Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,057 members, 7,814,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Forex Scalping - An Introduction - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Forex Scalping - An Introduction (1414 Views)

Why Bitcoin Is Splitting Again – An Introduction To Bitcoin Gold / Introduction To One Of The Ways To Get Financial Freedom In A Biting Economy! / Introduction To Export Business.....doing It Right & Making It Big (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forex Scalping - An Introduction by mcqwerty(m): 2:03pm On Jan 15, 2016
Forex Scalping- An introduction

There are several ways to trade the forex market on a daily basis. These technique vary based on the preference, experience and personality of the trader.
Basically there are four trading styles which are: scalping, swing trading, day trading and position trading.
This piece is going to explain and enlighten us on what Forex "Scalping" means.
Scalping is the trading style or technique in which an intraday trader seeks to capitalise on temporary momentum created by market activity when trading a stock, commodity or security.
Scalping is a short term trading style and the trader's goal is to pick small but consistent gains all through the day with the hope that these little gains would add up to something bigger by the end of the trading day.
Why do Traders/newbie traders prefer scalping?
Scalping activity expose a trader's capital to the market on a very limited timeframe basis. His exposure to risk is minimal because he doesn't stay too long in the market and any eventuality or market surprise doesn't affect his capital. This is different from the day trader or the position trader who could leave trades open in the markets for days, weeks and even months on end.
Being exposed to the market risk on a minute basis gives the trader a kind of sense of control over his capital and the opportunity to make quick gains.

How to Scalp
1. Fireup an MT4 platform with the chart of your favourite currency pair (EURUSD is the most suitable for scalping)
2. Bring up 1m chart
3. Spot your setup/signal (whatever the combination of technical indicators you use, chart patterns, or horizontal support/resistance zones)
4. Execute your trade.
5. Exit your trade in 30 seconds to 2 mins making 1-2pips.
6. repeat step 3 to 5

Why Scalpers may not be profitable
1. Scalping is an advanced form of trading and its not advisable to newbies to scalp, although many would disagree
2. There's too much "noise" vs signal ratio on 1min charts because 1 minute charts are highly volatile and inconclusive, you might end up with many low quality trade setups
3. Scalping is highly intense and intellectually demanding.
4. Frequent trading can make a trader prone to losing his funds very fast
5. It is very easy to abandon trading rules and break risk management habits.
6. Intense scalping may break your account when the markets get a surprise news or unplanned event happens e.g, wars, disasters, economic policy releases, etc.
7. Most newbies rush into scalping and hereby lack the proper forex education, training and marekt insight to mae them trade profitably.
With all these mentioned, this is not to say scalping in itself is bad, but it should be done with caution and discipline.
If you need the complete guide which explains the ideal way to scalp in the forex markets with increased accuracy, or you are curious to know how to make scalping work for you, contact me by email adsstudios5@gmail.com

Reqards,
Mcqwerty
Whatsapp 08062657675
Re: Forex Scalping - An Introduction by jamace(m): 7:41pm On Jan 15, 2016
Bros, its been quite a while. How is the going?
Re: Forex Scalping - An Introduction by mcqwerty(m): 12:04pm On May 01, 2017
good.
Re: Forex Scalping - An Introduction by Idy179(m): 3:26pm On May 01, 2017
pls share the strategy you use in scalping...thanks
Re: Forex Scalping - An Introduction by mcqwerty(m): 8:00am On May 02, 2017
Idy179:
pls share the strategy you use in scalping...thanks
Hi, if you want to know my strategy it comes at a price.
I believe anybody can develop a strategy that will work for him/her though most people are either too lazy to research or get proper trading information but for the record i combine EMA, SMA and Bollinger bands, all on 1 and 5min Timeframe.
If you are interested in knowing how i combine these indicators to make consistent pips then you can contact me.
Re: Forex Scalping - An Introduction by mcqwerty(m): 9:04pm On Mar 28, 2020
Scalping is still profitable even in 2020.
Get the skill you need to begin.

(1) (Reply)

How i made N50,000 in 48hrs By Joining Ultimate Cycler / Power Bank For Laptop, Printer / Bitclub Advantage - Today's Investment, Tomorrow's Happiness!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.