Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

2016/2017 Jamb Biology - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2016/2017 Jamb Biology (12592 Views)

7am Paper 10/3/2018 Jamb Biology Leaked Questions / UTME 2017: JAMB Clarifies Position, Says Awaiting Results Candidates Can Apply / 2017 JAMB Mock Examination Date & Registration Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016/2017 Jamb Biology by HOLRANGE(m): 10:31am On Jan 15, 2016
I am opening this thread for those who are interested only... It would be more like a discussion group though I will be updating the group following jamb syllabus (in sha Allah) hoping to see people soon

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by vickiej(m): 10:35am On Jan 15, 2016
I Am with u bro

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by HOLRANGE(m): 10:48am On Jan 15, 2016
1. Living organism
Characteristics of living things includes
MOVEMENT: living organisms moves from one place to another for search of food and shelter, most organisms has developed structure for movement :cilia flagella leg feather etc
REPRODUCTION: living organism has d ability to reproduce - bringing forth young ones- unicellular organisms reproduce mostly by mitotic division while multicellular organism possesses organ for such
NUTRITION: Nutrition is a process by which living organism obtain and utilize materials from external environment 4 metabolic activities -
IRRITABILITY: living organisms have d ability to respond to stimuli.. Which enables them to run away at the sight of danger
GROWTH : living organism has d ability to grow, unicellular organisms grow with increase in cytoplasmic content while multicellular organism grow with increase in cell achieved through mitosis
EXCRETION : Excretion is the removal of the metabolic waste material from the body of organism
RESPIRATION: living organisms has the ability to respire
DEATH: all living organism dies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by HOLRANGE(m): 10:58am On Jan 15, 2016
Visit my blog for daily updates on past questions and answers plus biology briefs EDUARENA http://revarena..com
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 2:07pm On Jan 15, 2016
following
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by HOLRANGE(m): 2:12pm On Jan 15, 2016
1.Viruses are considered to be living organisms because  theyA.  possess transmittable  charactersB.  move from      one place to another    C. respond to stimulationD.  ingest food materials (A)
2.Which of the following  characteristics is common to amoeba  and Paramecium?A. Oral groove B. Trichoyst   C. Contractile vacuoleD. Cilia  (C)
3.Hydra  removes undigested food byA.  passing it through the anus   B. passing it through       the mouth    C. means of  a contractile vacuoleD.  egesting it through  the body surface. (B)
4.Which of the following groups of invertebrates reproduces by budding A. ArthropodaB. Annelida     C. MolluscaD.  Coelenterata.  (D)
5.The algae, bryophytes and pteriodophytes aresimilar in that theyA.  are sea weeds B. have no vascular  tissuesC. require moisture for fertilizationD. are microscopic  plants. (B)
6.The spores of ferns are dispersed  byA. wind
  B. water    C. insects   D. explosive mechanism (D) .
7. In  bryophytes,  sex  organs  are  produced  in  the A. gametophyte B.  rhizoid  C. protonema D.  sporophyte (A)
8. Which of  the following    animals  has homodont dentition? A. Rat  B. Man     C. Lizard             D. Pigeon. (C)
9. In  which  of the following  does  external  fertilization take  place? A. Toad    B. Lizard C. Bird        D. Cockroach. (A)
10. In  the  tapeworm,  the  suckers  on  the  scolex  are used  for A. sucking the blood of the hostB. holding fast  to  the  host      C.  reproduction        D.  locomotion (B)
11. A feature    which  adapts  birds    to  flight  is  the possession  of A.  scally  legs  B.  light  bones  C.  two  walking legs D.  a.pointed beak. (B)
12. The nephridia in the earthworm  form   part  of the A.  reproductive  system  B.  respiratory  system. C circulatory  system  D.  excretory  system.  (D)
13.Which   of  the following    diseases  is  rarely  spread by  a  housefly? A. Yellow  fever   B.  Dysentery      C. Typhoid   fever D. Poliomyelitis (A)
14. Which of  the following cells  is  thin-walled  and living  at  maturity? A. Collenchyma  B. Sieve tube C.  Xylem vessel D. Sclerenchyma.  (B)
15. The mode of nutrition in  which  digestion   is extracelluar  is A. holophytic  B.  parasitic  C.  holozoic D.  saprophytic. (D)
TO BE CONTINUED...
NB:correction and suggestions are highly welcomed.. Pls don't forget to share

