Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,261 members, 7,839,323 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

2016/2017 Jamb Biology - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2016/2017 Jamb Biology (12634 Views)

7am Paper 10/3/2018 Jamb Biology Leaked Questions / UTME 2017: JAMB Clarifies Position, Says Awaiting Results Candidates Can Apply / 2017 JAMB Mock Examination Date & Registration Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
Donpre:

if those re O' level questions, then I need to up my game...

I still got chemistry and physics to work on, now I just found my biology isn't close to what I expected it to be

and its only 1 month remaining... Gosh! I'm so toast
my strength in chemistry is no where near my strength in bio, but im nt bothered, becos no time!!! it takes lot of time to perfect a particular subject. i just believe i've read chem to a satisfactory extent, so iam ok.
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
stephennel:
Reading between the lines is the best solution.
We student of nowadays avoid and overlook a lot in our textbooks,am very sure 60% of student don't know about rhodopsin,zona pellucida,protandry,glans penis,basilar and tectorial membrane,joints between the three ear ossicles,the list is endless
But all knowledge comes from GOD,you can't be perfect but you can always try to be a near perfect............

spot on bro, and jamb usually cash in at this! hmmm!
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by stephennel(m): 2:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
PilotOz:

spot on bro, and jamb usually cash in at this! hmmm!
Exactly bro,at the end of the day we start complaining that jamb did ojoro,which is not so
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by Donpre(m): 6:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
stephennel:
Reading between the lines is the best solution.
We student of nowadays avoid and overlook a lot in our textbooks,am very sure 60% of student don't know about rhodopsin,zona pellucida,protandry,glans penis,basilar and tectorial membrane,joints between the three ear ossicles,the list is endless
But all knowledge comes from GOD,you can't be perfect but you can always try to be a near perfect............
when you've got over 570 pages of modern biology(not to mention other good biology textbooks you might like) to read, coupled with Physics and chemistry that's just as many buh even more complicated... I don't think you'll have time to read in between lines

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by Donpre(m): 6:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
PilotOz:

thats nt true, u're gud jor!! no be u dey answer question on resting potential just now? hehe!! Phy is what i wanna start reading! i intentionally delayed it till dis tym so that all d bloody formulars can still be fresh in my head.
PilotOz:
my strength in chemistry is no where near my strength in bio, but im nt bothered, becos no time!!! it takes lot of time to perfect a particular subject. i just believe i've read chem to a satisfactory extent, so iam ok.
I wish I had my subjects all figured out like you do.... buh I don't. Only Got English and Biology at 70%... Physics and chemistry are somewhere around 50%

Funny thing now is that, I can't read anymore... I try to buh I end up closing my textbook minutes later and start doing something else. Do you know how I can fix that

anyway... Here comes some questions

1. in photosynthesis, which compound generates the oxygen that gets released?
2. What the the reaction that generates oxygen in photosynthesis called
3. What biome does that northern part of the Nigeria posses?
4. What are bone cells called?
5. What living cells make up the cartilage?
6. which part of the brain is in charge of sight and sound?
7. The movement of an organism towards light is called?
8. Major difference between plants and animals is?
9. Which phenomenon proves that mammals, reptiles, amphibians and fishes are of same ancestors?
10. the fluid that filters into the Brownian capsule is called?
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 6:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
Donpre:

I wish I had my subjects all figured out like you do.... buh I don't. Only Got English and Biology at 70%... Physics and chemistry are somewhere around 50%

Funny thing now is that, I can't read anymore... I try to buh I end up closing my textbook minutes later and start doing something else. Do you know how I can fix that

9. Which phenomenon proves that mammals, reptiles, amphibians and fishes are of same ancestors?
1 40H(hydroxide) 4OH---> 2H20 + 02(02 here is the oxygen)
2 light reaction (takes place in the grana of the chloroplast)
3 guine northern savanna (sahel savanna, sudan savanna)
4 osteocytes
5 chondroblast
6 cerebrum(frontal lobe and temporal lobe)
7 phototropism
8 plants r autotrophic while animals are heterotrophic.
9 comparative anatomy
10 glomerular filtrate
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 7:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
PilotOz:
1 40H(hydroxide) 4OH---> 2H20 + 02(02 here is the oxygen) 2 light reaction (takes place in the grana of the chloroplast) 3 guine northern savanna (sahel savanna, sudan savanna) 4 osteocytes 5 chondroblast 6 cerebrum(frontal lobe and temporal lobe) 7 phototropism 8 plants r autotrophic while animals are heterotrophic. 9 comparative anatomy 10 glomerular filtrate
im nt so sure of 6, just forgot the exact location in the brain.
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 7:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
Donpre:

well u gotta keep reading till the exam date. ur plan is that ur score in eng and bio would neutralize any offset in phy and in chem? hmm well we still have to put in more effort! the only problem i have here is that i dont have enuff time to study!
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by pelumi001(m): 7:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
PilotOz:

