Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (629082 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 10:57am On Jun 22, 2016
WellEndowed:

I was genuinely going to argue the bold comment of yours but thought against it. After reading that comment of yours, IT IS VERY CLEAR TO ME THAT YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT NURSING IN AUSTRALIA. Please I beg you, do not misinform people. It is okay to guess your answer but please dont act like you know what happens when you apply to the Nurses' Board in Australia. You are the first Nigerian that I know that mentioned the above and this is coming from someone who knows things about that country.

There is no Nigerian/Zimbabwean/Zambian who I have showed the way that has come back to me talking about studying for one year(different from conversion program). Yes every foreign nurse must do a conversion/bridging program. People choose either the 3 months program or 1 year. You said you weren't talking about a conversion program but the one year study you are talking about is called a conversion program in Australia and that is why I said you lack information about certain countries and their rules.

I saw earlier that someone queried you on the list of highest and lowest paid states for nurses in America. Though you came back and countered what they said...but those people who queried you might actually live in the US and know by that that rate per hour you put up there is false

The one year study i was talking about is not a conversion program. It is a post RN program that awards a bsn degree on completion.. For example Deakin University has the program. This is totally different from a conversion or bridging program. The conversion program is compulsory for international nurses but the 1 year RN to bsn is not, I suggested that because it will give the nurses opportunity to get their bsn degrees and complete any deficiencies they may have.
Since you claim i know nothing about nursing in Australia why don't you show us the right way,the others and i will be glad to learn a thing or two from you. I have not met anyone that satisfied Nmc requirements without one or two deficiencies but then again I'm no expert in these things.
And was it really necessary to go through my previous posts? The salaries i posted was gotten online from a nursing site, if those people have a different rate then they should post theirs online too. These things are not fixed and they vary from site to site. I didn't mislead anyone i just posted what i found.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 22, 2016
barbiee:
The one year study i was talking about is not a conversion program. It is a post RN program that awards a bsn degree on completion.. For example Deakin University has the program. This is totally different from a conversion or bridging program. The conversion program is compulsory for international nurses but the 1 year RN to bsn is not, I suggested that because it will give the nurses opportunity to get their bsn degrees and complete any deficiencies they may have.
Since you claim i know nothing about nursing in Australia why don't you show us the right way,the others and i will be glad to learn a thing or two from you. I have not met anyone that satisfied Nmc requirements without one or two deficiencies but then again I'm no expert in these things.
And was it really necessary to go through my previous posts? The salaries i posted was gotten online from a nursing site, if those people have a different rate then they should post theirs online too. These things are not fixed and they vary from site to site. I didn't mislead anyone i just posted what i found.

That opportunity you are talking about is called a conversion program. A person who studied in for example a third world country cannot meet NMC requirement in Australia. NEVER. That is why it is requirement that you enrol in a program to bring you up to speed with the Australian curriculum. That program for the upteenth time is called the conversion program

Sigh. Listen Barbie. Internationally qualified nurse has to do a conversion program. It is either a 3 months program and you come out with a certificate stating "Diploma of Nursing-Registered Nurse" or 1 year program with a certificate stating "Bachelor of Science-Nursing(Registered)". This program is called conversion/bridging program because there some units of study you have to undertake to fill out any in your word "deficiencies" in study from your country (e.g Nigeria).

What do you think conversion program means?just to change from one certificate to the other? not just that....it is that extra units/study you have to undertake to meet the requirements of working in Australia as a nurse. There are some units not taught in Nigeria that are taught in Australia or some units not clearly defined in your curriculum. It is a program AHPRA advises you enrol in with units you have to undertake to fill up any gaps from your previous studies. It doesn't matter except you want to do a Masters but if you want to work in Australia with a "Nigerian certificate" or as an internationally qualified nurse, you must enrol in those units.

Now people refuse to do the 1 year program because it is too long and too expensive. AHPRA provided even shorter programs hence the 3 month one so the inpatient ones can get out quicker and apply for registration and start working.

