Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

How A Fraudster Tried To Defraud Me This Morning(new Tactic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A Fraudster Tried To Defraud Me This Morning(new Tactic) (1128 Views)

How A Fraudster Raped My Girlfriend! / Man Uses POS To Defraud Customers N1.2b (photo) / Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How A Fraudster Tried To Defraud Me This Morning(new Tactic) by FILEBE(m): 3:29pm On Jan 15, 2016
I woke up this morning to see this text message on my phone:

Dear Customer, Due to our sytems upgrade your atm card has just been deactivated , to reactivate, kindly call customer care , Mr John Edward on 08138637127.

Immediately i saw this, i just laughed and cursed the sender silently. I couldn't help but imagine how some people could fall into something like this. I called the number, played along with him and he started asking for my serial number on the atm and the 3 digits at the back of it. He didn't wait for me to insult his generations before he hung up.
Pls, i am using this to alert the public on the new tactic they are using. DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR ATM DETAILS TO ANYONE!

I have the recorded conversation on my phone for some of my Nairalanders who like things like this. grin
Re: How A Fraudster Tried To Defraud Me This Morning(new Tactic) by geesilver(m): 3:30pm On Jan 15, 2016
thats smart of u
Re: How A Fraudster Tried To Defraud Me This Morning(new Tactic) by FILEBE(m): 4:52pm On Jan 15, 2016
geesilver:
thats smart of u

lol. Thanks. One has to be smart to survive in this world.

(1) (Reply)

Man Who Was Tortured By Army Cadets Identified, Says He Was Maltreated In Abuja / See Photos Of Police Officers Playing Draft At Police HQ ,akure Ondo State / A Man Kills Girlfriend And Sleeps With Her Corpse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.