Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance (39011 Views)

Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others / Rivers Corpers At Benevolent Care Orphanage Today (photo) / Adamawa Increases Corpers' Allowance From N2,000 To N10,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Mztarstrechy(m): 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
Rivers To Immotalise Killed Corper;Corpers' Salary Increased 4rm 10k To 15k:Wike)

Rivers State Governor Wike said today corps member, Mr Samuel Okonta, who was killed during the rerun legislative elections in the State will be immortalised by Rivers state government.

He also declared that the State Government will provide all necessary assistance for the police to investigate the killing of the corps member, with a view to identifying those responsible and prosecuting them.

Speaking at the Rivers State National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, Headquarters in Port Harcourt on Wednesday, Governor Wike also announced an increment in the monthly allowance of corps members serving outside Port Harcourt from N10, 000 to N15000. He also increased the state monthly allowance of corps members serving in Port Harcourt from N5000 to N10000.

He expressed sadness that the corps member died serving the nation. He said that the Rivers State Government will take care of the family of the late corps member.

Governor Wike noted that the death is even more painful because the corps member was an orphan who suffered through schooling and was on the verge of being of help to his immediate family.

He said: “The death of this corps member is unfortunate and condemnable. I urge the Police to thoroughly investigate the crime. The outcome of the investigation should be made public so that those involved are prosecuted. The killing of this corps member must not be swept under the carpet.

“I call for post mortem on the corpse of the corps member so that we can ascertain the type of bullet and type of gun that killed him. The post mortem will also determine who bears that type of gun that killed the corps member “.

The governor said his administration will also take measures to improve security in the state. He said that steps will be taken to ensure that the incident does not reoccur.

State Coordinator of the NYSC, Mrs Ngozi Nwatarali commended the governor for commiserating with the NYSC at its moment of grief. She appealed for greater protection for corps members during elections.

Responding on behalf of the family, Alex Edeabeatu thanked the Governor for his gesture. He said that the late corps member was a shining light.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/governor-wike-to-immortalise-killed.html

6 Likes

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Papasmal(m): 5:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
After waiting 4 so long,

Today I made my FTC debut....Oluwa ni,Sign of good tinz to come..

Nice gesture from d governor.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by dunkem21(m): 5:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
grin
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by boboLIL(m): 5:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
Its a great move... Buh a lost soul is a lost soul.... Rip corper

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by tamonokare: 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
God bless you sir.

16 Likes

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
God bless the dead
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by ukukaegbu(m): 5:42pm On Mar 23, 2016
All the benefiting corpers in that state should contribute at least N2,000 each and give to the dead corper's family.

His death has brought them some joy.

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by chumaster(m): 5:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
15k no bad, nysc make una start batch B mobilisation sharply, If I no register and get Rivers state make APC win Wike come 2019

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Kessyy2k4(m): 5:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
medicine after death !:u shud av done dis b4 we lost him,

wike, tryin to consolidate support for the forth coming rerun! the innocent soul shall judge d culprit!

RIP to d dead

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Bawsse(m): 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
Impressive! but make sure una compensate the family of the deceased

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Sunnycliff(m): 7:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
I better kill my self than dying for this nation. It doesn't worth it!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by DickDastardly(m): 7:35pm On Mar 23, 2016
Lets wait for Ngeneukwenu's rant.

13 Likes

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by eke96: 7:35pm On Mar 23, 2016
See that Corper in front dancing because of 5k increment as big as he is when a colleague is dead. Smh.

RIP to the dead.

God bless Wike .

I know a President that will never comment on Corpers death.

BTW who killed the Corper?

Like if you suspect APC thugs.
Share if you suspect PDP thugs.

123 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by evatee(m): 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2016
So killer wicked Wike (KWW) wants Rivers corpers to be collecting blood money......nah wah o. Rip to the dead!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Niyinficient(m): 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2016
Bobo juice of life!

See corpers wey suppose dey mourn their colleague jump up dey dance cos of 5K increment wey dem neva beggin see! SMH for our youths

23 Likes

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Moneyhatesme(m): 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2016
The corper was the sacrificial lamb. Rip to him
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by loomer: 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2016
I don always talk am say, na only death dey make our leaders reason small.

They are all dull criminals.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Sanchase: 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2016
Empty promise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Goldencollins: 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
Buhari is a dullard from Daura, Amaechi is a Lizard of
Ubima, Osinbande is a midget from Ogun state.
The zombies re free to quote me.

32 Likes

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Siberia101: 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
Look at corpers who lost a colleague that should be feeling remorseful jubilating as if it's a Christmas party...

RIP Corper just so bad you left this way...Whoever is responsible for this must face judgment someday if not by Man then by GOD in heaven...

Our politician kids are here in Abj/Europe/USA having fun, while the youths are doing the dirty jobs for the political elites....

Nigerian Youths will always remain as pawns in the Nigeria political system...

5 Likes

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Sunnycliff(m): 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
Kessyy2k4:
medicine after death !:u shud av done dis b4 we lost him,

wike, tryin to consolidate support for the forth coming rerun! the innocent soul shall judge d culprit!

RIP to d dead

Was it Wike that killed him?

7 Likes

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by shachris02: 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
[quote author=toselove post=44045437][/quote]

bro i seriously want you to scam me...at least to compensate you for all the hard labour you've put here. but sadly your site is not available.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Electroweb(m): 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
RIP to the dead. You wanted to serve your fatherland, but got sucked into the abyss of death.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Tpeters(m): 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
Who den give d 10k b4?dey ve nt bin paying

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by meshi1990(m): 7:39pm On Mar 23, 2016
poverty is truly a disease see d way they were rejoicin with a thug and murderer..

2 Likes

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 23, 2016
RIP corper

thanks to the lion of rivers state
wike
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
Last Time Rivers State paid corpers was 2013.. Any body that picks Rivers state because of 15k is on a long thing. A state that cant pay 10k wants to pay 15k?? very funny. Wike should fish out the guys involved in embezzling Rivers state corpers monthly allowance and pay up previous sets

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by psalmistofGod: 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
sad ...i see. Make he pay 2015 batch c outstanding state allawee. Medicine after death. RIP

2 Likes

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by crackhouse(m): 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
Hmm
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by wristbangle: 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
Smh undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: Isolation Centre In Taraba NYSC Orientation Camp (Photos) / #NYSCAllowance Is Trending On Twitter, And Here Is Why (See Reactions) / Corps Member Slumps And Dies In Nasarawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.