Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Perfect, Says Cross River Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Perfect, Says Cross River Governor (415 Views)

Two Special Assistants To Cross River Governor Wed Themselves In Calabar. Photos / They Say I Look Like Ben Ayade, Cross River Governor - Man Says (Photos) / Pics : Ita Giwa Launches Restaurant, Gets N5 Million From Cross River Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Perfect, Says Cross River Governor by LRNZH(m): 10:16am On Jan 14, 2016

Governor Benedict Ayade

Tobi Soniyi in Abuja and Bassey Inyang in Calabar.
Cross River State Governor, Benedict Ayade, visited President Muhammadu Buhari wednesday where he described the ongoing anti-graft war as perfect.

The governor, who addressed State House correspondents after meeting with the president, said the war against corruption was already yielding positive result.

According to hm, investors are already trooping into Cross River as a result of the anti-corruption war.

“The anti-corruption war is perfect. For those who know the pains, hardship and frustrations that Nigerians have passed through; as a nation, there is so much in terms of natural resources and the people are so poor. It is only obvious that any serious government must take the issue of corruption seriously.

“I think that’s why today, Nigeria is beginning to have national and international image that looks like Nigeria is getting prepared for business. That is why investments are flowing into Cross River State. That’s a sign that the anti-corruption war is actually working and it is giving Nigeria the international image that we need.

“The state has a lot of investors coming in to start massive investments in rice project in the state. To that extent, I just needed to come and brief the president so that he would’ve an idea of what’s going on in the state and of course, use the opportunity to brief him on some other issues,” Ayade said

On the Bakassi Deep Sea Port dredging contract, he said: “The project is real and that is part of what I discussed with Mr. President and the president has given his commitment that he’ll support the deep sea port and the evacuation corridor which is the 260kilometer super highway. The president did give advice and warning that as far as that he had come to give support to this programme, I must come to give quarterly progress report on this project.”

The governor added that he also discussed rice production with the president.

“This is part of what I discussed with the President. Since we have special commercial credit facility for which as a state we have requested for N4.8billion. If we have that it will support us. But basically interns of the investment outlay, the investment outlay is over N10billion and there is also a foreign element which is a function of what the foreign partners are bringing,” he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-s-anti-corruption-war-perfect-says-cross-river-governor/230271/

cc: Lalasticlala; Mynd44, Obinoscopy
Re: Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Perfect, Says Cross River Governor by ricsman(m): 10:20am On Jan 14, 2016
take that to PDP meeting

after reading

this is a new administration hence every state must fall in line with the FG.

no time to play opposition.

allow the party to do the oppositioning.

yesterday it was Delta state today it is Cross River state. hope Rivers state will do same.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Perfect, Says Cross River Governor by babadem2much(m): 10:23am On Jan 14, 2016
Waiting to hear from chief blackmailers who will come out and criticize the peoples Gov.

Ben Ayade am not from your state I only work there but I know the confident your people bestowed on you.

God bless u
Re: Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Perfect, Says Cross River Governor by kamair237(m): 10:25am On Jan 14, 2016
PMB don rub small oil for him hands.....

lol he is just from d aso rock wat do u expect....

(1) (Reply)

How Goodluck Jonathan Ordered Dasuki To Share Money / Fortunately, There Are A Ton Of Options Gone It Comes To Losing Weight. / Zaria Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.