Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,216 members, 7,957,486 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:35 PM

Udom you are right but pay us please. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udom you are right but pay us please. (2466 Views)

90-Year-Old Man's House Close To Udom's Residence Demolished. Man Laments (Pics) / Akwa Ibom Governorship Tribunal Judgement: Udom(PDP) Vs Umana(APC) - Live / Governor Udom Emmanuel Builds House Just 4 Months In Govt - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Udom you are right but pay us please. by playtheblues(f): 4:42pm On Jan 15, 2016
Please pay the newly recruited Civil Servants in AKS. It's 1 yr+3months now. Pay up please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by playtheblues(f): 4:43pm On Jan 15, 2016
Pay up please.
Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by jaybee3(m): 4:47pm On Jan 15, 2016
I thought they said the big headed Akpabio with massive allocation was the best thing since slice bread

This news/rumour had better not be true undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by playtheblues(f): 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2016
Please don't politicise this.

jaybee3:
I thought they said the big headed Akpabio with massive allocation was the best thing since slice bread

1 Like

Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by playtheblues(f): 5:17pm On Jan 15, 2016
Pay up please.
Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by playtheblues(f): 5:18pm On Jan 15, 2016
Please pay up.
Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by Abagworo(m): 5:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
jaybee3:

Its true. All of Nigeria is in serious economic crisis. Our dependence on oil has crippled our economy.

1 Like

Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by akfeas(m): 6:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
APC propaganda

2 Likes

Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by Seun360(m): 6:34pm On Jan 15, 2016
playtheblues:
The Governor of Akwa Abasi Ibom, His Excellency Udom Emmanuel has asked the Civil Servants recruited in AKS since November/December 2014 to forfeit their 1 year 2 months accumulated salaries which he is yet to pay them, stating that the state will be broke after paying thousands of them the accumulated salaries.

The Civil Servants have been lamenting. They have been going to work for a year plus now without any form of payment. They are calling on well meaning Nigerians, activists, religious bodies, N.G.O's and the media to come to their aid.

How can people work meticulously for a year plus without receiving salaries?

Some of them resigned from other jobs to take the jobs. Some of them are family men and women, some are even widows.

The other day one of them slumped and died out of hunger and frustrations.

How long will this victimisation go on?

Why is Udom Emanuel playing God?

Why is nobody talking about this? Has he bought the press?

God save the workers from frustrations-related deaths.

Feel sorry for them, one of my colleague left the banking job to take up that job.

Anyways, all na uncommon transformation from the uncommon governor.

Akpabioism.

4 Likes

Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by playtheblues(f): 6:38pm On Jan 15, 2016
Please pay up.

Seun360:

Feel sorry for them, one of my colleague left the banking job to take up that job.

Anyways, all na uncommon transformation from the uncommon governor.

Akpabioism.
Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by playtheblues(f): 7:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
God help us.
Abagworo:

Its true. All of Nigeria is in serious economic crisis. Our dependence on oil has crippled our economy.
Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by playtheblues(f): 7:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
Am not an APC member.

Am a civil servant who's worked for a year plus without any salary.
akfeas:
APC propaganda
Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
A friend of mine left a job offer to be a lecturer in a polytechnic to take this offer which he asked me for advice a I told him to go for the state job, when ever we talk I will ask him if he has been paid? He always have one story or two from the Government, when I tell people that Akpabio was the was thing to happen to Akwa Ibom state they feel it's a PDP / APC discussion. Udom is already confessing.
Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 15, 2016

1 Like

Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by playtheblues(f): 8:12pm On Jan 15, 2016
Honestly it is painful.

StainlessH:
A friend of mine left a job offer to be a lecturer in a polytechnic to take this offer which he asked me for advice a I told him to go for the state job, when ever we talk I will ask him if he has been paid? He always have one story or two from the Government, when I tell people that Akpabio was the was thing to happen to Akwa Ibom state they feel it's a PDP / APC discussion. Udom is already confessing.
Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by playtheblues(f): 8:12pm On Jan 15, 2016
Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by Opinedecandid(m): 8:28pm On Jan 15, 2016
Bad belle people.
Bad belle news.

1 Like

Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 15, 2016
playtheblues:
The Governor of Akwa Abasi Ibom, His Excellency Udom Emmanuel has asked the Civil Servants recruited in AKS since November/December 2014 to forfeit their 1 year 2 months accumulated salaries which he is yet to pay them, stating that the state will be broke after paying thousands of them the accumulated salaries.

