Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 (34378 Views)

Capital Release For Budget 2016 Begins Today / BREAKING: Senate In An Emergency Meeting, As ‘new’ Budget Emerges (see The List / Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by lailo: 11:39am On Jan 15, 2016
Believe all theses nonsense at ur own peril
Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by dustydee: 11:40am On Jan 15, 2016
Since the bill is a proposal, these changes could have been made during the debate/consideration by the national assembly or through a supplementary budget. I think those that spearheaded this did it after the presidential media chat to cover their tracks about the outrageous sums they included for vehicles and other items knowing the president will have none of it.
But I blame the president for not reviewing the state house budget before presenting it. He probably trusted his foot soldiers too much.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by DonCortino: 11:40am On Jan 15, 2016
omenka:
If the wailers above aren't so intellectually lazy, they would simply have added all the reductions made and added all the additions made and compared both figures to see if there's been a net increase in the overall budgetary sum. But of course they can't- they are called Wailers for a reason.
**** u will see that the over all budget has been increased by 3.9 billion naira.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by Tundeiab(m): 11:40am On Jan 15, 2016
omenka:
If the wailers above aren't so intellectually lazy, they would simply have added all the reductions made and added all the additions made and compared both figures to see if there's been a net increase in the overall budgetary sum. But of course they can't- they are called Wailers for a reason.
Let's assume all what you pointed out are correct, is it proper for the presidency to "steal" the budget just because they want to make adjustment.

2 Likes

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by CharlyNick: 11:40am On Jan 15, 2016
MadCow1:
Where them

The difference is very clear
Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by onatisi(m): 11:41am On Jan 15, 2016
With buhari as president ,suffice to say the future looks very bleak for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by frisky2good(m): 11:41am On Jan 15, 2016
Ridiculous government.

2 Likes

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by ify84(m): 11:41am On Jan 15, 2016
One way or the other, they have maintained the BMW money for chops.. .. One chance Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by marvelyole(m): 11:42am On Jan 15, 2016
Na Wa ooo Nigeria I dy hail o

1 Like

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by gbassa: 11:42am On Jan 15, 2016
This is not National Shame as Buhari accused of GED; but his own is INTERNATIONAL SHAME.
INTERNATIONAL SHAME
INTERNATIONAL SHAME
INTERNATIONAL SHAME TO BUHARI.

Bevista:
What is embarrassing about the current budget debacle is the clandestine manner the Presidency went about it. What is even more worrisome is that they do not consider it morally expedient to own up to this national disgrace and explain to Nigerians why they did what they did - even if it is Damage Control.
---
The National Assembly should be courageous enough to say it the way it is. The Presidency is a complete joke and the NASS should call them out. If their intentions were pure, are there no official channels to withdraw and correct the budget? Couldn't they just claim that they wanted to adjust the budget based on current realities of oil price? Our leaders are so dumb and brazen in their dumbness, that they think the whole citizenry is dumb too.
---
Did I just notice a fresh budget of over N700m for website upgrade for Ministry of Solid Minerals? That had better be a clerical error, else that would be the joke of the century.
---
I don't care how genuine or patriotic their reasons are, using a fraudulent method to do the right is wrong. It will serve as a precedence and reinforce the cycle of fraud. This is a democracy and democratic channels must be engaged in doing the right thing.

3 Likes

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by frisky2good(m): 11:43am On Jan 15, 2016
If the intention is genuine, why steal the original budget and replace it with an adulterated copy?

omenka:

2 Likes

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by tete7000(m): 11:43am On Jan 15, 2016
jamace:
I pity PMB because don't surrounding him are not better than those who surrounded GEJ.

PMB should sack those saboteurs in his cabinet.

Oga park well joor. Is Buhari himself better? Have not heard that birds of the same feather flock together? Why do you think buhari is a deity? Because you were sold lies and deception? You have indeed really been scammed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by hurricaneChris: 11:44am On Jan 15, 2016
wow! Recurrent expenditures versus Capital expenditure shocked shocked shocked shocked

*faints* grin grin grin grin
Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by lexxyrule(m): 11:46am On Jan 15, 2016
No quotes, no comments. Just hillarious

Somedays, the citizens - especially the Nigerian youths- will be forced to take laws into their hands

So silly a budget
Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by Happiness87(f): 11:50am On Jan 15, 2016
Tonyebarcanista is the budget still with the photocopying centre, hahaha

1 Like

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by Holyman3(m): 11:50am On Jan 15, 2016
omenka:

Let's get something straight here Mr. Intellectual.

