Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,895 members, 7,814,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

All Economist In D House Is There Way Forward 4 Our Economy? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All Economist In D House Is There Way Forward 4 Our Economy? (794 Views)

JAMB - The Way Forward / Ban Of Naira Atm Usage Abroad – A Perfect Way Forward. / Economist In The House, Help Answer This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Economist In D House Is There Way Forward 4 Our Economy? by Jusmudi(m): 9:35am On Jan 13, 2016
what is d way 4ward
Re: All Economist In D House Is There Way Forward 4 Our Economy? by AlexCk: 9:46am On Jan 13, 2016
Im no economist but i feel what's killing us is too much importation. We need to start producing things for ourselves, n the funny part is, we have resources oooo, lots of 'em, we are too dependent on oil, when our agricultural sector, + mineral resources dey suffer. We just need good people as heads cuz we have tooo mannnyyyy corrupt peeps as head. God helping us oo.
Re: All Economist In D House Is There Way Forward 4 Our Economy? by Jusmudi(m): 11:32am On Jan 13, 2016
AlexCk:
Im no economist but i feel what's killing us is too much importation. We need to start producing things for ourselves, n the funny part is, we have resources oooo, lots of 'em, we are too dependent on oil, when our agricultural sector, mineral resources dey suffer. We just need good people as heads cuz we have tooo mannnyyyy corrupt peeps as head. God helping us oo.
U are very correct, bt shld we fold Hw hands nd wait til God ll com? Remember heaven halp dos wu help demself
Re: All Economist In D House Is There Way Forward 4 Our Economy? by AlexCk: 2:32pm On Jan 13, 2016
Jusmudi:

U are very correct, bt shld we fold Hw hands nd wait til God ll com? Remember heaven halp dos wu help demself
True oo, but na still God my brother.
Re: All Economist In D House Is There Way Forward 4 Our Economy? by Jusmudi(m): 3:00pm On Jan 13, 2016
AlexCk:

True oo, but na still God my brother.
If our president can rule successfully den I ll cal him d best president. Boko in North, militants south, Biafra East. Sorry 2 say d country can never b balance
Re: All Economist In D House Is There Way Forward 4 Our Economy? by Gydion(m): 3:06pm On Jan 13, 2016
I think the Ministry for finance and CBN should work together in order to achieve the macro economic objectives.

We depend so much on the petroleum sector and we really need to diversify to Mining, Industrial and agricultural sector.

Our scientists are lacking behind because technology is nothing to talk about in Nigeria and this structural change is what we need

We also need to ban some goods and buy local goods to encourage our investors and increase employment rate in the country

I don't think that the government can provide jobs to the majority that are unemployed, the private organization is the best to provide jobs

I see no reason why the economy will move forward if interest rate in high. Interest on loan is very high and on deposit is low. I think I'll suggest a negative interest rate if not a lower interest rate on loan. Let them increase interest on deposit so as to encourage people to save and reduce interest on loan because interest on deposit in Nigeria is maximum of 3% while on loan is maximum of 25% for classic and minimum of 18% for premium

Let the CBN leave the market forces to determine exchange rate rather than fixing a rate.

CBN should encourage commercial banks to lend farmers. MPR was reduced to 11% but banks doesnt change theirs. Reserve was also reduced, but we see no different.

I still reserve my comments concerning the monetary policy by CBN today. BDCs to source for their funds autonomously and dollar can now be deposited to banks, CBN always coming up with policies that will help the economy for a short term even when we know it won't help us for a long term. Even though Adams Smiths says we are all dead in the long run but we must almost consider the long run analysis if we all not are dead.

