Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,680 members, 7,816,782 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House (21016 Views)

Wife Sets Her Husband's House On Fire In Birnin-Kebbi For Wanting Another Wife / Woman Chased Out By Her Son-In-Law Builds Her Own House Years After / Guy Impregnates A Girl, His Parents' Reactions Are Hilariously Shocking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by abubakaa(m): 7:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
solidman59:
A friend of mine, has been working for a year now with a decent salary and has just rented an apartment for himself but his parents are now against him for doing that.

I just want to get your opinions on this because I think it's ok bearing in mind that this dude is 28yrs old now.

Was it a bad decision? Is he too young to?

Plz mods I beg of you, just give this one special attention, his parents are saying they will excommunicate him if he finally moves out.
They are either being over protective or there are things is doing for them that they will miss when he's gone

1 Like

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by franklingud(m): 7:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
Some parents can frustrate their children atimes. 28 year old man is not old enough to rent an apartment of his own?? shocked I wonder.
I can never live with my parents at my age, BTW I don pass dat age na shocked so why I go come live with ma mama again.

Free dat guy joor!
At US u can no longer live with ur parents @ 18.
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by franklingud(m): 7:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
Some parents can frustrate their children atimes. 28 year old man is not old enough to rent an apartment of his own?? shocked I wonder.
I can never live with my parents at my age, BTW I don pass dat age na shocked so why I go come live with ma mama again.

Free dat guy joor!
In US u can no longer live with ur parents @ 18.
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by XBLadez: 7:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
I started living on my own at the age of 19. My mom objected but I explained my reasons. Until now, I still live alone and f^ck hoes alone
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by JustKeen(m): 7:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
28? Damn. I'm 26 n have been living alone since 24.

He has a job already for Christ sake. Living alone sure instills certain sense of responsibility in one
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 14, 2016
bikerboy1:
HMMMM.... His parents are not serious.

His mates @28 are already married and settled with 2kids, They still busy pampering him to live with them.

Like I said before, They are not serious.

Unless they have personal reasons the OP didn't share with us.
you are the type who make people kill people!

so his mate are already married @28 and you want him to married at 28 ABI?

what are you talking about? did you think everybody's life is thesame!

just because his mate is getting married @28 doesn't mean he should just leave and start getting married at 28.

if Jesus was in this era, you people will be the first to kill him.

nonsense!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by ZiggyMr(m): 7:35pm On Jan 14, 2016
Nigerian parent can be so overprotective to the extent they don't want you to leave them. @28 with a decent salary, he should be left alone to decide what next for him instead of being mummy's lil boi

2 Likes

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by noblegrex: 7:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
Tell that your friend to ask them what age they left their own parents. That's silly.

1 Like

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by noblegrex: 7:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
Tell that your friend to ask them what age they left their own parents or got married to each other,then he can take it from there. That's silly.may be your friend is sickled,like he's got ailment/terminal probs. But even at that he's able and just to live alone.
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
flokii:

too young?.. he's too old sef

in a sane society.. ur friend should have had like 4 kids by now..

life expectancy is bcoming low... people dnt live long enof. like bfor

tell ur friend to stand his ground... as simple as abc..
peradventure you have a child who has a mental illness and can't take care of himself in some way!

will you advise him to get married and have 4 kids by now undecided

just don't jump into conclusion and use your damn brain to think!

there must be a solid reason for it and the OP just give yee one side of the story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by yollychika(f): 7:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
Op ur fwend parents archaic local n wot else

1 Like

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by macminista(m): 7:54pm On Jan 14, 2016
solidman59:
A friend of mine, has been working for a year now with a decent salary and has just rented an apartment for himself but his parents are now against him for doing that.

I just want to get your opinions on this because I think it's ok bearing in mind that this dude is 28yrs old now.

Plz mods I beg of you, just give this one special attention, his parents are saying they will excommunicate him if he finally moves out.
28 is already a grand parent
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by nkemdi89(f): 7:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
Why the rush? 28years and financial independence doesn't make him mentally independent.
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by cooooooks(m): 7:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
If it's me, I'll stay with my parents and invest money in savings for a year after which I move out.
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Parcks(m): 7:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
@Op,r ur friend's parents Egyptians?...Lol...because they act like one...We would not let you go! Or even if we let you go, u must not stay far from us...@28, Arrant Nonsense!
Op,tell your friend to wait till he is 75 just like Abram in the Bible.
solidman59:

1 Like

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by flokii: 7:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
sonofananimal:
peradventure you have a child who has a mental illness and can't take care of himself in some way!

will you advise him to get married and have 4 kids by now undecided

just don't jump into conclusion and use your damn brain to think!

