.
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by clefstone(m): 11:21pm On Jul 23, 2023
Igboid:

Great write-up. You just got to the crux of the matter. There was nothing like a precolonial Igbo ethnicity. There was the Igbo language which outsiders mistook for an Igbo ethnicity. It is the reason Obi Ossai was erroneously referred to as the king of the Ibus by the expeditionists who most definitely got the info from non-Igbo speaking Aboh neighbours since the Obi was the only king of an Igbo speaking territory they knew and was also immensely powerful and influential. It is the same error of equating language to ethnicity that people of today continue to make.

Igbo ethnicity only started with the perception of or actual persecution of the Eastern Nigerians by the other section of the new country. Not all the Igbo speaking groups keyed into the new ethnic identity, though some groups in the East like the Onitshas who were once averse to the Igbo identity keyed in. Today, without the persecution complex and war memories, one cannot be Igbo. That is why IPOB could make little inroads into Asaba but not the rest of Igbo speaking Delta state. Return Nigeria to it's precolonial state and Igbo ethnicity dissolves. Fact!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by clefstone(m): 11:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
Ekealterego:

LOL. You really came hard on the Bini immigrants.
Well, in context, "great" Bini fought the British with the stench of corpse and pushed their women to fight with pebbles for only 50 hours in total before it was burnt to the floor.

Enuani on the other hands fought for years. In the SE, apart from so many resistance, the fragmented small Arochukwu fought a full blown war with an empire with great resistance that the British had to reinforce again with more firepower and army.

So, if a "great kingdom" was crushed by a few criminal unskilled weak white men for a few days, how can you have pride coming from such a place when your own people were even able to put up a harder resistance.

As for Aboh and Ukwuani, I feel you have to exempt the Ndosumili people (Aboh aside). The euphoria of Ukwuani paying tax to Bini is not held so much with servient relish is not as strong within Ndosumili as it is with Ukwuani.

It's a shame, Aboh is suppose to compete with Onitsha and Asaba, but today, it's only but a sleepy hamlet, despite its strategic location.
so how can you now explain Olaudah Equaino's writing that his village was part of the Benin Empire if Benin was a not so great Kingdom. I will explain how the Benin empire was easily defeated by the British after you explain Olaudah's writing
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Ekealterego: 10:29am On Jul 24, 2023
clefstone:
so how can you now explain Olaudah Equaino's writing that his village was part of the Benin Empire if Benin was a not so great Kingdom. I will explain how the Benin empire was easily defeated by the British after you explain Olaudah's writing
Olaudah never mentioned "Empire" but rather a "district of Benin". We can say it's semantics, but still, then the areas were known as "districts". All the recorded wars of Bini both with the British and during the Biafran wars ended super quickly.
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by samuk: 1:51pm On Jul 25, 2023
Ekealterego:

Olaudah never mentioned "Empire" but rather a "district of Benin". We can say it's semantics, but still, then the areas were known as "districts". All the recorded wars of Bini both with the British and during the Biafran wars ended super quickly.

Was there a recorded war between Benin and Biafra?

Did Benin have a standing army?

You are probably referring to Biafra invasion of Nigeria Mid Western territory.

I believe Mid West actually declared neutrality in the hostility before the unprovoked and poorly thought out invasion.

Anyway, it's on record that the Nigeria forces regained back their territory and Biafra lost the sympathy of otherwise neutral Mid West.

Lastly, it's on record how the Mid West under late Gen. Ogbemudia extended the Mid West good spirit of fellowship to the reabsorbed or recaptured Eastern region towards her redevelopment efforts.

Today, Nigeria is still suffering from the 1965 to 1970 miscalculations and missteps of our country men who were predominantly from one tribe.

The question still remains why Emmanuel Ifeajuna, an Onitsha man will lead a coup to overthrow a government headed by another Onitsha man Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe ( a proud Benin descendant).

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Ekealterego: 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2023
samuk:

I believe Mid West actually declared neutrality in the hostility before the unprovoked and poorly thought out invasion.

Anyway, it's on record that the Nigeria forces regained back their territory and Biafra lost the sympathy of otherwise neutral Mid West.

Lastly, it's on record how the Mid West under late Gen. Ogbemudia extended the Mid West good spirit of fellowship to the reabsorbed or recaptured Eastern region towards her redevelopment efforts.

Today, Nigeria is still suffering from the 1965 to 1970 miscalculations and missteps of our country men who were predominantly from one tribe.

The question still remains why Emmanuel Ifeajuna, an Onitsha man will lead a coup to overthrow a government headed by another Onitsha man Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe ( a proud Benin descendant).
Crafty selective amnesia you conjured up there.

Firstly you didn't mention the Bini expedition that lasted only 50 hours. The "great bini" were fighting with the stench of corpse while the Aros fought gallantly. Even a neighbouring Enuani fought. Did they also have a standing army?

How was Bini "a great empire" if they could be defeated so so easily that it was only the stench of human sacrifices that kept the victory longer than 24 hours? At a time when groups like Aros were making the British get modern reinforcements.

Another selective memory. Maj. Kaduna was the major head of the coup... and again.

So, all the destructive policies before and after the coupé after 5 decades, none was destructive... Or you people as usual would look for anything whether real or otherwise to blame the Igbo man for?
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by samuk: 10:01pm On Jul 26, 2023
Ekealterego:

Crafty selective amnesia you conjured up there.

