Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today (1236 Views)

Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank / My Experience In The Bank Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by kingstylo01(m): 10:32am On Jan 15, 2016
early this morning I went to carryout some transactions in one zenith bank and I found out that I forgot my pen at home so I decided to ask one of the staff to assist me with his own pen. He insisted that he won't give me, am supposed to come with mine. it was very early and I don't want to pick up a fight so I simply told him that I forgot it and he later decided to give it to me. After filling out the forms I am supposed to fill for my transaction, I turned to his desk to give him back his pen but he wasn't there. Without wasting time I dropped it on his desk and submitted the form I came to fill and headed out of the banking Hall.

I was just close to the main gate I heard two heavy voices calling on me. I was shocked and wondered what I did that made them to be calling me in such an amazing manner. When I got to them, I discovered that it was the bank staff and a security guard that were calling on me. To my surprise he was boiling hot, asking for his pen. I simply told him that I dropped it on his desk. He didn't believe me and I had to take him back to his desk and showed it to him, then I left.

My question is, why did he acted in that manner, following a customer close to the gate just because of a pen?

That's extreme to me.
Re: My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by Folksyharry(m): 10:39am On Jan 15, 2016
I suspect he has some issues troubling him already and was just looking for where to vent his anger because I can't understand why he will call security for someone because of a pen.
Re: My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by RoyalBlak007: 10:42am On Jan 15, 2016
Its cos you're not one alhaji depositing 1.5million Naira...
Re: My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 15, 2016
well the man is very stingy. What's there if u lend someone( a customer) ur pen, u should even be more than willing. I personally i have lost counts of pen that i have lent people in banks and were not returned. Maybe is future is guarded by the pen. lol
Re: My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by delishpot: 10:43am On Jan 15, 2016
He has personal issues. Ignore him.
Re: My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by activelyA(f): 10:45am On Jan 15, 2016
Lol...its not you with the problem, its the bank staff.

Only a person with an attitude would get mad over a pen of 20 naira

PS...you should have place 100 naira with a note telling him to buy 5 more pen angry angry
Re: My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by kossyablaze(m): 10:51am On Jan 15, 2016
Nawa o
Re: My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by eleko1: 10:58am On Jan 15, 2016
There is something darling/special with his pen.I can give u all pen/biro but can't give u my personal pen to use.Dnt blame the staff,he can afford to buy 12 packet,but what do u xpect him to use wen u 'Miraculous take ur French leave/disappear with his pen'?
Re: My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by Jackeeh(m): 11:03am On Jan 15, 2016
Take some time to consider the following :

1. Do you know how many ballpoint pens he has lost to clients?

2. Have you considered that that could have been the only pen he had to work with?

3. Did it also occur to you that having dropped the pen on the banker's desk(and not handing it back to him directly) , that another customer could have easily picked it up and probably forget to drop it back thereby leading to its loss?

4. Let's assume the pen gets lost, being the only one he's got to work with, he will have to leave his desk in search of another, customers would be kept waiting, he will be abused and accused of incompetence etc.

He may have over reacted but let's be considerate. He was gracious enough to let you use the pen. You should have returned the gesture by waiting for him to return so you could hand it over to him.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by CharlyNick: 11:25am On Jan 15, 2016
Funny cheesy
Re: My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by kingstylo01(m): 2:04pm On Jan 15, 2016
Folksyharry:
I suspect he has some issues troubling him already and was just looking for where to vent his anger because I can't understand why he will call security for someone because of a pen.
my guess too.
Re: My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by biuti(f): 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2016
Jackeeh:

2. Have you considered that that could have been the only pen he had to work with?

3. Did it also occur to you that having dropped the pen on the banker's desk(and not handing it back to him directly) , that another customer could have easily picked it up and probably forget to drop it back thereby leading to its loss?

4. Let's assume the pen gets lost, being the only one he's got to work with, he will have to leave his desk in search of another, customers would be kept waiting, he will be abused and accused of incompetence etc.

He may have over reacted but let's be considerate. He was gracious enough to let you use the pen. You should have returned the gesture by waiting for him to return so you could hand it over to him.
Wow, so on point.

2 Likes

Re: My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by kingstylo01(m): 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
RoyalBlak007:
Its cos you're not one alhaji depositing 1.5million Naira...
lol. that's true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by ANBAKO: 9:33am On Jan 16, 2016
I blame neither the op nor the teller.

I solely blame Zenith Bank!!! A bank that cannot provide sticking pens on their counter for customers to use.

A bank that cannot save his customer from embarrassment from its own staff is not worth banking with.
What type of customer service is that!!!! poo!!!

That is why I still like GTB even though they have their own issues too
Re: My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by ANBAKO: 9:36am On Jan 16, 2016
Jackeeh:

A missing pen does not warrant embarrassment of a customer.
Our customer service orientation is just wack in Nigeria and it kills customer and potential clients
Nigerian organizations need to understand that they are in business due to patronization from their clients.....

4 Likes

Re: My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by kingstylo01(m): 11:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
activelyA:
Lol...its not you with the problem, its the bank staff.

Only a person with an attitude would get mad over a pen of 20 naira

PS...you should have place 100 naira with a note telling him to buy 5 more pen angry angry
he was lucky I wasn't in the mood. I just had to overlook it
Re: My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by kingstylo01(m): 11:33pm On Jan 16, 2016
eleko1:
There is something darling/special with his pen.I can give u all pen/biro but can't give u my personal pen to use.Dnt blame the staff,he can afford to buy 12 packet,but what do u xpect him to use wen u 'Miraculous take ur French leave/disappear with his pen'?
hmm... I don't believe the pen is special to him. Just ordinary bic
Re: My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by eleko1: 5:37am On Jan 17, 2016
cheesy ;DD grin grin grin.Maybe he need it to tick baba Ijebu coupon later/he's a typical Ijebu man.No vex biko.
kingstylo01:
hmm... I don't believe the pen is special to him. Just ordinary bic
Re: My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by kingstylo01(m): 11:36am On Jan 17, 2016
eleko1:
cheesy ;DD grin grin grin.Maybe he need it to tick baba Ijebu coupon later/he's a typical Ijebu man.No vex biko.
lol. me no vex o.... I just freestyle am go my way grin
Re: My Funny Experience At Zenith Bank Today by Kirinwa: 12:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
Jackeeh:

Sensible response. Op you are guilty.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Why Ytmonster Is Best For Youtube Views / Thread for future and current Uber Drivers In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.