Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (627212 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2021
[quote author=TRS2020 post=98948998][/quote]

I am sure if I understand your question but I'd answer ro the best of my understanding.

As a Nigerian RN/RM, in express entry yiu will need to apply as a registered nurse because there is no LPN designation in Nigeria.

All you would need is an evaluation body that will recognize your RN/RM .... I am not sure which body currently gives a positive response currently.

On getting to Canada, yiu can choose to get your license as an LPN or RN. LPN certification is generally a little easier.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bns4eva: 8:55pm On Feb 15, 2021
piro007:
Gd day beautiful and handsome people, pls my wife's ATT is ready, how does she go abt applying for sa visa to go and write nclex or which country is easier to go and write the exams. Tks and ur kind responses will be highly appreciated

If you read this thread from the beginning , I'm sure you would see the requirements and step in applying for Philippines visa which is the easiest route to write nclex..

SA visa is not sure but you can always Google to see the requirements..

Goodluck
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by CowbellY: 7:49am On Feb 16, 2021
vickyehi:

I dont know how long the process for nmc currently takes, but you can try to get an inside person who may be able to facilitate the process for you. I have a contact that I am willing to share, but I haven't used him in a while and so am not sure how much he actually speeds up the process these days. You can send me an email for his contact.

Can you please share your contact person's detail. I'll send a pm.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Olenyhc(f): 8:37am On Feb 16, 2021
vickyehi:

Specifically university of Alberta. I have a collegue there right now.

Thank you very much, guess I've been too focused on Ontario. I'll definitely check them out.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by piro007(m): 10:19am On Feb 17, 2021
bns4eva:

If you read this thread from the beginning , I'm sure you would see the requirements and step in applying for Philippines visa which is the easiest route to write nclex..

SA visa is not sure but you can always Google to see the requirements..

Goodluck
tks for ur response, since covid started Philippines have shutdown there embassy. Sa is d surest route now. Tks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Compu001: 7:17pm On Feb 17, 2021
You can try UK too for visitation.

quote author=piro007 post=99151393]
tks for ur response, since covid started Philippines have shutdown there embassy. Sa is d surest route now. Tks [/quote]
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by phempet: 7:33am On Feb 23, 2021
Hello everyone,

Please I have a friend coming to the US to write her Nclex exam next month. I pray she passes her exam, please how can she get a job and change her visa status? Do anyone know any agency or anyone/anything that could be of help? I would really appreciate a prompt response.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tinutunde(f): 12:50pm On Feb 23, 2021
Has añyone heard about this
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by TheGreatGod: 11:18am On Feb 24, 2021
Hello All,

Please does any1 knows how long it take NMCN to send some1 verification to UK-NMC via online and how long it take UK-NMC to verify the online documents received from NMCN.

It has been almost 2 months since December last year I applied for verification. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Endywitty: 3:39pm On Feb 24, 2021
It now takes 3 (three) months or more even despite any influence, you will have to wait for the mandatory three months duration. Someone who submitted hers on the 25th of November last year just got verified on the 22nd of February. I submitted mine on the 4th of December and with so many serious efforts I made to have it done earlier, I am still waiting up until now. So you really have to be very patient oo.
TheGreatGod:
Hello All,

Please does any1 knows how long it take NMCN to send some1 verification to UK-NMC via online and how long it take UK-NMC to verify the online documents received from NMCN.

It has been almost 2 months since December last year I applied for verification. Thank you!
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Potymarket: 8:14am On Feb 25, 2021
Good morning all, please I need clarifications. My passport has my husband's surname while my nursing certificates has my maiden names. I want to apply for verification to nmcn as I have already paid 140p to nmc uk. But I'm confused if there will be issues with my names because one of my friends said I wont be verified unless si change my names with nmc Nigeria. Please can someone help me out if I should change my name with nmcn or not. Thank u
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by phempet: 8:30am On Feb 25, 2021
Hello everyone,

Please I still need help with this.
phempet:
Hello everyone,

Please I have a friend coming to the US to write her Nclex exam next month. I pray she passes her exam, please how can she get a job and change her visa status? Do anyone know any agency or anyone/anything that could be of help? I would really appreciate a prompt response.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Juddy2018: 9:23am On Feb 25, 2021
phempet:
Hello everyone, @ phempet, please how did she get the visa and all other things, was she on with an agency?, because my wife verification is on the last stage. And we are looking were she can go and write nclex. Please we need more enlightenment. Thank you.

Please I still need help with this.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mrcelebrity714(m): 12:48am On Feb 26, 2021
Praiseattah:
Please I have an issue. If my NMCN license does not have a middle name and i pay for nmc uk verification with a middle name because the name on my passport has a middle name, do you think I will have an issue

For example, if my license shows Praise Attah and my name on nmc UK shows Praise Ben Attah. Do you think NMCN will still verify me despite the difference in the name?
If no what do youn suggest I do?

How far have you gone about this?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mrcelebrity714(m): 12:55am On Feb 26, 2021
Im asking this question for my nurse friend who is about to start her UK journey..
Though she is alittle bit confuse about an issues she is having with her names.
She want to do her international passport but don't know which name to use, if to use the two names on her NMCN license(Surname and First name) or to use the three names on her BNSC Certificate ( Surname, First name and middle name).
Because having an IP is the first step.

Anybody will relevant info or advice should please help this lady..

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bns4eva: 9:23am On Feb 26, 2021
phempet:
Hello everyone,

Thank you.

The easiest way to get sponsorship is to contact a staffing agency that specializes in placing foreign-trained nurses in American hospitals. But things have changed now because of the visiting visa she applied for.

