Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) (4301 Views)

Arewa Youths To FFK: Stop Insulting Buhari, Northern Leaders Or Face Our Wrath / Malami Sends Names Of Six Judges To DSS For Probe - CJN writes Buhari / APC Warns Against Insulting Buhari, Government Officials - Premiumtimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by queentell(f): 4:19pm On Jan 15, 2016
A popular Nigerian lawyer and rights activist was detained overnight on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 for allegedly addressing President Muhammadu Buhari in a disrespectful way.

Emeka Ugwuonye, Esquire, Group Founder/Principal Administrator of Due Process Advocates (DPA), was stopped by operatives of the Department of State Service (DSS) upon arrival at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos.

“They told me they would have to hear from Abuja (DSS Headquarters) before allowing me to go,” Mr. Ugwuonye, a senior lawyer who practises in Nigeria and the United States of America, told News Express this morning. “I had to tell my driver and personal assistant to go when I was not released as at midnight,” he added.
Emeka Ugwuonye, Esq. pictured in his office | Facebook

News Express learnt that Mr. Ugwuonye, who was not allowed to go until after clearance by Abuja, was detained in connection with a video he recently uploaded on the DPA Facebook page in which he said that President Buhari must obey court orders. “He talked as if he was ordering the President,” a DSS source said, adding that Buhari should be talked to with respect as he is the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces.

Ugwuonye said, “This is unacceptable. I am going to sue them on Monday.”

He repeated what he said in the video, insisting that Buhari, who recently declared in public not to obey some court orders, has no option than to abide by the dictates of the Nigerian Constitution and has no right to choose court orders to obey.

Reported From: http://www.zubbyblog.com/lawyer-arrested-by-dss-for-insulting-buhari-on-facebook/

3 Likes

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 15, 2016
U don't mean it!! I don't just believe this blog

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by advocates: 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
queentell:
A popular Nigerian lawyer and rights activist was detained overnight on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 for allegedly addressing President Muhammadu Buhari in a disrespectful way.

Emeka Ugwuonye, Esquire, Group Founder/Principal Administrator of Due Process Advocates (DPA), was stopped by operatives of the Department of State Service (DSS) upon arrival at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos.

“They told me they would have to hear from Abuja (DSS Headquarters) before allowing me to go,” Mr. Ugwuonye, a senior lawyer who practises in Nigeria and the United States of America, told News Express this morning. “I had to tell my driver and personal assistant to go when I was not released as at midnight,” he added.

News Express learnt that Mr. Ugwuonye, who was not allowed to go until after clearance by Abuja, was detained in connection with a video he recently uploaded on the DPA Facebook page in which he said that President Buhari must obey court orders. “He talked as if he was ordering the President,” a DSS source said, adding that Buhari should be talked to with respect as he is the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces.

Ugwuonye said, “This is unacceptable. I am going to sue them on Monday.”

He repeated what he said in the video, insisting that Buhari, who recently declared in public not to obey some court orders, has no option than to abide by the dictates of the Nigerian Constitution and has no right to choose court orders to obey.

Reported From: http://www.zubbyblog.com/lawyer-arrested-by-dss-for-insulting-buhari-on-facebook/

A welcome development if you ask me. Freedom of speech demands that you respect the right of another person. The same gesture should be extended to nairaland where character assassination is fast occupying the space of sound reasoning.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by Ibelong2God: 4:28pm On Jan 15, 2016
advocates:
A welcome development if you ask me. Freedom of speech demands that you respect the right of another person. The same gesture should be extended to nairaland where character assassination is fast occupying the space of sound reasoning.

How many people have you insulted people in your life, and how many times did they gag you?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by advocates: 5:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
Ibelong2God:

How many people have you insulted people in your life, and how many times did they gag you?
The person and office of the President a representative of every well meaning Nigerian. An insult to that office is an insult to the sensibility of the collective populace. Anyone who deem it fit to discredit that exalted sit has proven to be outlawed and the best punishment is to excommunicate( a religious term) such felllow from the country

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by queentell(f): 2:20am On Jan 16, 2016
Ibelong2God:

i dont know ooo

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by vazsily(m): 3:04am On Jan 16, 2016
All dis Biafra clowns shld be very careful else Prsey BUBU will treat their f**k up.