there must be a solid reason for it and the OP just give yee one side of the story.

your monicker tho.. says alot

buh then have you asked yourself this... can a mentally-ill man work for that time frame, save and plan to start his own life..

isn't he supposed to be confined somwhere mayb home as he could bcom violent and all..

it's you that need to do a lot of thinking so you won't allow emotions cloud your sense of judgement..

btw whatever reason doesn't warrant you to stay with your parents for life... what if they die?... you'd die with them or what

wakeup man... d guy in question is probably a mummy's boy with over-protective parents
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
flokii:

your monicker tho.. says alot

buh then have you asked yourself this... can a mentally-ill man work for that time frame, save and plan to start his own life..

isn't he supposed to be confined somwhere mayb home as he could bcom violent and all..

it's you that need to do a lot of thinking so you won't allow emotions cloud your sense of judgement..

btw whatever reason doesn't warrant you to stay with your parents for life... what if they die?... you'd die with them or what

wakeup man... d guy in question is probably a mummy's boy with over-protective parents
no!

you wake up!

depending on the kind of family and house you are talking about! just because you are poor doesn't mean everyone is poor just like you!

he might have had his own apartment in thesame compound or land as you may call it but just wanted to break out of the family business and see life in a different angle which his parent may be against it. undecided

can't you reason it!

I have seen stuff happening like this and all he just need is a little advice to push him up!

many of you here have a poverty MENTALITY and can't think or even reason straight!

change your mindset

1 Like

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by knackz(m): 8:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hadassahisbae:
diz not fair..how will he explain to his bae or frndz dah he lives in d-same roof wid his parent at 28..itz shameful
grin grin grin see upper cut..you funning sha
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by flokii: 8:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
sonofananimal:
no!

you wake up!

depending on the kind of family and house you are talking about! just because you are poor doesn't mean everyone is poor just like you!

he might have had his own apartment in thesame compound or land as you may call it but just wanted to break out of the family business and see life in a different angle which his parent may be against it. undecided

can't you reason it!

I have seen stuff happening like this and all he just need is a little advice to push him up!

many of you here have a poverty MENTALITY and can't think or even reason straight!

change your mindset

dude!

what are you saying?...Pato, a footballer already had 2 to 3 kids at age 19.

Meesi has his family at 25.. are those ones poor too?

it's only in Africa you see people trying to justify wrong events.. some will stay till 30, 40 and some till they die

change ur mentality.. once you're above 21 yrs, you're liable for your actions and ready to live an independent life

2 Likes

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by muhakeem(m): 8:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hadassahisbae:
diz not fair..how will he explain to his bae or frndz dah he lives in d-same roof wid his parent at 28..itz shameful
Lol... for ur mind now u no fit date this kind guy,

cus na quickie him go always dey do yhu for him parent house
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by muhakeem(m): 8:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
Addicted2Women:
You won't have the freedom to bring in any girl.
You can't go clubbing.
The monitor every movement you make.

these are the reasons I support their actions
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by psalm121vs1: 8:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
franklingud:

Free dat guy joor!
At US u can no longer live with ur parents @ 18.
taaaa...US KWA..stop sharing ur own opinion on public forums...so a harvard undergraduate is living on his own..why then did steve jobs drop out if it was easy for him and started his business at his parents garage..name any us billionaire who started on his own without support from anyone..except u mean moving out and still collecting loans from ur relatives which in my world is the same as living with them..cos moving out should be entirely..u no longer require their financial support..not living out in a house which they re indirectly paying for..
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
flokii:

dude!

what are you saying?...Pato, a footballer already had 2 to 3 kids at age 19.

Meesi has his family at 25.. are those ones poor too?

it's only in Africa you see people trying to justify wrong events.. some will stay till 30, 40 and some till they die

change ur mentality.. once you're above 21 yrs, you're liable for your actions and ready to live an independent life
dude!

you are talking about people living in a country where the government take care of them even if there is no job or what so ever!

I guess you haven't seen real HUSTLE.

at 21 in Africa! you are still in the university if Jamb do well for you, at 25 you are already a graduate and the main thing you will be looking for is job which nowadays here in Africa doesn't come in handy!

so are you trying to tell me that at 21 you are suppose to start living a good and independent life undecided

dude?
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2016
psalm121vs1:
taaaa...US KWA..stop sharing ur own opinion on public forums...so a harvard undergraduate is living on his own..why then did steve jobs drop out if it was easy for him and started his business at his parents garage..name any us billionaire who started on his own without support from anyone..except u mean moving out and still collecting loans from ur relatives which in my world is the same as living with them..cos moving out should be entirely..u no longer require their financial support..not living out in a house which they re indirectly paying for..
Bros.

there are just bunch of kids talking RUBBISH!

the way many reason here is just strange!
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by flokii: 8:38pm On Jan 14, 2016
sonofananimal:
dude!

you are talking about people living in a country where the government take care of them even if there is no job or what so ever!