Firstly you didn't mention the Bini expedition that lasted only 50 hours. The "great bini" were fighting with the stench of corpse while the Aros fought gallantly. Even a neighbouring Enuani fought. Did they also have a standing army?

How was Bini "a great empire" if they could be defeated so so easily that it was only the stench of human sacrifices that kept the victory longer than 24 hours? At a time when groups like Aros were making the British get modern reinforcements.

Another selective memory. Maj. Kaduna was the major head of the coup... and again.

So, all the destructive policies before and after the coupé after 5 decades, none was destructive... Or you people as usual would look for anything whether real or otherwise to blame the Igbo man for?

This same Benin is the ancestors of the greatest political figure, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe that Eastern Nigeria ever produce. After all the insults, you will have to live with the simple fact that the Zik of Africa is a proud descendant of Benin.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by AreaFada2: 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2023
samuk:

The govt was not led by Zik in reality. Zik was figurehead President pocketed by Bello and Balewa/NPC in connivance with the British.

Worse was the bad politics by Dr Nwafor Orizu immediately after the coup. If you read Shehu Shagari's book, you will see it there.
Orizu as SP was acting president when Zik was in the Caribbean as Jan 15th coup happened. As Balewa was missing and feared dead, Orizu should have made the senior minister Dipcharima acting Prime Minister instead of just phoning Zik abroad and leaving cabinet members including Dipcharima and Shagari, in his parlour (and go have a meeting with only Ironsi in the inner room).

Only to emerge from inner room and say Ironsi will take over the govt to provide security.
Everybody else took it as Igbo plan/plot and it looked suspiciously like it, whether true or not.

Orizu failed to be a statesman in a critical moment and no wonder he's hardly mentioned in 9ja history today.

Funny enough, the young officers were partly angered by how shabbily NPC/FG treated Awo, sending him to jail in Calabar. Today nobody mentions it, not even SW. Never weep more than the bereaved.
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by AreaFada2: 5:35pm On Jul 28, 2023
samuk:

This same Benin is the ancestors of the greatest political figure, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe that Eastern Nigeria ever produce. After all the insults, you will have to live with the fact that the Zik of Africa is a proud descendant of Benin.
Zik was unapologetically and proudly a Benin descendant. With full chest.

Something Ojukwu loathed him for but he didn't give a hoot.
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by samuk: 6:44pm On Jul 28, 2023
AreaFada2:

True.
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Evboesi: 5:57am On Jul 29, 2023
Igboid:
This is the truth and what Ndiigbo know of Bini and Western Igbo interactions and not the delusional stories some of you hold unto today.:

"Benin originated from Agbor. Ika had never been subjected to Benin or other trbes. Benins were weaker and fewer before 1897, Benin influence went no further than Ugo. Ikas harrassed Benins wth successful wars which led them to dig the trench around them".

~Agbor Patriotic Union 1939

This is what Chief E A Iduwe an Agbor chief had to say about Bini:

"Agbor speaks Ika dialect, akin to other Igbo tongues but with the special vehicle of Ika culture and image. It is DISTINCT AND DISSIMILAR FROM EDO LANGUAGE and vice versa, even though they said that Agbor was once under Oba's rule. This was so when the Bini were the first to acquire firearms from the Portuguese, and with which they TERRORIZED the neighbouring states. But this state of affairs lasted only for a short time. Agbors liberated themselves before the 18th century.
"Oru asuw Igbo, Igbo asuw Ika" : From this saying, Agbor appear to be the cradle of the Ika dialect and the and the Citadel of IGBO heroes" .

~ History of Greater Agbor page 14
Benin originated from Agbor bawo, see this goat.

Iduwe’s attempt at history is a desperate and laughable attempt at foolishness. Iduwe took tales of some drunk Oza nogogo and Ika elders and wrote that sham he calls history. That historical attempt by Ika and nogogo people in delta state is laughable. There are many ancient communities in Bini that predate Oza. And it is even a known fact among Oza people themselves. When we talk of ancient communities in Benin, Oza does not even come to mention.

The Binis were fewer before 1897, not because we are not ancient people, but because there was some systems in place (ritual killings and sacrifice, consistent wars between Bini and her neighbors which led to loss of lives, consistent migration away from the city and Bini land as a result of political turmoil,succession disputes which led to loss of lives on both side of persons supporting either princes)ensured the population did not grow astronomically and remained at a spotwhich are however absent today and has led to population explosion and growth among the Binis. You can deceive those ones in your camp. But the bigger Oza in Edo state are ruthless, there is no community that is more pro Bini than them. A worthy mention is the Oduwa imasuen,(yes the Oduwa Imasuen you know another is senior kings Ogbebor, Naomi Ehigie, Stanley Iyonawman, Fabomo Edoleyi, Richard Ugiagbe and so on. These guys from Oza in Edo state are self conscious of who they are and they are not deluded

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Evboesi: 6:08am On Jul 29, 2023
[/b]
Igboid:

Laughable.
[b]Both Aboh and Bini are too small in population and recent in terms of antiquity in comparison to Nsukka
It's ridiculous and outright delusional the sort of things you guys believe and project over there.
I can only shudder at how warped your mindsets are.