4 Likes

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by ariesbull: 3:14am On Jan 16, 2016
advocates:

Why are you this. ..swear that you never called Jonathan clueless and shoeless one...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by Nobody: 3:34am On Jan 16, 2016
This retrogressive government will plunge Nigeria into the "dark ages". Public servants should realize they aren't gods - they answer to the law as well. Mr Lawyer wasn't even being insulting; he didn't call PMB "monkey face" or "ojuju masquerade". He said PMB must obey court orders....well, mustn't he?

6 Likes

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by cococandy(f): 4:57am On Jan 16, 2016
I laugh in French
Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by Opinedecandid(m): 5:13am On Jan 16, 2016
Imagine the sad story of the tyrannic and dictatorship reign of the Daurad being told and some senseless illiterates here have risen to his defence.

Something you should all condemn?

Your problems will simply multiply.

Change agents my foot.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by akp202(m): 5:25am On Jan 16, 2016
millions insulted GEJ during his administration but nt even an ant was arrested....which way 9ja

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by naijaboy756: 5:48am On Jan 16, 2016
advocates:
If not for one thing, I would have give u a befitting insult. What is wrong with you people Where were your likes when GEJ was given all the insults?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by naijaboy756: 5:51am On Jan 16, 2016
advocates:
The person and office of the President a representative of every well meaning Nigerian. An insult to that office is an insult to the sensibility of the collective populace. Anyone who deem it fit to discredit that exalted sit has proven to be outlawed and the best punishment is to excommunicate( a religious term) such felllow from the country
APC built the institution of insults to the seat of the President... That institution will not be demolished now, no matter the number of arrests.. Hypocrites.. Nigerians are not fools

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by Tochaigh: 5:53am On Jan 16, 2016
advocates:

Tyranny shall be the portion of your family and household, not mine.

Wasted spermatozoa

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by naijaboy756: 5:55am On Jan 16, 2016
Tochaigh:

Tyranny shall be the portion of your family and household, not mine.

Wasted spermatozoa
don't mind the *thing*

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by Chigold101(m): 6:15am On Jan 16, 2016
advocates:
if GEJ had hauled people in jail i wonder if someone el rufai and lai mohmmed and many people APC government would have free to contest elections

5 Likes

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by wislika2015: 6:31am On Jan 16, 2016
advocates:
but when you people were insulting GEJ, you guys were dancing and laughing. I live matter for market women.

6 Likes

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by morereb10: 6:36am On Jan 16, 2016
what is happening in this country abeg

this is going out of hand

3 Likes

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by VcStunner(m): 6:36am On Jan 16, 2016
..."he talked as if he was ordering the president"... I mean for real??
people are now arrested for speaking up against a govt by mere tones and not content in a democratic dispensation?. We would all have been dead if jonathan wasn't a hero and true believer in freedom of expression and democracy.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by Warlord3000(m): 7:04am On Jan 16, 2016
source = zubbyblog

Lol no more comment cheesy
Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by ERAKAMUS: 7:12am On Jan 16, 2016
[s]
advocates:
[/s]You need SERIOUS Help.

