Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 (45591 Views)

$2b Arms Deal: EFCC Confronts Dasuki, Dokpesi & Co With Evidence Of Transactions / $2b Arms: EFCC Weighs Its Options On Jonathan- The Nation / Buhari Orders Arrest Of Dasuki, Others Over Arms Procurement Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by free2ryhme: 1:00pm On Jan 13, 2016
northernboy:
sharap

malo grin
Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 13, 2016
AmazonKindle:
$2b is not missing considering APC and it lies.the money if missing is not up to the stated amount efcc is bragging about as missing.

the money dasuki is sharing is possible for PDP or the president to source for that money or own such cash if wr consider a Niger delta governors like ibori did support yaradua wit N12b at a point.
ameachi only GOd know the quantum of money he spend on buhari election.

total money dasuki claim to be share is not yet even 3billion naira and they are claiming in dollars.

if he used of the money is different that to say he used 2billiob dollars.

yet ngozi and Jonathan not yet indict.
the day they will invite Jonathan that is the day APC will disgrace their lies to nigerians

oga na your phone dey cause this errors? i cant decode what am reading o
Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by Forwetinnah: 1:23pm On Jan 13, 2016
anonimi:

Yet he was part of the Buharigate having collected:

- Two SUVs to replace just one that was attacked.
- $300,000

Only zombie mumus will believe all this media trial and STORIES of $2 billion.
Are there many like that on this forum

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3209654_emmy20151220190316_jpegc47d052d19c3ecab65ee8172a4d0da23

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3191654_1239200310207040029852596885005702579760607n_jpeg655e00798ae6d4674d9087bb4277b198

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3217624_screenshot201512221843041_jpeg0bca3f7425a3c05755efcce69260c694

Cc Rawani

Like is said, sue Adesina for being a loose mouth.

*back to the topic*
So GEJ had already addressed this issue last year. I guess the people who said his silence is deafening must be blind or jinxed with Aisha's Jollof Rice/ Brown envelope

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by Abeymills(m): 1:24pm On Jan 13, 2016
Yeye govt liars destroyers haters look at d economy going worst nigerain budget missing political prostitution because wen u join apc looters destroyers killers kidnappers lyers like lie muhamed n co thieves like obj amechi fashola sins wil b forgiven its a big shame nigeria is gettin worst under dis tyrant bubuhari wat a shame naira is on a free fall economy is drownin all dey kip doing is blame game its obly zombies n fools dat will bliv apc
Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by Amanwulu1(m): 1:42pm On Jan 13, 2016
jpphilips:
Jonathan, Guard your tongue, buhari has been merciiful not stup!d. he is only respecting the office of the president not that he doesnt know you ran an Alibaba government.
u n I knw d real target of dis war. If u don't knw den u're a child which I don't think u are. Let me just assume u're lying to ur self if u claim u don't knw gej is d real target n if apc fail to rope him in den d war's lost by apc.
Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by ezigr8(m): 1:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
abeg make una leave mata for mathias
Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by Amanwulu1(m): 1:47pm On Jan 13, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
The question now is, which monies re they returning?
how much have they returned? Do u knw how much is $2.1B?
Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by azeeza(f): 2:07pm On Jan 13, 2016
Weldone ehh, you try.
blueto:

do you mean charging Gej?

A litigation complotted and executed against Gej will perpetually kowtow to nihility because there are substantiations to verify that he was oblivious concerning the implementation of the egregious defalcation of the arms deal monetary resources.

I precept that he is infallible in this case, that is why EFCC have not been able to i ndict and apprehend him, despite the compulsive urge to do so
Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by Charly68: 2:11pm On Jan 13, 2016
Intelligent by half
Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:59pm On Jan 13, 2016
Amanwulu1:
how much have they returned? Do u knw how much is $2.1B?
At least we re sure Isa Jafar returned 100m while so many others ve confessed to ve received.And we knw there might still be some unamed others who also returned! Sooo if Jonathan is saying that no money was diverted, which money was shared in d 1st place!
Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 13, 2016
He, truly, has stayed out of the public space so far! Amazing how this man regularly makes a public spectacle of himself!
Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by PRYCE(m): 3:06pm On Jan 13, 2016
NovusHomo:

Yes, it is old, but Fortunato's stupidity will forever cost Nigeria. Why is the fool still free anyway? Pull the idiot in. Make him talk.
Dream on Son!