If at all there is transfer, it Should be from Nsukka to Igala and from Igala to Aboh.
Because Igbo Nsukka is very old and is one of the founding members of Igala ethnic group alongside the Yorubas, Junkun and Okpotos.

So the only plausible way the transfer you propose could have happened is from Nsukka to Igala and from Igala to Aboh.

But alas, Igala don't bear the name Ossai, so off goes that your little fantasy.

Keep running in circles.
maybe Aboh not Bini, in landmass the Bini’s land in Edo state is bigger than the entire Enugu state. In population the Binis are solidly 3 million and beyond. In antiquity and civilization, the Binis already had the Ogiso dynasty that started around 40Bc. I ask again how big is Nsukka, numerically and landmass wise?! I am aware the biggest subgroup in the east is the Ngwa and in all their glory, they cannot be more than 4 million. How then does the Bini is too small come to bear in this place ?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Evboesi: 6:17am On Jul 29, 2023
Efewestern:

I need to dig more into the Aboh-Bini relationship. It have always avoided that part of history because of its complexity and controversies.

But some questions beg for answer...

* Why was Aboh revered so much?
* Was the Obiship stool in Aboh a direct offshoot of Bini like that of Itsekiri ?
* Was Aboh considered an extension of Bini?

The reason I got into this slight argument with you is because you missed the point clefstone was trying to make when he mentioned there exists a Ndokwa name in a core Urhobo clan. The existence of such name wasn't as a result of cultural influence but migration and assimilation. I went further to give you examples of how Itsekiri names are found in several Urhobo clans. By the way, thanks for the references. I learnt a two.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For us to get a clearer view of the past, we need to understand how related groups once lived. Kingdoms/Empires weren't really a thing for most occupants of today's Delta State. The Edoid Aboriginals never had that zeal to build an empire, the only group that were able to get a meaningful kingdom got it through Bini influences or other external factors.

The Urhobos/Isokos built flourishing independent clans they guilded fiercely. These clans were in no way under the control of any external influences. While the Binis saw the Oba as a god on earth, the Urhobos/Isokos only reverved the throne due to the enormous power it carries and territories it controls. (Oba of Bini at his peak controlled the whole of Eastern Yoruba and faraway lagos).

When the British started indirect rule, the Urhobos who were mostly republican in nature started creating thrones and for these kingdoms to get validity, they sought out for the Oba's blessings.

These actions led to many erroneously thinking the Urhobos/Isokos were under the control of the reigning Oba. Infact, the Urhobos were the only group whose none of its land was under the Oba's control till this very day. Whereas, some Anioma and Itsekiri territory till this very day are still under the Oba's control (See Igbanke and Ologbo). The attempt to control Oghara was heavily resisted and the rest they say is history.

Non-Edoid groups in Delta state aside the Ijaws were easily penetrated and influenced. The Binis sent a prince to unite Ijebu riverine dwellers and the Itsekiri kingdom was made. The Igboid part of the state were already receiving influx of Bini migrants, so the ground was already soft for Bini influences. Maybe this was the reason Aboh built the most successful kingdom in Delta state.

Of all groups, I respect the Ijaws the most. They seems to be the oldest in the zone as they are visible in most of my ancestral trace and not a single Ijaw clan fell under the control of the Binis.

Cc: Igboid, clefstone, RedboneSmith
Ologbo is a shared community just like Warri, it does not belong to the Itsekiris, there are native Binis in Ologbo and they are not in anyway in the minority. It is a traditional Bini community that allowed settlements of the Itsekiris among them. I would like to see an excerpt whereby the Binis struggled Oghara (an Urhobo speaking community with the Urhobo speaking people of delta state. Igbanke was majorly Ogbemudia’s handiwork

You cannot be absolute with these things, this is history, the Ijaws were not really land people, they were riverine people, and besides the much touted Ughoton or Gwatto port, was Ughoton-Gele-Gele port and it was under the control of the Binis. Say what you know bro, say what you know

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Efewestern: 11:46am On Jul 29, 2023
Evboesi:

You cannot be absolute with these things, this is history, the Ijaws were not really land people, they were riverine people, and besides the much touted Ughoton or Gwatto port, was Ughoton-Gele-Gele port and it was under the control of the Binis. Say what you know bro, say what you know

Binis also had influences over Riverine communities. Controlled creeks in Ondo and extended influences to Iwerre. In all of these, no single Ijaw community in the Delta was influenced.

My point, Ijaws were the only group in the Delta or one of the few group that outsiders couldn't penetrate. Also, they seem to be the oldest indigenous group in Southern Nigeria that have held sway of their environment for centuries.

They had contacts with Edoid Aboriginals centuries before the Bini empire came to life and several Edoid communities was as a result of Ijaw/Urhobo/Isoko ancestral blend. Were they influenced by Edoid groups? Of course yes, The Ijaws had ancestors from Urhobo but they still maintained dominance of all their surroundings.

That's the point I was trying to pass.
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Evboesi: 11:54am On Jul 29, 2023
Efewestern:

Binis also had influences over Riverine communities. Controlled creeks in Ondo and extended influences to Iwerre. In all of these, no single Ijaw community in the Delta was influenced.

My point, Ijaws were the only group in the Delta or one of the few group that outsiders couldn't penetrate. Also, they seem to be the oldest indigenous group in Southern Nigeria that have held sway of their environment for centuries.

