Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,597 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Phpbrowserbox 4.0 Is Out - Portable Webkit/PHP 7 Combined - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Phpbrowserbox 4.0 Is Out - Portable Webkit/PHP 7 Combined (3335 Views)

What If You Combined A Social Network And A Forum. I Just Did It, Check It Out / ALC 2.0 Is Here / PHP Browserbox 5.0 Is Out With Its Own Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phpbrowserbox 4.0 Is Out - Portable Webkit/PHP 7 Combined by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
For those of you that still remember, this is one of my side projects and kicked off about 3 years ago, and has come a long way.

There has been lots of changes over time, and the application has helped a lot of developers not only in Nigeria but other countries too.

If you do not know what this project is about, you can check here - https://www.nairaland.com/2860940/phpbrowserbox-update-google-chrome-php

It now has a total of 3,044 downloads, but I am not stopping there. I have been getting a lot reviews, comments and suggestions. And because of this, I decided to pause the migration of Nairaland.com to attend to my fan requests.

Here are the changes in this upcoming update:
1. I am moving away from using the PHP internal webserver which is cool but is not as powerful as apache and most importantly - it does not support .htaccess (which is a major drawback)

2. The current build seems to have issues on some 32 bit windows - due to a fault in compilation.

3. The current version uses way too much languages: a little of visual basic 6.0 (the original browserbox worked on any windows greater than Xp), C++ (to do some silly shell functions), php cli (to support C++ since my PHP was stronger than my c++), and Node webkit (to build the browser interface), some batch files etc - phew, i sweat just to remember all that.

This new version has completely elimated all that and works using NODE.JS (+node webkit) alone - which follows simple logic before node webkit has grown more powerful, and i want to believe that my proficiency with NODE.JS has stepped up in 3 years

4. For those like guru (make them no fry my a$$), it is now running on Apache 2.4.20 / php 7.0.8 / mysql 5.7.13.

More Features:
- It is completely open-source and easy to follow if you are a PHP developer (and a NODE Webkit Developer especially)
- This new application is faster than the previous ones
- Memory leakages have been addressed and crashed should be fewer
- 32 and 64 bits support
And much more, you can get it at https://sourceforge.net/projects/phpbrowserbox/

1 Like

Re: Phpbrowserbox 4.0 Is Out - Portable Webkit/PHP 7 Combined by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 01, 2016
And that does it guys, it is out!!!
Re: Phpbrowserbox 4.0 Is Out - Portable Webkit/PHP 7 Combined by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 02, 2016
What can we use it for, sir?

1 Like

Re: Phpbrowserbox 4.0 Is Out - Portable Webkit/PHP 7 Combined by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 02, 2016
Lets say you build a website such as a school portal with lets say codigniter, and you want to package the website into a windows app. Then you can use phpbrowserbox to do something like that.
Re: Phpbrowserbox 4.0 Is Out - Portable Webkit/PHP 7 Combined by guru01(m): 1:48pm On Jul 02, 2016
Hi bro nice job.
Keep up the good work.
Re: Phpbrowserbox 4.0 Is Out - Portable Webkit/PHP 7 Combined by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2016
Please I need testers o.
Re: Phpbrowserbox 4.0 Is Out - Portable Webkit/PHP 7 Combined by WhyAmISoQuiet: 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
Will check it out
Re: Phpbrowserbox 4.0 Is Out - Portable Webkit/PHP 7 Combined by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
5 /5 review . This shows that php can be used with high level languages .
Re: Phpbrowserbox 4.0 Is Out - Portable Webkit/PHP 7 Combined by xgamanet: 5:06am On Nov 14, 2016
Is great, is a portable wamp server with browser (webkit) included as webrunner, I use wamp server and prism (a dead mozilla project) but this webrunner did not support html5, but this one uses almost the last webkit (that's cool cool ) , .. the only one but it does not allow me to use phpbrowserbox is the direct impression, without dialog-box or -silet-print or webkit have that function?

nice work!! grin

1 Like

Re: Phpbrowserbox 4.0 Is Out - Portable Webkit/PHP 7 Combined by uvalued(m): 8:25am On Nov 16, 2016
xgamanet:
Is great, is a portable wamp server with browser (webkit) included as webrunner, I use wamp server and prism (a dead mozilla project) but this webrunner did not support html5, but this one uses almost the last webkit (that's cool cool ) , .. the only one but it does not allow me to use phpbrowserbox is the direct impression, without dialog-box or -silet-print or webkit have that function?

nice work!! grin

hello are you saying that the phpbrowserbox supports webkit like mozilla firefox? pls explain thanks
Re: Phpbrowserbox 4.0 Is Out - Portable Webkit/PHP 7 Combined by Echatbook: 11:20am On Nov 20, 2016
I guess phpwebrowser performs the same function as USBWebserver right
Re: Phpbrowserbox 4.0 Is Out - Portable Webkit/PHP 7 Combined by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 17, 2017
bot101:

Is it possible to get a version of phpbrowserbox that runs postgre sql instead of mysql? I need this asap, thanks.
my table don full at the moment. But the phpbrowserbox at least the latest version is fully configurable. You can setup your database inside it, but it takes some knowledge sha.
Re: Phpbrowserbox 4.0 Is Out - Portable Webkit/PHP 7 Combined by dhtml6(m): 3:40pm On Mar 02, 2023
You can just follow the updates here: https://github.com/dhtml/phpbrowserbox

I just revamped the website: https://phpbrowserbox.com to reflect the new changes:

It supports Wordpress readily, laravel and other PHP frameworks (or even custom PHP).

(1) (Reply)

85% Intelligent Ai For Football Betting / Can You Develop Applications With Your Smartphone? / C++ Code To Add, Subtract, Multiply, And Find Deteminant Of Matrix?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.