Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers (26575 Views)

Adoki Joy, UNIPORT Student, Raped And Killed By Kidnappers (photos) / Photos Of The 3 UNIPORT Students Killed By Kidnappers / The New Tactic Robbers Use In Abuja Revealed By Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by EdifiedCEO: 11:01pm On Jun 23, 2017
The Lagos State Police Command has raised an alarm over the new tactics used by kidnappers. Below is a statement issued by the Spokesperson for the Lagos State Police Command, SP Dolapo Badmos.
"Please if any one send credit to you and the person later calls you that it was a mistake that you should send it back to them. If you send it back, they will still call you to ask for more details about you that they want to appreciate what you did and pray for you. Do not listen to such and give out your details please. Its a new gimmick that kidnappers are now using to get victims.

Please let's exercise caution and be careful in our day to day activities in order not to fall victim.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/06/lagos-police-raise-alarm-over-new.html

cc lalasticlala

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
Oh my God, this my country people no get chill.

They also use this method, whenever you're expecting a visitor who's coming to your home for the first time and they can't find thier way.

Avoid asking them to let you speak to the bike man (okada) cos that might be the last time you hear from your visitor. It's a bad habit and people still do, it's safer to go get that person from the bus stop instead.

Beware!!!

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by forreelinc(m): 11:12pm On Jun 23, 2017
grin nne that is very risky as I go use ya cradit and talk say na wrong numba u dey call so

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by joe4real12: 11:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
Real naija-born would not return the credit in the first place grin

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by joe4real12: 11:47pm On Jun 23, 2017
fuckerstard:
Oh my God, this country people no get chill.

They also use this method, whenever you're expecting a visitor who's coming to your home for the first time and they can't find thier way.

Avoid asking them to let you speak to the bike man (okada) cos that might be the last time you hear from your visitor. It's a bad habit and people still do, it's safer to go get that person from the bus stop instead.

Beware!!!
Correct info!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by Buharimustgo: 12:08am On Jun 24, 2017
Most Nigerian youths are good at inventing bad things

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by subtlemee(f): 12:16am On Jun 24, 2017
I'll simply load the card then ask them to re-send another one to check if it will still do mistake and enter my line as I didn't see the first one...no be person go tell them say my own pass their own

20 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 24, 2017
subtlemee:
I'll simply load the card then ask them to re-send another one to check if it will still do mistake and enter my line as I didn't see the first one...no be person go tell them say my own pass their own

It's easy for you to say that, some people aren't that savvy. In a normal place returning the airtime is the right thing to do, but in 9ja the case is reversed.

It's a pity that doing the right around here could land you in big trouble. big trouble fa!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by NothingDoMe: 5:48am On Jun 24, 2017
fuckerstard:

It's a pity that doing the right around here could land in you trouble. big trouble fa!
Even to help carry people along the road when driving na wahala. One of my guys nor dey look left or right when driving oh to avoid wahala.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by tsekeok(m): 10:26am On Jun 24, 2017
As was shared​ sometime last week:

Good afternoon peeps, I received a call from someone claiming to be one of the teachers at my child’s school informing me that my child had fallen on the stairs in school and had a broken leg. The teacher claimed to be calling from life link Hospital where the child had been rushed to and required urgent attention as she was bleeding profusely. I was asked to urgently send 200k so the child could be attended to. When I informed the caller that i have a medical card and that would go to the hospital, the caller said that time was of the essence as the child needed urgent medical intervention, before it was too late. The “teacher” handed the phone to a “doctor” who confirmed to me that the best thing was to send the money urgently to enable them commence treatment. I was ready to go to the hospital. However, i asked a final question: “What is the name of the child?”, upon which the caller immediately disconnected the call.

When i narrated this incident to another colleague, he told me that a friend of his was actually conned in the same way and she parted with 300k

To avoid being a victim:

1.   Remain calm.

2.   Ask them to tell you either the name of the child, or the name of the school and class/stream the child is in.

I thought I should share this with all of you, especially those of you who have school going kids, so you can be extra careful when handling strange calls. Please also advise your family and friends to be cautious.

65 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by NwaNimo1(m): 10:57am On Jun 24, 2017

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by obaival(m): 10:58am On Jun 24, 2017
D
Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by slawomir: 10:58am On Jun 24, 2017
Ok
Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by oluseyiforjesus(m): 11:01am On Jun 24, 2017
But since dey don catch Evans kidnappers should learn na.....
Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by adekennis(m): 11:02am On Jun 24, 2017
Why sending back the credit the sender still have on his/her sent folder....lolzz....By the way,the format is being been used by local guy man for long long time..I'm surprise police are just raising awareness..Do u people know some people buy random business cards? Mind those who u hand your business card to

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:02am On Jun 24, 2017
How people sit down to think of these evil ideas really baffles me.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by LoveJesus87(m): 11:04am On Jun 24, 2017
forreelinc:
grin nne that is very risky as I go use ya cradit and talk say na wrong numba u dey call so
my brother in the ministry more grace grin
Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by LoveJesus87(m): 11:05am On Jun 24, 2017
W
Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 24, 2017
credit? I don't understand
Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by mightyhaze: 11:08am On Jun 24, 2017
forreelinc:
grin
Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by judgedredd22(m): 11:14am On Jun 24, 2017
subtlemee:

my magical babe is also savage in approach! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by malakus(m): 11:15am On Jun 24, 2017
hmm
Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by loomer: 11:22am On Jun 24, 2017
In other words, make we no return the money
Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by Karlman: 11:25am On Jun 24, 2017
Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by Blackie46(m): 11:30am On Jun 24, 2017
Kidnappers don't work like this. They don't go for random targets. They know their targets and go for them. And who says I need to go tru all this stress just to get an account name and number?
Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by davodyguy: 11:31am On Jun 24, 2017
Kill Evans and reduce kidnapping by 70%

Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 24, 2017
Evansmania
Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by ZorGBUooeh: 11:33am On Jun 24, 2017
Hahaha! Why I go send the credit back angry when I no dey craze..I go load the credit pray for the person

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers by jrusky(m): 11:38am On Jun 24, 2017
But what is wrong with all these foolish guys for goodness sake? So this boys still don't learn any lesson from the law is saying about kidnapping? I blame the police, Nigeria newspaper and social media. To my biggest surprise this Evan story make boys more hardened a guy was boasting saying he will start kidnapping after all he needed in life is just 50 million and if he can manage to kidnap and get near a $1million what else is he looking for and this young fool was telling me Evan is a fool if it were t be him he would have left Nigeria long long ago with such huge ransom now here we are.

I said this here and some other media houses I knew that all these Evan has this Evan has that will boost guys in this evil business up and want to hammer too in big way and run away the noise is too much about Evan this is a very sensitive matter now police are warning people their waning is useless they have blew Evan case to public too much and guys belief they can do same if even to die same day beside the police forgot that Nigerians are naturally very wild and very very hardened.

And for those fools sending out credit on phone please I will like you send it to me and come back to tell me that your silly stories and you want to pray for me you will tell me if I beg for your prayer or I ever seek prayer from your foolishness. Go and find job they won't and they will come back later and say its the Fed Govt fault whereas so many of their mates are hustling in a right way and surviving, bloody lazy a s s and my biggest surprise upon all they usually get from this kidnapping madness all are spend on women I don't know why God gave women such power to make men became so silly to do the worst to please them I don't know why its so sad.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Housewife Kills Husband With ‘rat Poison’ In Kano / South African Lady Cries Out After Being Beaten To Stupor By Her Husband (photos / 2 Police Men Beaten To Pulp By A Labourer In Lagos..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.