They had contacts with Edoid Aboriginals centuries before the Bini empire came to life and several Edoid communities was as a result of Ijaw/Urhobo/Isoko ancestral blend. Were they influenced by Edoid groups? Of course yes, The Ijaws had ancestors from Urhobo but they still maintained dominance of all their surroundings.

That's the point I was trying to pass.
you have changed your stance from to no single Ijaw clan to no Ijaw clan in delta, all the Ijaw communities in Edo state were dominated by the Binis. This is what I responded to

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Evboesi: 1:12pm On Jul 29, 2023
Efewestern:

Before I make comment on the Aboh kingdom and its relationship with the Bini, let me first correct the bolded.
[[/b]b]
First, several Urhobo/Isoko communities were already established before anything Bini Kingdom existed. They Urhobos were fully autonomous and independent from any external influences. I dare you to reference any Urhobo community/clan that was under the control of the Oba of Bini or any external force.

Directly or indirectly, no Urhobo clan was under the control of Oba of Bini and kingship in Urhobo land was too recent and it came out of the urge to belong. Only few Urhobo clans like Olomu, Agbon and maybe Ughelli had kings. The Urhobos operated a society that was far different from that of the Binis.

Bold of you to think Olu of Warri controlled the hinterland. Infact, the king of Iwerre was confined to his riverine communities. It was only recent did the Itsekiris migrated upland. Individual Urhobo communities controlled everywhere from Oghara down to Warri. Urhobo indigenous warriors (Igbu) were mainly stationed in bushes and forests.

Oba of Bini was an influential king in the whole of southern Nigeria, so non-powerful chiefs and leaders found in autonomous Urhobo communities would naturally want to associate with such greate power. Were the Urhobos under the control of Bini? Hell no! Did Oba of Bini appoint any leader to lead any Urhobo clan? Hell no!

I agree with your inputs. What happened in Aboh was similar to what happen to Warri. There was an exchange in power and I bet the power came from Bini.
in the eyes of historians, it might not be so true

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Efewestern: 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2023
Evboesi:
you have changed your stance from to no single Ijaw clan to no Ijaw clan in delta, all the Ijaw communities in Edo state were dominated by the Binis. This is what I responded to

Non-Edoid groups in Delta state aside the Ijaws were easily penetrated and influenced. The Binis sent a prince to unite Ijebu riverine dwellers and the Itsekiri kingdom was made. The Igboid part of the state were already receiving influx of Bini migrants, so the ground was already soft for Bini influences. Maybe this was the reason Aboh built the most successful kingdom in Delta state.

Of all groups, I respect the Ijaws the most. They seems to be the oldest in the zone as they are visible in most of my ancestral trace and not a single Ijaw clan fell under the control of the Binis.

Get the full context. We are talk about ethnic groups in Delta State and Bini influences on them. I mentioned Ijaw being the only group that wasn't influenced in anyway.

Besides, Ijaw migration to Bini and Ondo was a recent move. When you look at Ijaw natural abode you'd see a kind of disconnect.

Again, no clan of Ijaw fell to any external influences and they probably are the oldest indigenous people in SS as they seem to be rooted in most of our ancestral trace.
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by AreaFada2: 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2023
Evboesi:
Ologbo is a shared community just like Warri, it does not belong to the Itsekiris, there are native Binis in Ologbo and they are not in anyway in the minority. It is a traditional Bini community that allowed settlements of the Itsekiris among them. I would like to see an excerpt whereby the Binis struggled Oghara (an Urhobo speaking community with the Urhobo speaking people of delta state. Igbanke was majorly Ogbemudia’s handiwork

So they mean Ologbo that is under a Benin Enogie/Duke is what they claim is not Benin? grin grin cheesy cheesy
I know it's somewhat embarrassing for modern neighbours that were Benin vassals to accept the fact.
But history is what it is, and well-documented by outsiders. It doesn't make anyone inferior but no need trying to twist history.

USA was once a British colony. It doesn't make USA inferior.
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Efewestern: 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2023
Evboesi:
in the eyes of historians, it might not be so true

We are saying that same thing. Let me highlight my points for you incase there is a mix-up somewhere.

* Bini influences covers today Eastern Yoruba territory and Igbo-speaking part of Delta state.

* The Edoid groups in Delta built autonomous communities and have lived that way for centuries even before the Bini empire came to life.

* Kingship within the Edoid groups in Delta was too recent and so they sought out the blessing and validity of a superior Kingdom and king, reason chiefs/kings go to the Oba to seek approval when coronated. Traditional Urhobo clan operate a vary system where seniority in chief ranking determines who lead. This wasn't the way the Edoid groups in Benin lived.
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Ologbo147: 7:19pm On Jul 31, 2023
Who dae do this thing, is someone consciously trying to downplay the population of the Binis. Estimated 301,000 in 2023 when she has a voter’s registration figure of 310,000 in 2020 and has since gone beyond that with the 2022/2023 voter’s registration,

This same local government was 372,080 according to the 2006 census. All files as it pertains to the 2006 census figures of local government in Edo state show this local government to be 372,080 in 2006 census. So on what basis is the idiot estimating ?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 12:39am On Aug 01, 2023
AreaFada2:

In your dreams.
Lol!
Zik that was a powerful representative of Igbo Union and pushed Igbo interests whenever he could.
Be deceiving yourselves, be looking for Ndiigbo to attach to. Don't go produce your own great men.
When it serves your interests, Anioma and Onitsha becomes Bini,when it doesn't, they become Igbos,like Nzeogwu is Igbo and Ojukwu attempt to make Dr Okonkwo from Anioma as the governor of mid-western region was totally rejected and fought against by Bini people, as they considered it imposition of Igbo rule on them, they would have preferred that Ojukwu appointed a Edo man and not an Igbo man like Dr Okonkwo.