Visit revarena..com for more updates on questions on biology
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by HOLRANGE(m): 2:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
[url][/url]1.Viruses are considered to be living organisms because  theyA.  possess transmittable  charactersB.  move from      one place to another    C. respond to stimulationD.  ingest food materials (A)
2.Which of the following  characteristics is common to amoeba  and Paramecium?A. Oral groove B. Trichoyst   C. Contractile vacuoleD. Cilia  (C)
3.Hydra  removes undigested food byA.  passing it through the anus   B. passing it through       the mouth    C. means of  a contractile vacuoleD.  egesting it through  the body surface. (B)
4.Which of the following groups of invertebrates reproduces by budding A. ArthropodaB. Annelida     C. MolluscaD.  Coelenterata.  (D)
5.The algae, bryophytes and pteriodophytes aresimilar in that theyA.  are sea weeds B. have no vascular  tissuesC. require moisture for fertilizationD. are microscopic  plants. (C)
7. In  bryophytes,  sex  organs  are  produced  in  the A. gametophyte B.  rhizoid  C. protonema D.  sporophyte (A)
8. Which of  the following    animals  has homodont dentition? A. Rat  B. Man     C. Lizard             D. Pigeon. (C)
9. In  which  of the following  does  external  fertilization take  place? A. Toad    B. Lizard C. Bird        D. Cockroach. (A)
10. In  the  tapeworm,  the  suckers  on  the  scolex  are used  for A. sucking the blood of the hostB. holding fast  to  the  host      C.  reproduction        D.  locomotion (B)
11. A feature    which  adapts  birds    to  flight  is  the possession  of A.  scally  legs  B.  light  bones  C.  two  walking legs D.  a.pointed beak. (B)
12. The nephridia in the earthworm  form   part  of the A.  reproductive  system  B.  respiratory  system. C circulatory  system  D.  excretory  system.  (D)
13.Which   of  the following    diseases  is  rarely  spread by  a  housefly? A. Yellow  fever   B.  Dysentery      C. Typhoid   fever D. Poliomyelitis (A)
14. Which of  the following cells  is  thin-walled  and living  at  maturity? A. Collenchyma  B. Sieve tube C.  Xylem vessel D. Sclerenchyma.  (B)
15. The mode of nutrition in  which  digestion   is extracelluar  is A. holophytic  B.  parasitic  C.  holozoic D.  saprophytic. (D)
TO BE CONTINUED...
NB:correction and suggestions are highly welcomed.. Pls don't forget to visit EDUARENA http://revarena..com/ for more updates on questions on biology
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 2:37pm On Jan 15, 2016
HOLRANGE:
1.Viruses are considered to be living organisms because  theyA.  possess transmittable  charactersB.  move from      one place to another    C. respond to stimulationD.  ingest food materials (A)
5.The algae, bryophytes and pteriodophytes aresimilar in that theyA.  are sea weeds B. have no vascular  tissuesC. require moisture for fertilizationD. are microscopic  plants. (B)
TO BE CONTINUED...

