Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Can You Sacrifice Your Life For A Country Like Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can You Sacrifice Your Life For A Country Like Nigeria? (1213 Views)

BRT Taskforce Rock Blue & Black Uniform Like Nigeria Police (photos) / This Nigerian Soldier Died Giving His Life For His Comrades .photo / After Living In A Very Strong Racist Country Like Italy For 11 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Sacrifice Your Life For A Country Like Nigeria? by emmyjp: 4:40pm On Jun 19, 2009
About two weeks ago the phrase "re-branding nigeria was the "top talk" of every news paper, media house and ,
Re: Can You Sacrifice Your Life For A Country Like Nigeria? by Litmus: 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2009
I would. I would for my family, for an ideal. Unlike many,I am realistic about Nigeria.  I see it as a developing country, which is why I do not froth at the mouth about lack of electricity etcetera. These things will come, if the unholy trinity of racists, American Nigerians and jealous Africans, do not first destroy the country.  In a sense, the question is moot because right now in the Delta, Nigerian solders and some genuine rebels are laying down their lives for Nigeria whatever the critics might argue otherwise. .
Re: Can You Sacrifice Your Life For A Country Like Nigeria? by ayomifull(f): 6:53pm On Jun 19, 2009
No, not 4 any country my biological or chemical country.
Re: Can You Sacrifice Your Life For A Country Like Nigeria? by CyberG: 1:18am On Jun 20, 2009
What a wasted sacrifice of a life if it is done for Nigeria the way it is now! Go and ask Yaradua, Bankole, IBB, Ibori, etc if they will sacrifice their life for ANYTHING especially Nigeria! Even after stealing the country blind, will they sacrifice anything? So, it is the poor, perpetually beaten-down every day Nigerian whose life was sacrificed a long time ago that should be asked about sacrificing himself again?

I will wager that if it were based on what a country has done for its people, some foreign countries have done a lot more for Nigerians than Nigeria. Besides being born in Nigeria and having family in Nigeria. . .can you point out anything else? Some things that a country should do for it's citizens which will make you fight and sacrifice for that country:

1. Equality before the law
2. Your security is guaranteed and security agencies WILL act if you were under threat.
3. Education - Nigeria pretends to fund education. . .well, in my experience. . .what do you think of a country that gives you the opportunity to study and obtain, perhaps, the most advanced knowledge on earth. . .on a funding that takes care of YOU. . .not just school fees.
4. A country where you have real opportunity for advancement if you have what it takes without knowing ANYBODY or asking for CONNECTION.
5. A place that your work. . .just regular work nothing special. . .is enough to make you live very comfortably without stealing or begging for contracts
6. A place where your vote and opinion counts
7. A place where the best of health care is guaranteed whether it is a minor or major illness
8. A place where you can live a normal life even at night without having to be in your house at a certain time.
9. A place where you are free to criticize the government (even President / Prime Minister) openly and you will be heard and not killed at night.
10. A place where if you entered another country as a visitor, they will respect you because of the country's passport that you carry
11. A country where the cops and soldiers are really friendly and you can walk up to them, ask any questions, take pictures and be treated with respect and dignity.
12. A place where almost everything really works. . .power, road, telecommunication, water, gas, etc. . .and you can see where your taxes are going year in and year out!

13. My bad. . .I almost forgot. . .where you get government checks cut out for you every quarter (or thereabout) grin grin
Re: Can You Sacrifice Your Life For A Country Like Nigeria? by walakolobo: 8:53am On Jun 20, 2009
The people in the countries you praise and run to, they gave everything, all, their lives and everything for their country - to keep it on, so that people like you can run there at will, if they acted like y'all, where will you run to? What have you given the country, nothing, yet, you want the country to give things to you in return? Do you pay your tax, no, do you vote in elections, no? You have absolutely no reason to talk in here.
Re: Can You Sacrifice Your Life For A Country Like Nigeria? by Jakumo(m): 9:06am On Jun 20, 2009
In a loose sense, all ritual sacrifice dismemberment victims in Nigeria could be said to have sacrificed their lives for Nigeria, given that the vendors and buyers of their recycled body parts will most likely be of Nigerian nationality. Whether such organ donors can be credited with stimulating the economy is yet another consideration worthy of debate.
Re: Can You Sacrifice Your Life For A Country Like Nigeria? by 2Legit2Qui: 9:07am On Jun 20, 2009
hmmmm- while trying to be jovial or philosophical, some postings actually become very meaningless.
Re: Can You Sacrifice Your Life For A Country Like Nigeria? by Jakumo(m): 9:11am On Jun 20, 2009
I have punished myself accordingly.
Re: Can You Sacrifice Your Life For A Country Like Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 20, 2009
2Legit2Qui:

hmmmm- while trying to be jovial or philosophical, some postings actually become very meaningless.

