Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,396 members, 7,954,574 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:09 PM

Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience (17640 Views)

Voter's Registration Ongoing In Anambra State By Aniago / "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal / Mimiko Visited INEC Voter Registration Center, See Crowd's Reaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by MicKaro: 9:37pm On Jan 13, 2016
How is this corruption,it looks more like favoritism.
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by nwakibie3(m): 9:37pm On Jan 13, 2016
A soldier had once stopped me on my way to Benue state, he shouted at me as I was about to hand in the receipt of the goods I was carrying in my car to him. His words "wetin concern me with papers? Na papers I go chop? Abeg give me my entitlement, if u like carry human being e no concern me" what if it was guns or bombs that were in my booth that day? Have I not gone Scott free? I was really disappointed in the Nigeria army and in Nigeria at large that day. I asked myself, how can boko haram insurgency be terminated if our soldiers are behaving this way?

2 Likes

Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by nwakibie3(m): 9:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
Na Hajiya brother dey rule na grin grin
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by lonelydora: 9:45pm On Jan 13, 2016
Those policemen need to be jailed. Imagine!! So they also agreed that Nigeria is finished. Is it not their work to make the country work again. Op, you should have captured the policemen and vehicle.

Well, Nigeria ga adi nma ozo.
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by olajide8(m): 9:55pm On Jan 13, 2016
This is the tactic they used to discourage/block us from doing our voters registration in 2011, it was one of GEJ boys, that scattered the registration centre, and he bought out an I.D card showed it to the police at the registration point and they carried the registration unit away, now they have done it again from the statement, that you posted OP" - I would look for the picture- I took then, and upload it. I felt maybe it would have changed! But from what you have said - these gbari people still want to be able to determine, who becomes AMAC chairman
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by AreaFada2: 10:15pm On Jan 13, 2016
Nothing we fit do, Nigeria don spoil finish-NPF men on site.

You heard it all from those who should know. cheesy grin
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by DonCortino: 10:43pm On Jan 13, 2016
MicKaro:
How is this corruption,it looks more like favoritism.
Its corruption olodo!
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by DonCortino: 10:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
lonelydora:
Those policemen need to be jailed. Imagine!! So they also agreed that Nigeria is finished. Is it not their work to make the country work again. Op, you should have captured the policemen and vehicle.

Well, Nigeria ga adi nma ozo.
You wont blame them, their superiors corner what is rightfully theirs n give them peanuts. Do u know the police buy their uniforms form the force.

1 Like

Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by banio: 11:19pm On Jan 13, 2016
I taught JEGA spent billions in registering Nigerians and dishing out PVC's. Why are we still having a stampede at INEC registration centres.
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by virtuedagirl(f): 11:21pm On Jan 13, 2016
Tins dey alway happen 4 naija,it neva surprising to here tins like this,it makes me wonder if there is still hope for this country but with God all things are possible
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by LivingDiamond(m): 11:48pm On Jan 13, 2016
Sorry oh, which voter's registration is going on now because i really need to register also and get dat card...so som1 help wth an handful information, how will i go about it here in Anambra state
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by LivingDiamond(m): 11:48pm On Jan 13, 2016
Sorry oh, which voter's registration is going on now because i really need to register also and get dat card...so som1 help wth an handful information, how will i go about it here in Anambra state

Thanks in anticipation..
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by Ecoterrorism(f): 12:05am On Jan 14, 2016
Seun:
Did you take any pictures? Pls post them, if you did.
have you join the pics or adonbelivit crew? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by yonextbf: 12:10am On Jan 14, 2016
Nigeria I Hail thee

http://www.trend.com.ng
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by Gh0stFreak: 1:02am On Jan 14, 2016
op na now you know? that was how i went to get a voters card at an inec centre in kano.they gave us form to fill and submit which we did quickly.when they started calling the names on the form,na so we just dey hear usman,amina,aisha,haruna etc.
they put our names(southerners) on the bottom of the list and called only hausa names to enter the registration hall.
i had to bribe one ab0ki with 5h to smuggle my form into the hausa list.
when they saw my name on their list,they couldn't believe their eyes.na so they just dey look me as i dey enter the registration hall grin .
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by Nobody: 1:36am On Jan 14, 2016
MisterGrace:
I have always been optimistic about the fate of Nigeria until today.
I had gone out as early as 7:45am to one of the designated voters registration centres here in Abuja.
On getting there, I met a guy at the gate giving out serial numbers to people on queue, so I followed suit. Haven gotten the number, I decided to proceed to my place of work with the intention of coming back to complete the process later in the day as my number fell within the range of 200-250.