I don't blame you chameleonic entities, I blame Ndi Anioma who make it easy for you to play this diabolical games.
They are the ones to be blamed.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 12:44am On Aug 01, 2023
AreaFada2:

The govt was not led by Zik in reality. Zik was figurehead President pocketed by Bello and Balewa/NPC in connivance with the British.

Worse was the bad politics by Dr Nwafor Orizu immediately after the coup. If you read Shehu Shagari's book, you will see it there.
Orizu as SP was acting president when Zik was in the Caribbean as Jan 15th coup happened. As Balewa was missing and feared dead, Orizu should have made the senior minister Dipcharima acting Prime Minister instead of just phoning Zik abroad and leaving cabinet members including Dipcharima and Shagari, in his parlour (and go have a meeting with only Ironsi in the inner room).

Only to emerge from inner room and say Ironsi will take over the govt to provide security.
Everybody else took it as Igbo plan/plot and it looked suspiciously like it, whether true or not.

Orizu failed to be a statesman in a critical moment and no wonder he's hardly mentioned in 9ja history today.

Funny enough, the young officers were partly angered by how shabbily NPC/FG treated Awo, sending him to jail in Calabar. Today nobody mentions it, not even SW. Never weep more than the bereaved.

This is a senseless talk.
Orizu never had the military back up to refuse handing over to Ironsi who had control of the Khaki boys.
It's outright idiotic to assume that just because Orizu and Ironsi were Igbos, that Orizu had the option to refuse to hand over to a an armed military Ironsi with the military boys at his command.
Many of you are diabolical and the way you reason is troubling.
Even Ogundipe who was second in command to Ironsi ran away when Ironsi died because he didn't have the military boys control to take over or to stop Gowon coronation.
But somehow in your evil and twisted narratives, a hapless Orizu had options to refuse Ironsi and hand over to a civilian Government.
How you lots sat this without conscience is baffling.
This is why I remain anti NIGERIA unity and pro Igbo Independence.
Because Ndiigbo deserve a country free of such hateful beings like you who twist realities just to demonize Ndiigbo.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 12:57am On Aug 01, 2023
Evboesi:
Benin originated from Agbor bawo, see this goat.

Iduwe’s attempt at history is a desperate and laughable attempt at foolishness. Iduwe took tales of some drunk Oza nogogo and Ika elders and wrote that sham he calls history. That historical attempt by Ika and nogogo people in delta state is laughable. There are many ancient communities in Bini that predate Oza. And it is even a known fact among Oza people themselves. When we talk of ancient communities in Benin, Oza does not even come to mention.

The Binis were fewer before 1897, not because we are not ancient people, but because there was some systems in place (ritual killings and sacrifice, consistent wars between Bini and her neighbors which led to loss of lives, consistent migration away from the city and Bini land as a result of political turmoil,succession disputes which led to loss of lives on both side of persons supporting either princes)ensured the population did not grow astronomically and remained at a spotwhich are however absent today and has led to population explosion and growth among the Binis. You can deceive those ones in your camp. But the bigger Oza in Edo state are ruthless, there is no community that is more pro Bini than them. A worthy mention is the Oduwa imasuen,(yes the Oduwa Imasuen you know another is senior kings Ogbebor, Naomi Ehigie, Stanley Iyonawman, Fabomo Edoleyi, Richard Ugiagbe and so on. These guys from Oza in Edo state are self conscious of who they are and they are not deluded

Iduwe was right.
Bini is like Igala.
Both are hybrids and not original.

Bini was founded on Iduland( Ancient Land occupied by Igbos of Onitsha, and other Anioma clans), Udo( this was ancient Yoruba land that shared boundary with Idu an ancient Igbo land, both were located where modern Bini was built) and ancient Edoid groups like Oza and Esan,by Yoruba conquerors from Ile Ife.
They( the Yoruba conquerors) United the remnant of the Igbos, Edoids(Oza and Esan), Yorubas (Usen and co) and some Nupe elements as well, who remained after their invasion, to form the Amalgam you call Bini today.
Bini is a mixture of different groups.
This same scenario played out in Igala, where Ancient Igbo , Okpoto and Yoruba clans living side by side in Kogi were displaced by invading Junkun conquerors, who United them all to form the Amalgam called Igala.

In case of Bini the Esan, Oza and other Edoid speaking groups dominated, so the new language became Edoid, while the Ile Ife conquering party established the Oba dynasty.
In Igala case, Yorubas dominated, so the language stayed Yoruboid, while the conquering Junkuns established their dynasty.

Oza was there as a distinct group before Bini almagam was formed.
You see traces of incomplete assimilation into the almagam called Bini in Usen as the Yoruba components of Bini over there managed to retain their original language, just as Igbo speaking Igbanke and other pockets of Igbo enclaves in Edo South like Owariuzo and co did as well.