The budget was stolen from NASS in the middle of the night.
Then adjustments were made based on critism from the masses.

Office of the security to the President increased by 25 million.
Other offices increased by millions too.

FME website increased by over 250 million naira.
Solid Minerals website was added to the tune of over 790 million.

Then the ones we criticized earlier reduced as well.

The total budget was increased by billions of Naira.

What is intellectual about all that?

It's a shame you hide behind Igbo name to talk all this rubbish.
It seems the Aisha Rice had some alcohol elements in it.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by coolzeal(m): 11:50am On Jan 15, 2016
How can FG expected to earn N3.8tn for the year 2016 and schedule to budget N6.08tn? Nigeria is running a deficit of N2.22tn and we are yet to diversify our economy to the clashing oil price. They have mortgage the future of Nigeria.
I smell a revolution happening soon...

1 Like

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 15, 2016
Its well with Nigeria!!!!!!
Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by Omeny: 11:52am On Jan 15, 2016
omenka:

Just hear urself talk. You that is intellectually smart! You guys will always find something to say! Not surprise though! Na una way be that!

What majority of the people are saying is why pass through the back-door to do this shameful thing?

I didn't believe it b4 because I couldn't imagine a National Budget being missing and here u are Mr Calculator saying trash!

If it was well intended and for National Interest why stealing the budget from the Senate and go make hundreds of photocopies and some deductions and Increases in some already allocated allocations?
After time was taken to come out with the budget that was first submitted, So what are u Mr Sensible taking about?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by jamace(m): 11:53am On Jan 15, 2016
tete7000:

Oga park well joor. Is Buhari himself better? Have not heard that birds of the same feather flock together? Why do you think buhari is a deity? Because you were sold lies and deception? You have indeed really been scammed.
I believe PMB is better.
Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by 9jatatafo(m): 11:55am On Jan 15, 2016
Who performed the operation on the budget and for what reason?

1 Like

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by jayloms: 11:56am On Jan 15, 2016
Wow! So much masturbation going on here. The budget is not entirely explanatory on its own. Clarifications may have to be made by the different ministries for us to get a clearer picture.

I can bet somebody is going through the ministry of transport's budget, to point out a supposed FAULT/FOUL PLAY
Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by omenka(m): 11:57am On Jan 15, 2016
kachnov:

Why are you calling a mod to ban him??when you were busy abusing GEJ did you receive any ban?

This is exactly how your party behaves at the national level..oppressive tendencies. SmH
Is Jonathan a nairaland member Have I ever called on the mods over someone insulting Buhari??

The rules of the forum are there for you to read. If you lack comprehension or have difficulty reading, that is none of my business.
Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by kachnov(m): 12:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
omenka:
Is Jonathan a nairaland member Have I ever called on the mods over someone insulting Buhari??

The rules of the forum are there for you to read. If you lack comprehension or have difficulty reading, that is none of my business.

I have no issues with you,just advocating free speech.Grow a thick skin and don't be a sissy.
Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by BUAR(m): 12:02pm On Jan 15, 2016
kolawaxxy:
Good. God bless PMB.

If you have anything against this, ...the lagoon is always open and accomodating undecided
where there no lagoons wen. GEJ was in power ?why didn't u make use of one?slowpoke, ur man made epic error n no remorseful response but babaric replies.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by omenka(m): 12:03pm On Jan 15, 2016
kachnov:

I have no issues with you,just advocating free speech.Grow a thick skin and don't be a sissy.
I'm only advocating that people RESPECT LAID DOWN RULES, the same way most of you insist Buhari RESPECT THE RULE OF LAW.

#Grow a brain and don't be a die hard ignoramus.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by kachnov(m): 12:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
omenka:
I'm only advocating that people RESPECT LAID DOWN RULES, the same way most of you insist Buhari RESPECT THE RULE OF LAW.

#Grow a brain and don't be a die hard ignoramus.

Ok...Wise man.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by seedsower(m): 12:07pm On Jan 15, 2016
p

1 Like

Re: Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 by AmazonKindle: 12:10pm On Jan 15, 2016
omenka:
even if there is no change in net figure it is stupid,malicious and unjustified for presidency to do such a thing.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Loses Son In London? Daily Independent / Abia Government House Still In ‘Rented’ Quarters - 32 Years After / Bomb Explosion At Sabon Gari & Wusasa, Zaria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.