I have never come across any of Jakumo's meaningless post. Or maybe, am just as stupid as you are accusing him of being.
Re: Can You Sacrifice Your Life For A Country Like Nigeria? by 2Legit2Qui: 10:07am On Jun 20, 2009
@Nuzo

Ok - interprete the last two posts he made.
Re: Can You Sacrifice Your Life For A Country Like Nigeria? by philip0906(m): 11:58am On Jun 20, 2009
Can You Sacrifice Your Life For A Country Like Nigeria?
r u asking me?OR , OK them.I thought u were asking me.NIGERIA MCHEEEW.
Re: Can You Sacrifice Your Life For A Country Like Nigeria? by noetic2: 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2009
CyberG:

What a wasted sacrifice of a life if it is done for Nigeria the way it is now! Go and ask Yaradua, Bankole, IBB, Ibori, etc if they will sacrifice their life for ANYTHING especially Nigeria! Even after stealing the country blind, will they sacrifice anything? So, it is the poor, perpetually beaten-down every day Nigerian whose life was sacrificed a long time ago that should be asked about sacrificing himself again?

I will wager that if it were based on what a country has done for its people, some foreign countries have done a lot more for Nigerians than Nigeria. Besides being born in Nigeria and having family in Nigeria. . .can you point out anything else? Some things that a country should do for it's citizens which will make you fight and sacrifice for that country:

[b]1. Equality before the law
2. Your security is guaranteed and security agencies WILL act if you were under threat.
3. Education - Nigeria pretends to fund education. . .well, in my experience. . .what do you think of a country that gives you the opportunity to study and obtain, perhaps, the most advanced knowledge on earth. . .on a funding that takes care of YOU. . .not just school fees.
4. A country where you have real opportunity for advancement if you have what it takes without knowing ANYBODY or asking for CONNECTION.
5. A place that your work. . .just regular work nothing special. . .is enough to make you live very comfortably without stealing or begging for contracts
6. A place where your vote and opinion counts
7. A place where the best of health care is guaranteed whether it is a minor or major illness
8. A place where you can live a normal life even at night without having to be in your house at a certain time.
9. A place where you are free to criticize the government (even President / Prime Minister) openly and you will be heard and not killed at night.
10. A place where if you entered another country as a visitor, they will respect you because of the country's passport that you carry
11. A country where the cops and soldiers are really friendly and you can walk up to them, ask any questions, take pictures and be treated with respect and dignity.
12. A place where almost everything really works. . .power, road, telecommunication, water, gas, etc. . .and you can see where your taxes are going year in and year out!

13. My bad. . .I almost forgot. . .where you get government checks cut out for you every quarter (or thereabout) grin grin

[/b]

well said.

unless and until these things are on ground, Nigeria is not worth dying for from an average citizen and lay man's view.
But Nigeria is worth dying for from a revolutionary point of view.
Re: Can You Sacrifice Your Life For A Country Like Nigeria? by yarodin: 8:51am On Dec 09, 2009
Nigeria is not worth dieing for untill criminals (Ibori, IBB,)etc are brought to justice then this question can be asked.  Afterall when a policeman or soldier dies in their line of duty, we have how greatly they are appreciated and their families they left behind are supported.  Yes, I love Naija, but am not laying down my life for poo.
Re: Can You Sacrifice Your Life For A Country Like Nigeria? by Deollord: 9:50am On Dec 09, 2009
sacrifice my life for Nigeria at this time?

GOD FORBID

If they sacrifice me for Nigeria, i will beg GOD to let me come back and die in another way- its dat bad

Compare the way the Americans treat their lost soldeirs to their Nigerian counterparts and u'd be forced to think twice

(1) (Reply)

Would The World Be A Better Place If Women Rule Every Affair? / Tinubu Again ? / Pdp Is Dying While Cpc Is Growing In The North-east

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.