There are many universities in Australia that offer that 1 year course and 3 months course. Even Murdoch university in Western Australia amongst many offer the course...BUT YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO ME NOW BARBIEE WITH BOTH EARS OPEN, I CANNOT KEEP REPEATING MYSELF...YOU CANNOT ENROL SAY FOR EXAMPLE BY YOURSELF AT DEAKIN UNIVERSITY AND THEN PLAN TO PRACTICE IN AUSTRALIA. IF YOU WANT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA, AHPRA WILL GIVE YOU A LIST OF THE UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN APPLY TO. THEY GIVE YOU THIS INFORMATION WHICH YOU TAKE TO THE UNI. YOU CAN DECIDE TO DO AN INTENSIVE 3 MONTHS PROGRAM OR THE 1 YEAR PROGRAM, WHICHEVER WAY, IF YOU ENROL IN DEAKIN WITHOUT AHPRA'S APPROVAL, WITHOUT AHPRA TELING YOU IT'S OKAY TO STUDY AT DEAKIN, YOU BETTER FLUSH THAT MONEY IN THE TOILET BECAUSE YOU JUST WASTED YOUR TIME. I AM ON MY KNEES. PLEASE DO NOT LET ME REPEAT MYSELF AGAIN cheesy

Going through your posts? are you okay at all? do you know I have been following this thread since day 1(long before I registered on Nairaland) but the first time I posted in here was when you expressed your desire to be worshipped by your patients undecided.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 22, 2016
Now after all that. My first way of showing people the way is to follow the guidelines on the AHPRA site...that is not the point of this post of mine.

I posted earlier the importance of researching benefits each country has to offer before making a decision. Now seeing that you are looking at the US, Nigerians have this habit of "do as I do" a.k.a "follow follow" hence my post here asking that people not do "follow follow" but look at the bigger picture and long term goals before they decide on which country to go for.

Every health care practitioner should know the importance of universal health care. I am Nigerian as well and the reason why I have sworn not to practise in Nigeria is because of our useless health care system. Someone I know recently had a major impromptu surgery. Always been healthy. No medical condition/diagnosis really. But she lived in a country with universal health care. After 12 days she was discharged and paid not a single dime for hospital bill. In a country without universal health care, that will cost tens of thousands of dollars.

My cousin's 6 year old son a British citizen(Both parents British) but was born and lived in Nigeria then was called lazy by his teachers. 2 hospitals in lagos cleared him as fine. This boy could not run 10 meters without gasping for breath. I said doctors said he was fine just lazy. On a trip to the UK for vacation, the boy couldn't go for long walks without suffering from shortness of breath. They took him to see a doctor who requested tests to be carried out on him. Do you know this boy was suffering from congenital heart defect and all that time teachers and doctors called him lazy. He went in for surgery in the UK and they fixed the condition. No hospital bill. We try to be strong, hey we are healthy. Infact the day a Nigerian told me she was going to see a dentist my Nigerian nyash screamed "ehnnn...Ajebutter has killed you, how can a Nigerian go see a dentist, wetin do you teeth. Abomination" grin But the truth of the matter is, no one can be sure. No one can predict what will happen, it could be a minor procedure or a major one...BUT FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR CHILDREN BOTH BORN AND UNBORN MAKE SURE THEY HAVE ACCESS TO GOOD HEALTH CARE SYSTEM

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by MPVGoddess: 3:17pm On Jun 22, 2016
barbiee:
I hope i dont encounter that problem. They are yet to receive my transcripts from my school of Nursing. Is it that they compare the one from nursing council with the one from the school?

I think so.

The council has a policy of using the date of the most recent license.

CGFNS needs the date of the very first ever license issue.

Until the council provides that to match the information I had earlier submitted to them.

I am stuck in limbo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by fendorf(m): 4:19pm On Jun 22, 2016
WellEndowed:

Good points raised. The reason why I asked yous look into a country with universal healthcare is because it will save yous a lot of heartache in the future. Trust me on that one. You never know how important "free" healthcare is until you need it. Nothing compares to that.

