Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,112 members, 7,852,765 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:45 AM

Goodluck Jonathan:"I Will Continue To Work For Advancement Of Democracy & Peace" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan:"I Will Continue To Work For Advancement Of Democracy & Peace" (467 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan : I Am Under Pressure To Contest For Presidency In 2019 / Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet / Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan:"I Will Continue To Work For Advancement Of Democracy & Peace" by IlajeGal1: 12:19am On Jan 15, 2016
By JUMI RHODES

Former president Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has said he would continue to work for the "advancement of democracy, peace and progress in Nigeria and Africa". Jonathan made this disclosure while thanking the Southern Christian Leadership Conference on the President's award given him in recognition of his leadership in human rights, social justice and the universal fight for freedom. In his words, Jonathan said, " I thank Dr. Charles Steele Jr, President of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, and the executive of the SCLC for honoring me today. It was also a pleasure to meet Naomi King, the sister of the late American Civil Rights leader and founder of the SCLC, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, who was kind enough to attend the event and identify with the goals and aspirations of the Goodluck Jonathan Foundation. By this award, I am further inspired to continue to work for the advancement of democracy, peace and progress in Nigeria and Africa." The Southern Christian Leadership Conference, founded in 1957, is an African-American civil rights organization. SCLC, which is closely associated with its first president, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., had a large role in the American Civil Rights Movement.

http://dawntodusknews.com/goodluck-jonathan-i-will-continue-to-work-for-advancement-of-democracy-peace/

Re: Goodluck Jonathan:"I Will Continue To Work For Advancement Of Democracy & Peace" by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 15, 2016
Man of the world
Re: Goodluck Jonathan:"I Will Continue To Work For Advancement Of Democracy & Peace" by talktonase(m): 12:26am On Jan 15, 2016
Shey efcc done send you invite?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan:"I Will Continue To Work For Advancement Of Democracy & Peace" by Parcks(m): 12:48am On Jan 15, 2016
Mr Ex-president, congrats on ur award, but the house u left behind is literally on fire...
Re: Goodluck Jonathan:"I Will Continue To Work For Advancement Of Democracy & Peace" by nnachukz(m): 2:39am On Jan 15, 2016
Haters will keep ranting and hating out of frustration. They have become as confused as their president who has even started stealing paper where money is written in trillions, who knows what he will do when he sees the real cash.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan:"I Will Continue To Work For Advancement Of Democracy & Peace" by orisa37: 8:13am On Jan 15, 2016
Good. That is right. We pray that Biafran spirit shall not kill it IJN AMEN..

(1) (Reply)

Advice To President Buhari / Jonathan Ran CBN Like Idi-amin -soludo / BREAKING: Federal High Court Judge Orders Nnamdi Kanu To Be Remanded In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.