1 40H(hydroxide) 4OH---> 2H20 + 02(02 here is the oxygen)
2 light reaction (takes place in the grana of the chloroplast)
3 guine northern savanna (sahel savanna, sudan savanna)
4 osteocytes
5 chondroblast
6 cerebrum(frontal lobe and temporal lobe)
7 phototropism
8 plants r autotrophic while animals are heterotrophic.
9 comparative anatomy
10 glomerular filtrate

Infact you are a guru in biology... But, I suppose the number 6 should be Cerebral cortex.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by medwhite0: 7:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by Donpre(m): 8:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
PilotOz:

im nt so sure of 6, just forgot the exact location in the brain.
6. Mid brain
9. Embryology
... comparative anatomy doesn't apply to fishes

Nice going... you murder the questions in cold blood

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by Donpre(m): 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
medwhite0:
Number 9 should be embryology. And number 2 photolysis.
correct... tho no number 2 is suppose to be photolysis buh photolysis only separate water into Hydrogen and Hydroxide component, I don't think the conversion of hydroxide into water and oxygen is part of the photolysis process
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by medwhite0: 8:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by Donpre(m): 10:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
medwhite0:
WHY?
cus my textbook doesn't say it does... buh I just checked wikipedia, turns out the entire light reaction process is photolysis... Thanks, just learnt something new

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by ayorinde217(m): 11:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
Do you need competent home lesson teachers to take your child/children in mathematics,
physics ,chemistry, computer science and Data processing
for WAEC,NECO,JAMB,Postume etc (All subjects from basic 1-6 and Jss1-3 inclusive)? If yes, you can reach us on 08074559541 or 08165297854. Flexible timing and within Ibadan, a trial will convince you.
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by Donpre(m): 2:03pm On Jan 25, 2016
Surprisingly my crazi school just gave me admission today... I didn't even supplement buh they gave me a course anyway

problem is, They gave soil science instead of medicineangry... ah mean, they couldn't give anything better abi?undecided

Anyway, I stuck between accepting it(and switching later, if possible) or letting it go and facing 2016 jamb which I've already registered and I'm preparing for... Guys plz advice, what do you think I should do
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 4:05pm On Jan 25, 2016
Donpre:
Surprisingly my crazi school just gave me admission today... I didn't even supplement buh they gave me a course anyway

problem is, They gave soil science instead of medicineangry... ah mean, they couldn't give anything better abi?undecided

Anyway, I stuck between accepting it(and switching later, if possible) or letting it go and facing 2016 jamb which I've already registered and I'm preparing for... Guys plz advice, what do you think I should do
accept it sharply and still write the jamb with full force!
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 4:06pm On Jan 25, 2016
Donpre:

between, congrats
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by Donpre(m): 6:50pm On Jan 25, 2016
PilotOz:
accept it sharply and still write the jamb with full force!
PilotOz:
between, congrats
thanks man... I appreciate

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 9:01pm On Jan 25, 2016
Donpre:

when you've got over 570 pages of modern biology(not to mention other good biology textbooks you might like) to read, coupled with Physics and chemistry that's just as many buh even more complicated... I don't think you'll have time to read in between lines

lol, this funny but true! well if u believe bio is ur stronghold, then u would read every line frm page 1-570. then u can just run through phy and chem with speed! but nt withstanding, if u have 1 yr to prepare for jamb, then its very possible and even compulsory to read every bit of info in all the subjects. bio can take as much as 2months to read (including in between lines) phy and chem can take 3 mnths each then eng a month or less. (app 10mnths of intense studies would land u in the most competitive uni with the most competitive course like mbbs) hmm.
but yet it takes one type of crazy discipline to be reading everyday for 10months straight! u might even question ur existence lol.
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by Donpre(m): 11:42am On Jan 26, 2016
PilotOz:

lol, this funny but true! well if u believe bio is ur stronghold, then u would read every line frm page 1-570. then u can just run through phy and chem with speed! but nt withstanding, if u have 1 yr to prepare for jamb, then its very possible and even compulsory to read every bit of info in all the subjects. bio can take as much as 2months to read (including in between lines) phy and chem can take 3 mnths each then eng a month or less. (app 10mnths of intense studies would land u in the most competitive uni with the most competitive course like mbbs) hmm.
but yet it takes one type of crazy discipline to be reading everyday for 10months straight! u might even question ur existence lol.
Bio is just 100 marks... Reading it cover to cover, would be a waste. But you're right tho... 10 months of constant reading would make jamb seize your result(LOL), if you don't go mad first that is

anyway, I do think I have my biology figured out tho, all I need is 40 correct answers.... @physics and chemistry, hoping I can score 30 correct answers each... while I have budgeted English to be around 70-80 correct answers. Total should be 270-280