I guess you haven't seen real HUSTLE.

at 21 in Africa! you are still in the university if Jamb do well for you, at 25 you are already a graduate and the main thing you will be looking for is job which nowadays here in Africa doesn't come in handy!

so are you trying to tell me that at 21 you are suppose to start living a good and independent life undecided

dude?

oh!... now I get ur point

d Nigerian factor comes to play... TRUE

buh still doesn't make it right... what stops our govt. from making such provisions? INSINCERITY & CORRUPTION

buh to be honest... it doesn't mean you shouldn't start ur life when you feel ready..

Gowon became head of state (equivalent to president) at 31.. same with this PMB who was appointed minister at that age bracket
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
Devil punish evil parents like these who don't want their children to succeed & be better than them in every way. They're simply enemies of progress in my eyes, I don't care how old they are. Being overprotective is no damn excuse. If I were dude, I hop out & live my life the way I want it to be cos I'm the creator of my world experiences. 28 is even way beyond, he should be living his life on his own terms, enjoying it however & not give a flying Fûck or seek approval from anybody. The sob is damn lucky he's getting paid & can afford a place. I know a guy the same age & is still staying in his dad's old, shyte house cos the dad built a house but refused to move for fear of the unknown & now dude is just stuck without a degree, no job, no money. Just in the house all day. Bruh, you have money, have apartment. Get a dope chick & wife her OR have fun with as many as you want. Don't live your life according to parental, religious, moral dictation. Do what makes you happy, what's in your heart. Do You! Fûck everybody else!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by pweetychyka(f): 8:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
Addicted2Women:
You won't have the freedom to bring in any girl.
You can't go clubbing.
The monitor every movement you make.

My dear, I expected reasons much more ideal dan dis!

OP, I bet u if it's for dis reason dats y u wanna leave ur parent's house, den u still have to stay back and get some sense of responsibility.

For me, I would say u are very much due to leave your parent's house... so u can have tym to plan for your future!

And mind you when you leave, don't make your parents need your top most priority as u are still single n will build a home soon...so it will be very ghud if u can inculcate an habit of saving! #jezmaopinion
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hadassahisbae:

Some even want u to pay rent in their own house.
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by cityAdventures: 9:01pm On Jan 14, 2016
ayogabriel:
Okay, I am about the same age, I got a job in ph where I stay with my parents, and my dad said, I shouldn't wait for him to chase me out before I know I will move out, in one of his talks, he said after 3 month of working one should start thinking of moving out, that is his own take. He is expects me to start been independent and leave my comfort zone. Staying with parent and earning a sizeable/fat pay, will make u relax and not cautious of your self, staying on your own, gives one more awareness of been responsible, and other things that comes with it... if you all know what am talking about. in your case at OP, parents can be over protective atimes, in this part of the world, parents wants the best thing for there children except them, been who they want to be. 1 year is more than enough. Chao bro

What kind of parents do u hve?dat will even jokingly say they will chase you out of the house cos u earn a fat pay check? Na wa o...wat if u even earn 1mil a month? A loving parent wit a big house will neber wnt his children out of the family house.dey just simply wnt company at old age thats why they go and bring several reltives from the villge to stay.

By the way i left home at 16, almost 20years ago, and since then i hve never spent more than a week in my fathers house.sometime ago, it seemed i was going to work with a high profile PEP bck in my home state and i knew my mother was spoiling for war-if i ever came to say i wnted to rent a house in the same town.she would hear none of it..at my age nd level.

If i cum for holidays and stay at hotels, she is so sad and moody...she doesnt need me to give her millions or a car or a jet.just my prescence is enough. Thats the greatest gift i can give her-seeing her son everyday while he is around. If he is relocating and staying in her big house? Happier for her

I dont knw the kind of parent u have o.
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by saintkeppy(m): 9:03pm On Jan 14, 2016
.if only he has a decent job to foot his bills cos i dont see anything wrong, even in advanced countries from age 18 you are eligible to stay alone.
solidman59:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cheating Husband Loses N26-Mil He Gave 'Bae' To Hide From Wife - SA Court (PIX) / Are You Married To An Older Lady...? / It’s Satanic For Wives To Demand Money From Husbands Before Sex - Livinus Okeke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.