Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins (77029 Views)

Pregnant Woman Delivers At Lagos BusStop (pic) / SORROW TO JOY: Woman Delivers Triplets Day Murdered Son Was Buried (picture) / Black And White Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by kimba(m): 8:09am On Oct 27, 2006
Woman delivers freak black, white twins
IN what scientists have branded a million-to-one chance, a couple has given birth to twin baby boys - one white, the other black.

Layton, who weighed 6lb 4oz, was growing blonde hair and was fair skinned. His brother, Kaydon, who arrived 20 minutes later weighing 6lb 9oz, was black. "When they were first born, no one really noticed anything unusual as they were both practically the same colour," said their 27-year-old mother Miss Kerry Richardson.

"But over the last few months, Layton has got lighter and blonder, like his dad, and Kaydon has gone darker like me."

The one in a million conception happened after two eggs were fertilised at the same time in the womb. While Miss Richardson is of English-Nigerian heritage, the twins' father is white.

According to the Multiple Births Foundation, baby Kaydon must have inherited the black genes from his mother, whilst Layton inherited the white ones from his father.

"Everywhere we go, you can see people looking and you can tell they are dying to comment," said Kerry, an administrator. "I have to explain they really are twins and do have the same parents.

"Sometimes, I think that it is going to be really weird for them growing up. But I just look at them as being even more special."

The brothers were born at the James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough, England, on July 23, four weeks prematurely.

"I went into hospital at 8.30 a.m. on July 22 and Kaydon and Layton were born the next morning," said Miss Richardson. "Layton was born at 1.40 a.m. and Kaydon was born twenty minutes later at 2 a.m. on July 23.

"Everyone who sees them can't believe that they are twins. I have had people say to me 'don't they look alike, they are just like twins' and I have to tell them that they are twins."

"Even then some people take some persuading that I am serious. It was just gradual that we started noticing the difference in their skin colour. But to me it doesn't matter what they look like. They are my little angels and I would love them whatever colour of skin they had." Skin colour of a baby is believed to be determined by up to seven different genes working together. If a woman is of mixed race, her eggs will usually contain a mixture of genes coding for both black and white skin. Similarly, a man of mixed race will have a variety of different genes in his sperm. When these eggs and sperm come together, they create a baby of mixed race. But, very occasionally, the egg or sperm might contain genes coding for one skin colour. If both the egg and sperm contain all white genes, the baby will be white. And if both contain just the versions necessary for black skin, the baby will be black. International clinical geneticist, Dr Stephen Withers, said the likelihood of a mixed race woman having eggs that were predominantly for one skin colour was rare enough, let alone releasing two of them simultaneously and producing twins.

"It's probably a million to one chance," he said. Richard Fisher, locum consultant in clinical genetics at James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough, added: "Non-identical twins are better described as brothers who happened to have been conceived at the same time. "They were formed from two separate eggs and therefore just share 50 per cent of their genes. It is therefore not unusual for there to be a difference in appearance.

"However, it is unusual for there to be a significant difference in skin colour and I have never come across a case like this myself."

It comes just days after another mother spoke of her one in a million birth. Twin sisters Alicia and Jasmin Singerl, who were conceived naturally, were born in May and live with their parents in Burpengary, north of Brisbane. Their mother, Natasha Knight, 35, is of mixed-race Jamaican-English heritage, while their father Michael Singerl, 34, is a white German. But, like Kaydon and Layton, one of the five-month old girls is black while the other is white.

Miss Knight said they had speculated during her pregnancy about what would happen if each twin entirely took after one parent. "It's just amazing, they are so different," she said. "When they were born you could see there was a colour difference straight away. We couldn't believe it.

"Alicia's eyes were brown and her hair was dark. Jasmin's eyes were blue and her hair was white - you could hardly see her hair or her eyebrows."

-----------
When these boys are of age, how would the black boy introduce his twin:
HEY, THIS IS MY TWIN, IM A NIGGER, HE'S WHITE!!!!---------------
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article04

Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by kimba(m): 8:14am On Oct 27, 2006
HERE IS ANOTHER ONE:

Meet my twin sister

A double take in black & white

A mixed-race British mom gave birth to twins recently - one of each.
No, not a boy and a girl. Two girls - one black, the other white.

The odds of such a birth are about a million to one, experts said.

"It was a shock when I realized that my twins were two different colors," Kylie Hodgson, 19, told London's Daily Mail. "But it doesn't matter to us - they are just our two gorgeous little girls."

Hodgson and her partner, Remi Horder, 17, were both born to mixed-race parents.

Little Kian and Remee share a love of apples and the Teletubbies, their proud mom says.

Fertility experts speculate that a sperm containing all-white genes fused with an egg with all-white genes, and a sperm with all-black genes fused with an all-black gene egg to produce the fraternal twins.

--------------
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_report/story/393555p-333719c.html
-----------------

A double take in beautiful black & white.