Iduwe's history was spot on.
Agbor is very much older than Bini. Just as Nsukka is older than IGALA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 1:17am On Aug 01, 2023
There is a pattern ancient Igbos named settlements.
Mostly is by topographical features.

If you are moving from Enugu to Abia State, the topography goes from hilly(Enugu) and slopes into a valley ( Agbor).
Hence you get towns like Agbor-ani ( Agbani), Agbor-ogwugwu( Agbogwugwu) as you move from Enugu to Abia .

Same Ancient Igbos replicated same name pattern in Anioma.
You move from Enuani (Oshimili/Aniocha) which is quite hilly, into a sloppy and less hilly terrain towards Edo, hence you have Agbor, should have been fully called (Agbor-ani) to compliment the Enu-ani at the upper most end of the landscape/terrain.
This is how you know our Igbo ancestors were same people and had nothing to do with Bini which they were part of original components that formed it, in conjunction with Yorubas ( who were/ remain the conquering and rulling class, and other Indigenous Edoids who are still fighting up to today to displace the new Yoruba Oba dynasty, which is the root of the protracted battle between Ogiemien (the leader of one of original Edoid Indigenes of where Bini was built) and the Oba (the Yoruba ruling dynasty that ousted the Ogiemien).

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Evboesi: 1:31am On Aug 01, 2023
Igboid:

Iduwe was right.
Bini is like Igala.
Both are hybrids and not original.

Bini was founded on Iduland( Ancient Land occupied by Igbos of Onitsha, and other Anioma clans), Udo( this was ancient Yoruba land that shared boundary with Idu an ancient Igbo land, both were located where modern Bini was built) and ancient Edoid groups like Oza and Esan,by Yoruba conquerors from Ile Ife.
They( the Yoruba conquerors) United the remnant of the Igbos, Edoids(Oza and Esan), Yorubas (Usen and co) and some Nupe elements as well, who remained after their invasion, to form the Amalgam you call Bini today.
Bini is a mixture of different groups.
This same scenario played out in Igala, where Ancient Igbo , Okpoto and Yoruba clans living side by side in Kogi were displaced by invading Junkun conquerors, who United them all to form the Amalgam called Igala.

In case of Bini the Esan, Oza and other Edoid speaking groups dominated, so the new language became Edoid, while the Ile Ife conquering party established the Oba dynasty.
In Igala case, Yorubas dominated, so the language stayed Yoruboid, while the conquering Junkuns established their dynasty.

Oza was there as a distinct group before Bini almagam was formed.
You see traces of incomplete assimilation into the almagam called Bini in Usen as the Yoruba components of Bini over there managed to retain their original language, just as Igbo speaking Igbanke and other pockets of Igbo enclaves in Edo South like Owariuzo and co did as well.

Iduwe's history was spot on.
Agbor is very much older than Bini. Just as Nsukka is older than IGALA.
your post reeks of confusion and lack of knowledge, I don’t know where to start attacking your argument from.

There is nothing like a Bini almagam, Usen and other border area towns, to the west of course, are bilingual because of two reasons, is only normal communities to the west and east especially at the periphery speak an additional language, it is a common theory anywhere in the world, don’t make a conspiracy out of it.

One of them is this, because they border Ondo state, and it could be because of the same way Ekpon happened,

There is nothing ancient about Oza, your oga Ogbuefi seem more knowledgeable than you on this subject matter, they offended the Oba in the fifteenth century and fled to Agbor, that was the beginning of Oza.

Many Esan communities were formed or became considerably larger because several Bini people fled Bini in droves because of political turmoil, and many Esan communities were formed, most of their oral tales attest to that,

Iduwe’s junk is not corroborated by Bini city or Udo, that’s how you know junk, There was no conquering party anywhere, not one recorded by Bini nor Ife, Bini is spoken along some 8,600 kilometers square of land. It is only at the periphery you see bilingual groups which is normal everywhere. Udo does not speak Yoruba and she has no tradition of Coming from there. Udo is as ancient as time and she reeks Edo all through and through. Benin does not have any tales of being an Igbo land. At best, she hosted some who later returned to their land. The core was and is still Edo. What about Urhonigbe, it is far older than anything Oza can think of, aside the fact, that the Olokun worship started there, many communities to the east of Benin has history of migration from Urhonigbe

Idu was an ancestor, as we have families trace to it, these families have origins from Udo!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Igboid: 8:16am On Aug 01, 2023
Evboesi:
your post reeks of confusion and lack of knowledge, I don’t know where to start attacking your argument from.

There is nothing like a Bini almagam, Usen and other border area towns, to the west of course, are bilingual because of two reasons, is only normal communities to the west and east especially at the periphery speak an additional language, it is a common theory anywhere in the world, don’t make a conspiracy out of it.

One of them is this, because they border Ondo state, and it could be because of the same way Ekpon happened,

There is nothing ancient about Oza, your oga Ogbuefi seem more knowledgeable than you on this subject matter, they offended the Oba in the fifteenth century and fled to Agbor, that was the beginning of Oza.