The Civil Servants have been lamenting. They have been going to work for a year plus now without any form of payment. They are calling on well meaning Nigerians, activists, religious bodies, N.G.O's and the media to come to their aid.

How can people work meticulously for a year plus without receiving salaries?

Some of them resigned from other jobs to take the jobs. Some of them are family men and women, some are even widows.

The other day one of them slumped and died out of hunger and frustrations.

How long will this victimisation go on?

Why is Udom Emanuel playing God?

Why is nobody talking about this? Has he bought the press?

God save the workers from frustrations-related deaths.

Una don start again abi? Why are you APC so desperate of controlling a state in Niger-Delta? Why the propaganda?

In as much as I don't personally like Mr Udom, Please face your Osun, Oyo...that the civil servants are begging for food.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by playtheblues(f): 8:33pm On Jan 15, 2016
Are you ok?

Why don't you verify this before shouting?

None of the Civil Servants recruited since Nov/Dec 2014 has been paid. The Doctors who started work around March, 2014 are yet to be paid too.

Mind you am a PDP member but this post is not a political post.
Innocent0911:

Una don start again abi? Why are you APC so desperate of controlling a state in Niger-Delta? Why the propaganda?

In as much as I don't personally like Mr Udom, Please face your Osun, Oyo...that the civil servants are begging for food.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2016
playtheblues:
Are you ok?

Why don't you verify this before shouting?

None of the Civil Servants recruited since Nov/Dec 2014 has been paid. The Doctors who started work around March, 2014 are yet to be paid too.

Mind you am a PDP member but this post is not a political post.

You are asking me if I'm ok ba? Let me tell you something, i'm from Akwa Ibom, son of the soil. My Elder brother works with the civil service there. Things are not as bad as you claimed.

BTW, I don't like Udom and won't vote for him in the re-run if supreme Court affirms it for personal reasons if I'm available but that doesn't mean that Umana Okon Umana of APC will win, OK.

So face your Osung and leave us alone

2 Likes

Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by playtheblues(f): 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2016
The old staff have been receiving their salaries but the new staff recruited in March and Nov/Dec 2014 have not been paid a dime since resumption of work.

Call your brother and ask him of this.

Get your facts right before coming here to swear.

Am not a political thug.

Am not lacking either.

My father has enough money/resources to feed even my great grand children but I want to earn my own money as an adult, not just family wealth.

Udom has not paid us and that is wrong.

Please walk in to any of the Ministries on Monday, ask of the newly recruited officers and verify from them if they have been paid.
Innocent0911:

You are asking me if I'm ok ba? Let me tell you something, i'm from Akwa Ibom, son of the soil. My Elder brother works with the civil service there. Things are not as bad as you claimed.

BTW, I don't like Udom and won't vote for him in the re-run if supreme Court affirms it for personal reasons if I'm available but that doesn't mean that Umana Okon Umana of APC will win, OK.

So face your Osung and leave us alone
Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by playtheblues(f): 9:43pm On Jan 15, 2016
Has Udom paid the newly recruited officers employed since March and Nov/Dec 2014?

NO.

Opinedecandid:
Bad belle people.
Bad belle news.
Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by nigerianvenom(m): 10:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
playtheblues:
Am not an APC member.

Am a civil servant who's worked for a year plus without any salary.
Shout up and stop the lies.
Apc dog meat
Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by AKSGNewMedia: 11:05pm On Jan 15, 2016
No Akwa Ibom worker has been asked to forfeit salaries

By MefLyn Anwana

The story published on social media which points to the fact that the Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr. Udom Emmanuel has asked Civil Servants in the state to forfeit one year and two months salaries is completely false and misleading.

In a meeting with newsmen the commissioner for finance ,Aks Mr Akan Okon stated that the issue of employment into the civil service has been disabled by fraud but
that Akwa Ibom civil servants legitimately employed, receive their salaries as at when due

He noted there were issues involved in the last recruitment exercise done in the State and as such an approval was given for a specific number of persons to be employed in which case the employment was done at about 150 per cent above the specified number thus, it was rather rackety, as some were going around with fake employment letters.
"Government has set up a committee to look at all these issues with a view to separating those who have been genuinely employed by Government from the fake ones and as soon as that is done, the genuine one will receive their salaries. There is no right thinking Akwa Ibom person that will allow monies to be paid to those who are not qualified to be in the civil service. Let me tell you that some of those that were given appointment letters never had their secondary school certificates but they have offer letters for graduate positions. I believe the right thing should be done and Akwa Ibom people I know would want the right thing to be done .

