Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,290 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Do You Pray For Your Sport Team? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Pray For Your Sport Team? (644 Views)

What Kind Of Things Do You Pray About? / When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? / How Long You Pray - Does It Really Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Pray For Your Sport Team? by WildOne(f): 3:27pm On Jun 20, 2009
Hey y'all,

I find it laughable when folks get serious with praying for their beloved teams to defeat the other team in a sporting contest. I mean, it's the same God that created the other team members, right? And they, ostensibly, pray for victory too.

It's more amusing when prayers are actually called for from the authorities and even pastors/imans who should know better. Personally, I think it's silly to "disturb" God over such mundane/frivolous issues when, for instance, people are starving to death in some parts of the globe. I also believe God could not care less about our unimportant past-times. I believe the best team wins, factor in a little bit of "luck/freak of nature".

Whaddaya think? And no name calling pls.
Re: Do You Pray For Your Sport Team? by Eeyore(m): 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2009
Pray for Super Eagles? Na na na, I've got more important things to pray about. I only wish them well.

(1) (Reply)

Too Much Prayer / Re: The Questions Nobody Wants To Answer In Christianity / A Place For Eckists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.