Few hours later, I decided to go to see if it was almost my turn. Alas! when I got there, there was some pockets of murmuring, revolting and random queues with those at the entrance to hall struggling to getting in.
Upon enquiry, I was told that people got angry as a result of some form of favouritism carried out by the INEC officials and decided not to follow the laid down process anymore.

I resolved within myself not to give up and waste another transport fare back home to come back and start another fresh process tomorrow. So I decided to talk to the policemen who were hanging out idly in their hilux truck. I lost all hope from there response I got from them... "In their words; there is nothing we can do, Nigeria don spoil finish".

The climax of the event was when an uptown lady came in a flashy hilux truck, and within a twinkle of an eye, the Hajiya in charge let her in and another INEC official (male) started to attend to her specially while all my pleas fell on deaf ears as the Hajiya practically, turned deaf ears to my calls.

I had no choice than to leave without any attempt to struggle as a guy was lamenting that his wallet stolen while he was struggling to get into the registration hall.

Is there really any hope for Nigeria?

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

Uppercase no!
There's absolutely no hope for Nigeria unless GOD has mercy on her and performs miracles.
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by guruvick(m): 1:39am On Jan 14, 2016
I have done mine sha..

I left my house by 5am because I know how it goes

I finished around 1pm..

Thank God
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by islandmoon: 2:21am On Jan 14, 2016
The Hajiya didn't say something like " do you know who I am

1 Like

Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by coolscott(m): 3:15am On Jan 14, 2016
MisterGrace:
... there is nothing we can do, Nigeria don spoil finish".

[size=13pt]That one made me laugh cheesy[/size]
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by sademola: 3:49am On Jan 14, 2016
Blame yourself too. Why taking number and go home to come back? If most people do same there would be confusion just as you had
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by fr3do(m): 4:28am On Jan 14, 2016
Bede2u:
We know that parties tend to manipulate voter registers in their strongholds. Pdp did it and Apc have shown that they are not very different so I won't be surprised by this news.
I want to however use dis medium (since I noticed seun is following dis thread to beg nairaland to stop being a battle ground for igbos and yorubas.
I noticed yorubas like seeing Igbos ridiculed even more than Igbos like yorubas being ridiculed. If u doubt me check posts dat insult igbos and see d many likes they get, then check posts dat insult yorubas and see dat they only generate few likes. Especially when we knw dat there are as many Igbos as there are yorubas in dis forum.
Seun pls start banning any tribalistic post before we divide dis country on NL. Don't mind dat the post were put up by ur yoruba brodas. Do d right tin and jst ban it. Tanx

maybe the Igbos and Yorubas were never meant to live in perfect harmony, this beef will bring about healthy competition if the Igbos and Yorubas have their separate country. think of the soviets and americans, and how the cold war advanced them technologically.

1 Like

Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by porka: 5:33am On Jan 14, 2016
It is Nigeria's structure.

It is the structure.

Nothing is wrong with Nigerians more than anybody in the world.

Human societies are as efficient, strong and virile as the system they are built on.

The solution is not superficial CHANGE.

Not miracle.

Not a strongman.

Not a SUPER HUMAN.

Not a SINCERE man.

Not a dictator.

No!

Corruption is a symptom.

By electing a SUPERMAN some people thought they had solved all the problems.

That's like treating ringworm instead of a deadly leprosy.

It's the structure, the structure, the structure, structure, structure, structure...

People hardly know what is going on until they get to Abuja.

But they don't have a grasp of the problem even still, that's why someone feels taking pictures would have helped.