Many Esan communities were formed or became considerably larger because several Bini people fled Bini in droves because of political turmoil, and many Esan communities were formed, most of their oral tales attest to that,

Iduwe’s junk is not corroborated by Bini city or Udo, that’s how you know junk, There was no conquering party anywhere, not one recorded by Bini nor Ife, Bini is spoken along some 8,600 kilometers square of land. It is only at the periphery you see bilingual groups which is normal everywhere. Udo does not speak Yoruba and she has no tradition of Coming from there. Udo is as ancient as time and she reeks Edo all through and through. Benin does not have any tales of being an Igbo land. At best, she hosted some who later returned to their land. The core was and is still Edo. What about Urhonigbe, it is far older than anything Oza can think of, aside the fact, that the Olokun worship started there, many communities to the east of Benin has history of migration from Urhonigbe

Idu was an ancestor, as we have families trace to it, these families have origins from Udo!

Idu as an ancestor is a Bini modern day fabrication as usual.
Usen is bilingual because they are remnants of aboriginal Yorubas in Udo that were not assimilated fully into the Bini Amalgam.
It happens.
Nope, they didn't offend Oba. They rejected the new Yoruba order from Ife in Bini and had to leave.
Esan is older than Bini which is both a recent Amalgam formed by Esan, Igbo, Oza, Yoruba ( the rulers) and Nupe refugees.
Your claims are ridiculous. Ofcourse some Esan groups were able to resist the Amalgam and free their homelands on which modern Bini Amalgam stand on.

Bini has no land to start with because Bini is a recent Amalgam.
This is why Anioma communities speak of origin from parts of where you call Bini today.
They are not speaking of origin from modern Bini,they are speaking of origin from ancient Igbo communities in the land called Bini today many of which was involved in the Bini Amalgam formation.
The oral history is not totally wrong, it's just that it's misinterpreted.
It's same way Igbos in Enugu North speak of origin from Igala, the oral history is not wrong because there were ancient Igbo communities existing in where Idah and other Igala communities stand today, many were forced to retreat southwards towards Nsukka, leaving their lands and relatives who accepted the new Junkun order that formed the Igala Amalgam behind.

Igala and Bini elders know this history.
But lies and need for pride and expansionism has beclouded your reasoning and will never allow modern Igala and Bini people come out with the truth.
It's the Amalgam (multi Ethnic) that gives rice of many ethnicities having histories of origin Bini or Igala, when they don't speak those languages.
It's because they are actually speaking of origin from their ethnic component that was involved in Bini and Igala formation.
It makes sense.
It's like an Irish person saying his parents are from USA, he is not speaking about blacks or other ethnicities of USA, he is speaking of his Irish speaking ancestors that were involved in USA formation.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Evboesi: 8:44am On Aug 01, 2023
Igboid:

Idu as an ancestor is a Bini modern day fabrication as usual.
Usen is bilingual because they are remnants of aboriginal Yorubas in Udo that were not assimilated fully into the Bini Amalgam.
It happens.
Nope, they didn't offend Oba. They rejected the new Yoruba order from Ife in Bini and had to leave.
Esan is older than Bini which is both a recent Amalgam formed by Esan, Igbo, Oza, Yoruba ( the rulers) and Nupe refugees.
Your claims are ridiculous. Ofcourse some Esan groups were able to resist the Amalgam and free their homelands on which modern Bini Amalgam stand on.

Bini has no land to start with because Bini is a recent Amalgam.
This is why Anioma communities speak of origin from parts of where you call Bini today.
They are not speaking of origin from modern Bini,they are speaking of origin from ancient Igbo communities in the land called Bini today many of which was involved in the Bini Amalgam formation.
The oral history is not totally wrong, it's just that it's misinterpreted.
It's same way Igbos in Enugu North speak of origin from Igala, the oral history is not wrong because there were ancient Igbo communities existing in where Idah and other Igala communities stand today, many were forced to retreat southwards towards Nsukka, leaving their lands and relatives who accepted the new Junkun order that formed the Igala Amalgam behind.

Igala and Bini elders know this history.
But lies and need for pride and expansionism has beclouded your reasoning and will never allow modern Igala and Bini people come out with the truth.
It's the Amalgam (multi Ethnic) that gives rice of many ethnicities having histories of origin Bini or Igala, when they don't speak those languages.
It's because they are actually speaking of origin from their ethnic component that was involved in Bini and Igala formation.
It makes sense.
It's like an Irish person saying his parents are from USA, he is not speaking about blacks or other ethnicities of USA, he is speaking of his Irish speaking ancestors that were involved in USA formation.

I am a civil person but I may be forced to insult you to end this conversation quickly, Usen and Udo is not close, Udo did not have any tales of coming from Yoruba land, nor does she speak Yoruba or have any any customs from Yoruba

There is no fabrication, Udo is by far the oldest town in Bini, The Bini ethnicity is an organized setting, nothing just happens, Benin has a lineage system and about 3 families trace their origin to Idu as our ancestor, those families has their salutation as La-Idu long before you were born, long before your ancestors came from Somalia

Usens are bilinguals just as Ekpon is bilingual, just as Orogun is bilingual, just as those Igbos that are very close to Akwa Ibom are bilinguals. It is the norm everywhere.

