Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Negative Observations On The New Lagos Blue BRT Buses... - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Negative Observations On The New Lagos Blue BRT Buses... (1737 Views)

Will Ambode’s 5000 New BRT Buses Solve The Lagos Traffic Challenge? (see PHOTOS) / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / Lagos Blue Line Rail 95 % Completed, Says Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Negative Observations On The New Lagos Blue BRT Buses... by ikorodureporta: 10:35pm On Jan 14, 2016
Since the blue BRT buses were launched by the Lagos state government, it seems they hav devised several means to frustrate the people of Ikorodu so as to patronise their buses...

...Since they opened the BRT lanes frm mile12 to ikorodu, they'v barred the Red BRT buses from using it. Getting to mile12, down to tbs, they'v also restricted d former blue buses...

Now, they are carrying out a repaving @ mile12. Instead of them to bring in ready-made paves and install there due to the volume of traffic around there, they brought in the cement mixer truck & barricaded the road that isnt wide enuf... Imagine, boarding red BRT frm Igbogbo it takes more than four hours to get to Ikeja. As if itz not enuf, they now altered the traffic light @ ogolonto, making the traffic every evening to extend beyond NNPC & SO filling stations - sometin we neva saw since the road was upgraded. Must we all patronise your buses?
The buses u provided is like 1/10th of what we need....

Whosoeva is responsible for this sh*t is CURSED!
sad sad sad
Re: Negative Observations On The New Lagos Blue BRT Buses... by DATMAT(m): 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
I got trapped in this terrible traffic last Saturday it was hell, I taught of relocating to ikorodu but wit that mad
traffic hell no, the Government is very wicked with this convent construction, I taught they said they hav expanded the road ni
Re: Negative Observations On The New Lagos Blue BRT Buses... by DATMAT(m): 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
I got trapped in this terrible traffic last Saturday it was hell, I taught of relocating to ikorodu but wit that mad
traffic hell no, the Government is very wicked with this convent construction, I taught they said they hav expanded the road ni I spent 6 hours to ketu
Re: Negative Observations On The New Lagos Blue BRT Buses... by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 15, 2016
Really, but where is lalasticlala sef.Maybe his action can help move the cement mixer away from the way.
Re: Negative Observations On The New Lagos Blue BRT Buses... by inception101(m): 10:44am On Jan 17, 2016
Re: Negative Observations On The New Lagos Blue BRT Buses... by ikorodureporta: 2:07pm On Jan 19, 2016

Re: Negative Observations On The New Lagos Blue BRT Buses... by ikorodureporta: 2:10pm On Jan 19, 2016

Re: Negative Observations On The New Lagos Blue BRT Buses... by diportivo: 9:02am On Jan 21, 2016
Firstly,how can the red buses be called BRT?do u even know what the acronym BRT stands for?

Secondly there isnt any restrictions on the first set of blue buses.....the franchise agreement has been cancelled

Thirdly,there's nothing wrong with the casting being done at mile12.....even if pre casted ones were brought,aligning them wld still cause traffic,albeit for a shorter time...but the benefits of casting it there and then far outweighs the latter....eg,what if a truck hits it and den flings it on the main road?how do u start removing it?bearing it in mind that the one that used to be at the foot of that brigde inwards mile12 just at that point whr traffic from under bridge merges with the express lane was in an awkward position for years and nobody did anything about it?

The govt should even take it a step further by closing that point whr traffic merges...so dat ppl dat turn from under d bridge will go all d way to kosofe before joining the express

Lastly,when ccecc started the construction of this road,we spent more hours in traffic than now sef....now the road is smooth (altho the design is senseless) and it is good for coasting....this too shall pass...i also believe that it will check the action of market women and danfo buses in mile12

I dont think anybody is out to frustrate the other......i would channel my grievances into why our inner roads in ikorodu is nothing to write home about
Re: Negative Observations On The New Lagos Blue BRT Buses... by ikorodureporta: 2:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
diportivo:
Firstly,how can the red buses be called BRT?do u even know what the acronym BRT stands for?

Secondly there isnt any restrictions on the first set of blue buses.....the franchise agreement has been cancelled

Thirdly,there's nothing wrong with the casting being done at mile12.....even if pre casted ones were brought,aligning them wld still cause traffic,albeit for a shorter time...but the benefits of casting it there and then far outweighs the latter....eg,what if a truck hits it and den flings it on the main road?how do u start removing it?bearing it in mind that the one that used to be at the foot of that brigde inwards mile12 just at that point whr traffic from under bridge merges with the express lane was in an awkward position for years and nobody did anything about it?

The govt should even take it a step further by closing that point whr traffic merges...so dat ppl dat turn from under d bridge will go all d way to kosofe before joining the express

Lastly,when ccecc started the construction of this road,we spent more hours in traffic than now sef....now the road is smooth (altho the design is senseless) and it is good for coasting....this too shall pass...i also believe that it will check the action of market women and danfo buses in mile12

I dont think anybody is out to frustrate the other......i would channel my grievances into why our inner roads in ikorodu is nothing to write home about

..whts BRT? Do u know tht the red buses are allowed into the BRT lanes frm mile12 to Fadeyi route? Why then d restrictn down to ikorodu garage?

..for d blue buses, why were they nt barred b4 the Launching of the new Buses? It seems u dnt even understand whts going on.

Those road dividers could be done & fixed on those spots without causing any chaos along tht road. As narrow as the road is, 2 sand-mixers're being used. How can some1 be spending 5-6hrs along a stretch of road? Its pure wickedness. This method wil take more than a month, for wht could b done within a week......Mayb yr job no dey consider lateness sha....
Re: Negative Observations On The New Lagos Blue BRT Buses... by diportivo: 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2016
ikorodureporta:

..whts BRT? Do u know tht the red buses are allowed into the BRT lanes frm mile12 to Fadeyi route? Why then d restrictn down to ikorodu garage?

..for d blue buses, why were they nt barred b4 the Launching of the new Buses? It seems u dnt even understand whts going on.

Those road dividers could be done & fixed on those spots without causing any chaos along tht road. As narrow as the road is, 2 sand-mixers're being used. How can some1 be spending 5-6hrs along a stretch of road? Its pure wickedness. This method wil take more than a month, for wht could b done within a week......Mayb yr job no dey consider lateness sha....

The red buses are not BRT...

Why the govt decided to cancel wateva agreement it had with the operators of the first sef of brt buses at this tym is best explained by them

I had read that they had been given the notice since September....apparently their day of reckoning came late

All the analysis of plying one route or the other is not lost on me....while i know all that,i for one will not want the K0,K1,SE,W and A red buses to ply that brt lane....reasons?lack of manners from drivers and ticketers,reckless driving by drivers,which ofcos includes stopping indiscriminately and gross overspeeding.it isnt different from the old tata (ise oluwa) buses and the likes....and yes,i had anticipated that the red buses will use d lane also....but anytime i board any of dem,i see reasons why they are not ripe for such

As for the mile12 construction,im sure the reasons for doing it this way has to be solid...i wish i av d info but i dont......i am also an advocate of sacrifices before enjoyment......and dats why i leave home 4:45 every morning for now

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hello Nairalanders Please How Much Is Bus Fare From Benin To Enugu / Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants / Behold This Shocking Aerial View Of A 50 Lane Traffic Jam In China (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.