i think question 5 is C ( ferns which r pteridophytes possess vascular tissues??)
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by HOLRANGE(m): 2:38pm On Jan 15, 2016
Living organism (cell structure and function of cell components )
cell is the basic structural and functional unit of life, the protoplasm is the organized complex material of which living cells are made
Cell theory States that
1 . all living things are made up of a cell or cells
2. The cell is the structural and functional unit of all living things
3. New cells arise from pre-existing cells by cell division Cell structure
Cell is composed of cytoplasm and nucleus(protoplasm)
CYTOPLASM :- it's outside d nucleus and consist of mitochondrial, lysosomes, ribosome, golgi apparatus centrosome and vacoules all bounded by the cell membrane (plasma membrane)
NUCLEUS :- the nucleus is bounded by a thin living nuclear membrane that separates it from cytoplasm. The membranes has tiny pores that allow substances to go in and out of the nucleus.
The nucleus contains nucleolus nd chromatin
The functions of this mention structures (organelles) will be posted next
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by HOLRANGE(m): 2:39pm On Jan 15, 2016
PilotOz:
i think question 5 is C ( ferns which r pteridophytes possess vascular tissues??)
Noted bro, thanks for the correction
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 2:44pm On Jan 15, 2016
HOLRANGE:

Noted bro, thanks for the correction
ok sir... r u writing this yr's jamb?
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 2:50pm On Jan 15, 2016
HOLRANGE:
TO BE CONTINUED...

6 should be A... ??
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by HOLRANGE(m): 2:50pm On Jan 15, 2016
PilotOz:
ok sir... r u writing this yr's jamb?
Yes... Though m writing 4 d fourth time
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 2:52pm On Jan 15, 2016
HOLRANGE:

Yes... Though m writing 4 d fourth time
then its audible to the deaf and visible to the blind that this will be your last!!!
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by HOLRANGE(m): 2:55pm On Jan 15, 2016
PilotOz:
then its audible to the deaf and visible to the blind that this will be your last!!!
Amen i pray so.. Ilorin had just been punishing me
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 2:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
HOLRANGE:

Amen i pray so.. Ilorin had just been punishing me
The competition there is fierce though!! one has to throw in everything possible... mbbs aspirant, AAU.
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by HOLRANGE(m): 3:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
PilotOz:
The competition there is fierce though!! one has to throw in everything possible... mbbs aspirant, AAU.
Same course, that's cool... First timer?
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 3:01pm On Jan 15, 2016
HOLRANGE:

Same course, that's cool... First timer?
2nd time!! But im filling for mbbs for the first time.
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by HOLRANGE(m): 3:04pm On Jan 15, 2016
PilotOz:
2nd time!! But im filling for mbbs for the first time.
I believe in you
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 3:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
jason555 coment and stop viewing lol
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 3:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
Dr jason555 coment and stop viewing lol
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 3:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
HOLRANGE:
I believe in you
yea thanks.
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by hfinest1(m): 5:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
lemme point out some things to you

HOLRANGE:
1. Living organism
Characteristics of living things includes
MOVEMENT: living organisms moves from one place to another for search of food and shelter, most organisms has developed structure for movement :cilia flagella leg feather etc
REPRODUCTION: living organism has d ability to reproduce - bringing forth young ones (its better to use give rise to young individuals of the same specie)- unicellular organisms reproduce mostly by mitotic division while multicellular organism possesses organ for such
NUTRITION: Nutrition is a process by which living organism obtain and utilize materials from external environment 4 metabolic activities -
IRRITABILITY: living organisms have d ability to respond to stimuli.. Which enables them to run away at the sight of danger (I'd rather say protect themselves from danger and also irritability helps living organisms to survive in their environment.. examples of stimuli include; pain, heat, cold, touch, light, sound etc...
GROWTH : living organism has d ability to grow, unicellular organisms grow with increase in cytoplasmic content while multicellular organism grow with increase in cell achieved through mitosis
EXCRETION : Excretion is the removal of the metabolic waste material from the body of organism (i love this perfect definition... thumbs up but u didn't state examples of metabolic waste materials that are removed from the body as a result of excretion... like sweat from the skin, carbon dioxide from the lungs, bile from the liver, urine from the kidney... note: faeces is not a waste product of excretion but a waste product of egestion) )
RESPIRATION: living organisms has the ability to respire (you didn't define respiration as the exchange of gases between living organisms and their environment. explain why respiration is important too)
DEATH: all living organism dies (death is when all life activities stops or cease)