A mixed-race British mom gave birth to twins recently - one of each. Not a boy and a girl. Two girls - one black, the other white. The odds of such a birth are about a million to one, experts said. It was a shock when I realized that my twins were two different colors," Kylie Hodgson, 19, told London's Daily Mail. "But it doesn't matter to us - they are just our two gorgeous little girls."

---
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/issue60.html#three
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=377839&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source=&ct=5

Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by Free(f): 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2006
awwwwwww

they sooooo cute

best of both world grin
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by Damsal(f): 8:31pm On Oct 27, 2006
I think the babies are soo adorable, and should be highly offended by you refering to them as freaks.

And fyi the black boy is not the only one with the issue the white boy is going to have to explain that his mum is black.

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by nferyn(m): 8:37pm On Oct 27, 2006
Damsal:

I think the babies are soo adorable, and should be highly offended by you refering to them as freaks.
Exactly. Calling perfectly healty, normal babies [i]freaks [/i]is highly insulting.
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by kimba(m): 6:13pm On Oct 28, 2006
@Damsal, Nferyn

I just copy-pasted the title of the post from the ngrguardiannews.com title of the article I read it from. It wasnt something personal. I guess the reporter was over-excited.

How can I call these fine angels freaks, God forbid. I myself am ChinNig

Let God give me a black and white bunch like this and ill be a happy man. The first set black and white girls, the next set, black and white boys. Lets have a little chinese flava in between grin grin grin grin, that will be a terrific combination,
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by mamaput(f): 10:45am On Oct 29, 2006
So who is the fool that called them Freaks.
This mix is possible in mixed race .
The woman said she is half Nigerian and her husband is white.
Two of my kids look White and one looks mixed.
The only difference is that they were not born at the same time.
That the colour of the twins is different is as possible as twins been a boy and a girl.
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by TOYOSI20(f): 4:38am On Oct 27, 2008
@ Topic,

I think the girls are really cute. . . . . . . kiss

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by Angolobabe(f): 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2008
it happens when the both patners are biracial,i have seen this in portugal ,twins one black and the other white but very cute.
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by tpia: 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2009
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by sweetpie23: 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2009
maybe they were racist or something cheesy
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by Sissy3(f): 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2009
they're so CUTE!
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by chibaby5(f): 11:52pm On Jul 05, 2009
Really freaky but da kids r mmmmmmwwwwwwaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh. . . . kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by mamagee3(f): 5:52pm On Jul 08, 2009
This is strange, twins with different skin colours. undecided
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by sparta(f): 10:00am On Jul 09, 2009
Check this out!

WONDERS WILL NEVER END AND GOD IS STILL THE AUTHOR OF WONDERS!!!

Pictured: Proud parents show off their million-to-one black and white twins

Welcoming new twins into the world is always a momentous event.
But when brothers Ryan and Leo arrived they had an extra surprise for their parents - they were born with different coloured skin.
For one twin to be black and one to be white is so rare that it is thought by medical experts to be a one in a million occurrence.

Proud parents: Florence Addo-Gerth and Stephan Gerth with their newborn twins Ryan (right) and Leo (left)
Proud parents Florence Addo-Gerth and Stephan Gerth are over-joyed by the new additions to their family, which includes 18-year-old brother Randy.
Mother Florence, 35, hails from Ghana , west Africa while father Stephan is German.
Stephan, 40, said that although the couple were surprised by the children's different colourings the most important thing was that the babies were healthy.

Big yawn: Ryan (left) and Leo enjoy a nap, oblivious to the sensation their births have caused
The infants caused a sensation at the Sana Hospital in Lichtenberg , Germany , where they were born on Friday last week, with guests crowding around to greet the new arrivals.
And it is not only their skin colours that are different - the twins are already revealing opposing personalities.
Light-skinned Ryan is described as a 'spirited' baby, while laidback brother Leo is a lot calmer.
Senior doctor Birgit Weber, who helped deliver the tots by ceasarean section, said that in 20 years of practice this was the first time she had seen differently coloured twins.

Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by sparta(f): 10:15am On Jul 09, 2009
Check this out!

WONDERS WILL NEVER END AND GOD IS STILL THE AUTHOR OF WONDERS!!!

Pictured: Proud parents show off their million-to-one black and white twins

Welcoming new twins into the world is always a momentous event.
But when brothers Ryan and Leo arrived they had an extra surprise for their parents - they were born with different coloured skin.
For one twin to be black and one to be white is so rare that it is thought by medical experts to be a one in a million occurrence.

Proud parents: Florence Addo-Gerth and Stephan Gerth with their newborn twins Ryan (right) and Leo (left)
Proud parents Florence Addo-Gerth and Stephan Gerth are over-joyed by the new additions to their family, which includes 18-year-old brother Randy.
Mother Florence, 35, hails from Ghana , west Africa while father Stephan is German.  
Stephan, 40, said that although the couple were surprised by the children's different colourings the most important  thing was that the babies were healthy.