MefLyn Anwana is the Special Asssistant
To Governor Udom Emmanuel,New Media
Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by playtheblues(f): 1:21am On Jan 16, 2016
If am an APC member may God bless you mightily. If I am not an APC member may God bless me mightly and enlarge my coast all the days of my life in Jesus name, amen.

I voted for GEJ and Udom and I will vote for Udom again because there is no better alternative to him for now.

Take care.
nigerianvenom:

Shout up and stop the lies.
Apc dog meat
Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by playtheblues(f): 1:31am On Jan 16, 2016
So because of the people they claim they gave fake appointment letters to, the genuine ones should suffer for 1 year and 2 months?

If they have fake people among the newly recruited officers, it is their duty to fish them out asap, not using them to punish others for a year and 2 months. The Doctors' case is even worse as they have worked for a year and 10 months without salaries.

This lame excuse is not adequate. They should look for a better reason.

It's very easy for anyone who has never worked for a year plus without salaries to come here and talk about politics.

Mind you most of the newly recruited officers are not politicians.

We have been doing our works diligently. The Government should sort out whatever they want to sort out quickly and stop treating people unjustly.
AKSGNewMedia:

By MefLyn Anwana

The story published on social media which points to the fact that the Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr. Udom Emmanuel has asked Civil Servants in the state to forfeit one year and two months salaries is completely false and misleading.

In a meeting with newsmen the commissioner for finance ,Aks Mr Akan Okon stated that the issue of employment into the civil service has been disabled by fraud but
that Akwa Ibom civil servants legitimately employed, receive their salaries as at when due

He noted there were issues involved in the last recruitment exercise done in the State and as such an approval was given for a specific number of persons to be employed in which case the employment was done at about 150 per cent above the specified number thus, it was rather rackety, as some were going around with fake employment letters.
"Government has set up a committee to look at all these issues with a view to separating those who have been genuinely employed by Government from the fake ones and as soon as that is done, the genuine one will receive their salaries. There is no right thinking Akwa Ibom person that will allow monies to be paid to those who are not qualified to be in the civil service. Let me tell you that some of those that were given appointment letters never had their secondary school certificates but they have offer letters for graduate positions. I believe the right thing should be done and Akwa Ibom people I know would want the right thing to be done .

MefLyn Anwana is the Special Asssistant
To Governor Udom Emmanuel,New Media

3 Likes

Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by Blackfire(m): 6:05am On Jan 16, 2016
Sometimes i think the good Lord ve left this country a long time ago.

If there is a heaven, maybe we shouldn't be allowed in, because there will be acrimony the day we set our foot in there, even devil won't want us in hell, because we will increase his wahala.
Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by Opinedecandid(m): 1:04pm On Jan 16, 2016
playtheblues:
Has Udom paid the newly recruited officers employed since March and Nov/Dec 2014?

NO.

Re: Udom you are right but pay us please. by playtheblues(f): 1:12pm On Jan 16, 2016
The question is:

Have we truly worked for 1yr + 2 months without salary?

Yes!!!!

How long will it take the committee to look into the so called recruitment abnormally?

We heard about this verification since September, 2015 and up till now nothing has been done by the Government.

All we see everyday is people bringing different forms for us to fill, promising that our salaries would soon be ready.

The last form was brought to us with some urgency. We filled them over three weeks ago and yet nothing has been said about it.

Udom cannot deny saying that we should forfeit our salaries, he said it in his house and unknown to him his voice was recorded.

Am aware that some people are trying so hard to hack my account.

I am not hiding.

The Governor needs to do the right thing or it will affect his election unless the Supreme Court bails him out.

A word is enough for the wise.

the question everyone should ask him/herself is:
If it happens to me will I be happy?
Opinedecandid:

(1) (Reply)

#isharemygeneratorwithmyigboneighbour# / Man Who Sells Vulture To People As Chicken Arrested In Abuja (photos) / Biafra Avengers Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.