Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,967 members, 7,799,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! (8488 Views)

Phpbrowserbox 4.0 Is Out - Portable Webkit/PHP 7 Combined / PHP Code To Insert And Retrieve Images From Mysql Server / Phpbrowserbox Goes Open-source! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
This is a standalone windows browser that allows you to package your entire web application. It supports HTML5, CSS 3, Javascript, and also provides an internal PHP/MySQL server.
If you do not require MySQL support, you can look at https://sourceforge.net/p/phpbrowserbox/ How it works: It does not need an installation, you just run it directly from a pc, you can even run from your flashdrive. And it does not conflict with regular servers like wamp or other apache server.

How it works:
It does not need an installation, you just run it directly from a pc, you can even run from your flashdrive. And it does not conflict with regular servers like wamp or other apache server.

Learn more about it here - http://www.Nairaland.com/forum/topic/introduction-to-the-phpbrowserbox

Download the application here - http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpbrowserbox/
Once the browser loads, it starts its internal php server and displays the default index.php almost immediately.

Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 13, 2016
You're doing a nice job, I used this back when it didn't support database
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 13, 2016
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 13, 2016
iamDemigod:
Interesting, you are most welcome!
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by ivcraig(m): 10:52am On Jan 13, 2016
Excellent job bro. This is exactly what I need. Keep me updated on new projects.
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 13, 2016
Well, i shall try. Or you might just be monitoring my new (unlaunched) portal - www.Nairaland.com - and be getting first-hand information.

One of the new stuffs coming up (remaining documentation only) is actually a socket-server solution that can enable you achieve high-speed communication between a PHP server and any client (from ordinary html5 page running in browser to android app(native or hybrid), ios app and whatever).
This solution can be used to develop a chat solution with speeds rivalling whatsapp/bbm (depending on your php server).
Chai, i am talking too much. . . .just watch out.
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
Guys, there was a mistake in the download link - but i have corrected it now - the recent phpbrowserbox is - https://sourceforge.net/p/phpbrowserbox/
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by databoy247(m): 2:55pm On Jan 13, 2016
Hmmm...baba, always ahead of his boys us in the game grin

Would have been cool if its launched in India....those coders there can give it a global download.
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 13, 2016
so we ain't got coders in naija be that now?
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by OmniPotens(m): 10:12am On Jan 14, 2016
databoy247:
Hmmm...baba, always ahead of his boys us in the game grin
Would have been cool if its launched in India....those coders there can give it a global download.

Are you feeling inferior? You meaning that we here aren't better than a lot of them there?
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by seunoni34(m): 1:28pm On Jan 17, 2016
dhtml18:
This is a standalone windows browser that allows you to package your entire web application. It supports HTML5, CSS 3, Javascript, and also provides an internal PHP/MySQL server.
If you do not require MySQL support, you can look at https://sourceforge.net/p/phpbrowserbox/ How it works: It does not need an installation, you just run it directly from a pc, you can even run from your flashdrive. And it does not conflict with regular servers like wamp or other apache server.

How it works:
It does not need an installation, you just run it directly from a pc, you can even run from your flashdrive. And it does not conflict with regular servers like wamp or other apache server.

Learn more about it here - http://www.Nairaland.com/forum/topic/introduction-to-the-phpbrowserbox

Download the application here - http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpbrowserbox/
Once the browser loads, it starts its internal php server and displays the default index.php almost immediately.
Wow this is great
Have you heard about php nightrain too? Tried it one time like that but dropped it latter as a result of memory leak issues.
Hope this one won't give me any ish?
Thanks for sharing, some Programmers will rather keep such info to themselves.
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
seunoni34:

Wow this is great
Have you heard about php nightrain too? Tried it one time like that but dropped it latter as a result of memory leak issues.
Hope this one won't give me any ish?
Thanks for sharing, some Programmers will rather keep such info to themselves.
I have not seen the php nightrain actually. As for memory leak, well, I have fixed that as best as I can. you can test it and get back to me.
Well, as for keeping the info to myself, I made the package myself just for the fun of it. In reality, I have not yet used it for any real life project, but many of my friends have and they all say it is awesome.
This latest update is based on the feature requests as well as challenges faced by some in the previous versions.