I will choose Canada over the US. I have connections/families/permit in the US and that "American" dream is gradually fading. Opportunities are enormous you say but how long does it take for you to get a green card on arrival? The way you are pushing for opportunities is the same way millions of people are...how can you reach your full potential when you find yourself in a country with "opportunities" with 20 million people fighting to get a chance to explore these opportunities?

You actually sound like a nurse friend of mine who went to the US but had to divert to doing a masters in public health because things were not as rosy as she thought.

I just want all of you to get first hand experience from people who have lived in these countries before making a decision. Not all size fits all.

Canada has this massive land mass with about 34million people in it.....the chances of success are more realistic than the US. Australia has about 24 million people with opportunities un-describably good....and no you don't need to study for one year conversion program, there is a 3 months conversion program. I know someone who did hers from January to end of March this year.

The rent in the US is cheap. Things are cheap to buy....but their pay is less. Can you imagine getting less pay and have to pay for expensive stuffs?

The rent in Australia is expensive...but the pay is good....double the pay in the US. Can you imagine making so much money and expect everything else to be cheap?

Does it balance out? Maybe...this is when you explore other benefits each country throws at its people. Brings me back to health care. A woman in an LA had a fit/seizure. An ambulance was rung. When she recovered from it she almost died not from the seizure but from her trip to the hospital and the bills she had accumulated in her days there.

My sister inlaw (in the US) whose 4 year old son was running temp in 2012, took him to the hospital. They ran a bunch of tests on him for a few hours. She received a bill of over $4000 dollars and the boy did not even spend the night. Now this same sister inlaw of mine is Australian. Moved to America because of her husband and almost died of heart attack when she got the bill...why? because if her family remained in Australia, they wouldn't pay a dime on hospital bill. This same sister inlaw of mine who happens to be a chemical engineer would make atleast $10000 every 2 weeks in Australia. Moved to America and isn't making even half of that in a month in America. The opportunities are there but before you, thousands and millions of people are fighting. Good luck in getting heard first.

E.g in 2012. A waitress in new York earn $4.50 per hour. Little wonder they rely on tips.

E.g in 2012. A waitress in Australia is earning $25 per hour. Little wonder people do not leave tips. The few times I have left tips, they turned it down.

It is okay for you to choose the country you want or prefer but after reading your posts I thought it wise to alert other people of the pros and cons of living in these countries before someone decides to follow your advise and cry "had I known" in the nearest future...to some people it's so much fun saying "hey I live in America" no be for mouth alone.

No gun control in America. No one is safe. You can be in the shops and one mad man will walk in and release fire. It doesn't end in American dream. It ends in quality of life and the need to feel safe wherever you are.

Like I said you need first hand information not popular beliefs

please do you have an idea of cost for the 3months conversion course?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 6:01pm On Jun 22, 2016
WellEndowed:

That opportunity you are talking about is called a conversion program. A person who studied in for example a third world country cannot meet NMC requirement in Australia. NEVER. That is why it is requirement that you enrol in a program to bring you up to speed with the Australian curriculum. That program for the upteenth time is called the conversion program

Sigh. Listen Barbie. Internationally qualified nurse has to do a conversion program. It is either a 3 months program and you come out with a certificate stating "Diploma of Nursing-Registered Nurse" or 1 year program with a certificate stating "Bachelor of Science-Nursing(Registered)". This program is called conversion/bridging program because there some units of study you have to undertake to fill out any in your word "deficiencies" in study from your country (e.g Nigeria).

What do you think conversion program means?just to change from one certificate to the other? not just that....it is that extra units/study you have to undertake to meet the requirements of working in Australia as a nurse. There are some units not taught in Nigeria that are taught in Australia or some units not clearly defined in your curriculum. It is a program AHPRA advises you enrol in with units you have to undertake to fill up any gaps from your previous studies. It doesn't matter except you want to do a Masters but if you want to work in Australia with a "Nigerian certificate" or as an internationally qualified nurse, you must enrol in those units.

Now people refuse to do the 1 year program because it is too long and too expensive. AHPRA provided even shorter programs hence the 3 month one so the inpatient ones can get out quicker and apply for registration and start working.