Most agencies don't recruit foreign nurses with B2 visiting visa because of the difficulties in changing of status,and the contract and bonuses are lower compare to the nurses that have passed nclex and stay in their home country because the agencies are aware of your condition and some agencies will file H1b visa for her which is not EB3 of green card .

So the best shot for her is to go to usa to write the exam and back to Nigeria and contact agency.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by phempet: 10:51am On Feb 26, 2021
Hello,

I'm not really conversant with the document conversion process. I advised her to apply here by choosing a center and then apply for the Visa. The interview was straightforward also, because she told them she was going to write an exam and not so many questions was asked mainly because most of the alternative centers are still closed.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by phempet: 11:04am On Feb 26, 2021
Thank you very much for the comprehensive response. Do you have information about any of the agencies one can apply to after passing her exam? She still keeps her job in Nigeria. If going back to Nigeria would be the best option then she would do it.

Thank you very much.

bns4eva:

The easiest way to get sponsorship is to contact a staffing agency that specializes in placing foreign-trained nurses in American hospitals. But things have changed now because of the visiting visa she applied for.

Most agencies don't recruit foreign nurses with B2 visiting visa because of the difficulties in changing of status,and the contract and bonuses are lower compare to the nurses that have passed nclex and stay in their home country because the agencies are aware of your condition and some agencies will file H1b visa for her which is not EB3 of green card .

So the best shot for her is to go to usa to write the exam and back to Nigeria and contact agency.

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tolajay: 11:43am On Feb 26, 2021
Please, how did you pay the NMC UK140p?

Did you use a Nigerian card? If yes, which bank's?

Potymarket:
Good morning all, please I need clarifications. My passport has my husband's surname while my nursing certificates has my maiden names. I want to apply for verification to nmcn as I have already paid 140p to nmc uk. But I'm confused if there will be issues with my names because one of my friends said I wont be verified unless si change my names with nmc Nigeria. Please can someone help me out if I should change my name with nmcn or not. Thank u
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tolajay: 12:52pm On Feb 26, 2021
Hello,

How did you pay for the NMC UK online?

Did you use a Nigerian card? My card is been declined.

raphok1:
Good Evening Fam. Please does anyone know about this stage in the new NMC UK process? I want to know if one still has to contact NMCN for this "Regulator verification". I already contacted them (with the 17,500 naira payment) during the earlier "qualification Regulator verification" and "evaluation". Pls I need an explanation. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by pointednose: 1:42pm On Feb 26, 2021
Please what were the questions she was asked during the interview process for her US visa.

Thanks.
phempet:
Hello,

I'm not really conversant with the document conversion process. I advised her to apply here by choosing a center and then apply for the Visa. The interview was straightforward also, because she told them she was going to write an exam and not so many questions was asked mainly because most of the alternative centers are still closed.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bivoprad(f): 4:58pm On Feb 26, 2021
phempet:
Thank you very much for the comprehensive response. Do you have information about any of the agencies one can apply to after passing her exam? She still keeps her job in Nigeria. If going back to Nigeria would be the best option then she would do it.

Thank you very much.

She can try west way staffing agency, a colleague who passed her NCLEX on visiting visa to USA signed up with them and they help her in adjustment of status after passing the NCLEX

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tolajay: 11:54pm On Feb 26, 2021
Were you able to use your Ecobank card for the payment?

Missybeee:

oh thanks. I hope my Eco bank MasterCard goes through
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Damiadun: 10:03am On Feb 27, 2021
Hello vickyehi, please can you give me the number of the person that can help me with speeding up my license verification.
Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Missybeee: 10:48am On Feb 27, 2021
tolajay:
Were you able to use your Ecobank card for the payment?

No.... I used an access Master card... But the charges deducted is much
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by TheGreatGod: 10:48am On Feb 27, 2021
Hello All, please in the second stage of NMC-UK application process, How does some1 obtain:

1. The “Medical Practitioner Verification”

2. The “Regulator Verification”

3. The “Professional Indemnity Cover”

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by TheGreatGod: 10:49am On Feb 27, 2021
Hello All, please in the second stage of NMC-UK application process, How does some1 obtain:

The “Medical Practitioner Verification”, The “Regulator Verification” and The “Professional Indemnity Cover”

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tolajay: 11:13am On Feb 27, 2021
Thanks!

Been trying my FCMB USD Mastercard, but it's been unsuccesssful.

Would you be kind enough to help use your card for the payment? I'll all the fees and extra charges.

I will simply send you my login details, while you process the payment from you end.

Please help.

Missybeee:

No.... I used an access Master card... But the charges deducted is much
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by guysis(m): 10:38pm On Feb 27, 2021
Hello everyone!

Please what do you guys think about DIRECT HIRE option as Nursing Assistant or Nursing Aide in the US offered by Worldwide Health Staff Solutions Limited (www.healthstaff.org) ?
Is it worth it?

Who has taken this route before I need advice please.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bns4eva: 7:58am On Feb 28, 2021
phempet:

Thank you very much.

She can contact Connectics, interstaff, connexus staffing, vema staffing agency in california. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Adwoa816: 5:06pm On Feb 28, 2021
I am a registered midwife who has passed IELTS and wants to work in Ireland. Can I be helped with the process I need to go through.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by phempet: 5:11pm On Feb 28, 2021
Excellent. Thank you very much.

bivoprad:
She can try west way staffing agency, a colleague who passed her NCLEX on visiting visa to USA signed up with them and they help her in adjustment of status after passing the NCLEX

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.