My signature
#TGO#
Re: All Economist In D House Is There Way Forward 4 Our Economy? by AlexCk: 3:12pm On Jan 13, 2016
Jusmudi:

If our president can rule successfully den I ll cal him d best president. Boko in North, militants south, Biafra East. Sorry 2 say d country can never b balance
Yeh, the way we hate each other baffles me sometimes, we are not united, ethnic clashes here and there, we all need to keep praying for our country o, cuz whether we like it or not its our home.
Re: All Economist In D House Is There Way Forward 4 Our Economy? by Jusmudi(m): 3:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
AlexCk:

Yeh, the way we hate each other baffles me sometimes, we are not united, ethnic clashes here and there, we all need to keep praying for our country o, cuz whether we like it or not its our home.
Nw Hw much is dollar?
Re: All Economist In D House Is There Way Forward 4 Our Economy? by Jusmudi(m): 3:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
Gydion:
I think the Ministry for finance and CBN should work together in order to achieve the macro economic objectives.

We depend so much on the petroleum sector and we really need to diversify to Mining, Industrial and agricultural sector.

Our scientists are lacking behind because technology is nothing to talk about in Nigeria and this structural change is what we need

We also need to ban some goods and buy local goods to encourage our investors and increase employment rate in the country

I don't think that the government can provide jobs to the majority that are unemployed, the private organization is the best to provide jobs

I see no reason why the economy will move forward if interest rate in high. Interest on loan is very high and on deposit is low. I think I'll suggest a negative interest rate if not a lower interest rate on loan. Let them increase interest on deposit so as to encourage people to save and reduce interest on loan because interest on deposit in Nigeria is maximum of 3% while on loan is maximum of 25% for classic and minimum of 18% for premium

Let the CBN leave the market forces to determine exchange rate rather than fixing a rate.

CBN should encourage commercial banks to lend farmers. MPR was reduced to 11% but banks doesnt change theirs. Reserve was also reduced, but we see no different.

I still reserve my comments concerning the monetary policy by CBN today. BDCs to source for their funds autonomously and dollar can now be deposited to banks, CBN always coming up with policies that will help the economy for a short term even when we know it won't help us for a long term. Even though Adams Smiths says we are all dead in the long run but we must almost consider the long run analysis if we all not are dead.

My signature
#TGO#
D problem of Nigeria is in Nigeria
Re: All Economist In D House Is There Way Forward 4 Our Economy? by AlexCk: 3:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
Jusmudi:

Nw Hw much is dollar?
Mehn, considerably high now. Last i checked i think i saw #305, the way naira is falling shaa, well make we dey observe.
Re: All Economist In D House Is There Way Forward 4 Our Economy? by Jusmudi(m): 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
AlexCk:

Mehn, considerably high now. Last i checked i think i saw #305, the way naira is falling shaa, well make we dey observe.
Nigeria is in injury time
Re: All Economist In D House Is There Way Forward 4 Our Economy? by Jusmudi(m): 7:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
AlexCk:

I need sm1 to tel me wat is going on, bliv me wen traveling 2 Togo, u hv 5thousand b4 is equal to dia 15thousand dere bt nw dia currency is equally increasing, b4 370 is equal 2 dia 1000thousand bt nw is like 450-500 equal 2 dia 1000
Re: All Economist In D House Is There Way Forward 4 Our Economy? by AlexCk: 10:30am On Jan 16, 2016
Jusmudi:

I need sm1 to tel me wat is going on, bliv me wen traveling 2 Togo, u hv 5thousand b4 is equal to dia 15thousand dere bt nw dia currency is equally increasing, b4 370 is equal 2 dia 1000thousand bt nw is like 450-500 equal 2 dia 1000
Sad as it may be, the economy is struggling.
Re: All Economist In D House Is There Way Forward 4 Our Economy? by Jusmudi(m): 10:50pm On Jan 17, 2016
AlexCk:

Sad as it may be, the economy is struggling.
My broda no body has given me wat I needed

(1) (Reply)

UNN Rated Best In Nigeria, 14 In Africa – Omeaku / Unilag/lautech/ui/lasu MBA Fees / READ THIS AND LEARN SOMETHING NEW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.