There are many universities in Australia that offer that 1 year course and 3 months course. Even Murdoch university in Western Australia amongst many offer the course...BUT YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO ME NOW BARBIEE WITH BOTH EARS OPEN, I CANNOT KEEP REPEATING MYSELF...YOU CANNOT ENROL SAY FOR EXAMPLE BY YOURSELF AT DEAKIN UNIVERSITY AND THEN PLAN TO PRACTICE IN AUSTRALIA. IF YOU WANT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA, AHPRA WILL GIVE YOU A LIST OF THE UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN APPLY TO. THEY GIVE YOU THIS INFORMATION WHICH YOU TAKE TO THE UNI. YOU CAN DECIDE TO DO AN INTENSIVE 3 MONTHS PROGRAM OR THE 1 YEAR PROGRAM, WHICHEVER WAY, IF YOU ENROL IN DEAKIN WITHOUT AHPRA'S APPROVAL, WITHOUT AHPRA TELING YOU IT'S OKAY TO STUDY AT DEAKIN, YOU BETTER FLUSH THAT MONEY IN THE TOILET BECAUSE YOU JUST WASTED YOUR TIME. I AM ON MY KNEES. PLEASE DO NOT LET ME REPEAT MYSELF AGAIN cheesy

Going through your posts? are you okay at all? do you know I have been following this thread since day 1(long before I registered on Nairaland) but the first time I posted in here was when you expressed your desire to be worshipped by your patients undecided.
... Ok for peace sake YOU WIN. I don't want to argue with you over this issue. (I'm yet to see you on your knees though) grin grin

Back to the issue on ground, please show us the right way to Nursing in Australia and Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2016
MPVGoddess:

I think so.

The council has a policy of using the date of the most recent license.

CGFNS needs the date of the very first ever license issue.

Until the council provides that to match the information I had earlier submitted to them.

I am stuck in limbo
it is well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by fendorf(m): 7:08pm On Jun 22, 2016
WellEndowed:
Now after all that. My first way of showing people the way is to follow the guidelines on the AHPRA site...that is not the point of this post of mine.

I posted earlier the importance of researching benefits each country has to offer before making a decision. Now seeing that you are looking at the US, Nigerians have this habit of "do as I do" a.k.a "follow follow" hence my post here asking that people not do "follow follow" but look at the bigger picture and long term goals before they decide on which country to go for.

Every health care practitioner should know the importance of universal health care. I am Nigerian as well and the reason why I have sworn not to practise in Nigeria is because of our useless health care system. Someone I know recently had a major impromptu surgery. Always been healthy. No medical condition/diagnosis really. But she lived in a country with universal health care. After 12 days she was discharged and paid not a single dime for hospital bill. In a country without universal health care, that will cost tens of thousands of dollars.

My cousin's 6 year old son a British citizen(Both parents British) but was born and lived in Nigeria then was called lazy by his teachers. 2 hospitals in lagos cleared him as fine. This boy could not run 10 meters without gasping for breath. I said doctors said he was fine just lazy. On a trip to the UK for vacation, the boy couldn't go for long walks without suffering from shortness of breath. They took him to see a doctor who requested tests to be carried out on him. Do you know this boy was suffering from congenital heart defect and all that time teachers and doctors called him lazy. He went in for surgery in the UK and they fixed the condition. No hospital bill. We try to be strong, hey we are healthy. Infact the day a Nigerian told me she was going to see a dentist my Nigerian nyash screamed "ehnnn...Ajebutter has killed you, how can a Nigerian go see a dentist, wetin do you teeth. Abomination" grin But the truth of the matter is, no one can be sure. No one can predict what will happen, it could be a minor procedure or a major one...BUT FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR CHILDREN BOTH BORN AND UNBORN MAKE SURE THEY HAVE ACCESS TO GOOD HEALTH CARE SYSTEM
welcome back to nairaland.hope you will return back to Australian thread
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kaffy4bill(f): 10:00am On Jun 23, 2016
gratefulme40:

when i did my verification with nmc, i got a contact in NMC abuja, i sent the forms and money to him, he followed it up and within 1 week plus the forms were completed and signed. i sent him extra money for courier service which he used to send it to NMC Uk, he gave me the tracking number and within 2 to 3days, it was delivered and signed for.