If you don't fix the structural crookedness you will just be taking 'pictures'.

If you search the archives, you will see that PICTURES taken in 1960s, 1970s won't be different from the ones taken in 2016, except for the people inside.

Nigerians, wake up!

This is just the tip of an iceberg.

Fortunately, there's a National Conference Report that can serve as a starting point.

If we begin to implement the report, some of these structural imbalances could be addressed.

Perhaps in 20 to 25 years we might begin to see a semblance of a just society.

If we don't address this issue, we will just be recycling people and falling for cheap CHANGE.

Each person will just be coming with his own 'anti corruption' priorities.

Jonathan with his own focus on electoral/political 'corruption'.

Buhari with focus on money/treasury 'corruption'.

Saraki's agenda could be white-farmers/agricultural 'corruption'.

El-Rufai's own focus could be masterplan 'corruption'.

Fashola focusing on landscaping 'corruption'.

Amaechi's priorities might be militancy 'corruption'.

Obasanjo's direction was international affairs 'corruption'.

Abacha's onslaught was on the failed banks 'corruption'.

But as soon as each one of them leave, the incoming guy simply abandons the earlier plans and concentrate on his own. And all the state's resources will be deployed to prosecute his own 'anti-corruption' agenda.

1 Like

Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by Phrankin(m): 5:45am On Jan 14, 2016
MisterGrace:
I had gone out as early as 7:45am to one of the designated voters registration centres here in Abuja.
On getting there, I met a guy at the gate giving out serial numbers to people on queue, so I followed suit. Haven gotten the number, I decided to proceed to my place of work with the intention of coming back to complete the process later in the day as my number fell within the range of 200-250.

Few hours later, I decided to go to see if it was almost my turn. Alas! when I got there, there was some pockets of murmuring, revolting and random queues with those at the entrance to hall struggling to getting in.
Upon enquiry, I was told that people got angry as a result of some form of favouritism carried out by the INEC officials and decided not to follow the laid down process anymore.

I resolved within myself not to give up and waste another transport fare back home to come back and start another fresh process tomorrow. So I decided to talk to the policemen who were hanging out idly in their hilux truck. I lost all hope from there response I got from them... "In their words; there is nothing we can do, Nigeria don spoil finish".

The climax of the event was when an uptown lady came in a flashy hilux truck, and within a twinkle of an eye, the Hajiya in charge let her in and another INEC official (male) started to attend to her specially while all my pleas fell on deaf ears as the Hajiya practically, turned deaf ears to my calls.

I had no choice than to leave without any attempt to struggle as a guy was lamenting that his wallet stolen while he was struggling to get into the registration hall.

Are you a new comer here?
Don't waste the little hope you have on Nigeria. Invest it on God and maybe on yourself.
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 14, 2016
MisterGrace:

Nigeria is a country of about 200million people,you cannot use the few uncultured inec staffs to determine her future.
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by xtylosophy(m): 6:56am On Jan 14, 2016
You don overhype this matter. I don't think you know the meaning of corruption.
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 14, 2016
MisterGrace:

Ok you are noticed.
pls you got any idea when the voter's registration exercise will close? I need to register mine here. The bank needs it
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 14, 2016
LivingDiamond:
i dey with you my brother. My residence is akwa ibom state, and i really need this
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 14, 2016
MisterGrace:

What did u do when you noticed that,don't you think you should start by informing the relevant authorities about what you notice.
I don't get it when people ask this kinda question
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by sunnyeinstein(m): 7:15am On Jan 14, 2016
EdCure:
So sad that some things may never change in Nigeria.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

Wrong assertion there sir......

A pessimist is an optimist who chose to stop believing
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by MisterGrace: 7:24am On Jan 14, 2016
SaintHephzibah:
pls you got any idea when the voter's registration exercise will close? I need to register mine here. The bank needs it

Next week.
Re: Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience by MisterGrace: 7:26am On Jan 14, 2016
Seun:
Did you take any pictures? Pls post them, if you did.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" / Ambode: Uyo Crowd Shows Buhari Is Undefeatable / FG Achieving Great Strides With School Feeding Program. (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.