Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,042 members, 7,814,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps (32178 Views)

Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others / Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance / Adamawa Increases Corpers' Allowance From N2,000 To N10,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by Kbs468(m): 12:04pm On Jan 15, 2016
Yes Yes Yes *In kelechi Iheanachos's voice*

Certainly this is GOOD NEWS WITH RESPECT TO OUR WELFARE IMPROVEMENT PACKAGE CLAMOUR ALL THIS WHILE

I MEAN ALLAWEE FOR THE 'WEE WAA!' CHORUSERS

HOUSE OF REPS PASSES BILL SEEKING INCREMENT OF CORPS MEMBERS ALLOWANCE!

The House of Representatives, yesterday passed for third reading a Bill for an Act seeking to amend the National Youth Service Corps Act 2004 which will bring about an increment in the allowance earned by Corps members in the country.

The Bill which also seeks to provide mandatory life insurance to Corps members was sponsored by Hon Joan Mrakpor, of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, from Delta State. It was unanimously adopted by members.

Passage of the Bill would enable corps members who have acquired special business skill from the Service to have access to loan.

Mrakpor, while calling on his colleagues to support the passage of the bill, said the essence of the Bill’s amendment was to ensure that the aim of the NYSC scheme was not defeated and it would reduce the number of graduates relying on white collar jobs in the country.

Following its passage, the House referred the Bill to the adhoc committee on constitution review for further legislative input.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/01/15/house-of-reps-passes-bill-seeking-increment-of-corps-members-allowance/?utm_source=dlvr.it_nnd&utm_medium=twitter

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by Mack3N: 12:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
You mean am?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by Kbs468(m): 12:11pm On Jan 15, 2016
Mack3N:
You mean am?
haha? see the evidence na. Some disappointment they say are meant to be blessings in disguise especially for older graduates yet to serve and still unemployed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by Kbs468(m): 12:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
or is it supposed to be in the politics handle of Nairaland? cc Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by seankay(m): 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2016
they should increase it to 20k cheesy

but seriously,where will they get the money to finance that with the current state of the economy?

8 Likes

Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by seunoni34(m): 3:52pm On Jan 15, 2016
Why now that I'm passing out by April? sad sad

7 Likes

Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by Rich4god(m): 3:52pm On Jan 15, 2016
Hmmm... Why now wey I don serve fininsh.

4 Likes

Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by Nicholas1800(m): 3:52pm On Jan 15, 2016
Kbs468:

haha? see the evidence na. Some disappointment they say are meant to be blessings in disguise especially for older graduates yet to serve and still unemployed
you can't be serious
Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by Nomzylicious(f): 3:52pm On Jan 15, 2016
Gud
Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by Banter1(m): 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
Ok continue
Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by Akeelahtunez(m): 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
One good move by the National Assembly I just pray does that get dis money use is wisely

2 Likes

Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by zimoni(f): 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
Good one. The meagre is not sufficient.
Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by Akby(m): 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
Why not invest the money in the system rather...
Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by DrGud: 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
seankay:
they should increase it to 20k cheesy

but seriously,where will they get the money to finance that with the current state of the economy?
What do mean by bhs pls. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by WebSurfer(m): 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
[size=32pt]Nonsense[/size]
Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by Akeelahtunez(m): 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
One good move by the National Assembly I just pray does that get dis money use is wisely
Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by divinelove(m): 3:54pm On Jan 15, 2016
hmmm it shld b reduced to like 5k monthly stipend and made optional, anybody that agrees to serve on 5k monthly stipend should be given a national award like MON member of the order of niger after service and he/she will be honoured by the president at the end of the service year cool

2 Likes

Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by KingsleyBuubba(m): 3:54pm On Jan 15, 2016
It is dat wen politicians become opposition they start making sense? Am referring to the PDP member who sponsored the bill. PDP members now talk about public welfare... Wonders shall never end

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by SantiCiboura: 3:54pm On Jan 15, 2016
Hope it will be up to 50k monthly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by Monzuur(m): 3:54pm On Jan 15, 2016
good move
Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by ayusco85(m): 3:54pm On Jan 15, 2016
So they had to wait until I finish service before they pass this long overdue bill. Issoraite. They shld also extend the service to 2yrs then.

Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by agbangam: 3:55pm On Jan 15, 2016
Great news, PMB shud quickly sign it into law as soon as it sent to him... Oya make I prepare to serve ;DGreat news, PMB shud quickly sign it into law as soon as it sent to him... Oya make I prepare to serve

1 Like

Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by Bigii(m): 3:55pm On Jan 15, 2016
Na today E don tay wey bill d pass

1 Like

Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by metrosexual: 3:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
Why didn't you guys increase it during my time? ?

Well, all good, let upcoming home boys enjoy! grin
Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by kennyman2000(m): 3:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
Hmmmmm...
Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by kingphilip(m): 3:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
This is coming rather too late.. Na now wey I wan pass out na im dem de pass the bill ni

Anyway it's better late than never at least what we clamored for will b for the benefit of up and coming NYSC members
Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by heykims(m): 3:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
Impressive, but I hope it won't take years again for the conclusion of the passage of bill nd d eventual implementation. I hope batch A 2017 will enjoy d package.
Anything governmental follows an annoying sluggish process...
Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by charlydot(m): 3:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
Nah eh na dis batch go enjoy am.
Kbs468:
Yes Yes Yes *In kelechi Iheanachos's voice*

Certainly this is GOOD NEWS WITH RESPECT TO OUR WELFARE IMPROVEMENT PACKAGE CLAMOUR ALL THIS WHILE

I MEAN ALLAWEE FOR THE 'WEE WAA!' CHORUSERS

HOUSE OF REPS PASSES BILL SEEKING INCREMENT OF CORPS MEMBERS ALLOWANCE!

The House of Representatives, yesterday passed for third reading a Bill for an Act seeking to amend the National Youth Service Corps Act 2004 which will bring about an increment in the allowance earned by Corps members in the country.

The Bill which also seeks to provide mandatory life insurance to Corps members was sponsored by Hon Joan Mrakpor, of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, from Delta State. It was unanimously adopted by members.

Passage of the Bill would enable corps members who have acquired special business skill from the Service to have access to loan.

Mrakpor, while calling on his colleagues to support the passage of the bill, said the essence of the Bill’s amendment was to ensure that the aim of the NYSC scheme was not defeated and it would reduce the number of graduates relying on white collar jobs in the country.

Following its passage, the House referred the Bill to the adhoc committee on constitution review for further legislative input.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/01/15/house-of-reps-passes-bill-seeking-increment-of-corps-members-allowance/?utm_source=dlvr.it_nnd&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by connectikut89(m): 3:58pm On Jan 15, 2016
seunoni34:
Why now that I'm passing out by April? sad sad
Why not now that i'll be going in by March? cheesy

Akby:
Why not invest the money in the system rather...
U know I would have easily said to give this idea a whirl but we all know our "yam-eating" history. So tsk tsk to dat idea of yours. I'd rather they give us the money than those polithiefcians and some corrupt govt staff cool
Re: Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps by Drsheddy(m): 3:59pm On Jan 15, 2016
J

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano Corpers Continue Their Sleep Under The Sun After Skipping Parade (Video) / How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp / Four Corpers Kidnapped On Their Way To Camp, Rescued In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.