Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Is It Okay To Give Babies All These Peak, Nido, Dano Kind Of Milk From 9months? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Okay To Give Babies All These Peak, Nido, Dano Kind Of Milk From 9months? (76798 Views)

Is It Okay For A Man To Cry In Front Of His Woman? / Is It Ever Okay To Make Little Babies Up ( Photos ) / How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay To Give Babies All These Peak, Nido, Dano Kind Of Milk From 9months? by sonitadion(f): 12:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
I'm wondering, as infant formula milk just expensive anyhow, isnt it okay to feed the baby with peak milk? I tried feeding my 9month old with loya milk in custard the other day, I was expecting some kinda reaction but she was very cool with it. I think it's more economical. 1kg sma follow on= N3500 and it would last for like 2wks, ie, 7k a month.... Peak same size, 1700 ... What do u guys think?
Re: Is It Okay To Give Babies All These Peak, Nido, Dano Kind Of Milk From 9months? by maclatunji: 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2013
Add breast milk to the mix and I think you are okay.
Re: Is It Okay To Give Babies All These Peak, Nido, Dano Kind Of Milk From 9months? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 25, 2013
Ideally from one year,they can tolerate adult type milk.
I have a child that didn't like baby formula and I started giving him regular milk from 9 months
Not a big deal
Re: Is It Okay To Give Babies All These Peak, Nido, Dano Kind Of Milk From 9months? by psucc(m): 12:52pm On Sep 25, 2013
At a very moderate level, or else they outgrow their age and early physiological develop.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Give Babies All These Peak, Nido, Dano Kind Of Milk From 9months? by kashamyanat: 1:27pm On Oct 07, 2015
My dear, as long as the baby is eating well and there is no negetive
Re: Is It Okay To Give Babies All These Peak, Nido, Dano Kind Of Milk From 9months? by kashamyanat: 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
My dear, as long as the baby is eating well and there is no negetive effect on the child that is o.k
Re: Is It Okay To Give Babies All These Peak, Nido, Dano Kind Of Milk From 9months? by Remilekun101: 2:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
[size=24pt]If I at this stage could still be drinking SMA GOLD... Then there is nothing wrong[/size]
Re: Is It Okay To Give Babies All These Peak, Nido, Dano Kind Of Milk From 9months? by tpiander: 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
sonitadion:
I'm wondering, as infant formula milk just expensive anyhow, isnt it okay to feed the baby with peak milk? I tried feeding my 9month old with loya milk in custard the other day, I was expecting some kinda reaction but she was very cool with it. I think it's more economical. 1kg sma follow on= N3500 and it would last for like 2wks, ie, 7k a month.... Peak same size, 1700 ... What do u guys think?

are you asking on behalf of all babies as your thread title says, or for your own baby as your post seems to imply?

What do u guys think?

I do not know what works for your baby.

Talk to a health professional or observe the baby for her reaction to the milk.
Re: Is It Okay To Give Babies All These Peak, Nido, Dano Kind Of Milk From 9months? by GodnGold: 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2015
Your reason for administering the milk is not good enough. MY boy (eldorin) is 1k.Isomil should be in that neighbourhood.
Re: Is It Okay To Give Babies All These Peak, Nido, Dano Kind Of Milk From 9months? by theGuest: 9:11am On Jun 08, 2016
Protein in milk are of two types; Whey and Casein.

Breastmilk has 70% Whey, 30% Casein. Cowmilk (the precursor for all manufactured milk) has 80% Casein 20% Whey Protein.

All infant formula have been modified to have the same Whey casein ratio has breastmilk, other milks retain the default ratio of 80% Casein, 20% Whey.

The digestive system of babies is not matured until the baby is about 2 years of age.

Hence, if you give your baby adult milk before two years, you might be overloading the kidney of the baby. Your baby of 1 year to 2 years wont react to adult milk because their digestive system is maturing but try giving a six months old baby (I mean dont try) and you will see the reactions.

Besides all these, your baby need special nutrients, like Probiotics and some fancy fats. They can only get these from breastmilk or premium infant formula that have them. If you give them adult milk, they will be missing alot.

That said, my sincere advice is to see a peadiatric nurse or peadiatrician to advice you on what to give your precious bundle of joy. Just any doctor or nurse might not even know better.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay To Give Babies All These Peak, Nido, Dano Kind Of Milk From 9months? by njiasi30(f): 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2016
My dear, u can still go 4 my boy infant baby milk. It's 1k instead of adult milk and It will last u 4 2weeks. At least wait till ur baby is one yr. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Give Babies All These Peak, Nido, Dano Kind Of Milk From 9months? by aleenhimam: 8:35am On Oct 13, 2017
Nido Fortified [url]https://www.nidolove.com/en/ [/url] is preferred for children of age 12 months and more. Mothers milk is recommended for children below the age 1. Giving formulas in the early stages will create digestion problem in babies.
Re: Is It Okay To Give Babies All These Peak, Nido, Dano Kind Of Milk From 9months? by Lamanii22(f): 7:36am On Apr 15
sonitadion:

Lol the prices are doubled now, lactogen is almost 6k, my baby is almost 11 months I'm thinking of switching to normal cow's milk

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Just Told Me She Has A Boyfriend And That There Is Nothing ℓ̊ Will Do / Lessons From My Marriage / Woman Married To Dead Man For 5 Years - The Sun (Photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.