1 Like

Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by seunoni34(m): 10:57am On Jan 18, 2016
dhtml18:

I have not seen the php nightrain actually. As for memory leak, well, I have fixed that as best as I can. you can test it and get back to me.
Well, as for keeping the info to myself, I made the package myself just for the fun of it. In reality, I have not yet used it for any real life project, but many of my friends have and they all say it is awesome.
This latest update is based on the feature requests as well as challenges faced by some in the previous versions.
aite bro.
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
seunoni34:
aite bro.
but if we do find any memory leakage, we go take chewing gum patch am.
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by ivcraig(m): 8:26pm On Jan 30, 2016
SeunOni your site needs more work. It's seems unfinished and very much unresponsive. You fit contract me, make I finish am up for you.
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by directonpc(m): 5:45am On Jan 31, 2016
Nice work tho I don't get where it can help me.
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 31, 2016
^^^Same here o. I am yet to use it for anything, but some of my developer dudes have used it for real-life stuffs. They were the ones that pushed for these updates.
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 29, 2016

1 Like

Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by randomspy(f): 5:22pm On Mar 01, 2016
ivcraig:
SeunOni your site needs more work. It's seems unfinished and very much unresponsive. You fit contract me, make I finish am up for you.
what exactly is unfinished about the site ?
please show me what you've done , lets see if it can beat the one you're criticizing

1 Like

Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 01, 2016
*Spreads mat*
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by bakenda(m): 5:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
Kudos man. This is a great one coming from Naija.

Can you explain how to use it, what do I run/how do I run it?
Let's say my application folder in htdocs is named myapp,
how do I run myapp application with this...and the database tables....?
Can everything be converted into an exe file?
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 14, 2016
Uhm, I need to write an extensive document for this stuff. Because it can run a node.js application too.

Well, you cannot convert to an EXE unfortunately, but you can make a setup package out of it by using all these MSI creators.
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by bakenda(m): 5:46pm On Jul 14, 2016
Ok. Can you just give a quick how-to-use guide here...
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2016
go to - https://sourceforge.net/p/phpbrowserbox/
download the stuff and unzip it on your pc.

double click the phpbrowserbox executable in the folder and it will start up.

You will find your htdocs in the root folder where you can put your php files. The index.php is loaded automatically.
It is just very similar to wamp, xamp etc

You can see the binary folders inside the bin folder containing mysql, apache and php.

You can configure it in a similar way like wamp/xamp.

And you should not forget that this stuff can run a NODE.JS application too.

And it is easy to configure. If you want to use it for just node.js, you can remove the bin folder, and tweak the main controller which is the index.html in the root folder - that is the main node.js/node webkit script that runs the whole app.
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 18, 2016
DHTML18...

Greetings bro.. I downloaded the PHPbrowser box successfully from Sourceforge...

However, When I run the app, It opens and shows a blank screen. I am using windows 7 and and I am running on 1GB Ram..

I dont really know why it is not running as required.. Any ideas as to why this happens...
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nmeri17: 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2016
elpedro:
Greetings bro.. I downloaded the PHPbrowser box successfully from Sourceforge...

However, When I run the app, It opens and shows a black screen. I am using windows 7 and and I am running on 1GB Ram..

I dont really know why it is not running as required.. Any ideas as to why this happens...
it's working fine bro smiley actually, that's just how he decided to design the app. To be able to use the app, you'll have to point a torchlight or candles at your laptop screen just as you would in a dark room wink
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 18, 2016
Nmeri17:
it's working fine bro smiley actually, that's just how he decided to design the app. To be able to use the app, you'll have to point a torchlight or candles at your laptop screen just as you would in a dark room wink
Santa maria! You no serious at all.

There has been one reported bug however - when WAMP/XAMP server is running, it shows a blank screen. Unfortunately, my list of TODOs is quite long, and I have not been able to investigate this problem.
But I do know that it does not share ports with these servers, but I shall check it all the same when i have time. It is not easy to be a software philanthropist!
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 18, 2016
Nmeri17:

Lol... Maybe that was a typo... I meant to say that it shows a Blank screen... It's quite different from the screenshot on this page....
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 18, 2016
elpedro:

Lol... Maybe that was a typo... I meant to say that it shows a Blank screen... It's quite different from the screenshot on this page....
Do you have any server like WAMP/XAMP running while testing out the app?
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 18, 2016
dhtml18:

Do you have any server like WAMP/XAMP running while testing out the app?

Nope... Only Phpbrowserbox....
Re: Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 18, 2016
elpedro:

Nope... Only Phpbrowserbox....
What is your system configuration?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Android Programing And Web Programing, Which One Is Better? / My First Real PHP Based Website / Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.