Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,779 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

I'm Sooo Tired, Please Help Me. Car Overheating With Ac - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I'm Sooo Tired, Please Help Me. Car Overheating With Ac (1124 Views)

You Should Never Remove Your Car Thermostat To Avoid Overheating. / Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions / First Fully Covered Bike With AC Made In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Sooo Tired, Please Help Me. Car Overheating With Ac by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 11:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
Please, I'm begging u guys, can anyone help me?

Spent so much money already
Re: I'm Sooo Tired, Please Help Me. Car Overheating With Ac by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 12:06am On Jan 15, 2016
Don't even know where to start from.

My condenser is like super hot, like, u can hardly touch it.

I thought, well since its a heat transfer unit, that was normal. Not until I checked all the cars from my family, friends and so on and their condenser are all warm. You can actually leave ur hand on them indefinitely without getting burned.

Also heard the mech put a Peugeot compressor in my avensis, like da fvck

I really believe this is an ac related issue, cause by the time that air gets to the radiator, it's already super dupa hot.

I do have a tiny leak at the thermostat housing, but it doesn't even cause significant coolant loss in a month. If I ran straight water, then yeah, but not coolant. I don't top off often and when I do, it's just a tiny bit. So makes me think it's not the leak.

Without the ac, I can also drive indefinitely, with high revs, and speed ranges between 120-150 kmph.

What could be wrong

Please help, someone
Re: I'm Sooo Tired, Please Help Me. Car Overheating With Ac by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 7:22am On Jan 15, 2016
anyone
Re: I'm Sooo Tired, Please Help Me. Car Overheating With Ac by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 7:25am On Jan 15, 2016
Siena can u help?
Re: I'm Sooo Tired, Please Help Me. Car Overheating With Ac by tolugar: 8:16am On Jan 15, 2016
Find a good electrician to work on the AC fan and radiator fan. Also check if your radiator needs flushing or changing.
Re: I'm Sooo Tired, Please Help Me. Car Overheating With Ac by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 8:41am On Jan 15, 2016
tolugar:
Find a good electrician to work on the AC fan and radiator fan. Also check if your radiator needs flushing or changing.

My model only comes with a single fan, I even installed an additional fan on the condenser and the problem still persists.

Can I ask u, have u ever seen a condenser get so hot that you can't leave ur hand on it ?

Is that a normal operating condition? cause I've felt the condensers on like 10 cars now and I could leave my hand on them forever. So in essence they're warm but not scolding hot.

If my condenser is that hot, then what chance does my radiator have to drop all that heat coming from it, plus engine cooling, plus oil cooling ?

Or do you thing the rad should be able to handle a condenser that is too hot to touch?

They are already saying I should change the gasket, but if it's the gasket, won't the car overheat even without the ac?

I ran a test yesterday after bleeding some gas from the ac system and I ran it on idle with the ac on and it started to climb above the middle temp mark in 1 hour and 55 mins.
Re: I'm Sooo Tired, Please Help Me. Car Overheating With Ac by honmusa(m): 9:49am On Jan 15, 2016
what is ur car model ,
Re: I'm Sooo Tired, Please Help Me. Car Overheating With Ac by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:17am On Jan 15, 2016
OP your car a.c system is blocked, it could be from expansion valve or pipes or from the dryer your compressor is working overtime, when you fined and fix blockage condenser will run warm.

P.s you might have too much gas in the system too.
Re: I'm Sooo Tired, Please Help Me. Car Overheating With Ac by Chukslar: 11:59pm On Jan 15, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:
Please, I'm begging u guys, can anyone help me?

Spent so much money already

Pls go through this FB page and get your solution, stop the guesswork and well meaning but speculative suggestions

https://web.facebook.com/J-316-Auto-Scanner-182541062090916/

and
https://www.nairaland.com/2864851/how-successfully-diagnosed-2014-ferrari#41969822

Or Call me on 08108179780
Re: I'm Sooo Tired, Please Help Me. Car Overheating With Ac by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 1:31am On Jan 17, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
OP your car a.c system is blocked, it could be from expansion valve or pipes or from the dryer your compressor is working overtime, when you fined and fix blockage condenser will run warm.

P.s you might have too much gas in the system too.

Thanks for your response, I'm also doing research into this expansion valve, as the ac tech here says i might need to change it. however, we all know how these techs are, just want you to change everything with them, more money for them yeah!

Anyways, I just noticed something, most of the fins on my radiator are either bent or missing. I have a gut feeling that a new radiator, not second hand, might be just what I need.

Guys at total say that a new double cell radiator is N35,000 and guys at toyota elizade say a single cell oem radiator is around N90,000.

Funny thing is, the guys at total say that the cheaper double cell aftermarket radiator, is better than the more expensive single cell oem radiator from elizade.

How can this be possible?
Re: I'm Sooo Tired, Please Help Me. Car Overheating With Ac by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:38am On Jan 17, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

Thanks for your response, I'm also doing research into this expansion valve, as the ac tech here says i might need to change it. however, we all know how these techs are, just want you to change everything with them, more money for them yeah!

Anyways, I just noticed something, most of the fins on my radiator are either bent or missing. I have a gut feeling that a new radiator, not second hand, might be just what I need.

Guys at total say that a new double cell radiator is N35,000 and guys at toyota elizade say a single cell oem radiator is around N90,000.

Funny thing is, the guys at total say that the cheaper double cell aftermarket radiator, is better than the more expensive single cell oem radiator from elizade.

How can this be possible?

vehicle model? Cause the guys at ladipo might be selling a double cell at 15k

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Highlander 2004 Model For Sale. / Cost Of Windscreen / We Buy Used And Faulty Mercedes Benz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.