If it is the new Yoruba order from Ife they resisted, why did they leave 300 years after. That is the account we have, they offended the Oba and they had to leave, I am surprised you would not take your master’s word this time around. Also go and read the account of Bini and Ife again, there was no conquest party in such records. You seem like one who happily take solace in such theories even when there is no backing

There is nothing like nupe refugees in Benin, I might need an excerpt from you,

Claims how, there was nothing like a Bini almagam, Esan land has always been Edo central, (about 3000km2)there were steady migrations in droves from Benin to the north of Benin which is Esan land and the oral traditions of their over thirty kingdoms attest to that fact. Any material you pick up today on Esan history points to Bini even written by thier scholars,

Many of these people that speak of coming from Benin have Bini names especially in the Ika and Anioma areas. Brace up reality, they actually migrated to those areas, you have to come to terms with this fact, I might be forced to think that Ika was actually Edoid land but was overwhelmed by migration from Igbo, the Ehi they used and some other Edo words seem to lend credence to that, namings of streets, Go and see namings of street in Agbor and Abavo even Owa, you would be shocked, how did it get there? See names of Ika elites, they are majorly Binis , even everyday people, I met a lot In school, even Lagos, you see someone with the name Irabor, Isibor and you walk up to them and they tell you they are Ika
Words like the word for native doctor, and some other words that are going extinct now. I am not asking anyone to take my pov

The Bini landmass scares you grin yes the Bini Language is spoken around some 8,600 km square, no Esan community is in Edo south

You stay in Ogidi and think the Edo tribe comprised just of Bini city ,(I mean the city now, Udo, Usen and Igbanke. That is where you have problem. Not knowing that there are hundreds of Bini communities around Benin city which is at the centre then it dissipates down to the east and west, that is why you keep screaming mixed, . I have seen you are allergic to learning,Usen my brother is at best 2.5 % of Bini population

Ogbuefi is by far a bigger man than you can ever be here, and besides he is Ika, and according to that excerpts, he said according to our history, which is corroborated by the Bini account.

My brother you might need a crash course on Bini, I might ask you to do some research on Bini, Bini is beyond Usen, Udo , Igbanke, Benin city. There are over 400 Bini speaking communities situated on a landmass of 8,600 km square. Your write up I am telling you is unapologetically flawed more so with arrogance. If you want evidence I can provide immediately

1 Like

Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Evboesi: 10:27am On Aug 01, 2023
Efewestern:

We are saying that same thing. Let me highlight my points for you incase there is a mix-up somewhere.

* Bini influences covers today Eastern Yoruba territory and Igbo-speaking part of Delta state.

* The Edoid groups in Delta built autonomous communities and have lived that way for centuries even before the Bini empire came to life.

* Kingship within the Edoid groups in Delta was too recent and so they sought out the blessing and validity of a superior Kingdom and king, reason chiefs/kings go to the Oba to seek approval when coronated. Traditional Urhobo clan operate a vary system where seniority in chief ranking determines who lead. This wasn't the way the Edoid groups in Benin lived.
Edoid groups in Edo state, there is only one Edoid group in Benin which is Bini
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by NLegendforte: 12:20pm On Aug 17, 2023
wesley80:
LOL. You'd think people that open their mouths to talk BS about other people would do the most basic thing common sense requires; read! Even if you want to lie, why lie with someone as eminent as Azikiwe?
Oga I am from nnewi, this is not the history of nnewi. This is history revisionism. I can help a bit if you are interested. Don't rely on Wikipedia for accurate history account. By the way I am from nnewichi quarter in nnewi.
Re: Igbo Origin Of The Ndoni And Aboh People - Ndoni Historian by Swiftgrp: 6:46pm On Nov 19, 2023
Igboid:

You are not the brightest bulb in the Christmas tree, are you?
Isoko, Urhobo and co all speak an Edoid language, so their migration from Bini story is legit! Because Bini speaks an Edoid language too.
Language is the greatest pointer of origin.
Also Epie-Attisa in Bayelsa, Engenni in far away Rivers State have histories of Bini origin and you see this in the fact that the people despite being surrounded by Ijoid speakers,speak an Edoid language as mother tongue!

In Delta State, Odiani communities in Aniocha have history of migrants from Owo Division of Ondo and we see that in the fact that some of them speak a Yoruboid language as mother tongue.
Ebu in same Aniocha area has history of migrants from Igala and the people speak Igala dialect as mother tongue.
Oza nogogo people in Agbor has history of migrants from Edo, and they speak an Edoid language as mother tongue.
These things are rational and not hard to figure except when one want to indulge in self delusion.
A people language will always reflect where the overwhelming population of the people originated from. It's that simple. Anything else is mere fantasy and wishful thinking.

Bini origin claimants in Oguta are no different from Jewish origin claimants in Aguleri and environment.
They are all clownish wishful dreamers. No one, not even themselves, take themselves serious.
We all know they are all suffering from inferiority complex and we are ever ready to welcome all of them back to earth when they are done.
Any claim by Igbo speaking group that traces their origin to smaller non Igbo speaking groups outside Igboland is pure fallacy and wishful thinking stories cobbled by lying ancestors suffering from inferiority complex.
No Anthropologist will take such serious.

Yes! Aboh couldn't have originated from Bini and not be speaking an Edoid dialect as mother tongue. It's impossible! If you say a few founding fathers of Aboh, maybe the rulling class are of Bini origin, maybe I can reluctantly agree, but there is no denying the fact that overwhelming (at least 90%) of people in Aboh today are originated from Igbo speaking ancestors which is why the language of Aboh stayed Igbo. This is common sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Eat Bush Rat And Not House Rat? / Influence Of Western Culture On Nigerians Fashion And Style Of Dressing / Horn Africans Are NOT BLACK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 201
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.