Let's see the "heights" Dullarpo will elevate us to!
Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 13, 2016
soulpeppersoup:
Nothing hiding that will not come to light. Nigerians are so obsessed with money that when they hear about a high figure they start shouting. Its all about poverty. For the rich know that money can neither be created no destroyed, rather it move from place to place. There can not only me traced but will create vacuum to the quantity of its weight when moved from place place.

For instance the massive move of money in our stock exchange has crippled the sector. If this money where so moved our economy should have suffered as far back as the middle of the gej tenure.

Someone is so shocked by the economic recession worldwide that he may not fulfill his promise and hence want to trade blame.

I don't understand your statement. Who is blaming who?

The money that has been lost in the Nigerian Stock Exchange has moved out with foreign investors. Foreign investors constitute over 60% of stock market investors and they are extremely skillful at exiting markets with as small a footprint (price wise) as possible. The money is gone (not in Nigeria) - in foreign exchange and is not likely to return for a long while. This isn't bad news because it means that instead of investing in speculative stock investment, Nigerians will actually begin to invest in real assets; businesses,farms, cattle, etc.

The fall in the stock market is very simple. Take a 20 year stock market indices, place it beside the international crude oil prices and you will see it moves in tandem - completely. Foreign stock market investors are aware of this fact and they started moving money out over 18 months ago when the oil price was forecast to fall due to US production of Shale oil. The stock market will not recover until they come back because Nigerian investors do not have the resources to lift the indice up through heavy buying activity. One of the perils of relying on so called "foreign investors" I for one do not mourn the stock market fall. In fact I celebrate the move of Nigerian's into real assets.
This is one of the reasons that this government is pursuing a home grown solution for economic recovery by stimulating the bottom of the pyramid instead of the top. It is a Indian and Brazilian approach and I am reasonably sure it will work.
Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by zoomzoom(m): 3:36pm On Jan 13, 2016
kayusely:
But where did the money Dasuki disbursed to all manner of people come from

Have you heard of security votes before?

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by excel101(m): 4:03pm On Jan 13, 2016
blueto:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/2b-arms-procurement-jonathan-finally-speaks/
. The ruling party should be more aware of these acclaim comments made by the ex-president. Are u telling us dat u knw better than the ruling party(APC)? Let dem go ahead and invite him(jonathan). The ruling party are confused. Their target Jonathan, but it seems no way to rope him.
Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by delta234: 4:06pm On Jan 13, 2016
jpphilips:
Jonathan, Guard your tongue, buhari has been merciiful not stup!d. he is only respecting the office of the president not that he doesnt know you ran an Alibaba government.
Shataap.....
Your Buhari should watch his actions. He's continuously heating up the polity by his actions.
From disobedience of court orders to running a directionless economy.
You people are being daily fed with kwuorraption kwuorraption, while the economy is coming to a standstill.
There was really a country.

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by Decentad2705(m): 4:25pm On Jan 13, 2016
Oga Jona time will tell wen efcc get u,u go explain back 2 back
Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by wandy4G: 12:52am On Jan 14, 2016
jpphilips:
Stupid, the only word for you!

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by Nobody: 4:05am On Jan 14, 2016
manutdadex:
dasuki, gej, whom ever...i dont care..charge them to court...if u are still investigating then shift ur gaze to other tinz that need urgent fix....if not various trade unions will start strikes soonest..d likes of ASUU n others has complaints n griviances
why will you litigate a vindicated person?

such approach will be assessed as preposterous to me.

it will most lightly to solely result to futility, waste of time, human and monetary resources.

I percept that there are cases that are currently pending and being adjourned in court, so why will one unnecessary add to the burdens of the umpires and affiliates of the court by filing this issue?

like you said, there are other pressing national issues that needs the focus and engrossment of the current administration.

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by Nobody: 4:06am On Jan 14, 2016
manutdadex:
dasuki, gej, whom ever...i dont care..charge them to court...if u are still investigating then shift ur gaze to other tinz that need urgent fix....if not various trade unions will start strikes soonest..d likes of ASUU n others has complaints n griviances
why will you litigate a vindicated person?

such approach will be assessed as preposterous to me.

it will most lightly to solely result to futility, waste of time, human and monetary resource.