I hope you don't mind me making some amendments to your work bro? I'll be contributing here from time to time tho... I'm a biology teacher... under I T tho

2 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by HOLRANGE(m): 7:27pm On Jan 15, 2016
hfinest1:
lemme point out some things to you

I hope you don't mind me making some amendments to your work bro? I'll be contributing here from time to time tho... I'm a biology teacher... under I T tho
Why should I mind it would be a great honour having someone like you here.. Thanks
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by HOLRANGE(m): 7:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
At what stage in the life history of a mammal is the SEX of an individual set
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by HOLRANGE(m): 7:33pm On Jan 15, 2016
At what stage in the life history of a mammal is the SEX of an individual set.... I deliberately asked the question without options

Drop your number for questions like this on
WhatsApp!! NB: the group isn't limited to biology as this thread it covers science subject or add me 09024062843.. Thanks
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 8:29pm On Jan 15, 2016
HOLRANGE:
At what stage in the life history of a mammal is the SEX of an individual set
gastrular? dunno, give the answer
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by HOLRANGE(m): 10:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
PilotOz:
gastrular? dunno, give the answer
Conception

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by HOLRANGE(m): 10:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
vickiej where are you
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by HOLRANGE(m): 9:00am On Jan 16, 2016
Good morning everyone, someone said it's better I post the questions without options...
Are we up for some challenges this morning?

1. Element common to protein, carbohydrate and lipid is__________
2.The crown of the mammalian tooth is covered with.
3. In living cells, insufficient oxygen may cause a breakdown of glucose into
4. What the greatest increase in the rate of transpiration
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by HOLRANGE(m): 9:48am On Jan 16, 2016
Organelles(cell structure) are the functional unit of a cell their functions are as follows
1. NUCLEUS:- it's d largest cell organelle surrounded by two membrane(envelope).
D nucleus contains chromatin (chromosomes) which house d DNA which is organised into genes. Genes controls the activities of the cell.
The cell also contains the NUCLEOLUS that manufacture ribosomes.
2. CENTRIOLES:- centriole is found only in the animal cell, they grow into spindle fibres during nuclear division
3. ENDOPLASMIC RETICULUM(ER) :- they are two types of ER-the smooth ER and the Rough ER.
The rough ER have ribosomes attached to it while the smooth ER does not.
the rough ER help in transporting proteins formed by the attached ribosomes while the smooth ER makes lipid and steroids
4. GOLGI APPARATUS:- the apparatus collects, processes and sorts molecules ready for transport in GOLGI VESICLES.
5.LYSOSOMES:- they contain hydrolytic(digestive) enzymes which helps in breaking down unwanted substances
6. MITOCHONDRIAL :- it carries out the later stages of aerobic respiration which is making ATP.. they are referred to as the energy site they also involve in the synthesis of lipids
7. PLASMA MEMBRANE:- it controls the exchange between cell and its environment.
8. CILIA:- this organelle is also found in animal only. if they are just a few of them they are FLAGELLA.. They help in movement of cells
9. CELL WALL:- helps in keeping the cell rigid..it's present only in plant
10. CHloROPLAST:- site for photosynthesis and found only in plant
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 11:05am On Jan 16, 2016
HOLRANGE:
Good morning everyone, someone said it's better I post the questions without options...
Are we up for some challenges this morning?

1. Element common to protein, carbohydrate and lipid is__________
2.The crown of the mammalian tooth is covered with.
3. In living cells, insufficient oxygen may cause a breakdown of glucose into
4. What the greatest increase in the rate of transpiration

1 carbon hydrogen and oxygen
2 Dentine
3 two molecules of glucose + lactic acid (for animals) or two moleules of glucose + ethanol (for plants)
4 Osmotic pressure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II / What Is The Difference Between A Bsc(ed) In Electrical Technology And Bsc In Electrical Engineering / NECO delists Katsina, Kebbi, Oyo schools over cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.