5 Likes

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:17am On Jan 16, 2016
He was invited and let go.
Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by Bhella5(m): 7:20am On Jan 16, 2016
Next is NL. Before long this forum will be no more if we maintain status quo. Supermod do something.
Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 16, 2016
ARM FORCE DAY! . Today is military remembrance day, in memory of all fallen heroes. . . Gboooom!! . This was the sound of motals and other type of improvised explosives, we heard the cries of men, sons, fathers and brothers from afar, i know death was luking around. . Our vehicle came to an hault and we give covers to few others in order to render first aid to the injured and evacuate the dead. . Before we could make a blink, there was an heavy gun fire from afar, the pressure was much on us but we had made a last minute decision-just shot till either you are killed or run out of bullets, our commander ordered. Yes, we have been ambushed. . . Incoming! Incoming!! . Kill them! Kill them!! . This were the cry of sons of men facing terror, they have been shot to die, but they keep screaming, alerting other soldiers about the incoming baggers who keep screaming 'Allah Akbar' to that god of 99 virgins. . They keep advancing on feet in their hundreds and few others on their motorised weaponry, we keep firing and taking cover like our life depend on how harder we press the trigger. The gunFire was too heavy to an extent we were pushed deep backward into our base. The sound of riffles and blast, start echoeing like ringtones, who would dare pick this call of death? . Re-inforcement was radioed for, the airforce jet couldn't fly that night due to technical issues and poor vision, death toll keep rising on both side. We keep fighting this dare-devils and running out of ammonition. . . Kpakam! ....it finaly happened, i have run out of ammonition and i lie there praying my last, what about my mum, oh God? . Allah akbah...!! I heard this from a fellow behind me and i look backward, he was pointing his AK49 riffle against my small head, ready to blast it into pieces. . Arrrrgh, Kabir dnt fire, its me your Regus, i screamed. But he fell down to his face to his 99 virgins, Another soldier shot him before he could shoot at 5 of us who were already confused. . Take Cover! Take Cover!! that was the voice of Corporal Daniel, he was eventually shot dead why giving us guide and cover. Corporal Daniel was to do his marriage in a month time but he died before he could say 'i do' to his long time gurlfriend, he died saving me and my colleagues, he died a hero. . . Now the battle was intensified and we had depend on just one military tank as our strenght for mass gun duel against this rebels, the tank kill in mass and we keep pushing them backward. . But just the tank stopped, their was confusion among the sons of men, the tank commander keep issueing out commands but to no avail. The tank that is popularly called Machine Gun has abruptly stop, thereby putting us in more danger cos our base may be overriden and taken over by terrorist. . There was coax everywhere and more men were dropping dead, the tank - our strenght is down. The tank commander was killed therein, my namesake and a regus 'Bernard Dauda' could not make it out of the tank, he was to marry mid 2016. (I never knew his gurlfriend was in my list until late December 2015) May His Soul Rest In Peace # 105Soldiers . Davidson was also killed, he was his aged parent's only Child. Corporal Sanni could not make it, his wife die a forthnight ago during her first baby delivering. Sergent Obinna body could not be recover after a blast from landmine. Sergent Adekunle (the eagle) also was killed. Corporal Emeka neck was slight by this rebels, he died a hero. . Many others died. They died to make you live They face terror to give you peace. They trade their life for your safety. They abadon their family for your unity. They stay awake at night so that you can sleep. . They willfully laid their life for our dear country. They are the heroes of our time. . . Rest In Peace to all dead soldiers who died in one way or the other in the cause of active duty. RIP to all those civilians affected. . May God continue to guide other soldiers who are still in the RedZone area, they shall live to tell their
Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by muzzol: 7:33am On Jan 16, 2016
That guy was arrested for fraud but he posted that rubbish to curry public sympathy because he knew most Nigerians are gullible. You can simply Google his name to know who he is. His case has been in public domain for long....he was facing charges in US court and wanted to sneak into the country. Simply Google his name and you will know him better.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by JANK23H(m): 7:41am On Jan 16, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
He was invited and let go.
Today it is '.... invited and let go', tomorrow it would stretch to something else. Let's not encourage this madness.
Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by jayloms: 7:51am On Jan 16, 2016
Too bad! Sue them like you said, then, I'll know you're truly innocent.
Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by morereb10: 7:54am On Jan 16, 2016
advocates:

if not that nairaland said no use of insulting words on this platform, the kind thunder way i for use on ur head this morning, you go wonder why u wrote on nairaland today
Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by illiad1(m): 8:05am On Jan 16, 2016
this government is not only tyrannical but very gullible

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Insulting Buhari On Facebook (photo) by megabyte2(f): 8:42am On Jan 16, 2016
That's bad if Jonathan has done that only God knows how many people that would have been in jail, a lot of Nigerians called him clueless lots of names, hmmmm it is well

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNEP Report: Amaechi Refused Having A Handshake With Wike (photos / Is Willie Really Working / Atiku In Early Lead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.