I percept that there are cases that are currently pending and being adjourned in court, so why will one unnecessary add to the burdens of the umpires and affiliates of the court by filing this issue?

like you said, there are other pressing national issues that needs the focus and engrossment of the current administration.

I am a pacifist.
Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by ddeola: 7:03am On Jan 14, 2016
That man can lie ! ... angry angry angry
Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 14, 2016
greenpasture:

I don't understand your statement. Who is blaming who?

The money that has been lost in the Nigerian Stock Exchange has moved out with foreign investors. Foreign investors constitute over 60% of stock market investors and they are extremely skillful at exiting markets with as small a footprint (price wise) as possible. The money is gone (not in Nigeria) - in foreign exchange and is not likely to return for a long while. This isn't bad news because it means that instead of investing in speculative stock investment, Nigerians will actually begin to invest in real assets; businesses,farms, cattle, etc.

The fall in the stock market is very simple. Take a 20 year stock market indices, place it beside the international crude oil prices and you will see it moves in tandem - completely. Foreign stock market investors are aware of this fact and they started moving money out over 18 months ago when the oil price was forecast to fall due to US production of Shale oil. The stock market will not recover until they come back because Nigerian investors do not have the resources to lift the indice up through heavy buying activity. One of the perils of relying on so called "foreign investors" I for one do not mourn the stock market fall. In fact I celebrate the move of Nigerian's into real assets.
This is one of the reasons that this government is pursuing a home grown solution for economic recovery by stimulating the bottom of the pyramid instead of the top. It is a Indian and Brazilian approach and I am reasonably sure it will work.

Get real, money in stock exchange are not pilled up somewhere and expected to bring profit. They are invested in the company they are bought.

The aftermath is the massive loose of jobs and closure of many company branches. When investors need their money and you don't have it ready; profit made so far. You either borrow or sell of your assets to raise the said money.

When this money are small it will not affect the economy, but when it is huge as it is now. It cripples the economy by loose of jobs and closure of branches and in worst case liquidation.
Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 14, 2016
zheroes:
how does this relate to money missing?

No such money is missing. You can not pull that kind of money out of the country and expect it to float as it did during GEJ administration.

This is what happened to the said money.

That is the compilation of the money disbursed to that sector within a certain period of time. Lumping it together and giving it a name to generate bad national emotional goose pimple is fraudulent and bad.

Is just like saying abacha stole all the said money in one swift transaction.
Re: How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 14, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

I dont think you know much about how exchanges work. There are two markets for securities, primary and secondary. When companys want to raise money they go to the primary market through an ipo or offer for subscription. On the secondary markets it is investors who make and lose money not the company. The secondary market gives them liquidity for their investment. My comments refer to the secondary market.

When investors need their money and you don't have it ready; profit made so far. You either borrow or sell of your assets to raise the said money.

Get real, money in stock exchange are not pilled up somewhere and expected to bring profit. They are invested in the company they are bought.

"The aftermath is the massive loose of jobs and closure of many company branches. When investors need their money and you don't have it ready; profit made so far. You either borrow or sell of your assets to raise the said money"

Absolute rubbish. When investors need money, they sell their shares on the secondary market to other investors or would be investors. If the market is in their favour they may make a profit, if not they make a loss and take it. Nobody makes money on the stockmarket without someone else losing money. The picture you paint is as if someone needs money, the company must find it somehow or sell its assets. Thats bunkum. Sorry but its funny you gave a wrong answer with so much confidence and bravado. Reminds me of primary school.

I am still waiting to hear you explan how this government is to blame for the current fall in stock market prices. Especially a government that hasnt run for a full financial year for companies listed on the exchange. There is a worldwide recession among most oil producers who dont have deep reserves. Who do we blame for the weak state of the reserves? Do you blame the government that was there for six years and oil prices averaged $110 or do you blame the government who is there for seven months while oil prices were at $30 and below? Think carefully before answering...waiting.

When this money are small it will not affect the economy, but when it is huge as it is now. It cripples the economy by loose of jobs and closure of branches and in worst case liquidation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ngige Looking At Obiano's Swag At Ekwueme's Burial (Photo) / APC Primary: More Governors Pitch Tent With Osinbajo / Peter Obi Supporters Unveil Labour Party In Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.