Now my biology is at 33 correct answers and physics/chem is at 24.... I just hope the extensive super reading I'll be doing next month would boost them up to the my desired scores

what about you... budgeted your score yet?
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by stephennel(m): 12:10pm On Jan 26, 2016
If I want to use the past question as an assessment of myself,then I shuld be getting around.........
PHY-44/50
CHE-47/50
BIO-45/50
ENG-dunno,cos I hardly look at that side
But we all know that there are lots of factors that would reduce such mark that day.
And again,I would like to advice everyone not to make a subject as a stronghold,its suicidal.cos there are some question that you might be asked in that question that you think you and you would be like................
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by Donpre(m): 12:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
1. what is the normal pH level of the human blood?
2. which part of the brain is in charge of the homeostasis of water and glucose in the blood?
3.what set of nerves receive and send impulses directly to the brain?
4. What is the full name for ADH and what is it function?
5. When a plant is tilted... the stem curves towards the earth, and the root upwards. This is due to what?
6. which hormone is released when there is a low amount of glucose
7. which hormone converts glycogen to glucose.
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by PilotOz(m): 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
Donpre:

Bio is just 100 marks... Reading it cover to cover, would be a waste. But you're right tho... 10 months of constant reading would make jamb seize your result(LOL), if you don't go mad first that is

anyway, I do think I have my biology figured out tho, all I need is 40 correct answers.... @physics and chemistry, hoping I can score 30 correct answers each... while I have budgeted English to be around 70-80 correct answers. Total should be 270-280

Now my biology is at 33 correct answers and physics/chem is at 24.... I just hope the extensive super reading I'll be doing next month would boost them up to the my desired scores

what about you... budgeted your score yet?
lol, this one that u are allocating/budgetting scores to different subject like dasuki eh?? are u sure we are nt going to be having #JAMBGATE??
anyways on a serious note, i really dnt knw, i can alternate between different scores based on my level of studies, the topics i've covered and my confidence level!
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by Donpre(m): 4:52pm On Jan 26, 2016
PilotOz:

lol, this one that u are allocating/budgetting scores to different subject like dasuki eh?? are u sure we are nt going to be having #JAMBGATE??
anyways on a serious note, i really dnt knw, i can alternate between different scores based on my level of studies, the topics i've covered and my confidence level!
lol... you just made my day with this post. Tho dibu is already our #JAMBGATE, dude be scamming jambites yearly.. God dey watch am in 3D

Anyway, you should budget your score... it helps you study more, so as to meet up your budget score, it also helps you decide how serious you should be in the post utme, so as to beat ur university's cut off mark for a particular course

I'm waiting for those answers, and its been a while you dropped questions

2 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by pelumi001(m): 6:01pm On Jan 26, 2016
Donpre:
1. what is the normal pH level of the human blood?
2. which part of the brain is in charge of the homeostasis of water and glucose in the blood?
3.what set of nerves receive and send impulses directly to the brain?
4. What is the full name for ADH and what is it function?
5. When a plant is tilted... the stem curves towards the earth, and the root upwards. This is due to what?
6. which hormone is released when there is a low amount of glucose
7. which hormone converts glycogen to glucose.
1.The ph range of a normal human blood is slightly basic, it is range around 7.3 -7.45
4.ADH-antidiuretic hormon. It regulate the absorption of water in the kidney.
5.lack of gibberilin and cytoxin among others hormones
6.glucagon
7.pancrease hormone.
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by Donpre(m): 9:01pm On Jan 26, 2016
pelumi001:

1.The ph range of a normal human blood is slightly basic, it is range around 7.3 -7.45
4.ADH-antidiuretic hormon. It regulate the absorption of water in the kidney.
5.lack of gibberilin and cytoxin among others hormones
6.glucagon
7.pancrease hormone.

nice... buh only 1 & 4 re correct, answers 6 is kinda correct buh I meant... which hormone is released to stimulate reabsorption of glucose when glucose level is low and liver's storage is depleted?

You tried sha

rephrasing question 5.... When a plant is tilted horizontally, the shoot grows vertically upwards while the root grows vertically downwards... This is a response to what?
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by serenityaliyu(m): 2:01pm On Jan 27, 2016
pls guys help on this Q-Which of the following groups of cells is devoid of true nuclei?

a.Viruses b.Algae c.Monera d.Fungi
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by Donpre(m): 6:57pm On Jan 27, 2016
serenityaliyu:
pls guys help on this Q-Which of the following groups of cells is devoid of true nuclei?

a.Viruses b.Algae c.Monera d.Fungi
you sure this question is correct?
Re: 2016/2017 Jamb Biology by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 27, 2016
Donpre:
you sure this question is correct?
viruses

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All Uniben New Admitted Student, Meet A Final Year Student Of Uniben / Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II / Pupils Learning Under A Tree In Hawul LGA, Borno State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.