Big yawn: Ryan (left) and Leo enjoy a nap, oblivious to the sensation their births have caused
The infants caused a sensation at the Sana Hospital in Lichtenberg , Germany , where they were born on Friday last week, with guests crowding around to greet the new arrivals.
And it is not only their skin colours that are different - the twins are already revealing opposing personalities.
Light-skinned Ryan is described as a 'spirited' baby, while laidback brother Leo is a lot calmer.
Senior doctor Birgit Weber, who helped deliver the tots by ceasarean section, said that in 20 years of practice this was the first time she had seen differently coloured twins.

Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by Natasha2(f): 1:16am On Jan 31, 2011
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss all of them are sooo cute especially the black ones kiss kiss
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by nuella2(f): 3:37pm On Jan 31, 2011
God is great.
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by semid4lyfe(m): 4:19pm On Jan 31, 2011
No be na wa, na real wa.

I'd surely love to read updates of these black and white twin births
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 31, 2011
wow
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by Chingwa: 5:01pm On Jan 31, 2011
. Mixed race people like the man and woman here (with girl twins) thats normal to have pure white and mixed race. That baby is not black but mixed race. One mixed race plus pure white partner can get mixed race plus white, that too is nothing special.

The black woman plus white man giving birth to a pure black baby and white baby ( i think it will go darker, my daughter was lighter than that baby and she went mixed race by 5 months), that is unusual.

What happened to that ghanian couple with the white baby, now thats unique. What can we say, after all the black race, is the most unique race of all plus we birthed all beings. grin grin
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by Nelson6(m): 11:42am On Feb 01, 2011
so beaurifull one for the dad and one for the mom
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by Busybody2(f): 9:37pm On Feb 01, 2011
Awww, i woff babies, i want 'em all
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by Outstrip(f): 12:18am On Feb 02, 2011
really busybody? I am thinking of trying again for a girl. Can you come pick her up at the hospital when she is born. I will come and get her after she starts sleeping through the night. Thanks in advance
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by Knight1(m): 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2011
the black ones are finer sha grin
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:55pm On Feb 03, 2011
nothing is suprising when parents are black and white

it only confuses when parents are of the same colour, it then needs family history i.e if down the line one has a white/black blood relative
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by deniyor: 9:13pm On Feb 03, 2011
^^^ Resurrecting old threads I see.
If a black woman gives me white kids, I aint listening to no DNA reports!
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by plappville(f): 10:34pm On Feb 03, 2011
Beautiful kids, The color is nothing as long as both parents are colored.

The Ghananian woman had a pure black baby this is wondeful!!!
The other baby is mix, which is nomal.
The first photo also can be nomal, mother is a mix and father White there are chances to ve mix and White babies.
But is so wonderful in all ways.
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by Busybody2(f): 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2011
Outstrip:

really busybody? I am thinking of trying again for a girl. Can you come pick her up at the hospital when she is born. I will come and get her after she starts sleeping through the night. Thanks in advance

Awww, a cute adorable baby girl with ruddy cheeks and cute as a button nose to cuddle and squeeze, awww, sure, why not, just tell me when you want her back, and I will hand her back with no fuss at all, it is that simple tongue

Me that I gave myself a mental snip and also mentally tied my tube forever the day i wistfully told my dearest Hubby how I longed for a baby girl, and his response quickly brought me down to planet earth with a massive bump angry His response - OLE, HAVE YOU FINISHED LOOKING AFTER THE TWO BOYS YOU HAVE YET shocked

All I could think of in response was the always hungry gurgling baby in my hand, the whole 9 months, how i nearly passed out in labor to the other side due to his big head, the epidural and the fact that I could barely walk properly for the past 6 months, my always sore and red raw n'i'p'p'l'e's, the bottles waiting to be washed and sterilised, wondering if i would ever ever get a decent sleep in life again, the laundry to be done, the ones waiting to be ironed and folded and put in their respective places, the whole house i have to turn upside down looking for the odd pair or socks, the school bag, tomorrow's breakfast, the whole house that needed tidying up that currently looked like a bombsite, etcetera, etcetera, and etcetera, and all I could muster was a "huh" and a "gulp" and a "no thanks i don't want anymore"  in response embarassed cheesy

So bring the baby girl, but be prepared to chase me all the way to the moon to get her back  cos i would not give her up without a fight tongue cheesy
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 08, 2011
Outstrip:

Lol I was going to ask you on NLD if you are going to try for a girl but thought it was too personal. cheesy cheesy cheesy

@BB
Two boys? I though you had over 30? shocked shocked
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by Busybody2(f): 12:46am On Feb 09, 2011
^^^

angry angry angry Sharrap dia, i am not an illiterate and i know about family planning angry I only had 28 pickin not 30, gaddammit angry angry angry tongue
Re: Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins by Nekai(f): 12:14am On Mar 20, 2011
Update pic of the twins in the first post:

They are so cute! kiss kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

"My Husband Sleeps With My 16-Year-Old Sister, Impregnated Her & Aborted": Woman / Couple Weds Holding Guns & Kissing (Photo) / Is It Okay To Give Babies All These Peak, Nido, Dano Kind Of Milk From 9months?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.