I also did the same with my transcripts from school of nursing, i sent someone and gave them money for courier service, they used DHL and in 2-3 days, it was delivered..

Also, when i renewed my licence, i also contacted someone and within one week, my licence was ready and delivered in my mail box by DHL

sometimes, when you just drop these forms and not follow up, it might take forever for them to send them, besides, i dont know how NIPOST works now, but from what i used to know way back, documents sent through NIPOST could take eternity to get to their destination especially when they are going outside Nigeria.....I dont know if things have changed.

My advice, when next you need to send something, go there, and specifically request to have your document sent via courier service, tell them you are happy to pay the extra cost for the courier service.

Good morning
Pls I sent you a PM, kindly revert when you can. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gratefulme40: 10:04am On Jun 23, 2016
kaffy4bill:

Good morning
Pls I sent you a PM, kindly revert when you can. Thanks

Just saw it....unfortunately, I have forgotten the log in details to the email I used for my naira land account.

Can you share whatever it is you wanna talk about here
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kaffy4bill(f): 10:22am On Jun 23, 2016
gratefulme40:

Just saw it....unfortunately, I have forgotten the log in details to the email I used for my naira land account.

Can you share whatever it is you wanna talk about here

It's abt the contact in NMC abuja
My email Addy ....
Thanks
Hope am not too much trouble
Let me knw wen u get d mail so I can modify my post
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gratefulme40: 10:30am On Jun 23, 2016
kaffy4bill:

It's abt the contact in NMC abuja
My email Addy is.......@gmail.com
Thanks
Hope am not too much trouble
Let me knw wen u get d mail so I can modify my post

Gotten. You can take it down now.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kaffy4bill(f): 10:34am On Jun 23, 2016
gratefulme40:

Gotten. You can take it down now.

Am grateful
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kaffy4bill(f): 9:50am On Jun 24, 2016
@gratefulme40,am still expecting ur mail
Do you mind dropping your digits so I can call you
TIA
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gratefulme40: 9:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
kaffy4bill:
@gratefulme40,am still expecting ur mail
Do you mind dropping your digits so I can call you
TIA

Sorry love. Been at work.
Drop yours if you can. I will hook you up on what's app now
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kaffy4bill(f): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
gratefulme40:

Sorry love. Been at work.
Drop yours if you can. I will hook you up on what's app now

pls let me know wen u get it so I can take it down
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gratefulme40: 9:48pm On Jun 24, 2016
kaffy4bill:

pls let me know wen u get it so I can take it down

gotten
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
barbiee:
... Ok for peace sake YOU WIN. I don't want to argue with you over this issue. (I'm yet to see you on your knees though) grin grin

Back to the issue on ground, please show us the right way to Nursing in Australia and Canada.

I am only on my knees when I do naughty things tongue

fendorf:
please do you have an idea of cost for the 3months conversion course?

For example ETEA college Heidelberg, Victoria cost 12000 dollars. For the IELTS, you need 7 on each band or write the OET exam and get a b module. Many do the OET because even those from non English speaking country pass. grin Better outcome with that one

fendorf:
welcome back to nairaland.hope you will return back to Australian thread

I don't know what you are talking about lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by fendorf(m): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
WellEndowed:

I am only on my knees when I do naughty things tongue

For example ETEA college Heidelberg, Victoria cost 12000 dollars. For the IELTS, you need 7 on each band or write the OET exam and get a b module. Many do the OET because even those from non English speaking country pass. grin Better outcome with that one

I don't know what you are talking about lipsrsealed
Hmmm I bet you know
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by chiefmidwife: 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
What of those with BNSC in Nigeria do they need to do additional programme in australia before they write their professional exam
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 28, 2016
There is no "professional exam" to sit for in Australia, unlike Canada and US. There are four English exams you can choose from. You only have to write one of them and pass before applying to AHPRA. I think 3 of the exams are available in Nigeria (ielts, toefl, ?pearson)

1. Pearsons
2. TOEFL
3. IELTS
4. OET

You apply to AHPRA. Get enrolled into the conversion program/course. Do course assignments/homework which includes a drug calculation test, maximum 8 weeks clinical practical/placement in a hospital all done within that 3 months.

99.9% of foreigners must do additional program for their certificate to be recognized. The only difference is you do not sit for a professional exam. You only need to sit for the english exam

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by chiefmidwife: 11:58am On Jun 29, 2016
WellEndowed:
There is no "professional exam" to sit for in Australia, unlike Canada and US. There are four English exams you can choose from. You only have to write one of them and pass before applying to AHPRA. I think 3 of the exams are available in Nigeria (ielts, toefl, ?pearson)

1. Pearsons
2. TOEFL
3. IELTS
4. OET

You apply to AHPRA. Get enrolled into the conversion program/course. Do course assignments/homework which includes a drug calculation test, maximum 8 weeks clinical practical/placement in a hospital all done within that 3 months.

99.9% of foreigners must do additional program for their certificate to be recognized. The only difference is you do not sit for a professional exam. You only need to sit for the english exam
Thanks..bt is there any thing like part time work while you are doing the programme?
Like hw much will the programme cost?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by titane: 3:32pm On Jul 02, 2016
barbiee:
it means everyone needs to contribute to move the thread
she is a desperate troll, stop trying to explain things to her.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IYIMAN: 10:35pm On Jul 13, 2016
barbiee:
smiley we are all in this together.

Hope you're doing all you can, how far.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2016
IYIMAN:

Hope you're doing all you can, how far.
I am doing the best i can thank you. The nclex practice questions are giving me tough time though but i will soon conquer it.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2016
Hello everyone, this thread has been quiet lately, how about we post some nclex practice questions here at the beginning of each day and answer them together? At the end of the day the answers as well as rationale will be provided.. I'm going to post some starting tomorrow morning.
I wish everyone of us waiting for cgfns report the shortest waiting time possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:47am On Jul 15, 2016
That will be great, nice move.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 6:59am On Jul 15, 2016
Questions are from Kaplan study guide. Please quote each question when providing the answer.

1. A 14 year old girl newly diagnosed with diabetes is preparing for discharge. Which of the following activities BEST describes the nurse's role as a client advocate?

1. Arranging for a visit with a home health nurse.
2. Providing written medication instructions to the client's parents
3. Instructing the client to follow up with her provider in 4 weeks
4. Teaching the client how to administer insulin shots.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 7:06am On Jul 15, 2016
After receiving report at the start of the evening shift, which of the following clients should the nurse attend to FIRST

1. A34 year old man undergoing treatment for non Hodgkin lymphoma with a potassium level of 7.5mEq/l
2. A 21 year old woman with sickle cell anaemia with pain of 6 on a scale of 1-10
3. A 55 year old woman with ovarian cancer waiting to be discharged
4. A 72 year old man with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and a pulse oximetry of 96% on room air.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kaffy4bill(f): 9:11am On Jul 15, 2016
barbiee:
Questions are from Kaplan study guide. Please quote each question when providing the answer.

1. A 14 year old girl newly diagnosed with diabetes is preparing for discharge. Which of the following activities BEST describes the nurse's role as a client advocate?

1. Arranging for a visit with a home health nurse.
2. Providing written medication instructions to the client's parents
3. Instructing the client to follow up with her provider in 4 weeks
4. Teaching the client how to administer insulin shots.

A
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kaffy4bill(f): 9:12am On Jul 15, 2016
barbiee:
After receiving report at the start of the evening shift, which of the following clients should the nurse attend to FIRST

1. A34 year old man undergoing treatment for non Hodgkin lymphoma with a potassium level of 7.5mEq/l
2. A 21 year old woman with sickle cell anaemia with pain of 6 on a scale of 1-10
4. A 72 year old man with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and a pulse oximetry of 96% on room air.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by TheArchangel(f): 9:23am On Jul 15, 2016
barbiee:

7.5mEq/l is leaning towards hyperkalemia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.